Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Lakbay posted:

Sweet wanted to try Alienation and Tales

I updated it but apparently Alienation is EU only. US is getting Abzu.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Alienation is really good. Shame NA is hosed out of getting it

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

yea that's a bummer but at least we're not getting total trash or something. abzu is a really nice looking game that's kinda like journey but not as good. if you're into marine life, you'll probably like it

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Are people pissed about this? This seems like something you'd give away, like the Horizon 2 Fast and Furious game. I think the fact that they had to do a cross branding scheme for expansion content shows how bad it is for the Xbox brand right now.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Feeling lucky suddenly since I have Abzu but not Alienation.

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side

Obsurveyor posted:

Are people pissed about this? This seems like something you'd give away, like the Horizon 2 Fast and Furious game. I think the fact that they had to do a cross branding scheme for expansion content shows how bad it is for the Xbox brand right now.

I have no idea, but it's the internet, so probably. I love dumb stunt racer type games so am looking forward to it. I think Forza is pretty succesful so I'd be surprised if they "had" to do it or it's a sign of desperation or anything. But I don't really follow xbox sites/threads etc so could be wrong.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Manatee Cannon posted:

yea that's a bummer but at least we're not getting total trash or something. abzu is a really nice looking game that's kinda like journey but not as good. if you're into marine life, you'll probably like it

I played and loved journey. Abzu was not fun after that. gently caress the walk speed out of water and getting stun locked forever in that large minefield room.

gently caress that shark too. Hes not my friend and never will be

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Yay free Abzu!

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Obsurveyor posted:

I don't know why anyone would be pissed about this, it looks fun. Stunt races were one of the most fun things added to GTA online and this looks like that but better.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

DrNutt posted:

I don't know why anyone would be pissed about this, it looks fun. Stunt races were one of the most fun things added to GTA online and this looks like that but better.

Oh wait, Horizon is the less serious Forza isn't it? I was thinking people would be really annoyed with all the toy stuff in their serious racing game.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Real hurthling! posted:

I played and loved journey. Abzu was not fun after that. gently caress the walk speed out of water and getting stun locked forever in that large minefield room.

gently caress that shark too. Hes not my friend and never will be

the walking controls are bad and idk why you need to move like a geriatric penguin, but you don't spend much time out of water. never got stunlocked in any minefield so idk what to say on that one

that shark is a good pal tho

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
Yeah the shark is a bud.

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010
Do I need to know anything about the other Borderlands games to get the most out of the Tales game? Is the story pretty self contained/welcoming to newcomers? I've heard everyone say it's really good so I'm pretty happy to play it. Abzu sounds like it's Journey underwater but not quite as good so I'm cool with that because Journey was rad as hell.

I'd love to know why the NA/EU lineup is slightly different though, it hasn't done that for a long time. Some licensing thing maybe?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Spalec posted:

Do I need to know anything about the other Borderlands games to get the most out of the Tales game? Is the story pretty self contained/welcoming to newcomers? I've heard everyone say it's really good so I'm pretty happy to play it. Abzu sounds like it's Journey underwater but not quite as good so I'm cool with that because Journey was rad as hell.

I'd love to know why the NA/EU lineup is slightly different though, it hasn't done that for a long time. Some licensing thing maybe?

I've never played more than 10 minutes of the other Borderlands games and Takes was still good.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Tales uses the source material much better than the actual source material. :v:

There's some references but it's perfectly fine on its own.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

the story barely exists in the first borderlands and is plain bad in the second one

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe
Dang, I already own Abzu but it's a wonderful game. I've also heard great things about Tales but avoided it for not having played the other Borderlands games, but for free I'll definitely give it a shot.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

glam rock hamhock posted:

I updated it but apparently Alienation is EU only. US is getting Abzu.

gently caress I thought it was the over way around. Since I already have Tales I guess I don't give a poo poo this month!

quote:

It looks fun! Though I have the f2p Forza on PC since I don't have an xbone so I don't really care either way.

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

Obsurveyor posted:

As someone who doesn't care about the Bone or Forza, Hot Wheels also has DLC in Rocket League, who are absolutely not hurting for money. I think Hot Wheels just really wanted to get its name out in the video game market right now.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Toilet Rascal
It must be getting harder and harder to convince kids to play with real physical toy cars.

