Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

I'd like to suggest the colored version of dazzle camo for the planes. It's super disorienting to look at when done properly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

viewing that image on my ipod moire effected the poo poo out of my eyeballs.

in other words, +1

Dr. Snark
Oct 15, 2012

I'M SORRY, OK!? I admit I've made some mistakes, and Jones has clearly paid for them.
But ma'am! Jones' only crime was looking at the wrong files!
I beg of you, don't ship away Jones, he has a wife and kids!

-United Nations Intelligence Service

Yooper posted:

Does anyone have an interest in seeing the mission live, on Twitch or YouTube? Not saying I will, but curious. I kind of like the flexibility to do it whenever.

I mean if you're okay with it, I'd love to get in on a stream so I can watch myself explode in real time :v:

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

My antenna is telling me that you're probably wrong about this.
Soiled Meat

Yooper posted:

Does anyone have an interest in seeing the mission live, on Twitch or YouTube? Not saying I will, but curious. I kind of like the flexibility to do it whenever.

I'd be up for a twitch stream of a mission.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
I too would watch real-time destruction.

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

Operation Black Diamond is a go.

You can read about it here : https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3815107&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=90#post471686891

I'm currently entering mission info and then will figure out when to make it happen. If all looks good I'll try the Twitch/Youtube thing for a live broadcast.

Tythas
Oct 3, 2013

Never felt at home in reality
Always hiding behind avatars

Yooper posted:

You can read about it here : https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3815107&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=90#post471686891

I'm currently entering mission info and then will figure out when to make it happen. If all looks good I'll try the Twitch/Youtube thing for a live broadcast.

I would be very grateful for a youtube stream over a twitch stream (i can't watch twitch at work) but over all i hope it goes well

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

Tythas posted:

I would be very grateful for a youtube stream over a twitch stream (i can't watch twitch at work) but over all i hope it goes well

I don't have a preference over either and seeing as I have no interest in being a PROFESSIONAL TWITCH STREAMER it's just for your guys entertainment. Nor will I be engaging with people in chat. I'll test it out, see how it goes.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

Yooper posted:

I don't have a preference over either and seeing as I have no interest in being a PROFESSIONAL TWITCH STREAMER it's just for your guys entertainment. Nor will I be engaging with people in chat. I'll test it out, see how it goes.

I suggest plastering your stream with flare like viewer count, links to donation pages, personal thank you's to subscribers and only %10 of the screen actually shows the game.

RA Rx
Mar 24, 2016

Please add me as a flyboy in anything that can kill directly. Please send me ibto all tge most dangerous situations.

And just my two cents of a suggestion if its popular... maybe the enemies should get a bit of a handicap in terms of extra units? They're run by AIs after all and seem to lack a bit of caution and optimization in their operations.

RA Rx fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Apr 26, 2017

Alikchi
Aug 18, 2010

Thumbs up I agree

Time to come in as a reserve pilot, callsign Shaman.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

Skimmed the thread looking for our wishlist

Replace Tornadoes
More Gripens and Tornadoes
B-1B
AC-130
SS-26
WR-40
S-400
PLZ-45

This looks about right?

Loel fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Apr 26, 2017

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I admit I vote entirely on mission proposal name.

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

Popete posted:

I suggest plastering your stream with flare like viewer count, links to donation pages, personal thank you's to subscribers and only %10 of the screen actually shows the game.

It'll just be one giant Patreon link. Thank for the idea Popete!

RA Rx posted:

Please add me as a flyboy in anything that can kill directly. Please send me ibto all tge most dangerous situations.

And just my two cents of a suggestion if its popular... maybe the enemies should get a bit of a handicap in terms of extra units? They're run by AIs after all and seem to lack a bit of caution and optimization in their operations.

Added! I actually get to build the mission plans for the AI and try to aim for a decent balance. Most of the time it's pretty simple, go patrol area X, don't go past line Y. I've got a script to make the enemies flee, like they normally would when seeing overwhelming odds, but I didn't find it to be fun in this environment. Our biggest challenge is in the mission development, not so much optimizing the CMANO flow like some folks enjoy. For this sort of thing I prefer to punish bad choices or poor planning.

But yes, to make a short answer long, the hostiles do get a handicap. It just might not be noticable unless a certain effect is triggered or a decision is made.

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte

Yooper posted:

We are the most morally flip-flopping PMC in the world. At least as a member of Hammer Flight I won't be the one to support De Beers. Small victories. :shrug:

By the way, if we happen to get an F-104 Starfighter at some point, Nurse would like to immediately transfer to that, and Beguiler would need a new gunner.
My uncle flew a Starfighter for the RNoAF until they phased them out, and was one of RNoAF's first pilots to be assigned an F-16.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Loel posted:

Replace Tornadoes
B-1B
AC-130
OTR-21
OTR-23
BM-21
S-400
PLZ-45

This looks about right?

