Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Psawhn
Jan 15, 2011

Hexenritter posted:

Does the data from our Reaper's super set of eyeballs interface with our AEW bird out of curiosity? Do we have that super sexy full spectrum battlespace sort of thing going on where they can full-on guide the ordnance from our other planes? Also, how good at countering enemy systems is our Growler (or was it the Prowler)? It's been years since I really had a head full of military aircraft stuff and this thread has been a voyage of rediscovery for me.

When making a computer strategy game it's actually really hard not to have full spectrum battlespace borg hivemind for your entire side. Right now, you can have the case where an MQ-9 will detect and track an infantry platoon which you can then order an Su-25 to gun strafe. The next DLC is supposed to add the unique feature of isolating command and control and communications between units :v:.

More specifically, datalinks and limitations are supported. Our fancy-smancy Meteor missiles can be guided by our S 100 while the launching Gripen leaves his radar off (or even turns completely around!) The AMRAAM-Bs on our Phantoms don't have that capability. Buddy lasing is also supported for the American LGBs, but not the Russian laser-guided missiles from the Frogfoots.

Our Prowler is pretty good. It can basically no-sell any of the radar SAMs in-theatre with the exception of the S-300 -- and even then our Prowler can still get pretty close. When we finally do attack that S-300 it would basically be impossible to do so without the Prowler.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tythas
Oct 3, 2013

Never felt at home in reality
Always hiding behind avatars

Can we add the F-117A and the Patriot Missile system with Pac-2 missiles to the wishlist

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

Jack Update

So it seems all is not well in Free State land. I'll let Jack sum it up for you.

Not sure it'll be much impact on us, but interesting nevertheless.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Can we get a recon platform in range to snoop on the control channels and prove it wasn't us ?

Tythas
Oct 3, 2013

Never felt at home in reality
Always hiding behind avatars

We should beat them to the punch and use one of our spewers to hit his house

Bacarruda
Mar 30, 2011

Mutiny!?! More like "reinterpreted orders"

Yooper posted:

Operation Black Diamond is a go.

You can read about it here : https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3815107&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=90#post471686891

I'm currently entering mission info and then will figure out when to make it happen. If all looks good I'll try the Twitch/Youtube thing for a live broadcast.

Yooper is there anything unclear, ambiguous, or (possibly) implied that I need to add to these orders?

There's a lot of moving parts on this mission - I want to make sure that it isn't a nightmare for you to run.

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

My antenna is telling me that you're probably wrong about this.
Soiled Meat

Tythas posted:

We should beat them to the punch and use one of our spewers to hit his house

Agreed.

Deploy meteor gripens to shoot down their drone, then do exactly what they were trying to do with our own drone, then troll their subbreddit about it.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

Tythas posted:

Can we add the F-117A and the Patriot Missile system with Pac-2 missiles to the wishlist

Added :D

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
Made an actual one for people to play around with if they want. Can mod whoever.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
SHOOT ME IN THE GODDAMNED FACE
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!
Sperwers don't have an armed option. You'd have to use the Reaper.

Also, Jack, our shareholders nearly made a goatse our official roundel. We don't exactly have standing to mock the Free State for furriness, even if we do to mock everything else.

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

Bacarruda posted:

Yooper is there anything unclear, ambiguous, or (possibly) implied that I need to add to these orders?

There's a lot of moving parts on this mission - I want to make sure that it isn't a nightmare for you to run.

I'm going to do a breakdown post to show mission areas, layouts, EMCON, and such. I actually just finished entering it all and I think it'll go pretty well. Managing manual targeting might get interesting but I don't think it'll be an issue. I might stick our CAS aircraft into a holding pattern prior to mission to make sure every requirement is met. But I think we'll be OK.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Davin Valkri posted:

Also, Jack, our shareholders nearly made a goatse our official roundel. We don't exactly have standing to mock the Free State for furriness, even if we do to mock everything else.

I think you'll find that goatse>furries

power crystals
Jun 6, 2007

Who wants a belly rub??

Davin Valkri posted:

Sure they do. It's called ramming speed.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

Well, I'm sure they're going to fail horribly, but can we find some way to videotape it an laugh?

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

Cathode Raymond posted:

Deploy meteor gripens to shoot down their drone, then do exactly what they were trying to do with our own drone, then troll their subbreddit about it.

These are the :catdrugs: we're looking for.

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

Cathode Raymond posted:

Agreed.

Well, at least you guys didn't want to steal it.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
SHOOT ME IN THE GODDAMNED FACE
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!
I seriously doubt their strike will do anything other than piss the Dictator off and cause him to start a retaliation campaign against the local civilians, requiring us (at the request of Von Hoff) to immediately scramble for asset protection into unscouted and very much hostile areas deep in Dictator-controlled territory. We're having conniptions tracking down this one lone S-300 right on our border--imagine our heads exploding when we have to plan a full scale door kicking on short notice.

I wouldn't be cheering or emulating this strike, people.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
I'd love to volunteer for this as a pilot or whatever. Preferably a bomber of some description. Callsign: Whale

Logo:

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

Yooper posted:

Well, at least you guys didn't want to steal it.

We're stealing the glory

sparkmaster
Apr 1, 2010
FYI, The B-1B can carry double the standoff and precision munitions the B-52 can.

Plus is just looks sexier.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

glynnenstein posted:

These are the :catdrugs: we're looking for.

Meanwhile, have the budget wishlist.

