Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BobMorane
Oct 25, 2010
So Mélenchon is (understandably, imho) refusing to give direct voting directions for the second round.

However, as he is "the candidate of the people", he launched an online consultation to let his supporters chose what the "official" stance of les Insoumis will be: Macron, null or abstention.
From what I can tell, you only need to provide an Email address, a name and a postal code to participate, which seems stupidly open to abuse...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.
It's also not helping that Macron seems to be making a bunch of blunders at the moment. Case in point: he announced that he's going to visit a factory that might close in Amiens. What it means is that he's meeting with trade union reps at the local chamber of commerce. Meanwhile, Le Pen is making a surprise visit at the actual plant:

https://twitter.com/BFMTV/status/857191851316715525
"When I heard that Macron didn't intend to come meet these factory workers, on this picket line [...] I thought it was a proof of... So much contempt for what these factory workers are living, that I decided to stop my strategy meeting and come see them."

Macron's reaction? "Mrs Le Pen is haranguing political activists on a parking lot":

https://twitter.com/BFMTV/status/857193286372651009

:doh:

Edit: Like, I do prefer Macron to Le Pen. But holy poo poo, if he keeps doing poo poo like this, he's actually going to manage to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

Kassad fucked around with this message at 12:44 on Apr 26, 2017

Agnosticnixie
Jan 6, 2015
On second thought the debate might be a good idea just so that she has a full blown meltdown, because if anyone can gently caress up a 30 points lead it sounds like the french center-right can.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

If u don't like macron ur a troll :colbert: - Le nouvelobs

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Kassad posted:

Edit: Like, I do prefer Macron to Le Pen. But holy poo poo, if he keeps doing poo poo like this, he's actually going to manage to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

neoliberal_centrism.txt

BobMorane
Oct 25, 2010

Kassad posted:

And, of course, official Sarkozy support, a poisoned gift if there was ever one !
http://www.lemonde.fr/election-pres...84_4854003.html

Pluskut Tukker
May 20, 2012

unpacked robinhood posted:

If u don't like macron ur a troll :colbert: - Le nouvelobs

Uh, what? The article in the Nouvel Observateur is about genuine trolls organising to stop Macron. IT doesn't by any means suggest what you say it does.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Kassad posted:

"When I heard that Macron didn't intend to come meet these factory workers, on this picket line [...] I thought it was a proof of... So much contempt for what these factory workers are living"

The sad thing is that she is absolutely right about that.

Macron is the "buy a suit" guy, if you forgot.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

jBrereton posted:

It's insanely good to make le pen win, because that will show those bankers you don't like them (never mind the beurs, blacks, gays, women, left, rest of the EU, refugees, etc.)

what if you hate ((((bankers))))

Democrazy
Oct 16, 2008

If you're not willing to lick the boot, then really why are you in politics lol? Everything is a cycle of just getting stomped on so why do you want to lose to it over and over, just submit like me, I'm very intelligent.
I just read an interview with Marion Marechal-Le Pen. Her name has nothing to do with the Marechal Petain, right? It's not that blatant?

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma

Pluskut Tukker posted:

Uh, what? The article in the Nouvel Observateur is about genuine trolls organising to stop Macron. IT doesn't by any means suggest what you say it does.

I thought they didn't do so well in sunlight. Are they going to hold up signs that can be read as you cross the bridge?

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Democrazy posted:

I just read an interview with Marion Marechal-Le Pen. Her name has nothing to do with the Marechal Petain, right? It's not that blatant?

Her name is because her mother married someone named Samuel Maréchal. (And cuckholded him with a Mossad spy because lulz.)

It's just a coincidence but don't worry, she's been nicknamed Marionette (puppet) and Maréchal-nous-voilŕ (title of a Pétainist anthem) already.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Kassad posted:

Look people i voted Jacques "THE NOISE AND THE SMELL" Chirac and i will vote Emmanuel "Pulled out of someone rear end" Macron but let's be honest Macron, it's the amateur hour.

Democrazy posted:

Maréchal was Pétain's rank, in her case it's just her father name. It's like some girl was the daughter of a member of the lee family who married mister general.

Toplowtech fucked around with this message at 14:14 on Apr 26, 2017

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
you'd think it's be easier to vote for macron than chirac but i was 11 in 2002 so what do i know

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Is it worse for Macron to go there and promise that their jobs are safe (doubt they would be pleased with anything else) or not get involved in something he can't win?
Hollande sort of did this with a foundry in Floranges during his campaign and it wasn't good.
He is a banker so gently caress him though.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Kurtofan posted:

you'd think it's be easier to vote for macron than chirac but i was 11 in 2002 so what do i know
Yeah, it's insane. Charismatic :smug: rear end in a top hat i never liked beats mister not-on-the-parking-lot-so-i-must-shout-FOR-YOU-TO-HEAR-ME:ssj: by a mile in term of pure charisma, color me surprised.
Edit: Lol Attali just said "Whirpool is anecdotic". Who the gently caress dragged Attali out of the hospice?

