Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

MrYenko posted:

Do they not have Molotov cocktails where you live?

It's an RX8, it probably can't move under its own power.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

Sagebrush posted:

I've heard that the Japanese slang name for those cars translates roughly as "painful car", so at least some Japanese people see it for what it is

Some? More like most, and mathematically closer to all. Please do not think that this is at all normal 'because Japan' this kind of stuff is every bit as reviled by regular people here as it would be in any other country.

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Leading us to the promised land (i.e., one tournament win in five years)
I've been reading this forum too much, because I saw this today and thought I needed a professional kastein opinion. Those are absolutely hose clamps holding two shocks (or whatever those are) together. That can't be right, no?

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

gvibes posted:

I've been reading this forum too much, because I saw this today and thought I needed a professional kastein opinion. Those are absolutely hose clamps holding two shocks (or whatever those are) together. That can't be right, no?

The tube on the right is most probably an external reservoir.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
It's the shock and the secondary reservoir. The secondary has no structural purpose and usually lives next to the main, sometimes held off by lengthening the tube to it. It's fine.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

InitialDave posted:

It really bugs me that the badge isn't infilled with the right colour.

And that the background white circle isn't rotor-shaped. loving amateurs.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
I'm evil derek smart in the drivers seat

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Leading us to the promised land (i.e., one tournament win in five years)

RillAkBea posted:

The tube on the right is most probably an external reservoir.

Phew. The roads are safe.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
https://twitter.com/alexgrayamg/status/852989727275864064

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

I think what was just witnessed was the results of very poor course design decisions.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

It's performance art, a striking critique on conspicuous consumption.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
I was at a trackday last month where someone brought two McLaren P750s, let a friend drive one, then managed to stuff himself up the inside of a corner with the other McLaren, come together, spill oil all over the track, and send them both off. 👌🏻 It was their first session for the run group.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

The Locator posted:

I think what was just witnessed was the results of very poor course design decisions.

Also people running summer performance tires in the wet.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
http://youtubedoubler.com/kSL6

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Guinness
Sep 15, 2004

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Summer performance tires are great in wet weather, assuming it's not below 50 degrees.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Also fine when there's not a Lamborghini parked in the way in the event you break traction.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Is that pretending to be one of these?

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Totally fine if the temp is warm enough. Better grip than all-seasons.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Not great in pools of standing water tho, imo that looks relatively deep for wet conditions, and also not if you cant keep them warm. Somehow I have this idea that they didnt do warmup.

E:aint no hill to die on ill let ut go here

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Guinness posted:

Summer performance tires are great in wet weather, assuming it's not below 50 degrees.

Yeah, what do they expect? Do a switch out every time it drizzles a bit?

DropShadow
Apr 15, 2003

This should help explain things.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

The course never should have had them return to the same place at speed as stated. That would have solved the issue water or no water. As for them being totalled it just looks cosmetic as the hit wasn't that fast.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Wasabi the J posted:

Reminder I know where this car lives.

The Linux penguin on the gas cover just completes the sadness.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Wasabi the J posted:

Reminder I know where this car lives.

[animewasamistakethecar.jpg]

Better you than me.

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^

RillAkBea posted:

Some? More like most, and mathematically closer to all. Please do not think that this is at all normal 'because Japan' this kind of stuff is every bit as reviled by regular people here as it would be in any other country.

But how will we make more lol nuke japan again "jokes"?? :confused:

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

RillAkBea posted:

Thanks for clearing this up chief.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Double the mediocrity, double the fun!

https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/6070991052.html

Of course it still has the anemic 4 banger in there, you really thought it wouldn't?

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Slim Pickens posted:

Of course it still has the anemic 4 banger in there, you really thought it wouldn't?

I've never been in a limo but based on looking at them in the scrapyards I don't want to be in a limo that can accelerate quickly.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Slim Pickens posted:

I know someone who would buy that :barf:

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Slim Pickens posted:

Are you trying to tell us the PT Cruiser has an underpowered engine? Blasphemy.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

iospace posted:

I know someone who would buy that :barf:

I'd buy that in a heartbeat.

Limos are tacky as hell: this looks like fun

TheShazbot
Feb 20, 2011

Slim Pickens posted:

Ugh, yep. this screams peak Hillsboro. I've probably seen this locally driving around. Tacky as hell, but typical for garbage suburbanites like me.

Kachunkachunk
Jun 6, 2011

Slim Pickens posted:

There's a turbocharged 4-banger 2.4L apparently, but that just makes it a slightly faster wheeled dumpster.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Same one out the srt4.
~230hp isnt that bad tbh. At least itd get out of its own way.

But all it really needs is lowend torque and a gear that lets it go ~8mph at idle coast.

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 08:46 on Apr 26, 2017

Vanagoon
Jan 20, 2008

Best Dead Gay Forums
on the whole Internet!
HEMI 5.7L PT Cruiser

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwiZ0qzXXPA

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.

glynnenstein posted:

DC will fine the poo poo out of you if you don't clear your sidewalk. You have 24 hours after the snow stops falling for residential and 8 hours for commercial property.

DC will fine the poo poo out of you for anything, but it works.

DC is *supposed* to fine the poo poo out of you if you don't clear your sidewalk but in practice it doesn't afaik.

dpack_1
Mar 23, 2009

Let another's wounds be your warning

drgitlin posted:

DC is *supposed* to fine the poo poo out of you if you don't clear your sidewalk but in practice it doesn't afaik.

In the UK we have the opposite, if you salt or shovel your sidewalk in front of your property and someone slips on it then you are liable for it. If the council does it and people slip because it wasn't fully cleared then it's their fault.

So we instil that attitude of 'gently caress your neighbour, let them suffer on the ice rather than being a community and supporting each other'.

dpack_1 fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Apr 26, 2017

Grater
Jul 11, 2001
Might seem like a nice guy, but cross me once...
Not really sure which is the best thread for this but considering that this is a terrible video by a profoundly stupid man I figure it belongs here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BuAs3FKnzY

Dude complains about the torn metal of the Ford but ignores the completely collapsed cabin of the Chevy (the biohazard sticker being the icing on the cake).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost
He glosses over the bent over pillar, but keeps talking about ripped aluminum. Who gives a gently caress about if it's repairable or not, both of the trucks are complete write-offs. At least the Ford occupants likely survived their accident.