Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

That DICK! posted:

I don't get why they have such an easy time loving everyone on every other issue but health care they suddenly grow like, an amoeba sized conscience

most of them rely on rural voters and obamacare was actually a huge loving help to those people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Fallen Hamprince posted:

extremely smooth oiled bigly healthcare machine that is winning, winning, winning status:

https://twitter.com/byrdinator/status/857282124302479360

mormonpartyboat posted:

https://twitter.com/pdmcleod/status/857281531794128896

this dude was a 'yes' through the last fiasco and is in a moderate district

poo poo gonna get funny ya'll

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
trolling voice is going to be so mich fun holy hell

i guess just make sure you do it carefully cause making false statements to a matyer within thr jurisdiction of a government agrmcy is, in facg, a crime

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I thought we'd moved on from the fascism phase to the bumbling, hilarious incompetence phase.

I forgot they were the same. :smith:

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

That DICK! posted:

I don't get why they have such an easy time loving everyone on every other issue but health care they suddenly grow like, an amoeba sized conscience

Because some Republicans races are funded almost entirely with healthcare money. It must be perfect for those donors or nothing is getting by them.

Not to mention republicans are going back to their districts filled with pissed off Dems and Republicans. They can't win on healthcare, ever. They hosed themselves.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

have the full tax plan details leaked yet

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

triple sulk posted:

more money for us (1%)

gently caress you

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

triple sulk posted:

ya

quote:

gently caress YOU DUMB IDIOTS

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

unfortunately lest we forget, Arzy Was Right

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Shageletic posted:

not ones passed by Congress.

edit; which NAFTA, AFAIK, was.

Your right

Nafta isn't a treaty lol

The more you know

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Nonsense posted:

Because some Republicans races are funded almost entirely with healthcare money. It must be perfect for those donors or nothing is getting by them.

Not to mention republicans are going back to their districts filled with pissed off Dems and Republicans. They can't win on healthcare, ever. They hosed themselves.

lmebo 'races', theres only one that votes republican

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Gringostar posted:

more money for us (1%)

gently caress you

nice

msnbc talking about some tiny dumb town thinking that finishing a highway (i-49) will bring back their dumb factory jobs

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

ex post facho posted:

trolling voice is going to be so mich fun holy hell

i guess just make sure you do it carefully cause making false statements to a matyer within thr jurisdiction of a government agrmcy is, in facg, a crime

my bathtub is international waters

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

Shageletic posted:

not ones passed by Congress.

edit; which NAFTA, AFAIK, was.

NAFTA's Article 2205 seems to give the president the power do just that if I'm reading it right.

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Nonsense posted:

I imagine NAFTA was challenged in the courts in the 90s??
N A M E P O S T C O M B O U N L O C K E D

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

triple sulk posted:

nice

msnbc talking about some tiny dumb town thinking that finishing a highway (i-49) will bring back their dumb factory jobs

how

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Trump cannot utilaterally pull the USA out of nafta since it's not a treaty

I am sorry

BurntCornMuffin
Jan 9, 2009

That DICK! posted:

That's not a conscience so much as a self-preservation instinct. Some of these people know that only olds vote for them, and want them to survive long enough to vote for them again.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

Action boy now, action girl now, be prepared to swim across the ocean

Holy gently caress, that was devo.

Holy gently caress, RHCP was in that movie.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

lorn Wayne posted:

petition to change everyone named mike's surname to 'rotch' tia.

even mr hunt-burns, mike?

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

trump

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
cant wait for gorsuch to fishmech the hell out of the first case brought to SCOTUS on the issue of trolling VOICE

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

according to my sources, bing bing bong bong.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Just went I think you couldn't POSSIBLY post any more terrible power rangers gifs, you do something like this... and totally redeem yourself!

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

hi ive been busy this morning so they announced an office just to produce campaign sound bytes and creepy old ladies to trot out on stage for republicans running on the "genocide the muslims and mexicans" platform??????

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Nonsense posted:

i hope they keep trying to fight on healthcare now that people have gotten used to it. that is the winning move

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

have you ever tried to build a town in sim city without roads mr wizard

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
uhhhhh crap turns out not than many immigrants commit crimes and in fact do so at a much lower rate

sayyyyyyyyy

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

That DICK! posted:

Healthcare is less abstract than a lot of other issues, which prevents (but doesn't totally negate) vigorous Republican loving.

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

euphronius posted:

I am sorry

I feel like this one is gonna go to the SCOTUS and unfortunately trump probably wins

I don't see how NAFTA isn't a treaty

otoh maybe this really is just a negotiating position

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

euphronius posted:

I am sorry

As much as I hope for this to be the case and his XO laughed at, it looks like the treaty was designed to allow the President to withdraw as though it were a normal trade agreement or whatever.

a cat irl
Feb 13, 2010

ooze for surgeon general

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

a cat irl posted:

ooze for surgeon general

We can't have a non-canon, movie only character in the cabinet. It'd be very disrespectful!

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Al! posted:

uhhhhh crap turns out not than many immigrants commit crimes and in fact do so at a much lower rate

sayyyyyyyyy

lol yeah I'm sure Hufflepuff Jackoff Sessions and Donald "retweeted white supremacist 'thug' memes" Trump wouldn't stoop to just making poo poo up Nazi-style

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Haha

Man ppl were more badass in the 19th C

quote:

At the Lake Shore station the doors and windows were closed, but a striker with a sharp eye discovered that freight handlers were at work inside. The doors were broken down and a crowd 1,000 strong forced its way into the building. A couple of policemen tried to drive the intruders out, but, of course, could not. Capt. Buckley and a squad of men had better luck, and the crowd tumbled out into the street.

e:

quote:

Both margins of the rush lapped into the fringing saloon, lapped them dry, and rushed out again, running a little slower for the detention. Some incendiary speeches advising that the torch be applied to the lumber yards were made.

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment
I have no skeleton left. I am a slime monster.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Typo posted:

I feel like this one is gonna go to the SCOTUS and unfortunately trump probably wins

I don't see how NAFTA isn't a treaty

otoh maybe this really is just a negotiating position

Nafta was an act passed by both houses and signed by Willy . It's a regular dumb law.

Treaties require 2/3 approval of senate . Nafta would never have got 2/3 rds of the senate

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

euphronius posted:

I am sorry

duh, they're congressional-executive agreements which is exactly why he can withdraw at will under the trade act of 1974

go like 5 pages back hoss

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment
I have no bones yet I must :skeltal:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Bear Retrieval Unit posted:

I have no skeleton left. I am a slime monster.

:same:

• Locked thread