Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Azuth0667 posted:

Legal goons how does this kind of thing keep happening? Don't the lawyers go through the jourers and weed out the terrible ones?

Yes. Looks like AUSAs aren't very good at it. :laugh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Geoj posted:

Jurors lie about impartiality and then refuse to find the defendant anything other than innocent regardless of the evidence.

Its notoriously hard to prove though.

There's also been a guy with a bullhorn outside the courthouse yelling about jury nullification every day of the trial.

V: yeah that's like the reverse of 12 angry men.

red19fire has issued a correction as of 23:32 on Apr 25, 2017

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Geoj posted:

Jurors lie about impartiality and then refuse to find the defendant anything other than innocent regardless of the evidence.

The only real recourse in those cases is to hope a juror slips a note out to the court saying "hey juror X lied their way on to the jury and has planned to push for verdict X the entire time" or they do what Juror #4 did and claim someone's being difficult, when the 'difficult' person was just refusing to go along with a NG verdict.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Geoj posted:

that the snitch was found guilty makes this an absolute certainty

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Lolling at bad dems attacking Bernie.

Reminds me of when random thugs trying to beat up Kenshiro

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

TenementFunster posted:

Yup. Funny how the only person convicted was the rat. I hope they can get a better jury in june, but :lol: all the bundys are gonna walk.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
So was he a plant, or a snitch?

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

Geoj posted:

I keep planning to do this for drug cases. But never get called up.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Bushiz posted:

Acting like it's idiots on juries and not white nationalists / sovcits deliberately masking their views so that they end up on juries.

Like everyone who is able should get on as many juries as possible. Sign up for Grand jury duty, be quiet and noncommittal during elimination.

I did grand jury duty where one of the other guys was an old man unaware that there were guns that held more than six rounds. It was bizarre

I did also have to sit for an investigation of a police shooting where unfortunately I couldn't vote to throw him under a bus because there was video evidence of the whole thing and the other guy opened fire first which was disappointing bc gently caress the police in this city

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

TenementFunster posted:

This is the best/worst part. They can't figure out what to do about charges for people on video aiming guns at LEOs but the fed's snitch they had no problem nailing to the wall.

Prosecutors have to be frustrated as gently caress because all this time you have the white wing militias blaring their poo poo in the area to maximize their lovely ideas spreading and tainting your potential jury pool.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Please don't engage in jury nullification , tia.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/jjmacnab/status/857062474041905152

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
Frustrated as gently caress authoritarians are hilarious so keep on rockin, jurors

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

jBrereton posted:

Frustrated as gently caress authoritarians are hilarious so keep on rockin, jurors

:lol: nice troll

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

jBrereton posted:

They let you phone post while being in the jury?

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
This wasn't quite messy enough yet.

https://twitter.com/jennydwilson/status/857278009669177348

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

It will be hilarious if they bumble their way into prison reform. The same juries that don't want to convict good old boys and do want punish the federal government could side with him on this too.

Laphroaig
Feb 6, 2004

Drinking Smoke
Dinosaur Gum

Facebook Aunt posted:

It will be hilarious if they bumble their way into prison reform. The same juries that don't want to convict good old boys and do want punish the federal government could side with him on this too.

anything is possible in a world where trump became president

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Facebook Aunt posted:

Last time they did this it was to whine that prison was depriving them off the right to bear arms.

Don't expect a coherent complaint

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Shalebridge Cradle posted:

Last time they did this it was to whine that prison was depriving them off the right to bear arms.

Don't expect a coherent complaint

I wanna be there when the judge read that suit

"You want to carry guns? In prison?"

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

I wanna be there when the judge read that suit

"You want to carry guns? In prison?"

It's dangerous. They need to be able to protect themselves. There's criminals in there!

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Facebook Aunt posted:

It's dangerous. They need to be able to protect themselves. There's criminals thugs in there!

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

quote:

“Plaintiff Bundy has been forced and threatened to undergo oppressive, intrusive, and unlawful body cavity searches multiple times per day where his clothing is removed, where his genitals are or would be exposed to Defendant Doe’s during these multifarious and nonconsensual intrusions against his fourth, fifth, eight and fourteenth amendment rights,” Bundy, who is representing himself, wrote in the lawsuit.
“Plaintiff Bundy has been forced and threatened to bend over and expose his anus by spreading his butt cheeks wide open while Defendant Doe’s peer up into Mr. Bundy’s rear body cavity hundreds of times,” he wrote.

Not an rear end man it would seem.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

lmao what kind of lamer would turn down free prostate massages

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

financially racist posted:

lmao what kind of lamer would turn down free prostate massages

Mormon.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
https://twitter.com/jjmacnab/status/858010359621275648

Their complaint (stick around for the ending!):
http://www.seditionists.com/pankotai1.pdf

https://twitter.com/jjmacnab/status/858013065010307072

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

So a mistrial?

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Someone summarize that lawsuit I can't read that combination of legalese and sovcit

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Someone summarize that lawsuit I can't read that combination of legalese and sovcit

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Its the same standard bullshit and McNabb has the appropriate summary. They ramble on at length about how the arrests are kidnapping and trespass against them and attempt to fine the government 50k/day for every day incarcerated and 5k/day for each day after release or something stupid like that. Then they signed in red ink with blood thumbprints.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Mr. Nice! posted:

Its the same standard bullshit and McNabb has the appropriate summary. They ramble on at length about how the arrests are kidnapping and trespass against them and attempt to fine the government 50k/day for every day incarcerated and 5k/day for each day after release or something stupid like that. Then they signed in red ink with blood thumbprints.

I skimmed it and there's a bit where they discuss titles of nobility and they want the court to declare the US Marshals illegitimate and that their weird fake marshals serivce is actually the highest law enforcement body also they can't ever be arrested again

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

"I'm rubber and you're glue, whatever you arrest me for bounces off of me and sticks back on you."

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
It's mostly just "we're the real cops and the real courts, so your fake cops and courts were obstructing a police officer by arresting our sovereign marshals" stuff, plus a side order of suing the nearby TV station for saying that they were pretending to be US marshals

...at least until page 19, when it suddenly goes full sovcit and unleashes a big pile of conspiracy theories all at once. For example, it alleges that the bar is a) a British conspiracy to undermine the real US by preventing real Americans from using the real laws against the fake US corporation, and b) a closed union shop that is illegal under right-to-work laws.

Then it lists out the customary sovcit giant list of absurd damages that they expect everyone they're suing to pay, of which the most noticeable is a demand that the fake US pay $700 billion dollars to the real US.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
lol yall getting OWNED by the bundies hahahahahahahahahaha

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
At one point they basically ask the court to say they can never be arrested again

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

Baloogan posted:

lol yall getting OWNED by the bundies hahahahahahahahahaha

I started this goddamned thread and it broke my brain

good game, Bundy clan

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I'm hoping Cliven decides to tell everyone something he knows about "the negro" in the showers one day.

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer

Main Paineframe posted:

a demand that the fake US pay $700 billion dollars to the real US.

I always wonder what force governs the number that gets named in these things. Like why not reach for the brass ring and make it an even trillion.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

Bushiz posted:

I always wonder what force governs the number that gets named in these things. Like why not reach for the brass ring and make it an even trillion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vohNUTTx3A

Lamebot has issued a correction as of 04:03 on Apr 29, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

Bushiz posted:

Because then it would be a platinum coin?