Toplowtech fucked around with this message at 14:38 on Apr 26, 2017

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
im wondering why people like macron even want to run for public office, surely there are better ways to win money for a banker than trying to become the most hated man in the country.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Kurtofan posted:

im wondering why people like macron even want to run for public office, surely there are better ways to win money for a banker than trying to become the most hated man in the country.

Vanity, ambition, narcissism. Pick as many as you feel like.

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009

Kurtofan posted:

There's good money in it. Make the country an all-you-can-eat buffet for bankers for the next five years, and reap the benefits once you're out through the talking circuits, consulting and all that good good stuff. Unless things get so bad they precipitate the fall of capitalism, he'll get his rewards in the end.

Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

I humbly offer my services as forum inquisitor. There is absolutely no way I would abuse this power in any way.

100% narcissism in this instance

The dude's movement is named after himself. I'm pretty sure he has a huge mirror in his bedroom so he can watch himself having sex

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Flowers For Algeria posted:

The dude's movement is named after himself. I'm pretty sure he has a huge mirror in his bedroom so he can watch himself having sex

Nah. Wall-to-wall projections of his glorious speeches.

Lord of the Llamas
Jul 9, 2002

EULER'VE TO SEE IT VENN SOMEONE CALLS IT THE WRONG THING AND PROVOKES MY WRATH

Having sex. With his teacher. Which is completely normal.

eshock
Sep 2, 2004

Kurtofan posted:

He was groomed for the role by the establishment, just as he was groomed by his french teacher 15 years prior.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Lord of the Llamas posted:

Well when the "normality" is defined by people who married the daughter of their former lover.

Toplowtech fucked around with this message at 15:43 on Apr 26, 2017

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Couldn't tell you really, we were driving aimlessly near the border between luxembourg, France and Belgium.

Maybe you were accidentally driving into Luxembourg, France and Belgium? :v:

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005

Lord of the Llamas posted:

Who cares but the anglos?

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Libluini posted:

Maybe you were accidentally driving into Luxembourg, France and Belgium? :v:

I know it was Germany, mainly because i remember interesting food options. It's always worth crossing the border to stock up on pasta, organic stuff, fresh and canned food etc.
Luxembourg is for filling up the tank.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

ElNarez posted:

There's good money in it. Make the country an all-you-can-eat buffet for bankers for the next five years, and reap the benefits once you're out through the talking circuits, consulting and all that good good stuff. Unless things get so bad they precipitate the fall of capitalism, he'll get his rewards in the end.

Yeah, these people usually get all sorts of bullshit consulting jobs after their term is up...for whatever reason.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
I wonder how much BNP Paribas, Credit Agricole, and Societe Generale will pay him in speaking fees after a stint as president.

Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

I humbly offer my services as forum inquisitor. There is absolutely no way I would abuse this power in any way.

Pinch Me Im Meming posted:

Who cares but the anglos?

Freud has expressed a lot of interest in this second round, which pits a candidate who married his mother against one who killed her father.

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005

vyelkin posted:

I wonder how much BNP Paribas, Credit Agricole, and Societe Generale will pay him in speaking fees after a stint as president.

Sarkozy's rate was (is?) 200'000€ per conference.

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005

Freud has expressed a lot of interest in this second round, which pits a candidate who married his mother against one who killed her father.

"Children, wire your brains to the supernet, today we're studying the XXIst century Oedipus Election."

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Toplowtech posted:

Well when the "normality" is defined by people who married the daughter of their former lover.

As long as they're not openly talking about how much they want to bone their own daughter...

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

I know it was Germany, mainly because i remember interesting food options. It's always worth crossing the border to stock up on pasta, organic stuff, fresh and canned food etc.
Luxembourg is for filling up the tank.

... and belgium was for comic relief?

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

double nine posted:

... and belgium was for comic relief?

Belgium is just for passing through.

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
I passed through Belgium various times on car and train and never actually set foot on it, there never was any reason or temptation to

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Cat Mattress posted:

Belgium is just for passing through.

No it's not. I don't know how or why but somehow the roads in Belgium are just loving horrid compared to every neighboring country.

To slow down a future German invasion maybe?

e: On the topic of Belgium. A friend of mine went to some nightclub in Brussels once and said that people were pissing and pooping on the floor and everybody was wearing boots. Don't know if that's true but I don't really know what's what about Belgium.

Randarkman fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Apr 26, 2017

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Sounds like your friend doesn't know how to have a good time.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
probably a themed party

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

Randarkman posted:

No it's not. I don't know how or why but somehow the roads in Belgium are just loving horrid compared to every neighboring country.

To slow down a future German invasion maybe?

e: On the topic of Belgium. A friend of mine went to some nightclub in Brussels once and said that people were pissing and pooping on the floor and everybody was wearing boots. Don't know if that's true but I don't really know what's what about Belgium.

Do I believe that the nightclubs in Belgium as a rule are high boots pooping-fests? No. Do I believe that there is a nightclub somewhere (perhaps in Belgium) where everyone wears boots and poops on the floor? Absolutely.

EDIT: Probably not in Europe though. That's got to violate some kind of code.