Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
Update: resetting my keyboard was actually a really good thing, it only took a few hours of typing to get it to work perfectly.

Need content so I have 2 problems: I drank too much caffeine and I can't sleep, and I'm posting way too much in this thread (possibly due to the caffeine making my mind go super hyper).

E: I'm #2 for complaining in this thread. Gonna try to not complain for a while...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

I found a dude overseas who can etch some bullet casings for me, but apparently I need an export license and to register that it's like $2500.

Even though I'm just a dude, and wanting to send just brass casings to another dude in another country to have him etch them and then return them to me. Not business related at all.

loving insane :psypop:

Uh, just mail them anyway? If they're spent casings without a primer they're just pieces of brass. Label the package as 'ornaments'.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
My employer has assigned me for 36 hours of work this week.
I can only work 24, and that only once or twice a month, or I go over my monthly allowed take-home pay for my disability benefits.
Fucker isn't picking up his phone.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

Outrail posted:

Uh, just mail them anyway? If they're spent casings without a primer they're just pieces of brass. Label the package as 'ornaments'.

I would, except that's a fairly big "Whoops, you hosed up, now go to jail" kinda crime. As loving retarded as it is, it'd be counted the same as shipping live ammo/guns to a country where I'm not supposed to send them. A fine would be the least of my problems, and probably more expensive than the export license runs.

As cool as the etched casings would be, it's not worth jail time if something fucks up.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I woke up due to a rather emotionally taxing bad dream this morning, and that instinctual/reptilian part of my brain doesn't understand that the horribly distressing events weren't real. So all day I've been in a funk over something that never happened.

Editing to add another one: SSDs are still too expensive for my needs and requirements. I want one to store my games to make loading times better, but the ones in my gently caress-it-I'll-buy-it price range would only store my Steam WoW sections of my games folder. That's a significant percentage of it, but it doesn't include random games and Origin games. Adding those to the requirements ups the price significantly.

To add insult to injury, I'm not sure if the innards of my PC has space for another hard drive and resulting cables. I'll have to drag my brother or dad in to help me figure that poo poo out.

And if that ain't enough, rebooting my computer takes long enough for me to realize that I should get an SSD for my Windows/main drive, but that's more money and aaaaaaaaagh can I go back to when I was a little kid and my parents bought me this stuff :cry:

MisterBibs has a new favorite as of 07:16 on Apr 22, 2017

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I hate how Amazon is now infested with third party resellers and "certified refurbished" for everything. They make it harder and harder each year to just buy something that's new in retail packaging straight from Amazon and not just "fulfilled" by Amazon. The site is messy as hell now and reminds me of the garbage sites like Aliexpress. Now whenever I look at any product I have to scan to make sure it's not a used thing or being sold by some seller named "Tutti Frutti Shop" that might be selling a clone. Yeah the return process is easy if I get a fake but it's a pain in the rear end to have to do that in the first place.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

MisterBibs posted:

I woke up due to a rather emotionally taxing bad dream this morning, and that instinctual/reptilian part of my brain doesn't understand that the horribly distressing events weren't real. So all day I've been in a funk over something that never happened.

Editing to add another one: SSDs are still too expensive for my needs and requirements. I want one to store my games to make loading times better, but the ones in my gently caress-it-I'll-buy-it price range would only store my Steam WoW sections of my games folder. That's a significant percentage of it, but it doesn't include random games and Origin games. Adding those to the requirements ups the price significantly.

To add insult to injury, I'm not sure if the innards of my PC has space for another hard drive and resulting cables. I'll have to drag my brother or dad in to help me figure that poo poo out.

And if that ain't enough, rebooting my computer takes long enough for me to realize that I should get an SSD for my Windows/main drive, but that's more money and aaaaaaaaagh can I go back to when I was a little kid and my parents bought me this stuff :cry:

A common mounting solution for an SSD is velcro tape.

They have no moving parts and they don't care about vibration so you can put them wherever..

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Aphrodite posted:

A common mounting solution for an SSD is velcro tape.

They have no moving parts and they don't care about vibration so you can put them wherever..

Yeah, everything worked out a lot better than I figured it would, except mounting the SSD to my case. It's tinier than a conventional drive, we forgot to buy an adapter, and in terms of mounting screws the brackets are just off enough that I couldn't get two screws onto it, only one. It's on there tight, so I'm not worried... except that I am because I'm an irrational worrier.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Been trying to play the free release of Starcraft all week but I had to get up early for work all week too so I've been too tired to play it in the evenings, or ever.

kreyla
Dec 31, 2008
Absolutely nothing is wrong yet somehow my anxiety and depression conspire to make me feel like the world is ending.

