Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

CPL593H posted:

It's because of their special blend of herbs and spices and vehement homophobia.

I know that's company policy, but the one near me has quite a few LGBQT+ employees and they are treated very well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Josh Lyman posted:

Shouldn't KFC have some decent nuggets?

They'd have to have decent chicken first.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

glam rock hamhock posted:

People flipping out over a brand having someone who posts like a human in charge of a social media account is always the lamest poo poo. Like the posts are always trying way too hard and aren't even that amusing but because people are expecting pure marketing drivel, they act like that poo poo is gold. It is funny when it backfires though, like I think the Wendy's Twitter posted a pepe meme not realizing what it was beyond that it was popular, though I guess that didn't have much of an effect on the long run and was forgotten when the account studied sassing McDonald's

The only time I really respect that poo poo is when they do something like tell someone to gently caress off for being homophobic or whatever. Like I think Target replied to someone who posted to Facebook about how they were boycotting Target because of their bathroom policy by telling him they didn't want him as a customer anyways. That stuff I can respect a little at least.

on the other hand the Arby's and Sonic the Hedgehog accounts are hilarious

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.
Why is everyone so into eating chicken particle board?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Sometimes you want chicken parts in your mouth

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

CPL593H posted:

Why is everyone so into eating chicken particle board?
Pretty easy to eat on the go, though I guess fuller tenders would be better.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I was going to say, you guys are fawning over pulverized and processed chicken gizzards and guts.

You people deserve the president you got.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

CelticPredator posted:

...But you can't decide which part, so you eat a composite of chicken parts

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Yes!

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

CelticPredator posted:

I get that, but it's just weird to me that people are arguing which is the best version of what's basically a bunch of the parts they usually throw away ground into pulp, adulterated with weird chemicals, and then fried into a blob.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

CPL593H posted:

I get that, but it's just weird to me that people are arguing which is the best version of what's basically a bunch of the parts they usually throw away ground into pulp, adulterated with weird chemicals, and then fried into a blob.

Ask three of your co-workers to draw a cat. One of them will be closer to what you want out of a cat drawing.

There, now you know how to differentiate between competitors and form an opinion based on taste.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I mean they use different bread and spices to make them, so regardless of it being the same basic thing, it'll taste different in some way.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I like my chicken slime with *this* much seasoning!

It makes a difference!

here's a clip from a show I worked on that's relevant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7agPR4wXoqc

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer
NPR's write-up on Jonathan Demme's death

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
gently caress, Demme did some good poo poo. He was also related to my wife through marriage, so extra sad.

Baron von Eevl fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Apr 26, 2017

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

CelticPredator posted:

I mean they use different bread and spices to make them, so regardless of it being the same basic thing, it'll taste different in some way.

I can throw a handful of garlic powder on a pile of dog poo poo and it's still a pile of dog poo poo.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
"You usually throw that part of the animal out" is largely a matter of economics.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I like chicken nuggets because, especially when freshly fried, I think they taste pretty good, especially for the price :shrug:

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
Got plans to eat pig face in a week or so, getting reservations was hard as hell

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan
I don't hate processed food product.

I hate capitalism.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Heh you lame plebes have opinions on food? I only have opinions on important things, like how long people I don't know's pants are.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

morestuff posted:

Got plans to eat pig face in a week or so, getting reservations was hard as hell

Really? I'd have plenty of reservations about that :rimshot:

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Baron von Eevl posted:

Really? I'd have plenty of reservations about that :rimshot:

Roasted

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

"You usually throw that part of the animal out" is largely a matter of economics.

When the noble Native American tribespeople use every part of the buffalo, they are wise mystical stewards of Mother Earth's bounty. When fast food companies use mechanically-reclaimed meat, they are literally human shitballs and if you eat it just lol at your existence.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Hunters used to claim the organs as prize foods and feed the dogs the bits we now praise as the best cuts of meat

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

As morally questionable as eating animals is (at best), strident advocacy for just throwing parts of them away is bizarre.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

CPL593H posted:

I can throw a handful of garlic powder on a pile of dog poo poo and it's still a pile of dog poo poo.

Yeah but i'd taste different than dog poo poo without it.

I think/

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

CelticPredator posted:

Yeah but i'd taste different than dog poo poo without it.

I think/

don't eat yourself

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Out of all the arguments against processed foods, "it looks gross in raw form" and "it's made from less desirable parts of the animal" always seemed really dumb. Like plenty of proper food looks disgusting and plenty of foods people avoid because they consider them trash foods are delicious. Going after those things really feels like you're just trying to scare 5 year olds, though even then that might be aiming to high because they're was that clip of Jamie Oliver trying to gross kids out of eating chicken nuggets and they just didn't care.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I'm going to try to convince the wife to cut back on our meat eating by a lot. Not full on vegetarian/vegan, but a significant shift from meat errday

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I personally would not eat a pigs face.

I try to avoid eating meat, and try to only stick to chicken if I do eat meat, but my city is not vegetarian friendly.

I don't wanna eat cows or pigs they're so dumb and adorable.

Look how majestic they are:

I have a hard enough time eating this cute thing:

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

wanna eat them all.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

glam rock hamhock posted:

Out of all the arguments against processed foods, "it looks gross in raw form" and "it's made from less desirable parts of the animal" always seemed really dumb. Like plenty of proper food looks disgusting and plenty of foods people avoid because they consider them trash foods are delicious. Going after those things really feels like you're just trying to scare 5 year olds, though even then that might be aiming to high because they're was that clip of Jamie Oliver trying to gross kids out of eating chicken nuggets and they just didn't care.

I love trippa but it's a fool's errand to claim taco bell has the best trippa or whatever poo poo fast food equivalent you want to use.

That being said, at least you guys are talking about nuggets and not taco bell, although judging by the level of gooniness in some posters, I'm sure that option is just an unspoken given.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Complaints about the potitics of the corporate leadership asside, it's strange to see Chic Fil A's hand breaded chicken lumped in with Wendy's, McDonald's, and Burger King.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I'm mainlining so much alien poo poo right now. so many slimy penis'.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Also I wish they'd get someone who had some drat confidence for these lame forced press fan event things. Just one person who isn't a stammering, bad joke delivering person.

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan
Actually, my reservations about pork have to do with how loving smart pigs are, on top of how adorable they are.

Cows, though, they're dumb as gently caress and delicious.

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

I managed to avoid seeing the Alien Covenant trailer until it was shown before Free Fire, and now I'm real hyped.

I can't see myself doing a full series run through – and I don't own AvP anyways – but I'll at least rewatch Alien and Prometheus in advance.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

If you were worried Covenant will ignore Prometheus and do away with the deeper stuff, the scene I just watch proves that no, it will not. And it's going to own.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

CelticPredator posted:

I'm mainlining so much alien poo poo right now. so many slimy penis'.

Penii.

• Locked thread