Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Stephen9001 posted:

That's Ike, I'm pretty sure you're talking about a fantasy. Or perhaps some hacking shenanigans? I do remember an LP that that a Mist that did really well with her stat ups and there were people calculating if she could beat the Black Knight, I seem to recall some screenshots about it. My memory is a bit fuzzy though, been a few years since I saw that LP.

Ragnell isn't the weapon used to kill Greil, Alondite was. Anybody with SS rank sword (including potentially Mist) can use Alondite in Radiant Dawn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Stephen9001 posted:

That's Ike, I'm pretty sure you're talking about a fantasy. Or perhaps some hacking shenanigans? I do remember an LP that that a Mist that did really well with her stat ups and there were people calculating if she could beat the Black Knight, I seem to recall some screenshots about it. My memory is a bit fuzzy though, been a few years since I saw that LP.

No Ike uses Ragnell and Greil was killed with Alondite. Which you get near the end of Radiant Dawn and subsequently give to Mist because I mean who else is going to use this sword? Elincia and Ike already have unique weapons! Unless you brought like Mia along for some reason, I guess.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013
drat, my memory really is shabby. Sorry guys!

I can have moments of... eccentricity and sometimes be quite curious about things. Please forgive me if I do something foolish or rude.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I think I gave Alondite to Mia my first playthrough and then the second time on hard mode I just brought a giant pile of laguz royals to endgame and didn't even have a sword user other than Ike with me

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

FoolyCharged posted:

Soren is Ikes buddy boyfriend and Titanias counterpoint as a strategic advisor. Hes a mage that is half shapeshifter half human. His advice tends to be self interest motivated
Fixed

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Ranulf would like a word with you

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

cheetah7071 posted:

Ike can have multiple boyfriends.

But even then Ranulf doesn't have a secret conversation where he cries in Ike's arms that requires A ranks in two seperate games to get.

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.

FoolyCharged posted:

Ike and his mercenary company are the main dudes in the gamecube game.

Ike is your standard sword lord, except he doesnt care a bit for politicking or religion and just wants to kill the bad guys, be cool like his dad, and stop the problem.

Mist is Ikes little sister and is a peaceful soul. She starts off weak, but picks up a horsie and swords on promotion giving her decent utility tjat offsets her mediocre statline

Titania is your starting pally and ikes second in command. She uses axes and turns out to be a great unit if you use her. Her advice tends to take the moral high ground

Soren is Ikes buddy and Titanias counterpoint as a strategic advisor. Hes a mage that is half shapeshifter half human. His advice tends to be self interest motivated

Part of me wants to be a dick and just say "K", but actually thanks for the summary. :)

A ton of these characters are ones I'm just discovering through the scientific process of "I see a lot of people are talking about this guy, I wonder what his deal is. To the wiki!"

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

cheetah7071 posted:

In a surprise twist, it turns out they end up all becoming each others boyfriends.

I can have moments of... eccentricity and sometimes be quite curious about things. Please forgive me if I do something foolish or rude.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Parasol Prophet posted:

Part of me wants to be a dick and just say "K", but actually thanks for the summary. :)

A ton of these characters are ones I'm just discovering through the scientific process of "I see a lot of people are talking about this guy, I wonder what his deal is. To the wiki!"

Path of Radiance is one of the best Fire Emblem games out there assuming you can put up with it being slow as gently caress and having to turn enemy ranges back on every single turn

So, if Ike steals your heart in this game you won't be disappointed playing the game he's from

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Just turn off the combat animations.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Rascyc posted:

Just turn off the combat animations.
have you ever seen PoR's map animations, it's still slow as gently caress

Setset
Apr 14, 2012
Grimey Drawer

UHD posted:

Sometimes I think I lean on Reinhardt too much for my arena wins but god drat that man owns.

Think I can get away with blue tomebreaker 2 on him or should I spend the feathers to make another FRobin 4* so he can get rank 3?

I know no one cares about the Tier List anymore, but why the hell is Reinhardt not S or S+?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Lube banjo posted:

I know no one cares about the Tier List anymore, but why the hell is Reinhardt not S or S+?

Because the tier list is subjective and based heavily on favouritism

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
It's never really been accurate and when SI kicked in, even the one "accounting" for it isn't even close to accurate.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
the only bad heroes are those with crappy attack.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
I'm glad that the thread has finally accepted the fact that Reinhardt is easily the best unit in the game.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

sassassin posted:

I'm glad that the thread has finally accepted the fact that Reinhardt is easily the best unit in the game.

I hope everybody accepts it so I see him more and can continue chumping the hell out of him with Julia

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

TheKingofSprings posted:

Because the tier list is subjective and based heavily on favouritism

The inheritance tier list is even worse because some people will go to insane lengths to make a bad character viable. Oboro is trash tier on the regular tier list and way up at A on the Inheritance tier list because somebody made a build with her that involves eating Hector for distant counter :shepface:

Not all the data is right either, Priscilla is supposed to cap at 32 str according to the wiki, but mine has more.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

cheetah7071 posted:

I hope everybody accepts it so I see him more and can continue chumping the hell out of him with Julia

My TA3 Leo rides with my Reinhardt (which I was using even before arena BST changes) for the sole purpose of running over enemy Julia's and Cecilia's. Along with a TA3 Olivia dancer support.