Maybe I will stay in bed tomorrow, like a true winner who has life in order.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Malachite_Dragon posted:

My employer has assigned me for 36 hours of work this week.
I can only work 24, and that only once or twice a month, or I go over my monthly allowed take-home pay for my disability benefits.
Fucker isn't picking up his phone.

I had to take a month to recover from a really bad case of pneumonia loving up my ribs, and I'm finally back at work and an 8 hour shift is too much. I'm in so much pain after 6. I work at a non-profit so usually they don't give me enough hours because they can't afford it but now I'm begging for fewer.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I have over a dozen hard drives that have been scrubbed.
It's really hard to sell them.

docLeder
Oct 27, 2004
My phones iris scanner is a bit slow when i'm really baked.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

docLeder posted:

My phones iris scanner is a bit slow when i'm really baked.

When the robot revolution comes we will realize that weed truly is the answer to all problems

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I updated the awful app and the frog changed. I like the old frog better.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I like the new frog

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
I bought a new Seagate 1TB drive, and it only beeps steadily when I plug it in, and never comes up as recognized by my desktop.

I might have to return it, and it's under Amazon return warranty...but i just returned three light fixtures that were way too dim for what I needed, and I don't want to get marked as a problem Prime member or some poo poo. The only reason I returned that order was because it was over $70, and the drive is about $50, and I really want a working drive.

Aaaand chatting with Amazon and they are asking 20 questions about poo poo that has nothing to do with the drive. I just want to replace this thing!

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

New frog, good frog.

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

I identify as a simian who pronounces the 'silent' letters in words.
Fallen Rib
It's monday, 8:40am, most of the country was smart enough to take today off as it's a public holiday tomorrow.

I am not that smart :/

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
I like your old frog better than your new frog.

Creature
Mar 9, 2009

We've already seen a dead horse

Jeff Sichoe posted:

It's monday, 8:40am, most of the country was smart enough to take today off as it's a public holiday tomorrow.

I am not that smart :/

I am also at work today but everyone I rely on to get poo poo done for me took the day off. At least the office is nice and quiet without managers around.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

Mu Zeta posted:

I hate how Amazon is now infested with third party resellers and "certified refurbished" for everything. They make it harder and harder each year to just buy something that's new in retail packaging straight from Amazon and not just "fulfilled" by Amazon. The site is messy as hell now and reminds me of the garbage sites like Aliexpress. Now whenever I look at any product I have to scan to make sure it's not a used thing or being sold by some seller named "Tutti Frutti Shop" that might be selling a clone. Yeah the return process is easy if I get a fake but it's a pain in the rear end to have to do that in the first place.

Using the app but:

*sponsored*

I don't know what they choose as sponsored and why. And the reviews, it seems like they're made up or filtered?. How can thousands of people like an item that is a piece of poo poo? I got these adorable shoes but they fell apart after 20 wears. 4.8 rating. But where else can you get lime green shoes? I got a BEAUTIFUL shower caddy tension thing but oh my god it took 4 hours to build/install because it's a piece of poo poo in terms of building and whoever designed it should die in a fire. I worked in furniture building so it's not me. Looks beautiful though! BUT then there's awesome sellers from Japan that send me items in perfect condition, packaging, and always a nice, sincere note IN THE PACKAGE saying like "thank you and I hope you like this!" The American sellers send emails and/or have a paper in their items like, "YOU SHOULD GIVE US 5 STARS!"

Side note: (I'm not a weeaboo I just collect a few things that sometimes are only available from Japanese sellers-- NOT anime related).

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 07:40 on Apr 24, 2017

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

Thin Privilege posted:

Using the app but:

*sponsored*

I don't know what they choose as sponsored and why. And the reviews, it seems like they're made up or filtered?. How can thousands of people like an item that is a piece of poo poo? I got these adorable shoes but they fell apart after 20 wears. 4.8 rating. But where else can you get lime green shoes? I got a BEAUTIFUL shower caddy tension thing but oh my god it took 4 hours to build/install because it's a piece of poo poo in terms of building and whoever designed it should die in a fire. I worked in furniture building so it's not me. Looks beautiful though! BUT then there's awesome sellers from Japan that send me items in perfect condition, packaging, and always a nice, sincere note IN THE PACKAGE saying like "thank you and I hope you like this!" The American sellers send emails and/or have a paper in their items like, "YOU SHOULD GIVE US 5 STARS!"

Side note: (I'm not a weeaboo I just collect a few things that sometimes are only available from Japanese sellers-- NOT anime related).

