Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Good news for Red Bull fans as Mateschitz is reportedly setting up a right-wing media venture.

Any word on his youth club?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

1500quidporsche posted:

Any word on his youth club?

:godwin:

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Can't believe an Austrian is a hard right winger

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Good news for Red Bull fans as Mateschitz is reportedly setting up a right-wing media venture.

Holy gently caress, I just read up on this myself. He loving loves Breitbart.

Holy piss no wonder his lead driver is an Australian and a Dutchman.

No wonder Vettel left Red Bull!

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
RedBull Gives You Fakeneeeeeews

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Shocking.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
This makes the organization even more unlikeable.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
He wants to create an Austrian version of Breitbart.

The only question now is will Tony Montana switch his allegiance to Red Bull or stick with the Scuderia?

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Ferrari would never stoop to such lows.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Is Earnhardt an Austrian name?

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
I hope Our Ricciardo can jump ship soon.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Is anybody shocked that after two decades of trying to completely exorcise anything "bad" from being involved with the sponsoring of or advertising in media that the only people left interested are literally insane?

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

lmbo. Like loving Redbull needed another reason for people to hate them. Christ

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Milo has said some cool poo poo. He's said some loving stupid poo poo too, but he's said some very interesting cool poo poo.

No switching, ever. It's not a choice, I was born Ferrari and my blood runs RED

edit: oh yeah. gently caress oval racing. Have I said that this page? Learning Curve did it in his way and I'm going to do it in mine. In the 93 Mansell season review they straight out said it 'the oval racing that is common ONLY in North America'. USA doesn't have a national series, it has a national format which is going in circles. It is very stupid and worth laughing and pointing at every drat time.

Tony Montana fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Apr 26, 2017

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Great post

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Tony please keep your mental illness in check. Thank you

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
America has a huge Road Racing culture and some world class circuits. I think ovals predominated though due to their ubiquitousness though. American Road Racing seemed to focused on the Northeast and like California for quite some time.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Also Canada is in North America and we are very much focused on Road Racing here. Most of our ovals are small.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

I don't care for oval racing, but I'm glad it exists as a contrast to circuit racing. It's unique.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Okay I take back what I said about the Australian GBS thread.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

1500quidporsche posted:

Okay I take back what I said about the Australian GBS thread.

You don't have to considering Tony is Australian.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Wirth1000 posted:

You don't have to considering Tony is Australian.

He doesn't post there which I can only believe is because they're all below his social strata and that in australia the societial elite smoke angel dust on a regular basis.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

wicka posted:

Is Earnhardt an Austrian name?

Dale Jr seems fairly woke.

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Why would I post in the Australia thread? I'm from Australia. I live with Australians. What am I going to do, answer questions?

The point needs to be made. Only Americans talk about and care about oval racing. Only wannabe Americans like Norns will apologize and come with this 'lets all just accept each other' crap. 'America has a large road racing culture'.. not where it matters! Is there a single American in F1 or F2? No! The great road racing culture has equaled a total of exactly zero drivers that have the skills to compete! Only on this forum will people talk about the different disciplines, to EVERYONE ELSE the Americans are playing with their own poop and we prefer to look the other way.

This is the F1 thread! Stick you ovals up your rear end! Post about it here and I'll call you out for not being able to drive competitively!

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
1 might be the best doc ever.

Im in the `70s and holy gently caress.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Tony Montana posted:

Why would I post in the Australia thread? I'm from Australia. I live with Australians. What am I going to do, answer questions?

The point needs to be made. Only Americans talk about and care about oval racing. Only wannabe Americans like Norns will apologize and come with this 'lets all just accept each other' crap. 'America has a large road racing culture'.. not where it matters! Is there a single American in F1 or F2? No! The great road racing culture has equaled a total of exactly zero drivers that have the skills to compete! Only on this forum will people talk about the different disciplines, to EVERYONE ELSE the Americans are playing with their own poop and we prefer to look the other way.

This is the F1 thread! Stick you ovals up your rear end! Post about it here and I'll call you out for not being able to drive competitively!

Nice meltdown

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Tony Montana posted:

Great post

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Human Grand Prix posted:

Northeast and like California
They're called Yankees. Yankees do road racing, rednecks do ovals.

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

gosh! i like both the islanders and the rangers!!! :^)

Tony Montana posted:

Whatever, do you even race? Danica Patrick could probably smoke you any day

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Tony Montana posted:

A couple things:

Lay off the meth

"Wanabe American" just what?

I'm retired United States Military. I've also spent a long time outside of my own country. So maybe that's why I'm not a racist shitlord like you.

Dude for real. Deep breaths before you post sometimes might help.

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
No we established this. Danica is loving rubbish and a great example of what I'm talking about. The only reason she exists at all is ovals. Someone that poo poo can only exist in a place with no brakes and no turns and lets all drive in bumper to bumper traffic.

Sure I race, you can find me in iRacing or at the kart track. In iRacing it's Formula Renault because Star Mazda has ovals and therefore isn't serious.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Danica's junior career was all on road courses and she isn't appreciably better on ovals.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

1500quidporsche posted:

Is there like a mental health subforum where we can find a psychologist goon to come in and explain why all the Lewis fansforums poster Tony Montana are hosed in the head?

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Danica is bad and no one claims she is good other than that crazy AP Journalist

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
LETS TALK ABOUT 1!

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Danica Patrick's entire career happened because she fluked a second place finish at the Formula Ford Festival.

tupacalypse
Jan 1, 2013

by Pragmatica

DoctorGonzo posted:

LETS TALK ABOUT 1!

Really good doc imo. It's a good comprehensive intro to the great sport of F1.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Drop Danica, please.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

iospace posted:

Drop Danica, please.

No one from Stewart-Haas reads this thread.

• Locked thread