I'll take a CFA-44 Nosferatu please :v:

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

Loel posted:

Replace Tornadoes
B-1B
AC-130
SS-26
BM-21
S-400
PLZ-45

This looks about right?

More :frog:

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

So, I've, like, designed a really sweet attack plan that I'm calling Attack Plan Ded Moroz, like "Deadmau5!"

WUB!

Loel posted:

Replace Tornadoes
B-1B
AC-130
OTR-21
OTR-23
BM-21
S-400
PLZ-45

This looks about right?

You forgot the B-52.

And stealing as many of the Free State's planes as possible.

Also, we could use a second EWAR bird and a better AWACS.

Some helicopters would also be a good idea. CSAR for us, transports and maybe a gunship or two as a present for the footsloggers once they finally get beyond Thunderdome.

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte
Give me F-16s or give me death

Or we could steal some

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Loel posted:

Replace Tornadoes
F16s / F22s / Rafales
B52 / B-1B
AC-130
EA-18
E3-D
CH-53K
AH-1Z
SS-26
WR-40
S-400
PLZ-45
T-14

This looks about right?

Loel fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Apr 26, 2017

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax
Sign me up to pilot. I would like to fly an OV-10 Bronco, preferably one that has been expensively modernized but still has the paint scheme of a CDF firefighting Bronco. I would be willing to drive any really slow CAS but seriously Broncos are the best.

Callsign Herringbone.

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte

A Starfighter just because. :colbert:

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
SHOOT ME IN THE GODDAMNED FACE
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!

F-20s and Yak-141s, just to really underline the crazy.

power crystals
Jun 6, 2007

Who wants a belly rub??

Loel posted:

Replace Tornadoes
B-1B
AC-130
SS-26
WR-40
S-400
PLZ-45

This looks about right?

Because I'm pretty sure my list is largely unique to myself, here's what I want:
  • Mobile ground-based search radar, late 80s or better, >= 250nm range. There's a bunch that qualify. To make it even harder to sneak up on us.
  • Tornadoes that can mount the ALARM, which means the UK or Saudi ones, because ALARMs are nifty.
  • A second Reaper because god drat that optics setup.
  • A second EWAR aircraft. No real preference as to which.
  • F-111s for bomb trucks. The American F can carry four GBU-24s or 12 Durandals for some insane reason., but that one's also got a nuke mount so it's probably unavailable. The Aussies have one that's got 4 GBU-10s at least. Comedy option: EF-111. (Do any of those even still exist?)
  • Some Mi-8s for SAR. They're fuckin' everywhere, we should be able to find spare parts by just digging around in the dirt for five minutes.
  • Comedy-and-probably-unavailable option: Upgrade our Reaper(s) to carry the MALD like they were proposed to at one point.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Popete posted:

When did we switch sides to the Free State?

edit: wishlist chat: There is only one thing we need and that is SS-18 SATAN.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

power crystals posted:

Because I'm pretty sure my list is largely unique to myself, here's what I want:
  • Mobile ground-based search radar, late 80s or better, >= 250nm range. There's a bunch that qualify. To make it even harder to sneak up on us.
  • Tornadoes that can mount the ALARM, which means the UK or Saudi ones, because ALARMs are nifty.
  • A second Reaper because god drat that optics setup.
  • A second EWAR aircraft. No real preference as to which.
  • F-111s for bomb trucks. The American F can carry four GBU-24s or 12 Durandals for some insane reason., but that one's also got a nuke mount so it's probably unavailable. The Aussies have one that's got 4 GBU-10s at least. Comedy option: EF-111. (Do any of those even still exist?)
  • Some Mi-8s for SAR. They're fuckin' everywhere, we should be able to find spare parts by just digging around in the dirt for five minutes.
  • Comedy-and-probably-unavailable option: Upgrade our Reaper(s) to carry the MALD like they were proposed to at one point.

Replace Tornadoes
F16s / F22s / Rafales
B52 / B-1B
AC-130
EA-18 EWAR here
E3-D
F111 added here
CH-53K want the MI8 instead of the Ch53?
AH-1Z
MQ-9 added reaper
SS-26
WR-40
S-400 Think the radar comes with this one.
PLZ-45
T-14

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

What would the buy and operating costs look like for a handful of attack helicopters?

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

My antenna is telling me that you're probably wrong about this.
Soiled Meat

Loel posted:

Replace Tornadoes
B-1B
AC-130
SS-26
WR-40
S-400
PLZ-45

This looks about right?

Add an SR-71 but weaponize it somehow, an amphibious assault ship, some sort of ballistic missile that flies for a few hundred miles before deploying 8 meteor missiles, and a stealth zeppelin with hangars that loiters at the edge of space. It should have a nuclear reactor and spacious accommodations.

