Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

gret posted:

Americans have plenty of experience enduring a multiclass society where only the top class has a handle at winning overall.

:smugdon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
I asked one thing from you guys just one thing ugh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHFkd8fgBFQ

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Wirth1000 posted:

I asked one thing from you guys just one thing ugh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHFkd8fgBFQ

lmao that the journalist passenger sees exactly what's about to go down before the ~~~racing driver~~~ does

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

gret posted:

Americans have plenty of experience enduring a multiclass society where only the top class has a handle at winning overall.

See 'Trump'

Efb

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Theophany posted:

lmao that the journalist passenger sees exactly what's about to go down before the ~~~racing driver~~~ does

One of the links for that clip always makes me laugh. Damon Hill makes his passenger puke and all the while Damon is just talking in his nonchalant way while his passenger is having a melt down.
https://youtu.be/S3NSMx7Ev5A

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

One of the links for that clip always makes me laugh. Damon Hill makes his passenger puke and all the while Damon is just talking in his nonchalant way while his passenger is having a melt down.

Didn't Sabine Schmitz do that to Chris Evens on Top Gear as well?

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I didnt know Sabine Schmitz' but she should be on F1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KiC03_wVjc

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-uy6kz8NLM

Great Team.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

iospace posted:

Didn't Sabine Schmitz do that to Chris Evens on Top Gear as well?

I don't know if she made him vomit but she made Rory Reid nearly poo poo his pants. It was in the new fancy Golf

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvV-ILBCzQw

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Paul Stewart said he actually got a letter of apology from an exec at Ford after a few years of the Jaguar team running saying the really underestimated what they were able to accomplish with the limited resources they had.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Gigi Galli posted:

I don't know if she made him vomit but she made Rory Reid nearly poo poo his pants. It was in the new fancy Golf

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvV-ILBCzQw

You can be forgiven for not actually watching Evans' Top Gear but yes, she made him puke.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

What makes it even better is that the 'journalist' in that clip is an insufferable oval office.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

I like how "HUUUUUR SHARK FIN NO LOOK GOOD BAN IT MY EYES HURT" is all you need to ban a part.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

No that's not really why they were banned.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Basticle posted:

You can be forgiven for not actually watching Evans' Top Gear but yes, she made him puke.

I haven't watched that season beyond the first episode because he was so bad.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

dentist toy box posted:

I like how "HUUUUUR SHARK FIN NO LOOK GOOD BAN IT MY EYES HURT" is all you need to ban a part.

If that's true why did we have dick noses for so long?

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

dentist toy box posted:

I certainly wouldn't ban Claire Williams if you catch my drift....

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I think the halo is a dumb idea. They should bring back 70s visor.

With fewer deaths please.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Gigi Galli posted:

I haven't watched that season beyond the first episode because he was so bad.

Yeah it was terrible, I havent watched Top Gear since. Now The Grand Tour on Amazon... that is amazing.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

The Grand Tour is pretty bad, it's like Top Gear without the ability to suspend disbelief for even one second.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
I've yet to watch The Grand Tour but what I've heard is that the first episode is pretty amazing like something out of Top Gear at its peak but then it quickly fell off a cliff after that.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

wicka posted:

The Grand Tour is pretty bad, it's like Top Gear without the ability to suspend disbelief for even one second.

Old New Top Gear died to give us two lesser shows, New New Top Gear has gotten a lot better in the second season, and I don't see why Fake New Top Gear can't do the same.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Clarkson/May/Hammond is pretty bad without the constraints imposed by the BBC, but hey I'm still watching. I stopped watching Top Gear after the first two with Chris Evans though.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

wicka posted:

This is a bad opinion. Both shows are great.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Idk if they're still doing it but the thing where they kill every celebrity guest is insanely unfunny and got old the very first time they did it.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

wicka posted:

Idk if they're still doing it but the thing where they kill every celebrity guest is insanely unfunny and got old the very first time they did it.

Yeah that lasted the entire season, I hope it goes away in season 2.

gret posted:

Clarkson/May/Hammond is pretty bad without the constraints imposed by the BBC, but hey I'm still watching. I stopped watching Top Gear after the first two with Chris Evans though.

You should just skip to post-Evans New New Top Gear, it's been a pretty decent season.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

wicka posted:

Yeah I agree but at the same time that wasn't exactly a new problem, it was an issue during their last few series on top gear.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

The Top Gear with Chris Harris, Rory Reid and Joey from friends is good. I also like Eddie Jordan because he's an rear end in a top hat.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
The GT fake military assault one where they kept dying and repeating was like the worst thing I've ever seen them do.

Conversely, the short bit they did with May hanging out at a burnout party in South Africa (I think) was great. Hopefully they figure out that people just like them doing realistic/somewhat realistic car poo poo

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

wicka posted:

It was Ok. It's probably just a dig at the BBC not allowing them to have a celebrity chat segment. I liked the one where they had to squeegee the blood off the windows.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

gret posted:

F1 2017: I liked the one where they had to squeegee the blood off the windows.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Hopefully they figure out that people just like them doing realistic/somewhat realistic car poo poo

Exactly! It was great because they'd semi-sincerely review million dollar cars, then build a space shuttle. And they did enough real shenanigans (like killing Hammond) that you were never quite sure what not to believe, even though you knew tons of it was scripted. Now it completely lacks any nuance or heart. I saw another segment last season where we were supposed to believe Hammond and May were knocking down Clarkson's house. It was just so bad and pointless.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

That actually happened though. Clarkson wanted to build a new home so they turned the demolition into that segment.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

wicka posted:

Exactly! It was great because they'd semi-sincerely review million dollar cars, then build a space shuttle. And they did enough real shenanigans (like killing Hammond) that you were never quite sure what not to believe, even though you knew tons of it was scripted. Now it completely lacks any nuance or heart. I saw another segment last season where we were supposed to believe Hammond and May were knocking down Clarkson's house. It was just so bad and pointless.

That actually happened. Clarkson built a new house where the old was previously. It made the news because the local villagers were outraged when they blew up his house without warning them first.

Twice in one day :fb

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I haven't seen it but I have a very clear image in my mind of Clarkson "acting" all shocked and what are you doing I can't believe this, and now I'm cringing to my very soul.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

They generally were at their best when the played to the naive aspirational elements of car culture.

Like the whole cheap car challenge was generally great because everybody has those thoughts that they can get these great cars on the cheap if they just look hard enough as a teenager, and if you did buy one what happened on top gear generally was pretty close to the truth.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

I know that they actually destroyed a house, my point is that (like LC said) Clarkson was very poorly acting shocked the entire time, as if we were supposed to believe they were knocking down the house he currently lived in.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
I watch the three guys for the road trips to be honest they are generally pretty great. I can do without the in house stuff though. The dying celebrities segment was truly awful and I cringed in every episode when May for some reason would look all dumb and say 'does that mean they are not coming on then?' followed by a Hammond bullshit attempt at Blackadder humour.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
The question I have is; is the grand tour better or worse than the India special?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

learnincurve posted:

The question I have is; is the grand tour better or worse than the India special?

No much is better than the India special. Maybe Bhurma is.

• Locked thread