Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Gavok posted:

I noticed they took out the scene where Z'Dar tortures and kills the female cop in her home. Not that the movie suffered for it.
Okay, I was wondering about that, since Z'Dar did mention the female cop. The film's so badly made I wouldn't have been surprised if they just forgot to put the scene in in the fist place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

Pre-show slides!

https://imgur.com/a/BWoju

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

That was pretty good but man am I looking forward to the Summer Shorts Beach Party. The Christmas shorts show is hands-down my favorite thing they ever did.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

IUG posted:

For those of you who are going to see Samurai Cop tonight, here's an interview RedLetterMedia did with the star. He talks about why the movie is the way it is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8830UXkTzY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMsWmsR8Smk

That was pretty cool. I like it when actors own up to their crappy movies.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

If I may, I'd just like to quote the last paragraph of the Wikipedia summary for Samurai Cop, because it's pretty great.

quote:

Joe then stalks Fujiyama's girlfriend Jennifer and seduces her, while several of his police comrades are tortured and killed by the Katana gang who are looking for him. Unable to contain his anger any longer, commanding officer Captain Rohmer sanctions an assassination of every single Katana gang member. Joe and Frank head to Fujiyama's compound and gun down every living person and a final sword battle between Joe and Yamashita ends the reign of terror. To celebrate, Joe once more has sexual intercourse with Jennifer.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Gavok posted:

I noticed they took out the scene where Z'Dar tortures and kills the female cop in her home. Not that the movie suffered for it.

Now where do I get me that awesome Samurai Cop song from the show's end credits?

Do they actually kill her?

I'm glad they left it out. I love SC but that scene really bothers me so I wish the regular Rifftrax didn't have it. The only thing that makes it palatable in my mind is that they didn't kill her. So I hope they didn't. She just wanted to gently caress! Is that so bad?

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

SHOOT! SHOOT! SHOOT! GO! GO! GO! SHOOT! SHOOT! GO!

I still don't even know what crimes that gang was actually doing before their incredibly unsuccessful murder spree. Something about swapping luggage?

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k
It was also somewhat annoying that the one good cop was murdered too. Everyone else is either a sex addict or makes weird faces

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

CrashCat posted:

SHOOT! SHOOT! SHOOT! GO! GO! GO! SHOOT! SHOOT! GO!

I still don't even know what crimes that gang was actually doing before their incredibly unsuccessful murder spree. Something about swapping luggage?

There's one throwaway line near the beginning about them dealing coke, I think?

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Thinking it over, Captain Rohmer might be my favorite Rifftrax character, just beating out Harry De Bauld from Guy From Harlem.

There's something refreshing about the angry police chief character -- who is usually there to antagonize and bring conflict to the people on his side -- using his energy to go the opposite direction and scream obscenities about killing the criminals.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Just a quick reminder for people in this thread, the new MST3k episodes are out on Netflix. I haven't yet seen any, but I figured people in this thread may want to know they're out there.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

IUG posted:

Just a quick reminder for people in this thread, the new MST3k episodes are out on Netflix. I haven't yet seen any, but I figured people in this thread may want to know they're out there.

Weird if you grew up on Joel, but good. Bonus Kevin and Bill appearance in episode 2 (not spoilered because you see them right there on that episode's landing page)

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

The Ape of Naples posted:

Do they actually kill her?

I'm glad they left it out. I love SC but that scene really bothers me so I wish the regular Rifftrax didn't have it. The only thing that makes it palatable in my mind is that they didn't kill her. So I hope they didn't. She just wanted to gently caress! Is that so bad?

Technically...no, they didn't. Just like they didn't kill Okamura or Fujiyama...because they're all in Samurai Cop 2. If Z'dar hadn't actually died, he'd probably have been in SC2 as well.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

:siren: Backers, check your emails for the Samurai Cop Theme download :siren:

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
Chugging right along with my complete Rifftrax re-watch and this little rap ditty pops up in Fast and Furious:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRJcKTgvKgI

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Evil Mastermind posted:

:siren: Backers, check your emails for the Samurai Cop Theme download :siren:

I love it so much.

