Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:
https://starcitizentracker.github.io/ has a few new visual enhancements. Added fidelity if you will.

Probably the most useful is percentages of each status:

The original list comes from SC wikia, and has promise dates for prettymuch everything now. The page needs dates to tell if something is stagnant or a more recent promise.

I really did not anticipate doing this much data entry myself but even the totally open google doc got barely a handful of edits; probably half of which were just people messing around with the sorting.
The good news is once each promise has a approximate date and an optional link, I don't expect much to change very fast. CIG being themselves.
The bad news is there is still about 2 years of 10 for the chairman promises to consider. Thankfully the summaries on http://scqa.info/ make that much easier than watching the videos.

Msg me on discord if you are interested in editing the sheet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Virtual Captain posted:

Hello Kitty ripoff + Pyramid scheme barely lasted us two days. CIG help the thread out.

I feel grief :negative:

Rest your heart; something big is coming - and it's going to be all kinds of hilarious. It will last us right through to the July lols which will follow the 3.0 meltdown that's next on the lols list.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Virtual Captain posted:

https://starcitizentracker.github.io/ has a few new visual enhancements. Added fidelity if you will.

The original list comes from SC wikia, and has promise dates for prettymuch everything now. The page needs dates to tell if something is stagnant or a more recent promise.

I really did not anticipate doing this much data entry myself but even the totally open google doc got barely a handful of edits; probably half of which were just people messing around with the sorting.
The good news is once each promise has a approximate date and an optional link, I don't expect much to change very fast. CIG being themselves.
The bad news is there is still about 2 years of 10 for the chairman promises to consider. Thankfully the summaries on http://scqa.info/ make that much easier than watching the videos.

:five::five::five::five:

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

D_Smart posted:

Rest your heart; something big is coming

Mods please make this a :toxx:

Tsar Mikey
Nov 30, 2005

When will then be now?

Virtual Captain posted:

Lol, this is probably more useful to CIG employees than whatever the hell they're doing internally now.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

D_Smart posted:

Rest your heart; something big is coming - and it's going to be all kinds of hilarious. It will last us right through to the July lols which will follow the 3.0 meltdown that's next on the lols list.

It's always coming and it's always two weeks away

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

Nuclearmonkee posted:

It's always coming and it's always two weeks away

Schrodingers E.L.E

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

Propagandist posted:

Is it anything like Wargame: Airland Battle or Red Dragon?

Yes. It's the same dev and same engine I believe. I never really got into those but I prefer the WWII setting.

Air Power/The Air War is a lot more important. AA isn't as good vs planes so you have to rely more on your own fighters if your ground troops are getting rocketed or bombed.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

X-Ultron posted:

Lol, this is probably more useful to CIG employees than whatever the hell they're doing internally now.

The irony is that back when I was saying that it wasn't even 10% completed, then I upped to 15%, people though I was pulling numbers out my arse. Despite the fact that I showed them how I reached my numbers.

Now we have this valiant effort which even those SAAD guys can't dispute, and it's not even 15% completed (if you calculate everything as a whole). This after 6 years, $148 million, and 500+ people having worked on it.

Yet, a bunch of rear end-clowns think that this game stands a chance of ever seeing the light of day; 3.0 notwithstanding.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

But the pipelines!

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

Schrodingers E.L.E

...Inside of BC2000 game box.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Virtual Captain posted:

Really glad someone finally did this. Great work dude :)

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:

D_Smart posted:

The irony is that back when I was saying that it wasn't even 10% completed, then I upped to 15%, people though I was pulling numbers out my arse. Despite the fact that I showed them how I reached my numbers.

Now we have this valiant effort which even those SAAD guys can't dispute, and it's not even 15% completed (if you calculate everything as a whole). This after 6 years, $148 million, and 500+ people having worked on it.

Yet, a bunch of rear end-clowns think that this game stands a chance of ever seeing the light of day; 3.0 notwithstanding.

One thing to keep in mind most of the Completed items are in pretty pointless categories: Community, MoCap, Promos, Shop, etc. Barely anything effecting gameplay outside of Ships and Assets, and I personally wouldn't even count those.

DarkRefreshment
May 5, 2015

Nothing is funnier than a dog in a formal outfit. Look it up on the internets.

ManofManyAliases posted:

...Inside of BC2000 game box.

I miss CIG defending MOMA not sarcastic, occasionally funny, fashionista MOMA.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Virtual Captain posted:

Hello Kitty ripoff + Pyramid scheme barely lasted us two days. CIG help the thread out.

I feel grief :negative:

Yep. This thread is like a meth addict in southern Indiana. Always needs a new hit.

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

DarkRefreshment posted:

Just wait when this particuliar intern take his shift on the account.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
IroquiaChief rage quitting makes it even more sense that he was Brendan take 3(4?).

