Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
RBX
Jan 2, 2011

And that's why the bad opinions love the manga so much

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Blaze Dragon posted:

Man, what the gently caress is wrong with Toyotaro? He seems to really hate writing for the Zamasus. Black in the manga is an infinitely worse character than the anime version, apparently because Toyotaro decided to write his OC Do Not Steal instead of the actual character, and now Fusion Zamasu has a time limit he didn't have in the anime (because the Potaras went from "works forever for Gods" to "works forever specifically for Kaioshin, and Zamasu was never admitted as one") and lacks all of the incredibly flashy powers of his anime version in favour of...throwing blocks at Goku and Vegeta.

I don't get it. Shin and even Gowasu come across as better in the manga, so it isn't a hate for the Kaioshin as a race. He just really seems to dislike Zamasu specifically, despite being one of the highlights of Super as an anime. Or maybe he's just poo poo writing villains, considering how badly he wrote Hit too (who isn't a villain, but eh, final boss).

I sure am glad that panel space is used to confirm that Vegetto Blue is above Beerus in power though, despite this being obvious from Whis' earlier comments. And I sure am glad Trunks is so worthless in the manga that an untransformed Goku is a far better shield than him.

The more time passes, the more I'm sure Toyotaro is the kind of DB fan that's obsessed with power levels and must give explanations to everything. No fun allowed.

So, Merged Zamasu doesn't float above them using all his fancifully named special attacks in order like a JRPG final boss anymore? What the heck

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

RBX posted:

And that's why the bad opinions love the manga so much

I liked the part where Kibito is accused of being racist against mortals but that's about it

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
It does the movies way better.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

As much as I'd like to see SSG actually used again and not forever cosigned to be used with Super Saiyan, the manga I looked at does seem like a pretty dry mild-AU cliff notes.

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

Blaze Dragon posted:

Man, what the gently caress is wrong with Toyotaro? He seems to really hate writing for the Zamasus. Black in the manga is an infinitely worse character than the anime version, apparently because Toyotaro decided to write his OC Do Not Steal instead of the actual character, and now Fusion Zamasu has a time limit he didn't have in the anime (because the Potaras went from "works forever for Gods" to "works forever specifically for Kaioshin, and Zamasu was never admitted as one") and lacks all of the incredibly flashy powers of his anime version in favour of...throwing blocks at Goku and Vegeta.

I don't get it. Shin and even Gowasu come across as better in the manga, so it isn't a hate for the Kaioshin as a race. He just really seems to dislike Zamasu specifically, despite being one of the highlights of Super as an anime. Or maybe he's just poo poo writing villains, considering how badly he wrote Hit too (who isn't a villain, but eh, final boss).

I sure am glad that panel space is used to confirm that Vegetto Blue is above Beerus in power though, despite this being obvious from Whis' earlier comments. And I sure am glad Trunks is so worthless in the manga that an untransformed Goku is a far better shield than him.

The more time passes, the more I'm sure Toyotaro is the kind of DB fan that's obsessed with power levels and must give explanations to everything. No fun allowed.

Wouldn't a better excuse to use just be "Black's body is still a saiyan so Potara has a limit because of that"

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

God just toss the loving time limits, fusion is cool and good so just let people pop in and out of it

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Ekusukariba posted:

Wouldn't a better excuse to use just be "Black's body is still a saiyan so Potara has a limit because of that"

That wouldn't work because Kabito-Kai was permanent I guess.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

It's gonna be really lame if the manga doesn't have Trunk doing the spirit bomb sword.

Caros
May 14, 2008

The Skeep posted:

Eventually, but at a later date so we can get started early, The imperium of man will be paying, in some form, for the badly needed skull throne.

This didn't get nearly the love it deserves.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Monaghan posted:

It's gonna be really lame if the manga doesn't have Trunk doing the spirit bomb sword.

It won't. It's unexplained in the anime, thus too random for Toyotaro and the power level-obsessed fandom. Or we'll have a whole chapter pointlessly explaining how it worked in every small detail instead of doing something with the manga's very limited space.

Plus Trunks lacks Super Saiyan Rage in the manga so I don't expect him to do anything interesting.

Another thing I noticed, Toyotaro really dislikes double auras, doesn't he? He skipped both forms that had those. I guess they'd be pretty hard to show without colour or motion, his Blue aura by itself is very different from how it looks in other media likely to keep it different enough without having actual colour. Must be hard, even moreso with how recolour-y the Super Saiyan forms have gotten.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Blaze Dragon posted:

Plus Trunks lacks Super Saiyan Rage in the manga so I don't expect him to do anything interesting.

