Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AfroGunsou
Dec 8, 2009

:yeah:
Something ive been curious about for a while that someone should now be able to be answered pretty easily:

For games like puyo puyo tetris that were on the japanese eshop without English language support but then later came out in english, did the japanese version get patched to support the other languages or anything like that
Does it show as purchased across all the eshops like other games have so far or is it a different purchase for each region

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

AfroGunsou posted:

Something ive been curious about for a while that someone should now be able to be answered pretty easily:

For games like puyo puyo tetris that were on the japanese eshop without English language support but then later came out in english, did the japanese version get patched to support the other languages or anything like that
Does it show as purchased across all the eshops like other games have so far or is it a different purchase for each region

I can tell you without having done it myself there's no way a purchase counts across regions

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I can tell you without having done it myself there's no way a purchase counts across regions
It does for other games, as the OP mentioned. If I go to the NA eShop, it shows Snipperclips as having been purchased, even though I bought it on the EU eShop.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

The giantbomb guys said after they got codes he went to check the Japanese shop and it said didn't own. Big releases probably won't let you.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I bought PPT because I love Tetris

Also bought it off the US eShop cause fuuuuuuuuuuuck paying 50% more for it just-because-Australia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NEaXDhKQw0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXYuAzVwf44

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Games that I own on the UK shop are seen as purchased on the US shop and vice versa.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Jeff also said that the Japanese PPT did not get patched with English.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Amusingly it did get a recent patch despite being out for like three years but it wasn't to add an English language option.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Is it the Switch's third anniversary already? And it still has no games!!

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Wait this isn't the PS4 thread

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Tell you what MK8 better get a midnight launch here in the land down-under or there'll be a very passive-aggressive tweet sent out

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I'm just kidding, I'd delete the tweet before I sent it

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Sakurazuka posted:

No matter where you may think you're posting, every fifth post will go to this thread.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Sakurazuka posted:

Well duh, we're not talking about Bloodborne or how the Uncharted games are actually bad.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Bloodborne would be a lot better if it were a series of party games centered around the various joycon functions.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
The difficulty in Puyo Puyo Tetris ramps up suddenly at the end of Chapter 3 in the story. I had to learn what T-Spins were to keep up.

I've definitely played Tetris post-1999, but apparently I was a major scrub :v:

Tempura Wizard
Sep 15, 2006

spending all
spending
spending all my time

Sakurazuka posted:

Amusingly it did get a recent patch despite being out for like three years but it wasn't to add an English language option.

It was a patch to change the name of "National Puzzle League" to "World Puzzle League" and added more region options. That's about it.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

sippin some olde english 800 and playing some puyo

99 problems but korobeiniki ain't one

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
I thought the Sonic Forces footage looked dope

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

Sad!

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Hey OP, would you please add the spreadsheet to the OP?

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

Infinitum posted:

Who gives a rats about Sonic

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I'm guessing it will be a similar deal to other cross platform games as well. 60fps on other platforms, 30 on Switch

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The Sonic Cycle has broken many a manchild

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

It looked really really bad, OP. Also can we stop with green hill zone jfc.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

My kid won't let me stop playing Wonder Boy 3: The Dragons Trap.

Here has decided he also wants me to play the sequels:

Wonder Boy 4: The Dragons Trick
Wonder Boy 5: The Dragons Train
Wonder Boy 6: The Dragons Tron
Wonder Boy 15: The Dragons Trial
Wonder Boy 8: The Dragons Trail

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The Megadrive Wonderboy in Monsterland is a legit good game if you have anything to run it on.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Can I play Mario Kart on the Switch yet?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Cartoon Man posted:

No.

Sadly.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Cartoon Man posted:

No, Switch has no good exclusive games until Friday! sorry!

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

gently caress

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Sure would be nice to be playing Mario Kart right now.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Is today Friday? It feels like a Friday.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Hey OP, would you please add the spreadsheet to the OP?

Oh yeah, sure, hit me up with the link/image through PM and I'll get it up sometime this week

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

Did anybody else's copy of Puyo Puyo Tetris come with some weird shaped brown scraps of paper in the box? What are they? What does it mean?

They don't have any secret messages if you put them in water. :(

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Tweaked slightly, froze the headers so its easier to scroll and know what you're looking at.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

Did anybody else's copy of Puyo Puyo Tetris come with some weird shaped brown scraps of paper in the box? What are they? What does it mean?

you just killed two infant snipperclips

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Mine did. I think it's just the cheapest possible packing material to help the mostly-empty box keep its shape.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

Yep.

They're supposed to be padding for the keychains, though there's not enough of it to hold them in place and nothing in the box for them to scratch up or get damaged by, so I don't know why they were included. Cheaper than a full cardboard insert to hold things in place, I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
Bashing the PS4 is dumb both PS4 and switch are good and cool. Show the love my friends.

• Locked thread