30 billion: Manhattan Project
3 billion: MEADS
2 billion: Ohio class submarine
1 billion: AEGIS Ashore
750 million: THAAD battery
400 million: S400 division
270 million: E-3D
250 million: David's Sling
244 million: E8-C
178 million; B1-B
150 million: F-22
125 million: B-52
120 million: SS-26
111 million: F-117
105 million: F-15K
90 million: Typhoon
85 million: F-35A
72 million: V-22
68 million: EA-18G
60 million: Rafale
53 million: AC-130
50 million: Iron Dome
50 million: PAK-FA
32 million: Tornado
31 million: SR-71
30 million: F-15
28 million: CH-53
25 million: F-16
20 million: Gripen
20 million: RS-24
17 million: MQ-9
14 million: F-111
7 million: WR-40
7 million: PLZ-45
5 million: T-14
3 million: BMP-3
3 million: MIM-104

Loel fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Apr 26, 2017

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Shoot down their drone and make a supersonic pass over the Presidential Palace to shatter all the windows, but don't actually try to kill daddy Santos.

E: Loel where's my Manhattan Project?

Crazycryodude fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Apr 26, 2017

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?
Odds are good the Dictator will try to use that loving S-300 to shoot down the Libertarian drone, so.

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

sparkmaster posted:

FYI, The B-1B can carry double the standoff and precision munitions the B-52 can.

Plus is just looks sexier.

just as impossible to take off from shithole airfields tho also they're you know, strategic nuclear bombers and there's no way any of them would get sold

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Who said anything about BUYING them?

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

Crazycryodude posted:

Who said anything about BUYING them?

well even if we stole one then having pissed off both the us and china we would have to fake our deaths being shot down and return as the ghosts of razgriz which would entail losing the b-1b

we'd get sick paint jobs and theme music tho

Gervasius
Nov 2, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Groggy nard posted:

Odds are good the Dictator will try to use that loving S-300 to shoot down the Libertarian drone, so.

Which means we will know where S-300 is.

Please add a high-end margarita machine to the wishlist.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Groggy nard posted:

We should really just let this play out and watch for where the thingy is, this is a good point.

Also, on the one in a million chance they actually ice the bastard, we can laugh ourselves all the way to the bank before we turn around and waste the Free State.

Thefluffy
Sep 7, 2014

Davin Valkri posted:

I seriously doubt their strike will do anything other than piss the Dictator off and cause him to start a retaliation campaign against the local civilians, requiring us (at the request of Von Hoff) to immediately scramble for asset protection into unscouted and very much hostile areas deep in Dictator-controlled territory. We're having conniptions tracking down this one lone S-300 right on our border--imagine our heads exploding when we have to plan a full scale door kicking on short notice.

I wouldn't be cheering or emulating this strike, people.

best possible outcome is that he realizes it is from the north and sends all his poo poo there to stomp out redditopia while we are relatively ignored. but given our luck so far that is unlikely.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

:perfect:

Loel posted:

2 billion: Ohio class submarine
1 billion: AEGIS Ashore
750 million: THAAD battery
400 million: S400
270 million: E3
250 million: David's Sling
244 million: E8-C
178 million; B1-B
150 million: F-22
125 million: B-52
120 million: SS-26
111 million: F-117
68 million: EA-18G
60 million: Rafale
53 million: AC-130
50 million: Iron Dome
32 million: Tornado
31 million: SR-71
28 million: CH-53
25 million: F-16
20 million: Gripen
17 million: MQ-9
14 million: F-111
7 million: WR-40
7 million: PLZ-45
5 million: T-14
3 million: BMP-3
3 million: MIM-104

But how much is an SS-18 SATAN with silo?

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

Loel posted:

Based on the F-15K if we get a newer model (2010s) it would be much more expensive than 30 mil

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Crazycryodude posted:

Shoot down their drone and make a supersonic pass over the Presidential Palace to shatter all the windows, but don't actually try to kill daddy Santos.

E: Loel where's my Manhattan Project?

Added. I think its cheaper to just buy some warheads, but if we want to go from scratch, that's the price.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Regarding the imminent drone strike, my recommendation would be to do nothing but observe. We're talking about two arguably unprofessional entities here who are capable of taking things personally. We want them facing off against each other, plus we gain nothing by performing the strike ourselves. If the S-300 reveals itself then maybe we can strike with the cruise missiles but if the asset is close enough to defend the capital (Luanda, right?) then it's probably a fair distance within our no-fly zone.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

It was from the Goonrathi days by Arkimedes as part of a label for the Star Citizen guys. We made them custom homebrewed beer.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Added the F15K, cant find prices on an SS-18 with silo.

edit: Did find an RS-24 unit cost.

And yeah, lets wait and see if the S300 reveals itself.

Loel fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Apr 26, 2017

Psawhn
Jan 15, 2011
I'd beg for an Avro Arrow but it's in the Cold War Database, not the modern DB3000.

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

My antenna is telling me that you're probably wrong about this.
Soiled Meat

Loel posted:

Added. I think its cheaper to just buy some warheads, but if we want to go from scratch, that's the price.

I don't like the idea of putting all our eggs in the ssbn basket. We need at least a few land missile silos with ICBM's, and get some of those old Russian ICBM's built before treaties banned land-based MIRVs.

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

Loel posted:

Added the F15K, cant find prices on an SS-18 with silo.

And yeah, lets wait and see if the S300 reveals itself.

Yeah the F-15K pricing is what I expect if we get any Strike Eagle made after 2009.

And yeah, let the Free State do their drone strike.

Weissritter
Jun 14, 2012

We should add the PAK-FA to the wishlist. If nothing else, that plane looks sleek.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Weissritter posted:

We should add the PAK-FA to the wishlist. If nothing else, that plane looks sleek.

Added :D