Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

What happened with Adams on that Nene move, he just...stopped moving

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

DeimosRising posted:

Nene faked him out of his shoes.

Hopefully Russ bricks a bunch more shots.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Why are the two games I care most about on at the same time . . .

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
l m a o

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Panzeh posted:

Nene faked him out of his shoes.

Hopefully Russ bricks a bunch more shots.

More like he faked him into a coma, he didn't even react

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Rick posted:

Why are the two games I care most about on at the same time . . .

I thought it was kinda weird that they didn't make Jazz/Clippers the NBATV game

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

chunkles posted:

LA is large

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

russ too spicy

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
The Rockets can't do anything good even when they do stop OKC

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Clippers though

e: Blakeless Clippers at that

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

chunkles posted:

I don't think anyone expected half the players to die

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

chunkles posted:

Clippers though

e: Blakeless Clippers at that

Maybe the league realizes the Lakers are doomed by bad management and is pushing the succession angle *lights the rick signal*

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

DeimosRising posted:

He goes on walkabout to the hills of Rurarura.

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.
Starting to feel like I would prefer a Grizz mercy kill than clawing my eyes out at sending Harden and Lou to the line 30 times a game in a 5 game series

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I just tuned in, will the Rockets blow a 3-1 lead

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Are Freddy's and Sonic going to fight someday over the rights to call their Blizzard analog "concrete?"

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i bet mike d'antoni speaking italian sounds weird as gently caress

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Rick posted:

Are Freddy's and Sonic going to fight someday over the rights to call their Blizzard analog "concrete?"

Culver's calls them concretes too I believe

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

alright just needa score like 20 points in the next minute before westbrook comes back in

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Bashez posted:

I think what Fizdale did is borderline cheating. It jeopardizes the integrity of the game. It's not just that though, but the audacity to say that his team is too classy to complain, despite all the evidence to the contrary, while delivering one of the most epic whines of all time is what makes me hate him. I hope he loses the rest of his career.

If you have an issue with the referees you need to take it up with them during the game and the league after.

Ohhhh that? Yeah, I didn't get a chance to watch the first two games. The stats he handed out in that rant were pretty compelling, but a team committing a bunch of fouls is also a sign of them just getting outmatched.

Either way it seems like it's been a pretty good move strategically. I don't think working the refs is anywhere close to cheating.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Houston take some of my energy but not all I have to save it for when the Cavs struggle to close again

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

This reffing for the rockets is almost comical lmao

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:

PostNouveau posted:

Ohhhh that? Yeah, I didn't get a chance to watch the first two games. The stats he handed out in that rant were pretty compelling, but a team committing a bunch of fouls is also a sign of them just getting outmatched.

Either way it seems like it's been a pretty good move strategically. I don't think working the refs is anywhere close to cheating.

100% okay with doing it during the game or to the league. I think turning your arena into a murder bowl is across a line.

Also the stats he used are dumb. The Grizzlies foul a lot, the Spurs don't. The Spurs had a lot of shots that didn't count as attempts because of fouls. It was imbalanced in the Spurs' favor anyway.

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

PostNouveau posted:

The most egregious fact stretch from Fizz (I don't feel strongly about his rant one way or the other) is that he pointed to FT/FG in paint ratio as some sort of marker, ignoring that field goals where the shooter is fouled are counted as an attempt

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

PostNouveau posted:

a brilliant psychological ploy by Master of Psychology Fred Hoiberg results in 13 carries called against IT

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

alright i forgive you lou

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Lou Williams is a scoring god

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
God drat.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

completely unfair that houston can bring lou off the bench

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.
SWEET FUCKIN LOU, MAN

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Ramadu posted:

This reffing for the rockets is almost comical lmao

It's gonna be the same for every Rockets game. Lou and Harden specifically go for the most technical rules on drawing fouls, right up to literally putting their arms into the defenders arms and raising them up because what else are you going to call

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Wow gently caress that

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
Why don't you just take a seat westbrook

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

That was a gently caress You three from Lou Williams

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Lou with the worst best shot

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Tae posted:

It's gonna be the same for every Rockets game. Lou and Harden specifically go for the most technical rules on drawing fouls, right up to literally putting their arms into the defenders arms and raising them up because what else are you going to call

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

Tae posted:

daryl morey grins

also i kind of feel like OKC players have developed a complex about the RWB on bench thing because they all look terrified when hes off the court and trying to hold on desperately

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

R.D. Mangles posted:

completely unfair that houston can bring lou off the bench

not every team has corey brewer to offer in a trade

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

DeimosRising posted:

Lou with the worst best shot

That was the best worst shot. The worst best shot is every layup that Joakim Noah attempts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Bashez posted:

100% okay with doing it during the game or to the league. I think turning your arena into a murder bowl is across a line.

Also the stats he used are dumb. The Grizzlies foul a lot, the Spurs don't. The Spurs had a lot of shots that didn't count as attempts because of fouls. It was imbalanced in the Spurs' favor anyway.

Ahhhh, murder bowl's a bit dramatic. It's not like it was $1 beer night at FedExForum.

• Locked thread