Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Over 90 min wait for the call center this morning. Yaaaay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Sorry braks :( it'll be that way for two more days :(.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Also staying in a royal guest room tonight at riverside. I'll let you guys know :3

Shingouryu
Feb 15, 2012
My boyfriend didn't like the aesthetic of Old Key West, and after I determined the boat to Disney Springs wasn't a deal breaker I got us switched to Animal Kingdom Lodge! By most accounts this seems to be a good change.

Also I'm sorry Braks, that sucks :(

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Shingouryu posted:

My boyfriend didn't like the aesthetic of Old Key West, and after I determined the boat to Disney Springs wasn't a deal breaker I got us switched to Animal Kingdom Lodge! By most accounts this seems to be a good change.

Also I'm sorry Braks, that sucks :(

Animal Kingdom Lodge is great. Boma is an excellent breakfast stop before you begin your day, and it's got Jiko if you feel like African food for dinner one night.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Empress Brosephine posted:

Also staying in a royal guest room tonight at riverside. I'll let you guys know :3

I'm going to stay there next month. I'm excited!

So, Emp Bro, how much trouble would a CM get in if they made a change to a reservation before they'd even confirmed the price with me? Because that happened this morning.

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!
We did Boma for lunch one day, and while the food was very good, it convinced me to never eat at a Disney buffet again.

There were lots of unsupervised kids using the buffet that were way too young to be doing that. Aside from the several bare hands I saw grabbing food, one of them straight up sneezed into a potato tray. Fortunately a server saw it and immediately changed it out, but... still. Ew.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
Boma is easily one of my favorite buffets for dinner and breakfast. Food is so good an diets relatively cheap and easy to get reservations.
Unsupervised kids are the worst, though.

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse
Ive only ever done a disney buffet once and Im not sure I would again. I just dont eat enough to justify the cost.

But im staying at AKL and Boma beckons...

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Boma is great, big variety of foods and styles to try. Favorite buffet along with Biergarten.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Braksgirl posted:

I'm going to stay there next month. I'm excited!

So, Emp Bro, how much trouble would a CM get in if they made a change to a reservation before they'd even confirmed the price with me? Because that happened this morning.

Honestly probably none. Maybe just a manager visit. There's a whole new team of resort people who started this week which is why everything backed up and there's a lot of wiggle room. They would only get dinged on Quality Monitoring. That plus even if you wanted to report it there's a two hour wait for guest services so :shrug: if the QM dings them though they'd lose about 40 bucks of bonus money if they did it a lot.

It seems like Disney prefers the yell at people in numbers instead of single.

Edna Mode
Sep 24, 2005

Bullshit, that's last year's Fall collection!

Yeah Boma! Unlimited Zebra Domes are the best. Still thinking about the roasted chicken and nut crusted salmon....

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Zebra domes are legit the best sweet treat on Disney property. Even better than Dole Whips.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Bus transport at port Orleans is so poo poo

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

which is disappointing because it's a fantastic spot otherwise

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
We got tired of waiting and went to Disney springs instead. Gunna try to see la nouba

effervescible
Jun 29, 2012

i will eat your soul

I stayed at one in February and our party of three adults spent a lot of time pressing the button for the LED fireworks on the headboard.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

The boats are one of my favorite things in Disney though.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Kilometers Davis posted:

The boats are one of my favorite things in Disney though.

Yep. Getting in at night, watching the giant balloon and all the cool stuff at Disney Springs as you ride up, always a great way to start a trip after the hell that is air travel :)

nimper
Jun 19, 2003

livin' in a hopium den

We usually hopped on the French Quarter bus from the parks and just walked over to our room at Riverside. Never much of a line.

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
I can get zebra domes at Mara though right

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah going to take the boat tonight. Disney springs is really chill today. Still really dislike the crowd that goes there though.

Edna Mode
Sep 24, 2005

Bullshit, that's last year's Fall collection!

Yeah, the French Quarter buses were great! We never waited more than five minutes and had really quick trips to Magic Kingdom, Epcot, and the Studios. Our Animal Kingdom trip took a while though because we stopped at
Riverside first.

Our first night after the Star Wars fireworks, we crammed onto a bus headed for both of the Port Orleans resorts. We get to French Quarter, and my wife and I were the only guests getting off there! A few dirty looks as we squeezed past...

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Might do that. Where in Disney springs is the boat launch for port Orleans?

nimper
Jun 19, 2003

livin' in a hopium den

Might do that. Where in Disney springs is the boat launch for port Orleans?

It's on the far side of the Marketplace behind the Rainforest Cafe.

edit: That may not be descriptive enough, though. It's more like behind the Art of Disney. They built a new dock over there.

nimper fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Apr 25, 2017

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
They have the round Walt plaque keychain at Disney springs

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Oh drat, pic? Is it at World of Disney?

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yep world of Disney forgot to take a pic but it's huge.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's the circle plaque though

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

They have it in the Shop Parks App! Might order one. (Castle is on the other side)

Also, as someone who doesn't usually pay attention to keychains, when I searched "keychains," it turns out Disney has a ton of really loving cool keychains.

Additionally, rumors that Disney is going to add a South Pacific themed land to Adventureland, and turn the almost created-yet shovel ready Fire Mountain into a Moana ride, along with Enchanted Tiki Room becoming a signature restaurant. Would be a hilarious gently caress you to Volcano Bay, which looks awesome on its own.

- http://www.orlandoweekly.com/Blogs/archives/2017/04/24/move-over-volcano-bay-rumors-point-to-a-new-volcano-coming-to-magic-kingdom

Tim Whatley fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Apr 26, 2017

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler
They also had these cool custom keys when I was in Disneyland, not sure if they have them in WDW.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

What was the rumored billion dollar expansion at Epcot? No way a single Tron ride costs as much as Pandora (AK) or Star Wars (HS).

Edit: that Tron ride isn't even at Epcot. :downs:

Grundulum fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Apr 26, 2017

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
When they wanted to rip out spaceship earth and put a roller coaster in it.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
Why don't they do Food and Wine all the time?

I'm always down every other Christmas, and I want to do Food and Wine and do Jungle Cruise, not Jingle Cruise.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Beachcomber posted:

Why don't they do Food and Wine all the time?

I'm always down every other Christmas, and I want to do Food and Wine and do Jungle Cruise, not Jingle Cruise.

It feels like they're steadily inching that way. With Flower & Garden Festival having its own food stands now, only 5 months of the year don't have a single date where a food festival of some kind operating. The Mexican stand was even made permanent years ago.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

They also added the Festival of the Arts this year, which was another food fest. It's definitely popular while also filling the park with much needed things to do.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Bottom Liner posted:

They also added the Festival of the Arts this year, which was another food fest. It's definitely popular while also filling the park with much needed things to do.

So that brings us to 3 months of the year that don't have any food fest going on.

nimper
Jun 19, 2003

livin' in a hopium den

chitoryu12 posted:

So that brings us to 3 months of the year that don't have any food fest going on.

It's really 4 months because food & wine starts August 31.

But then again June, July & early August don't need crowd reinforcements and December sure as hell doesn't either.

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
December has holidays around the world, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nimper
Jun 19, 2003

livin' in a hopium den

BlueBayou posted:

December has holidays around the world, right?

Well dang, it sure does.