THE loving MOON posted:

Not all the data is right either, Priscilla is supposed to cap at 32 str according to the wiki, but mine has more.
Did you check weapons and skills?

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

cheetah7071 posted:

:hfive:

She and my Lyn make a really good tag team, though I still need to get off my rear end and replace Florina with somebody that can more effectively kill Takumi.

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

Well, time for me to farm orbs to try and get Soren, Ike and Titania.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

ChronoReverse posted:

My TA3 Leo rides with my Reinhardt (which I was using even before arena BST changes) for the sole purpose of running over enemy Julia's and Cecilia's. Along with a TA3 Olivia dancer support.

Did you check weapons and skills?

I uhhh... can't believe I never noticed that weapon damage is factored into attack. Never mind. :sweatdrop:

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

ChronoReverse posted:

Leo is one of those weird offbeat not-quite-meta heroes that I don't have a plan for because I see him so rarely, so I hope I never face you. Assuming you don't run darting blow (or aren't +spd with some other speed-boosting skill) I can bait and double him with Tiki but she folds like wet paper to Reinhardt so I'd have to separate them.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

LornMarkus posted:

She and my Lyn make a really good tag team, though I still need to get off my rear end and replace Florina with somebody that can more effectively kill Takumi.

Depending on your Julia she might be able to do it with LaD 2, mine clocks in at 57 attack and just one shots most Takumis.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

LornMarkus posted:

My Life and Death 2 Julia (+atk/-hp) can safely bait most Takumis with a def buff and can OHKO most Takumis with an atk buff. You might not need a dedicated Takumi counter if you have Julia (though obviously run the numbers with the one you actually have)

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I run my Julia with Bowbreaker solely to deal with Takumi's since they used to ruin my arena runs. She's also + defence so she can pretty easily bait Klein's as well.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

cheetah7071 posted:

Julia is probably the scariest thing I can run across because she can't easily die to Reinhardt or YTiki. It's part of the reason I gave Olivia a Ruby Sword.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

UHD posted:

Julia is probably the scariest thing I can run across because she can't easily die to Reinhardt or YTiki. It's part of the reason I gave Olivia a Ruby Sword.

YTiki with lightning breath+ and g tomebreaker deals with julia with a bit of hp to spare but that's a pretty intensive inheritance package

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

THE loving MOON posted:

The inheritance tier list is even worse because some people will go to insane lengths to make a bad character viable. Oboro is trash tier on the regular tier list and way up at A on the Inheritance tier list because somebody made a build with her that involves eating Hector for distant counter :shepface:

Oboro was proto-Lukas. Slightly worse main stats, much worse starting skillset, but you can get 90% of the way to his effectiveness with her as a 2 move armourish unit eventually (much easier merges obviously).

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

Stephen9001 posted:

But what if you get a rare pull where the only orbs are colourless (yes, this is possible, if unlikely), and you get Mist then?

Fate will love me and I'll get the Jaffar I always wanted. If it was actually Mist then yeah, I'd uninstall.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

cheetah7071 posted:

YTiki with lightning breath+ and g tomebreaker deals with julia with a bit of hp to spare but that's a pretty intensive inheritance package

I only have one source of both so I'm loathe to spend 24,000 feathers to mulch two unique units.

Also my YTiki is -ATK :(

Pokemaster #421
Jul 14, 2005

For a swift one at the wrist, down on the old main drag.
So if you were me and could up jump one of the following to 5 star, which would it be? +Atk-hp Nino, -Atk +res Eirika, or a neutral nowi? The rest of my team is swordbreaker eldigan, quick riposte Minerva, azura, and right now g Tomebreaker bunny Camilla.

Leaning towards nowi but Nino seems pretty boss too. Gotta admit I do like having a flying ranged unit in b Camilla but I'm not sure she's quite as powerful as the other two. Then again maybe I'm better off with the buff battery in Eirika. Any help would be appreciated!

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Pokemaster #421 posted:

So if you were me and could up jump one of the following to 5 star, which would it be? +Atk-hp Nino, -Atk +res Eirika, or a neutral nowi? The rest of my team is swordbreaker eldigan, quick riposte Minerva, azura, and right now g Tomebreaker bunny Camilla.

Leaning towards nowi but Nino seems pretty boss too. Gotta admit I do like having a flying ranged unit in b Camilla but I'm not sure she's quite as powerful as the other two. Then again maybe I'm better off with the buff battery in Eirika. Any help would be appreciated!

Nino is one of the best units in the game

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
Outside of Hector and Takumi there are absolutely no sources of inheritable Close/Distant Counters, right? I'd be cool to have either or on more units than just two very very rare units.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

for one reason or another I have not played this game for a couple of months. I notice they've upped our stamina from 50 to 99, which is nice, what else have they changed?

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

cheetah7071 posted:

Nino is one of the best units in the game

Eirika might get more from 5*, in particular being better at buffing Nino, though.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Please translate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
"Congratulations on the Female Robin GHB rerun!"

"More B. Tomebreaker! Awright!"