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

Coffeehitler posted:

When did we switch sides to the Free State?

edit: wishlist chat: There is only one thing we need and that is SS-18 SATAN.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZHCVyllnck

Hexenritter posted:

What would the buy and operating costs look like for a handful of attack helicopters?

Surprisingly affordable from Ivanov's. But kind of fragile.

power crystals
Jun 6, 2007

Who wants a belly rub??

I'm fine with the CH53 instead, but those are actually pretty expensive whereas you can probably find an Mi-8 by just wandering around rural eastern Europe for a few hours. Likewise with the S-400. By the way, there's a couple pretty significantly different -53 variants. Keep that in mind if any show up for sale!

Also to some degree having access to things like strategic bombers/theater-scale SAMs/fifth-gen anything changes the rules of the game (as it were, despite this literally being a game with rules), which is why most of the stuff I want is Gulf War 1 leftovers. Let's leave the really fancy toys for when China comes knocking. As it is the SDBs are practically cheating.

e: Attack helicopters are all but suicide these days (remember what happened to the two Hinds that showed up last mission? No? Exactly). They were already pretty bad in the 90s. The roles they performed are basically now in the hands of drones, with the exception of troop and cargo transport, which you generally don't do in the same places that you are likely to get shot at. I wouldn't recommend buying any of those.

power crystals fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Apr 26, 2017

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

If we're not eventually starting our own nuclear program and/or space force we will have failed miserably as goons.

Also, put a navy on the wishlist.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Sorted by price, using http://www.defencetalk.com/forums/air-force-aviation/aircraft-prices-952/ and wiki

2 billion: Ohio class submarine
1 billion: AEGIS Ashore
750 million: THAAD battery
400 million: S400
270 million: E3
250 million: David's Sling
244 million: E8-C
178 million; B1-B
150 million: F-22
125 million: B-52
120 million: SS-26
111 million: F-117
68 million: EA-18G
60 million: Rafale
53 million: AC-130
50 million: Iron Dome
32 million: Tornado
31 million: SR-71
30 million: F-15
28 million: CH-53
25 million: F-16
20 million: Gripen
17 million: MQ-9
14 million: F-111
7 million: WR-40
7 million: PLZ-45
5 million: T-14
3 million: BMP-3
3 million: MIM-104

Y'all have some expensive tastes :cheeky:

Loel fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Apr 26, 2017

pthighs
Jun 21, 2013

Pillbug
Land attack choppers aren't very survivable in CMANO. The proliferation of MANPADS, SHORAD, medium SAMs, and fighters with BVR missiles make it a tough environment to survive in. Plus, the game is not quite sophisticated enough to really nail the super nap-of-earty and hiding behind treelines that you presumably need to survive in a chopper on a contested modern battlefield.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

That's a good point, drones have indeed taken over their traditional roles, and with much improvement.

That Gorgon Stare package :flashfap:

Does the data from our Reaper's super set of eyeballs interface with our AEW bird out of curiosity? Do we have that super sexy full spectrum battlespace sort of thing going on where they can full-on guide the ordnance from our other planes? Also, how good at countering enemy systems is our Growler (or was it the Prowler)? It's been years since I really had a head full of military aircraft stuff and this thread has been a voyage of rediscovery for me.

edit: wow, ipod posting is so loving slow hahaha

we definitely need a navy on the wishlist, and groundwise maybe some IFVs, GAZ Tigrs with m134s and grenade launchers and a fleet of drone-rigged hiluxes for maximum jihad jeep with none of the martyrdom

Hexenritter fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Apr 26, 2017

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

So, I've, like, designed a really sweet attack plan that I'm calling Attack Plan Ded Moroz, like "Deadmau5!"

WUB!
I just realized we're forgetting the most important flying vehicle of all: the Aerogavin.

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

Guys. Focus.

Bote.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
SHOOT ME IN THE GODDAMNED FACE
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!

Loel posted:

Replace Tornadoes
F16s / F22s / Rafales
B52 / B-1B
AC-130
EA-18
E3-D
E8-C ?
F111 (why this and not F15s?)
CH-53K
MQ-9
SS-26
WR-40
S-400
PLZ-45
T-14
BMP-3
SSBN :v:

I'd like to reiterate my support of purely hypothetical platforms for maximum crazy. Up to and including an MOB if the thread sees fit.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

Davin Valkri posted:

I'd like to reiterate my support of purely hypothetical platforms for maximum crazy. Up to and including an MOB if the thread sees fit.

B-71. Say yes to blackbirds with four AGM-69s with enough energy to loft them out 514 NMI.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

glynnenstein posted:

Guys. Focus.

Bote.

I came here for rad jets, not slow botes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

Loel posted:

F111 (why this and not F15s?)

Man if it's possible to switch planes and I can't get the AC-130, the F-15E would be a great substitute.