Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Feldegast42 posted:

Won't the GOP nuke the filibuster if they try it on the AHCA?

there is no will in the senate to remove the legislative filibuster at this juncture.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

euphronius posted:

Just scrotus appointment s

at least until mcconnel needs to blow up the legislative one which he will do the moment it is convenient for him

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

I can't believe they backpedaled on the tax in under 24 hours

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Feldegast42 posted:

I thought the nuclear option killed the filibuster for everything in the senate. So can the dems still block it?

Most budget stuff is still filibuster-able. For now. I don't trust The Turtle at all though so we might see some wild poo poo soon.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Feldegast42 posted:

That would be a revolutionary act

So probably

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

blowing up the legislative filibuster has little, if anything, to do with mcconnell.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

You'd need 50 votes in the republican caucus. They don't have 50 votes. :shrug:

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Schnorkles posted:

asking a question about the filibuster is like lighting the schnorkles sign by the way

what do they fill it with

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

mormonpartyboat posted:

what do they fill it with

probably whiskey

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
https://twitter.com/Fahrenthold/status/856974441909293065

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.

Intel&Sebastian posted:

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A URL INTO THE BROWSER. ITS DAY CREW IN THE TRUMP THREAD AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE WITH THE SUPER SENTAI GIFS. I DO EVERY MOVE AND I DO EVERY MOVE HARD. MAKIN WHOOSHING SOUNDS WHEN I SLAM DOWN SOME NITE CREW BASTARDS OR EVEN WHEN I MESS UP AND SMOKE WEED. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY POSTED IN THE GALAXY’S MOST NON MATTERING SUBFORUM. I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUTLOUD EVERYDAY TO PEOPLE IN THE DEM THREAD AND ALL THEY DO IS PROVE PEOPLE IN EXISTENTIAL CRISIS CAN STILL BE IMMATURE JERKS. AND IVE LEARNED ALL THE CATCHPHRASES AND IVE LEARNED HOW TO MAKE MYSELF AND MY WORK TERMINAL LESS LONELY BY SHOUTING EM ALL. 2 HOURS INCLUDING WIND DOWN EVERY MORNIng

He'll, same

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin

Agrajag posted:

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR!!!!

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Feldegast42 posted:

no

the filibuster is a really useful tool for up-and-coming senators to make names for themselves. it's a very easy to use "GIVE ME ATTENTION" move so everybody benefits from it

they also know that as soon as they nuke it they will get hosed bigly when they are the minority party

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

looks like former Senator Cosmo Trucknutz has a sweet new gig lined up (bolded below)

THE WHITE HOUSE
Office of the Press Secretary
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
April 25, 2017

NOMINATIONS SENT TO THE SENATE:

Kari A. Bingen, of Virginia, to be a Principal Deputy Under.Secretary of Defense, vice Marcel J. Lettre, II, resigned.

Stephen Elliott Boyd, of Alabama, to be an Assistant Attorney General, vice Peter Joseph Kadzik.

Scott P. Brown, of New Hampshire, to be Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of the United States of America to New Zealand, and to serve concurrently and without additional compensation as Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of the United States of America to the Independent State of Samoa.

Lee Francis Cissna, of Maryland, to be Director of United States Citizenship and Immigration Services, Department of Homeland Security, vice Leon Rodriguez.

Robert Daigle, of Virginia, to be Director of Cost Assessment and Program Evaluation, Department of Defense, vice Jamie Michael Morin.

Robert Story Karem, of the District of Columbia, to be an Assistant Secretary of Defense, vice Derek H. Chollet, resigned.

Kenneth P. Rapuano, of Virginia, to be an Assistant Secretary of Defense, vice Eric Rosenbach, resigned.

John J. Sullivan, of Maryland, to be Deputy Secretary of State, vice Antony Blinken, resigned.

WITHDRAWAL SENT TO THE SENATE: Todd M. Ricketts, of Illinois, to be Deputy Secretary of Commerce, vice Bruce H. Andrews, resigned, which was sent to the Senate on January 20, 2017.

Serf
May 5, 2011

we are gonna gently caress canada right up lol

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
https://twitter.com/SwiftOnSecurity/status/856974899377778689

Former Everything
Nov 28, 2007

Is this right?

Duscat posted:

you try to defend the indefensible, you have to come up with some ludicrous poo poo

the defense strategy of "this EO is just empty rhetoric" probably isn't looking too good to the trumpists either, it's like alex jones trying to argue in court that he's sane and normal and his show is just an act, which then lead to him having to put out videos reassuring his viewers that NO, ACTUALLY he's just lying in court and is genuinely for real insane, which in turn bit him in the rear end even harder in court

just lol if you think there are trumpists that could read this opinion and come to a conclusion

when fox news/breitbart tells them this is an activist judge scared of strong daddy making everything all better they will have their opinion and not a moment before

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

now shop the trump voters from that cnn clip onto the we the people side.

old.flv
Jan 28, 2017

A good lad who likes his Anna's.
not sure if this was posted yet between all the power rangers gifs

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2017/04/25/the-republican-lawmaker-who-secretly-created-reddit-s-women-hating-red-pill.html

looks like the redpill sub-reddit was founded by a NH gop lawmaker

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

it's impressive how quickly paul ryan is completely destroying his undeserved reputation as a smart wonk when he got handed the keys to the castle

I did a thing
Mar 23, 2017

On the chest of a barmaid in Sale, were tattooed the prices of ale. And on her behind for the sake of the blind, was the same information in braille.

triple sulk posted:

I can't believe they backpedaled on the tax in under 24 hours

I can.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

That aint the reason Wisconsin sucks

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Zikan posted:

it's impressive how quickly paul ryan is completely destroying his undeserved reputation as a smart wonk when he got handed the keys to the castle

"Thanks for the car keys Dad!"

*drives car forward through the garage and into the house*

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Not far from growing people in vats

Nice

UV_Catastrophe
Dec 29, 2008

Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are,

"It might have been."
Pillbug

im the person waving the red "WALL" flag

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Can't wait to see Paul Ryan be humiliated again when the likely-more-ghoulish healthcare bill fails to clear the House

Cromulent_Chill
Apr 6, 2009

What a waste of three arrows in the prairies. You'd need 2 arrows tops.

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬
https://twitter.com/US_Stratcom/status/856535265598468097

quote:

VANDENBERG AIR FORCE BASE, Calif. --
An operational test launch of an Air Force Global Strike Command unarmed Minuteman III intercontinental ballistic missile is scheduled for Wednesday, April. 26, between 12:01 p.m. to 6:01 a.m. from north Vandenberg Air Force Base.

The purpose of the ICBM test launch program is to validate and verify the effectiveness, readiness, and accuracy of the weapon system, according to Air Force Global Strike Command.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Zikan posted:

If I'm remembering correctly Paul Ryan really didn't want those keys.

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes
whose cohn and that lady in red? nikki haley?

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Consummate Professional posted:

Wouldn't this apply to withholding ACA funds for wall funds?

Separate issue. The GOP had already filed a lawsuit over those ACA funds while Obama was still in office and it's really not clear what the Courts will do; it's legitimately at issue.

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

:lol:

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
https://twitter.com/Cernovich/status/856942376736116736

nice

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

i hope someone tries to shoot it down

UV_Catastrophe
Dec 29, 2008

Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are,

"It might have been."
Pillbug

what a twist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

i find it kind of odd that people are yelling that mcconnell is going to get rid of the legislative filibuster when the whole AHCA debacle shows just how fractured and hard it is for the republicans to even get their entire caucus on board with any bill.

• Locked thread