Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Can we drop Tony Montana on his head?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

:unsmith:

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

DoctorGonzo posted:

LETS TALK ABOUT 1!

Just watched that this weekend with a friend who started watching F1 last season.

Explaining Max Mosley to her was kinda hilarious.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Kid has a good aditude. I'm going to keep an eye on him. From the sounds of it he plans to continue racing

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Cactrot posted:

Just watched that this weekend with a friend who started watching F1 last season.

Explaining Max Mosley to her was kinda hilarious.

Watching the carnage that was sixties-seventies F1 you understand Max and Bernie. I havent finished watching it but its hard.

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

DoctorGonzo posted:

Watching the carnage that was sixties-seventies F1 you understand Max and Bernie. I havent finished watching it but its hard.

Yeah, they show a lot of bad crashes :(

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Norns posted:

Kid has a good aditude. I'm going to keep an eye on him. From the sounds of it he plans to continue racing

Yeah, Zanardi tried it with a hand throttle and he did okay but it never works out. Legs, binocular vision.. there are a few requirements to drive an open wheeler fast. This kid is done in racing.

It's certainly had an effect on me though, the last couple of times I was going to just swing out for the overtake I've done it with a little movement at the beginning so I can have a look.

How long that lasts though.. before we just go back to doing it blind until the next horror rear-ender

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

You really are a sack of poo poo Tony.

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Sorry, you can be inspired if you want. Oprah isn't on TV anymore though

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Just if you're new to the thread here's a quick refresher on Forums Poster Tony Montana:

1. Hates Paul Verhoeven's masterpiece "Starship Troopers", probably Showgirls as well.
2. Loves some scifi nerd book literally written in support of fascism.
3. Is ruining the reputation of all good Scud fans everywhere.
4. Posts like Learning Curve used to but somehow manages to make even less sense while rambling
5. Called greatest driver of all time Alain Prost a bitch.
6. Just makes poo poo up while arguing.
7. Is seriously mentally ill.
8. Has some really weird obsession with oval racing and thinks its part of some Illuminati conspiracy or some other poo poo.
9. Some kid loses both his legs in a racing accident and against all odds still wants to race in an era where its been widely done and Tony thinks its a waste of time and tells him not to bother while somehow pivoting to make the post about himself by the end.
10. Thinks Max Verstappen is good.

edit: mods please put this in the OP I think its critical info any new poster to the thread should know.

F1DriverQuidenBerg fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Apr 26, 2017

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

1500quidporsche posted:

Just if you're new to the thread here's a quick refresher on Forums Poster Tony Montana:

1. Hates Paul Verhoeven's masterpiece "Starship Troopers", probably Showgirls as well.
2. Loves some scifi nerd book literally written in support of fascism.
3. Is ruining the reputation of all good Scud fans everywhere.
4. Posts like Learning Curve used to but somehow manages to make even less sense while rambling
5. Called greatest driver of all time Alain Prost a bitch.
6. Just makes poo poo up while arguing.
7. Is seriously mentally ill.
8. Some kid loses both his legs in a racing accident and against all odds still wants to race in an era where its been widely done and Tony thinks its a waste of time and tells him not to bother while somehow pivoting to make the post about himself by the end.
9. Thinks Max Verstappen is good.

edit: mods please put this in the OP I think its critical info any new poster to the thread should know.

:five:

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Tony Montana posted:

Milo has said some cool poo poo. He's said some loving stupid poo poo too, but he's said some very interesting cool poo poo.

Which part is the cool part? The racism or the pedophilia?

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

Max is good when he makes seb and/or Kimi crazy.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I forgot his weird obsession with ovals as well, I'll edit my list.

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
haha ok lets do this

1. It's ok I guess, but I don't think it's a masterpiece. I think a movie mostly about shooting bugs with M16s being called a masterpiece says more about you than the film
2. I like the original Heinlein book. This doesn't make me a Nazi. True, it's not the likable liberalism that certain society segments bemoan is the end of civilization, but that's fine because most of those people are unemployed.
3. Born in Italy and goes to every race in my home city, MELBOURNE. More of a Ferrari fan than you'll ever be, that's for sure
4. Doesn't shitpost and doesn't give the slightest gently caress for Norns and your little dick rubbing sessions
5. Did I? Really? Well.. ok Prost was bitchy. He played political games and got into the quick cars and wasn't always nice about it. He was also loving great and is one of the greatest
6. I think you take dicks in your rear end. I don't think I'm making this up
7. Go have your hug session with your book club. I'm talking from experience and when drivers lose their legs they don't come back. If you want to talk about reality and not your Leg Appeal or whatever the gently caress then I'm right here
8. Verstappen is RIDICULOUSLY good. See that? Mark it down. Max Verstappen is a multiple-time future WDC.