PS:
Putting people on ignore is just dumb.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

DarkRefreshment posted:

I miss the old MoMA, signin' his posts MoMA
Defendin' TOS MoMA, the buyin' ships MoMA
I hate the new MoMA, the good mood MoMA
Reviewin' food MoMA, sarcastic dude MoMA

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
This or the bishop speech on repeat the rest of your life

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wllc5gSc-N8

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

TrustmeImLegit posted:

Delete this.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

thatguy posted:

Delete this.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Hah, shoebills.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iO2KrDwUbg4

DarkRefreshment
May 5, 2015

TrustmeImLegit posted:

Well move over goatee and 2G1C; I can now say I've found the worst thing on the internet

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

TrustmeImLegit posted:

This is bad and you should feel bad. And that is coming from someone that just got publicly modspanked for posting a lovely reddit meme.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

TrustmeImLegit posted:

Thanks to the miracle of multiple monitors I no longer have to choose

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

TrustmeImLegit posted:

oh my... I'm not sure anything can prepare one for this level of fremdschamen, maybe KyakChief posts but god drat

e: this is almost as bad as the 2016 CIG Holiday livestream

DarkRefreshment
May 5, 2015

My German is a little rusty but I think the comment "Und dann tanzte das Schiff... oO und versinkt im Boden!" translates to "Poorly coded boring dumpster fire scam.... why did I spend all this money!"

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

TrustmeImLegit posted:

Literally just last night I was like "Hey I should check out that new Bill Nye show and see if it's good or a nightmare!" but I only made it through half an episode before deciding "I don't think I like this" and I'm glad you've proven me right. Holy poo poo that was terrible.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
rip in peace science

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

Selfland succssfl

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

The_Groove posted:

I think CiG should create their own scripting language in addition to the alien ones

They did this, they called it "Diffusion". It's what allows the backend services to support 1,000s of players and it seamlessly connects with the Spectrum.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
In this week's adventure in the SS-SpaceDonger:

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

Can you kill the pilot yet, or are they still invincible objects?

DarkRefreshment
May 5, 2015

Beet Wagon posted:

Literally just last night I was like "Hey I should check out that new Bill Nye show and see if it's good or a nightmare!" but I only made it through half an episode before deciding "I don't think I like this" and I'm glad you've proven me right. Holy poo poo that was terrible.

I just want to know when Bill Nye went from quirky interesting science guy to SJW?

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

MilesK posted:

Can you kill the pilot yet, or are they still invincible objects?

Listen to your heart. What does it tell you?

Arcade
Sep 10, 2007

TrustmeImLegit posted:

Beakman has got to be dying from laughter over this.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Scruffpuff posted:

OK so some background is necessary here. Chris Roberts is a man living in two times. In one time, it is the 1990's, and he is trying to turn PC gaming into a Hollywood movie. He has never left that time, and never given up on that white whale. Rather than realize that the gaming industry moved on without him, and in fact the "game as movie" days were in fact some of the worst games ever made, he instead thinks that with today's technology he can finally make it happen the way he pictured it back then in his damaged mind.

In the other time, it is the year 2014567 and he views himself as a cross between Steve Jobs and Elon Musk. The culture at CIG is now down to fear and survival. The experienced and confident developers - those who have worked on successful products and shipped titles - have left, due to recognizing that Chris is a complete and total sham. The people trying to make it day to day now have to basically trick a clueless leader into thinking that progress is being made on things that don't exist at all. The best way to make something real to someone stupid is to give it a name.

"Realistic Thruster Modeling" is one of the earliest lies in the project. By telling Chris "Yeah we're getting off LUA for the thruster modeling and moving to something else" they get him off their backs for a few more months, maybe even years, as the "ships" continue to NOCLIP through space with no physics whatsoever.

Switching from Flow Graph to whatever is the same kind of gambit. They had to name their non-existent AI "Subsumption" to make Chris think he invented something. There is no subsumption AI (spoiler alert) but if there was, it would obviously benefit from a super-secret sauce of proprietary doodads, so that's what Chris is told he's gonna get.

The networking aspect here is completely broken as well, so Chris gets more bullshit spat at him in the form of "meshes" and "network 2.0". This is going on constantly. Everyone's job at CIG is to give Chris the impression that he's a visionary inventing things, a movie director and master storyteller, and a brilliant game designer. That's the entire function of every last member of the staff here. There is no game, there are no plans - everything all day every day is a mad rush to put a new coat of paint on yesterday's failures, and come up with a new word or new concept that will be credited with being able to overcome "blockers" (such as nothing working) and accelerate the pace of development.

That's why all these buzzwords are accompanied by phrases such as "implementation time to achieve a desired effect has been cut dramatically" and "This is a huge step forward on the code side." Boots on the ground at CIG aren't trying to fool the public - they're trying to keep their jobs by continually fooling Chris. Sure, Chris: you're single-handedly creating the AI singularity while simultaneously eclipsing Moore's Law and also recreating an entire industry from the ground up through the sheer force of your extra chromosome. Here's some Subsumption, some Netcode 2.0, and a side-order of Fidelity.
Thank you for Gorf-posting

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Arcade posted:

Beakman has got to be dying from laughter over this.

At first I thought you meant my Beakman, who cannot laugh, but can only scream.

Then I remembered Beakman's World.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

EightAce posted:

Purely hypothetical of course and totally NOT true in any way .
But imagine if Gary Parpman was promised a royalty based on his performance , imagine that he took a slight pay cut for this . Imagine he signed a specific deal for the use of his likeness.
Now imagine that somehow CIG were deemed to have used his image inappropriately. Say like releasing pre-production mocap set ups and unauthored textures of his face etc . Now let’s pretend that CIG have slipped ever so slightly behind with sq42 and those royalties seem less and less likely, even so far as Mr Parpmans original contract clearly specified a date that has now sailed past . Let’s say that Mr Parpman has called his agent ....

Now lets check if Mr Parpmans agent is the same one he had when filming Sq42

Like I said, just a hypotheseis from a low level wig technician that once walked past the LA office

:gary: is forever.