Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Bhaal posted:

I think the order of info to give is:

1) direction (only use front/left/right if you are all moving in the same direction, try to prefer compass directions)
2) distance from you
3) size (though in this game it's less of a thing because it's easy to assume if you see one there could be up to 2/4 together)
4) description ie. anything else to help everyone get an exact location, "he's behind a tree midway up the hill" etc.

You've stumbled upon the three Ds my friend. Distance, direction, and description.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Det_no
Oct 24, 2003

BobHoward posted:

FYI that transfer speed test is measuring the raw performance of the drive without going through the file system so defragging makes no difference to it. Also HDDs have random dips in transfer speed like that even when brand new, so basically your drive is totally fine and still 100% as sprightly as a HDD can possibly be.

Well there you go then. Buy more RAM.

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

I really hope this game gets like RPGs or SMAWs or something in the future.

ControlledBurn
Sep 7, 2006

Frost his bag!

rap music posted:

I loving hope not.

revolther
May 27, 2008
RPG's would be such a poo poo show. The early game shootouts would become an idiotic esports dick waving contest.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
How about chainsaws?

revolther
May 27, 2008

buglord posted:

Ended up refunding the game because being killed by someone really far away without the ability to retaliate or easily hide is pretty unfun. Yeah every FPS game has that, but not being able to respawn sorta ruins it for me. That and my longest lives are usually me hiding most of the time, which isn't terribly fun either.

I haven't sworn off the game entirely though. I still love the premise immensely.
You knocked out buglord with AWFUL FORUMS

IronDoge
Nov 6, 2008

There's no armored vehicles in the game (yet), I really don't see a need for anti-tank weapons. They can barely implement grenades correctly, I can't imagine what rockets would be like.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Tripwire grenades :getin:

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

IronDoge posted:

They can barely implement grenades correctly, I can't imagine what rockets would be like.

I could see LAWs on the offchance you can blow up buildings with them; cause that would be amazin.

fargom
Mar 21, 2007

buglord posted:

Ended up refunding the game because being killed by someone really far away without the ability to retaliate or easily hide is pretty unfun. Yeah every FPS game has that, but not being able to respawn sorta ruins it for me. That and my longest lives are usually me hiding most of the time, which isn't terribly fun either.

I haven't sworn off the game entirely though. I still love the premise immensely.

Not trying to jab at you, but how can you love the premise immensely and be annoyed you can't respawn? These seem mutually exclusive in the context that the main premise is you're out of the round when you die.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Respawning would make for a weird game. You would end up with a few decked out people against an increasingly large horde of nakeds as the ring got smaller and smaller, until it basically became a zombie shooter.

Actually nm I want to play that game.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

rap music posted:

I think for the same reason you don't see grenade launchers, you won't see RPGs.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
Planes full of fresh meat dropping in every X minutes, and your scoring is based on survival time insead of surviving the first 100 could be a pretty cool game mode

Futuresight
Oct 11, 2012

IT'S ALL TURNED TO SHIT!
Make it so there's food loot all through the map and the game takes some from your inventory every hunger tick and if you don't have any you die. So you're just constantly looting for food and killing people to get their food or defend yours. Last one not to die of hunger or bullets wins.

Looking forward to see what weird variations people will come up with when mods hit.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Never any survival meters like hunger or thirst. Never.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Yeah the lack of that poo poo is exactly why I like this game.

Futuresight
Oct 11, 2012

IT'S ALL TURNED TO SHIT!
It wouldn't be a hunger metre, it would be a food counter. Jeez. Or you could make it medicine. Totally different.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Agreed 100%.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

not grenade launchers or rpgs, but i'd definitely like to see claymores and road trip mines for more trap shenanigans

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

DreamShipWrecked posted:

When I first saw an energy drink I was like "Oh gently caress, here we go, guess I'm going to be scrabbling for food or whatever dumb poo poo". So happy to see that wasn't true.

The very reason why this game is so good is that it cuts out a lot of that tedious bullshit and leaves you to just enjoy the horrible tension of knowing that the next move you make might be your last, not because you missed a can of tuna but because you're a moron who wanted to wear that bright red shirt in the middle of a forest

E: I guess the only thing that I thought would be interesting to see weaponwise are underslung weapons, an underslung shotgun attachment would be great for panic encounters. They should also make switching to pistols faster than normal weapons so you can use them as backup in the midgame. I really don't like the idea of tripwires/claymores as entering a house is already a pretty risky affair when people are camping, that makes it too easy to bolster an area and dying immediately to an explosion you didn't notice isn't fun.