I love how you acutally sat down and though 'ok im going to list all this poo poo goddamn it' and then you did it and it was pretty weaksauce

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

Needs "australian" and "like a few things said by a pedophile apologist."

George Zimmer
Jun 28, 2008
I started turning data off on my phone so I can't read the forums, specifically this thread, during the day and boy did I pick a really great time to do that.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Tony Montana posted:

I love how you acutally sat down and though 'ok im going to list all this poo poo goddamn it' and then you did it and it was pretty weaksauce

The sickest self-own of all time.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Tony Montana posted:

Just.... I can't even... lmbo

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

If he keeps digging this hole from Australia he might end up in the middle of Indianapolis motor speedway.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Tony's crazy fascination with me and ovals is strange.

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Oh Showgirls is utter poo poo.

So yeah, there are these guys that post here alot. One is 1500quidporche and the other is Norns. Both of these are Americans, 1500 is a Canadian and Norns is a straight up American. Norns is even retired military. So yeah, keep this in mind. They hail from the country with no representation in F1 or F2 and will talk about ovals like they are a real thing. There is another guy called dentist box who actually has some NASCAR chucklefuck as an avatar. These are the American F1 Crew.

For English and Australian posters, namely proud Formula One countries with great drivers and past champions.. just keep this in mind when they start shouting people down.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

dentist toy box posted:

If he keeps digging this hole from Australia he might end up in the middle of Indianapolis motor speedway.
These are the posts we need but not the posts we deserve

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
My f1 driver is Eliseo Salazar.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

dentist toy box posted:

:five:

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Tony this is some of your best posting

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Tony Montana posted:

Oh Showgirls is utter poo poo.

So yeah, there are these guys that post here alot. One is 1500quidporche and the other is Norns. Both of these are Americans, 1500 is a Canadian and Norns is a straight up American. Norns is even retired military. So yeah, keep this in mind. They hail from the country with no representation in F1 or F2 and will talk about ovals like they are a real thing. There is another guy called dentist box who actually has some NASCAR chucklefuck as an avatar. These are the American F1 Crew.

For English and Australian posters, namely proud Formula One countries with great drivers and past champions.. just keep this in mind when they start shouting people down.

I haven't cried this hard since 9/11.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

I like how my ironic Tony Stewart deviantart drawing discredits my opinions.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Wicka: not America

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

Lmao only 4 Australians have even won f1 races. sad!

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Hey there is even an American F1 team now but they dont have American drivers because... lol... can you guess?

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Tony Montana posted:

Dude your last champion was Alan loving Jones. Our boy Jacques brings more racing cred than him and that's saying something lmao.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Tony Montana posted:

Hey there is even an American F1 team now but they dont have American drivers because... lol... can you guess?

For real. Did you see an amarican gently caress mommy at a young age? What's your deal? Tell us the Tony Montana back story

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

The best part about this is Australia probably has the most oval tracks aside from North America.

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.
We need MattDizzle to balance out all the anti-American bias in this thread.

edit: Tony nooooooooooo

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

I didn't know Norns was in the military, my compulsive need to stand and applaud each of his posts suddenly makes sense.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Does Tony love Trump because he hates America? It all makes so much sense now.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Norns posted:

For real. Did you see an amarican gently caress mommy at a young age? What's your deal? Tell us the Tony Montana back story

"Antonio "Tony" Montana is a fictional character and the main protagonist of the 1983 film Scarface. He is portrayed by Al Pacino in the movie, and is voiced by André Sogliuzzo in the 2006 video game Scarface: The World Is Yours. Embodying the rise from the bottom to the top, Tony Montana has become a cultural icon and is one of the most famous movie characters of all time. In 2008, Montana was named the 27th Greatest Movie Character by Empire Magazine.[1] He is partly based on Tony Camonte, the protagonist of the original novel and the 1932 film adaptation. By association the character is also inspired by Al Capone"

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

I shouldn't of said anything about Australia having dirt ovals. He might start protesting the races.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

Genuinely shocked to find out that Tony wasn't American, based only on how hard it was to read his posts.

• Locked thread