Neron
Jan 14, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6i2E8Xo9Lg

So apparently they are making an Outcast remake, should be out by this autumn.

I played the gently caress out of the original so at first I was like gently caress YEAH I LOVED THAT GAME, but looking at that trailer.. ehhhh. At least it seems to stay true to the original. My nostalgia glasses are so big for Outcast though so will definitely buy unless it turns out to be a complete shitfest.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Outcast was a cool game. Voxels are the poo poo. I remember playing the demo off a pc gamer disc and being blown away.

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax
I was kind of getting fed up of Nier till i put it down to easy, I didn't realise it actively played itself but man that's kinda great.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Ah nice another month where the ps plus games are actually good but I own all of them. And EU gets something I don't own and want to boot!

effervescible
Jun 29, 2012

i will eat your soul

Sakurazuka posted:

I've never played more than 10 minutes of the other Borderlands games and Takes was still good.

I never played any of them and I loved TFTBL.

J2DK
Oct 6, 2004

Playtime has ended.
Is this compatible with the PS4 pro for internal use? What would be preferable: 64 mb cache with 7200 RPMs or 128 mb cache with 5400 RPMs?

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822148910&cm_re=2_tb_hard_drive-_-22-148-910-_-Product

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

J2DK posted:

Is this compatible with the PS4 pro for internal use? What would be preferable: 64 mb cache with 7200 RPMs or 128 mb cache with 5400 RPMs?

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822148910&cm_re=2_tb_hard_drive-_-22-148-910-_-Product

You'll need a laptop hard drive. A desktop is too big.

Hogscraper
Nov 6, 2004

Audio master
Limited Run has finally shown off the third box variant for the Night Trap physical release. They hired an artist to recreate the original painting digitally and it was not finished in time for submission to Sony so we were not able to include it in the trailer.

The artist's Facebook page is here... https://www.facebook.com/Art-of-Grimbro-141427935883292/

Only registered members can see post attachments!

J2DK
Oct 6, 2004

Playtime has ended.

mateo360 posted:

You'll need a laptop hard drive. A desktop is too big.

Oh. I didn't notice that I was on a desktop one. Thanks!

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Hogscraper posted:

Limited Run has finally shown off the third box variant for the Night Trap physical release. They hired an artist to recreate the original painting digitally and it was not finished in time for submission to Sony so we were not able to include it in the trailer.

The artist's Facebook page is here... https://www.facebook.com/Art-of-Grimbro-141427935883292/

... That is not nearly as good as the one shown in the trailer

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

Since Burnout 3 was brought up in this thread recently, the creators of Burnout have made a new game that's essentially Crash Mode from Burnout. It's called Danger Zone and it'll be out sometime next month for $13.

Hogscraper
Nov 6, 2004

Audio master

glam rock hamhock posted:

... That is not nearly as good as the one shown in the trailer

I def prefer the Sega CD blue stripe style over all of them.

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.
I'd prefer the red box since it's (based on) the box my brother and I had back in the day.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
I just beat the final boss of Gravity Rush 2 and that part might be the most severe tonal shift I've ever seen in any media. I definitely didn't think the game would go in a Parasite Eve / Resident Evil 6 / Akira direction. Seriously, what the heck.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Renoistic posted:

I just beat the final boss of Gravity Rush 2 and that part might be the most severe tonal shift I've ever seen in any media. I definitely didn't think the game would go in a Parasite Eve / Resident Evil 6 / Akira direction. Seriously, what the heck.

The game keeps going for another 3 hours after the credits btw

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Hogscraper posted:

I def prefer the Sega CD blue stripe style over all of them.

Same. I'm really excited for this release, never got around to playing the original.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

Real hurthling! posted:

The game keeps going for another 3 hours after the credits btw

Thanks yeah I'm playing it right now. Still, it seems they had no idea what to do with the overarching story. Makes me wish it would just have been a slice-of-life story about a super heroine and her friends instead of... whatever this is.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The director is best friends with Yoko Taro if that explains anything.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Just FYI the new titanfall update/dlc was dropped yesterday

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Atlus changed their rules for streaming P5

http://atlus.com/update-persona-5-streaming/