Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite Titan from Titanfall 1?
gundam
megatron
that russian robot from pacific rim
goku
View Results

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

quote:

Titan Brawl: Think of this as Team Deathmatch with just Titans. 5v5 mode with Titans only [no ejecting] and respawning. Each kill counts for 1 point and first team to 30 points wins. (this sounds awesome)

:hellyeah: :getin:

quote:

The game will now remember Multiplayer as last played in Main Menu - no more accidentally selecting Single Player!
a minor change but really welcome.

quote:

Removed sun flare for maps Colony, Exoplanet, Forwardbase Kodai

holy poo poo, glad I'm not the only one that thought this was annoying as gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
They still need king of the hill except the Hill is a Titan. :colbert:

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

It's nice they're listening to everyone and all that with the changes, I'm excited for the patch

It's just like 4 months too late

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Man if the game fixes it's ping spike problem certain users are having, I'd be happy with just that. I miss this game.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

It's just like 4 months too late

Dude, enough already.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Still gonna play it, curious what summer will bring

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

Confused by "Small reduction in Laser Shot’s cone angle." Reducing the angle of the cone would make it MORE accurate. This could be possible because I've had a feeling they reduced the accuracy and maybe even the max distance in the last patch. But if they meant that they reduced the width of the "projectile" then yeah, it will be harder to use.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

runchild posted:

Confused by "Small reduction in Laser Shot’s cone angle." Reducing the angle of the cone would make it MORE accurate. This could be possible because I've had a feeling they reduced the accuracy and maybe even the max distance in the last patch. But if they meant that they reduced the width of the "projectile" then yeah, it will be harder to use.

Think they meant the auto aim.

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

Fuzz posted:

Think they meant the auto aim.

Not quite auto-aim, but I guess you're basically right according to somebody on reddit who sounds like they know what they're talking about :

reddit person posted:

Laser Shot uses a function intended for and used by hitscan shotguns. If a target is within a certain degree of your FOV (in this case, 5 degrees) and within the weapons range (in this case, 250 feet), you are guaranteed to hit the target regardless of crosshair deviation. It's what makes it seem like Laser Shot has a big "hitbox" and what makes the Close Range Power Shot a guaranteed Pilot wiper within its ideal range.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Yo did it drop yet

Also file size pls

boz
Oct 16, 2005

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Yo did it drop yet

Also file size pls

Just checked and nope.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?
Update still coming today, just later than usual.

https://www.reddit.com/r/titanfall/comments/67j1jy/a_glitch_in_the_frontier_update/?st=J1XZCOG2&sh=338a0be8

Rubber Ducky
Nov 5, 2009
3.6 gig, its out now.

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Because the goof is all mine.
Pros: The kamikaze ronin works
Cons: The whole rest of my team decided to go nuke eject after I got a double kill with it in round 1 of a LTS

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Ping is higher than normal, but appears stable now at least.

Started at a constant 20-30, then Colony update made it 40-60 with random spikes to 126-250 and now I just sit at 40-80. =/

The new map is very good at least.

Night Blade fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Apr 26, 2017

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Honestly I can count on one hand the number of times I've had lag issues on TF2

COD on the other hand was literally every game. They really good the netcode right imo

At the same time there seems to be niche issues where their connection is poo poo no matter what so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

They nerfed my EVA. :negative:

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

Glitch is awesome.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Mill Village posted:

They nerfed my EVA. :negative:

And buffed the R97 :getin:

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?
Titan Brawl not added in yet I'm guessing? I don't see it in the playlists.

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

Love the new map, definitely getting Wargames flashbacks.

Grapple makes it even bettah.

EDIT: Okay, we got our doofy "friendly" robot faction, now if Spyglass faction isn't a thing, I'm going to be very disappointed. :mad:

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
New map rips. PvP is actually really fun on it even.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?

Wazzit posted:

Titan Brawl not added in yet I'm guessing? I don't see it in the playlists.
I think they said they want to release one 'featured' game mode at a time. So there's Glitch 24/7 now, probably in a week will be Marked for Death, and then Titan Brawl.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
got back into this game after awhile, forgot how fun it was.

LTS on Glitch, 4 live, admittedly damaged, titans vs 1 scorch and me on foot.

Scorch brought one down while I managed to get my amped weapons boost and brought down the remaining three, the last one not 5 seconds before the round timer was up.

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013
Glitch is nice, although good dang luck using anything but an SMG on it

also apparently loves to match people into CTF several times in a row on PC for some reason

Strayer
May 19, 2006

Blind Duke posted:

also apparently loves to match people into CTF several times in a row on PC for some reason

Doing that on PS4 too. We must have had 10 out of our 12 matches as CTF. One pilots versus pilots and the other was Last Titan Standing.

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

I thought I was good with CAR hipfire pre-patch, but now that my reticle doesn't disappear when hipfiring, the CAR feels very tight.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Blind Duke posted:

I think that's on purpose because I do believe it's the best CTF level I have ever played.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Apologies to my PS4 goons for being MIA so quickly. Been swamped with work and travel stuff. Will get on tomorrow, though!

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
So do archer rockets sometimes panic and seek pilots? I got mysteriously gibbed on Blackwater Canal last night climbing a building to get at someone archering a friendly Legion, so I watched the killcam and sure enough, there goes the rocket sailing over the Legion, then a quick 180 and a course correction later it goes straight into my back. If I knew how to do gifs I'd try to pull it for comedy reasons.

I can't believe noone high fives Marvin. Animals.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Dr. Red Ranger posted:

So do archer rockets sometimes panic and seek pilots? I got mysteriously gibbed on Blackwater Canal last night climbing a building to get at someone archering a friendly Legion, so I watched the killcam and sure enough, there goes the rocket sailing over the Legion, then a quick 180 and a course correction later it goes straight into my back. If I knew how to do gifs I'd try to pull it for comedy reasons.

I can't believe noone high fives Marvin. Animals.

They can when Ion throws them back.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:
Played for the first time in forever and I felt so slow and clumsy because all my muscle memory has fled me and I even ran around on the ground a few times it sucked

Well that's my story hope you enjoyed

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Insert name here posted:

Played for the first time in forever and I felt so slow and clumsy because all my muscle memory has fled me and I even ran around on the ground a few times it sucked

Well that's my story hope you enjoyed

I did! :downs:

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

They can when Ion throws them back.

Well, weird tracking would explain why I sometimes get a pilot kill after launching one. I used to assume it was just people rodeoing at an unfortunate time but now I don't know. I'm just glad archers are good now, and Thunderbolts must get points from assists now because I took that clunky thing from 8 to 17 in a night.

Nichol
May 18, 2004

Sly Dog
I kind of enjoyed that cute cartoon with the crab mine?

Having such uneven games lately. My last game tonight I killed 4/6 of the opposing team during CTF overtime, but then brainfarted and didn't eject when I got doomed​. Had no idea my team was that useless until it was all over...

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Nichol posted:

I kind of enjoyed that cute cartoon with the crab mineSpicy Boy?

ftfy

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte
Going back to Titanfall 2 after playing Playerunknown's battlegrounds is an experience. How the gently caress did I hit anything when my sensitivity was that insanely loving high? Time to turn it down by a factor 25

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

Discovered the Ninja control layout last night. My mobility issues have been solved!

My competence with laser shot is pretty reduced with the patch, my spaz hands were happier with the old hit box :(

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Probably gonna jump on here soon on ps4 anyone playing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
I am loving this new map. CTF is loving great on it, though it's a tad big for Live Fire.