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony
Based on comments, I am experiencing Rollergator. I've seen Rock 'n' Roll Nightmare, so I hope I'm ready for anything.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

BDawg posted:

Based on comments, I am experiencing Rollergator. I've seen Rock 'n' Roll Nightmare, so I hope I'm ready for anything.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

I just saw Trace and Frank live riff a film called Walk the Dark Streets. Wow, what a long, plodding, weird 50s "action" movie. I'd highly recommend seeing them if they ever come to your town.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

BDawg posted:

I'm so sorry.

Overwined
Sep 22, 2008

Wine can of their wits the wise beguile,
Make the sage frolic, and the serious smile.

Evil Mastermind posted:

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

This is not laughter of glee, but instead the manic laughter of a broken brain that has witnessed Roller Gator.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

BDawg posted:

:piaa:

I eagerly wait to hear your.... Thoughts. lol

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Overwined posted:

This is not laughter of glee, but instead the manic laughter of a broken brain that has witnessed Roller Gator.

Let's put it this way:

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Liar Lyre posted:

I just saw Trace and Frank live riff a film called Walk the Dark Streets. Wow, what a long, plodding, weird 50s "action" movie. I'd highly recommend seeing them if they ever come to your town.

I hope this tour of theirs becomes an annual thing, that was really good and fun.
Also, did they riff about the kid climbing the telephone pole? It seemed like in my show Frank noticed him for the first time.

duz fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Apr 23, 2017

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

BDawg posted:

rip

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony
The guitar. Oh my god, the guitar. Who thinks having acoustic guitar drowning out dialog for the entire movie is a good idea?

RnRN might be more WTF, but at least it attempts a plot. Rollergator doesn't attempt a plot of any sort and compounds it by trying to torture viewers.

A good Rifftrax though. I can't imagine how the guys watched it multiple times to write jokes.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I'd say Rollergator is definitively the worst movie I've ever seen, but I'm not even sure if it qualifies as a movie.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

I'd argue Rock n Roll Nightmare is enjoyable even without the riff.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

duz posted:

I hope this tour of theirs becomes an annual thing, that was really good and fun.
Also, did they riff about the kid climbing the telephone pole? It seemed like in my show Frank noticed him for the first time.

They riffed it. Probably the most exciting scene in the movie.

Gozinbulx
Feb 19, 2004

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

I'd say Rollergator is definitively the worst movie I've ever seen, but I'm not even sure if it qualifies as a movie.

This is the correct attitude. It is such a bad "movie" precisely because its mostly like a demented home video that someone is trying to claim in a movie.

See also: Actium Maximus

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Hmmm. Apparently Megaforce is not longer available on Rifftrax. Glad I got it when I did.

Gozinbulx
Feb 19, 2004
http://pluto.tv/watch/rifftrax

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Pluto TV is the best

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Added Pluto to my Roku. MST3k and Riffrax channels? Awesome.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
The barrage of 90s jokes in Cool as Ice are loving amazing.

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.
As much as I love the B-movies theyve been doing lately, Grizzly being just plain fun, when are they going to do another big name movie?

CrimsonAuthor
Nov 14, 2006

Vicissitude posted:

As much as I love the B-movies theyve been doing lately, Grizzly being just plain fun, when are they going to do another big name movie?

They only do mp3's for kickstarter goals now. Sometime after the live shows, we're getting Batman v Superman, the first episode of Westworld, the red wedding episode of Game of Thrones, and Mothra. (They had more stretch goals for Star Wars 8 and it's a Wonderful Life but it looks like we didn't meet them)
Clearly mp3's don't pay their bills but I'm glad they at least do a few a year for kickstarter season.

CrimsonAuthor fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Apr 27, 2017

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.
I'd imagine those are all movies and shows they planned on doing anyway. The Kickstarter probably just moved them up to the front of the list.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Winters Holy Hand
Mar 10, 2007
Threadkiller
Hair Elf
Well the stretch goals may not matter much. Rogue One is up for preorder.

Winters Holy Hand fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Apr 28, 2017

• Locked thread