Songbearer fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Apr 25, 2017

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

What exactly do energy drinks and pain killers do? I know they let you regen health, but I also heard they act as a damage shield and make you run faster. Is that true?
Does having a bigger stim bar mean a greater effect or just a longer duration?

Futuresight
Oct 11, 2012

IT'S ALL TURNED TO SHIT!
You can tell what the boost bar is doing by the icons above it on the right. Health over time shows up when you have any yellow in the bar. Higher runspeed shows up when you have over 2 bars. Higher accuracy comes after 3 bars. I don't believe higher boost makes for higher healing per second, just longer before it runs out.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Higher runspeed is over half full and higher accuracy is when it is 90% full I think. Really the painkillers/drinks are there to slowly top off the end of your health that packs won't cover.

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer
Once you get down to the last 10-20 players, slam all your drugs and energy drinks. The only true way to go out is hopped up on Red Bull and Vicodin with an AK-47 in your hands.

revolther
May 27, 2008

Akion posted:

The only true way to go out is hopped up on Red Bull and Vicodin with an AK-47 in your hands.
This phrase is tagged on some of the in-game buildings along with the Pringles guy.

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

the only explosive i want added for now is C4 that you can also attach to vehicles and players, especially teammates.

i really don't want any traps or explosives added unless they have to be manually triggered/detonated by a detonator or something similar honestly

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
If they did add armoured cars you should probably need to find gas to make them drivable in the first place and then make them consume it like water, but again I can't see any real reason it would improve gameplay at all. Cars are already great risk/reward equipment and generally you're not massively at risk of dying in them unless you really gently caress up.

Bhaal
Jul 13, 2001
I ain't going down alone
Dr. Infant, MD
I mean, half a tank will get you like 3-5 km so these russian jalopies are already pretty extreme gas guzzlers.

A small quality of life thing, at least for my dumb rear end, would be to make you hold F to get out of a moving vehicle, instead of on immediate keydown. Sometimes we're driving and I want to open the inv or map and my dumb brain just starts mashing the keys it knows are for auxiliary actions towards shooting mans. Give it a little 1 or 2 second circle like the revive timer so if you really want to bail, you can.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Akion posted:

Once you get down to the last 10-20 players, slam all your drugs and energy drinks. The only true way to go out is hopped up on Red Bull and Vicodin with an AK-47 in your hands.

Painkillers I usually save one or two of but after that I usually slam them as I find them. Sure as hell not going to feed anyone who finds my corpse.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://streamable.com/rbsft

Cars are good fun (that fucker managed to dodge out of the way at the last quarter second)

Uncle Jam
Aug 20, 2005

Perfect
This has been a top 10 strat every time I tried it but in solo just get in a car and drive. That's it. No looting no nothing. Out of gas? Drop by one of the other bazillion vehicles you saw driving around.

Almost nobody shoots at a car until <15 people, and to get loot just drive to a crate and carmageddon the people around it having a battle.

ttam
Sep 25, 2004

This game is the greatest when you're down to the last 6-7 and the circle is tiny and you're on the ground floor of one of those octagonal towers and someone else is upstairs and you have a conversation with him about how you want to be friends and just come outside.

Then someone else runs in and shoots him while you protest your innocence.

Also shotguns own.

Fuck My Ass
Mar 24, 2010
College Slice
Is there a system to report racial slurs used on voice during pre-game / being on the plane?

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

Party Plane Jones posted:

https://streamable.com/rbsft

Cars are good fun (that fucker managed to dodge out of the way at the last quarter second)

They really are.

https://streamable.com/njzqo

I had basically nothing in terms of loot so I decided to just go for it.

edit: does the cost of crates reset every so often or is it going back down to 700 every so often a bug?

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
Are there any videos of how horrendous the voice chat on the plane can get?

Futuresight
Oct 11, 2012

IT'S ALL TURNED TO SHIT!
The crates reset every week and it's intended. Monday or Sunday depending on where you live. Not sure the exact time.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

A good poster posted:

Are there any videos of how horrendous the voice chat on the plane can get?

Klan_Meeting_Minutes.wmv

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
Game was laggy as absolute gently caress today and I died from falling while inside a house fighting a guy?? I think he threw a grenade and because grenades are buggy as gently caress it moved my model a million miles an hour into a wall and I died.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
i ran into a house and got shot by someone right outside. closed the door behind me sprinted upstairs and after confirming his footsteps were behind me jumped out the balcony and immediately ran back inside and upstairs. he started sprinting around and throiwng grenades and poo poo while I lurked in a side room upstairs. he came upstairs around the corner and I said in comms "dumbshit motherfucker" and he immediately turned around and ran back downstairs at which point I popped out and shot him in the back. he was dead before he got to the first floor.

• Locked thread