Manga Trunks powered up his SS2 to SS3 levels just because he wanted to. You shouldn't rule anything out.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

ss3 is so useless. it's crazy how little it actually accomplishes in the series

I guess its resemblance to raditz isn't just a coincidence

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrK_hX2EZMI&t=42s

manga version: 17 jobs to the poachers, but goku helps him, then invites him to come see him in the one v one tournament with him vs jiren (who bulma's scouter says has a 19 billion million power level)

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Kinda makes you wish they had just stopped at SSj1 and found ways to build off of that instead of 20 more grades before Blue was a thing.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Didn't the manga author at some point mention he'll be ahead of the anime for the Universe Survival arc? Even assuming the exhibition match and recruitment episodes are all anime-only I wonder how he's gonna pull that off.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

Blaze Dragon posted:

I don't read the manga, but that's pretty sad since Zamasu is like the closest Dragonball has gotten to a complex villain.

Your last sentence is funny to me since I often notice on reddit or elsewhere a lot of people seem to like the manga more precisely because way too many people are concerned with power levels and rigid canonical explanations in a series where one of the most important plot points is a shapeshifting pervert pig wishing for a hot girl's panties and where one of the most destructive villains ever is an oversized baby man made of bubblegum who turns people into chocolate.

khwarezm fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Apr 25, 2017

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

That wouldn't work because Kabito-Kai was permanent I guess.

Which is funny because the manga specifically showed them using the dragon balls to unfuse giving them an out for the potara.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Black August posted:

Kinda makes you wish they had just stopped at SSj1 and found ways to build off of that instead of 20 more grades before Blue was a thing.

ss2 is peak super saiyan

Serge Painsbourg
Jul 26, 2016

Manatee Cannon posted:

ss2 is peak super saiyan

SSJ2 gets the shaft out of all of the transformations. Aside from Gohan, it always seems like everyone else who can make the transformations skips from SSJ1 to SSJ3 or from normal to SSB.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Serge Painsbourg posted:

SSJ2 gets the shaft out of all of the transformations. Aside from Gohan, it always seems like everyone else who can make the transformations skips from SSJ1 to SSJ3 or from normal to SSB.

we had a big fight with 2 ssj2s though

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Hell, that's one of the best fights in DBZ.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

PMush Perfect posted:

Hell, that's one of the best fights in DBZ.

Vegita did a weird move in that fight that no one ever does again. Can Ki be manipulated like a Green Lantern ring? Some people seem to do it, but most stick to simple rays and balls.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Rutibex posted:

Vegita did a weird move in that fight that no one ever does again. Can Ki be manipulated like a Green Lantern ring? Some people seem to do it, but most stick to simple rays and balls.

Yeah, it shows up a few times in various forms. (Gotenks is a big example of it with Galactic Donut and his ghosts and poo poo.)

There's just no real reason to 90% of the time when pure power is what you need.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

zamasu has a ki scythe and gotenks can makes ghosts. tien splitting into 4 people is probably a ki thing, too

it can do w/e the plot needs it to do

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Monaghan posted:

it was actually really loving stupid hth

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
People can do silly poo poo with ki, it's just that usually just shooting people in the face is the better option. Also Goku is too dumb to do anything else and the villains are too cocky/insane.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Dias posted:

People can do silly poo poo with ki, it's just that usually just shooting people in the face is the better option. Also Goku is too dumb to do anything else and the villains are too cocky/insane.

Hey now, Goku does neat tricks from time to time, like his time-delayed kamehamehas or shooting kamehames out of his feet or... okay it's basically all kamehamehas.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Goku hasn't really done anything innovative since like instant transmission kamehameha.

Form stacking is neat but cmon Goku

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

the first few tournaments painted goku as a really clever fighter but dbz is more about hitting each other really fast and shooting lasers than it is about that stuff

which is why this tournament with rules that the heroes can't just walk out on is interesting. I'm not expecting goku vs jackie chun levels of fun and inventive moves but that's fine

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Has Goku ever made a move on his own or is it all taking poo poo other people made and making it work?

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Crabtree posted:

Has Goku ever made a move on his own or is it all taking poo poo other people made and making it work?

Dragon Fist and its variants are about it.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

he did in the fight against jackie chun when he was a kid

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Crabtree posted:

Goku can read minds, and I do not remember anyone teaching him how.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Goku's main talent, aside from being hella strong thanks to years of training, is that he can figure out most moves and more often than not make them outright better than the person who was originally using it.

He did however pioneer research into "uppercutting people through the chest"-ology.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
I dunno, I like Vegeta better because he at least tries to come up with something new a few times, even if his method is just MAKE IT BIGGER.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Crabtree posted:

I dunno, I like Vegeta better because he at least tries to come up with something new a few times, even if his method is just MAKE IT BIG BANG ATTACK.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Super needs an episode devoted to Vegeta prepping for the tourney by brainstorming new attack names.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D

Funky Valentine posted:

Goku's main talent, aside from being hella strong thanks to years of training, is that he can figure out most moves and more often than not make them outright better than the person who was originally using it.

He did however pioneer research into "uppercutting people through the chest"-ology.

I liked when Goku sprouted arms out of his back after tien did it, he should do that again but with current power level x arms instead of like 103

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

CharlestheHammer posted:

Super needs an episode devoted to Vegeta prepping for the tourney by brainstorming new attack names.

Only if he does it while playing with Bulla and she tries to copy him

• Locked thread