The more you defend that it is most not definitely anime the more I believe it is anime and the worse the item becomes. Right now, you're defending at the "game character figure inexplicably dressed as a maid" level.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Anime is cool and good and even if you don't like it it's not going anywhere so deal with it

Get with the times, senpai~~~

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
I just now found out about Starcraft and Brood War being released for free.

Welp, so long social life :shepicide:

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

We finally found a new place last week after having a few rentals fall through. We've got all the funds ready to go and I have movers scheduled for this Thursday.

I still have a lot of things to put in boxes after work over the next few days, and after the move-out is done, I have to clean the old place before we do the final walkthrough (mostly spackling and a run-through with a carpet shampooer and vacuum cleaner), so I'm gonna be really busy the rest of the week.

Mikl posted:

I just now found out about Starcraft and Brood War being released for free.

Welp, so long social life :shepicide:

I've never liked RTS games. They just don't click for me.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I'm not feeling well, possibly due to a stomach bug. The FWP of this is that it's only low-key bothering me, so I can't justify leaving work early over it.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

There is a big patch coming for our main product at work.
It's going to cause some of our programs to seize up until we can manually change some stuff.
I'm the only one authorized to do it.
It's happening on my day off.
My boss refuses to let me do OT for it or even come in and flex my hours.
He seems to think that I can somehow pre-fix all of these issues before the weekend.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
Happy news: I've ordered a DVD and just got news of when it arrives.

Sad News: It's scheduled 3 weeks from now due to shipping from Germany. Wanna Watch Reefer Madness the Musicaaaaaa~lllll~/whiny voice

kreyla
Dec 31, 2008
My mom can't come to my swearing in ceremony tomorrow and I am really sad.

Gitro
May 29, 2013
I was walking just slightly faster than the person in front of me on my way to uni. I would have spent a while hovering awkwardly close to them if I hadn't sped up to pass, but I didn't feel like going faster. It was annoying.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Having to pay more than double the price on camera filters because they won't ship from the United States so I have to buy from a Canadian retailer. They won't ship them because they're "electronic devices". Get hosed, it's a piece of glass in a plastic ring.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Picnic Princess posted:

Having to pay more than double the price on camera filters because they won't ship from the United States so I have to buy from a Canadian retailer. They won't ship them because they're "electronic devices". Get hosed, it's a piece of glass in a plastic ring.

FYI there are services like Borderlinx that will give you a US address you can ship things to, which they will then forward to your Canadian address. There is a cost associated with this, so you'll have to sign up, see what the rate is and do the math to see if it's worth it. I used it once before to buy some drone poo poo from a company that wouldn't ship to Canada because they were too small a company to bother(their words) but I wanted their poo poo.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.
I wanted to listen to an album on Youtube while I was getting ready this morning but it had a loving ad after every song and my phone doesn't have adblock.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

I got a new magnetic phone mount for my car but the metal plate you stick to your phone interferes with my wireless charger, so I have to take my phone case off to use the wireless charger in which case I might as well just plug it in!

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

I want to lay on my side and read my phone on the couch but the cat snoozing on my chest is having none of it. Human furniture must remain upright for maximum feline comfort.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

Picnic Princess posted:

I was gonna pay $10 for an amazon filter but realized I should prob get a $60 one, made in Germany, for my fancy new lens and both increased my credit card debt terribly but the lens is loving gorgeous and the filter is amazing and I don't know how to feel about the whole situation. $, but gorgeousness. :/

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

Reverse FWP?
I got up to pee during a Heroes of the Storm match and my friends went absolutely apeshit on me over it. Like, gently caress you guys. It wasn't like I went up during the middle of brain surgery or doing air traffic control. It's just a loving game. Sorry I inconvenienced the outcome of your mindless entertainment... but not really.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

bring back old gbs posted:

FYI there are services like Borderlinx that will give you a US address you can ship things to, which they will then forward to your Canadian address. There is a cost associated with this, so you'll have to sign up, see what the rate is and do the math to see if it's worth it. I used it once before to buy some drone poo poo from a company that wouldn't ship to Canada because they were too small a company to bother(their words) but I wanted their poo poo.

There are similar places that will just hold it for you until you go pick it up.

Depends on how close you are to the border and your gas mileage I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Aphrodite posted:

There are similar places that will just hold it for you until you go pick it up.

Depends on how close you are to the border and your gas mileage I guess.

I'm an hour from the border and used to send everything to a border town for pickup and hope the guard isn't a dick who wants to make me pay import tax that day because that's what everyone does and it's so much cheaper.

Turns out unless it's a heavy piece of equipment or multiple items it's usually only a few bux cheaper to pay import tax and shipping. So unless my fuel tank is almost empty and I can fill up on inferior US gas fuckit.