Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
Assistant, to Trump, "Don't worry sir, I have a few tricks in my sleeve to punch this memo up" *sets font to 13pt*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Burt Sexual posted:

Hmm well it looks like he thought this through quite thoroughly :lol:

He's been working on it since before the election. I'd expect nothing less from the Easy D.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

"America would be doing big great, if it weren't for the damnable business hitting 3,88% Obamatax and the horrible death tax"

- Trump, pressumably

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
America is so lucky this administration is as incompetent as it is lol

Toilet Shoes
Aug 22, 2016

by Lowtax

:discourse:

Malinois
Jun 13, 2003

Dial-a-Dog posted:

Assistant, to Trump, "Don't worry sir, I have a few tricks in my sleeve to punch this memo up" *sets font to 13pt*

:lol:

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Dial-a-Dog posted:

SMH any pro would know to shrink down the margins as well until it hits two pages.

Coco Rodreguiz
Jan 12, 2007

Peckerhead isn't used enough as an insult if you ask me.

LOL This is the biggest lol I've had so far

I Was The Fury
Oct 19, 2012

Always stop to smell the flowers, just in case they're weeds

Lol

He's applying the same rules for his intelligence briefings to his tax reform plan. One page. No big words.

Jukebox Hero
Dec 27, 2007
stars in his eyes
I think I made basically the exact same document in like fourth grade for a social studies class

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

if i tried to turn something liek this in in college i would get laughed at by the professor

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
If there's one thing that's really strangling small business and jobs in America, it's a tax on the wealthy dead, for sure

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

I like how he manages to contradict himself in a document barely a page long. "Eliminate tax breaks for the wealthiest Americans, but also eliminate the estate tax."

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

Chinatown posted:

if i tried to turn something liek this in in high school i would get laughed at by the professor

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

haljordan posted:

I like how he manages to contradict himself in a document barely a page long. "Eliminate tax breaks for the wealthiest Americans, but also eliminate the estate tax."

One is ambiguous and will not happen, the other will ensure the Great American Plutocracy. Fall into the GAP indeed.

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
In case anyone was unaware, btw, estate tax has a federal exemption up to around 5.5 million dollars, so it is like the definition of a tax people get upset about that will never matter to them but really matters to the wealthy

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Economists and the results themselves have shown time and time again that economies are the most prosperous when consumers are too poor to afford anything and stop having children.

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

4/26/17 LOL Post

A Post About Lollin in the LOL Thread

Post Goals
  • Make a post lolling at Trump

Process
  • LOL

I Was The Fury
Oct 19, 2012

Madcosby posted:

4/26/17 LOL Post

A Post About Lollin in the LOL Thread

Post Goals
  • Make a post lolling at Trump

Process
  • LOL

Promises made promises kept

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

turn off the TV posted:

Economists and the results themselves have shown time and time again that economies are the most prosperous when consumers are too poor to afford anything and stop having children.

THat period in the 50's/60s old people love to reminisce about was good for them because the top rate of tax was like 90% lol

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

Did trumbo just use comic sans on an official government document?

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

EVIL Gibson posted:

Did trumbo just use comic sans on an official government document?

No, but it's a sans serif font. Which is pretty lol in and of itself

Jesus Christ
Jun 1, 2000

mods if you can make this my avatar I will gladly pay 10bux to the coffers

System Metternich posted:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/857177434210304001

And again threatening a judge of taking him to court, lol

The bad thing is that Gorsuch's nomination might just make his threat realistic. Lol?

He's on the bench. What would motivate him to cave into Trump?

He may not be an ideal Justice but I can't imagine he doesn't think Trump is a blithering loving idiot.

[edit] oh goddamnit this thread lols way faster than I can catch up with

Viruswithshoes
Mar 26, 2007

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
The one place I've seen estate taxes really hurt middle-class Americans is in the case of farmers.

Farmer owns land and dies. His son, an employee of the farm, must pay so much estate tax that he is actually forced to sell the farm, destroying his business and potential to earn a living.

The estate tax can be really detrimental for farmers and many small business owners. I at least hope some exceptions are applied to estate tax law.

lol at everything else about that 1 pager though.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
thank the LOL Lord for this thread.

gives me the raw lols my body craves

bollig
Apr 7, 2006

Never Forget.

I loving hate our president so much

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

akma posted:

More like the realization that her holy zeal and indignant rage were suddenly rendered impotent. "But screaming and crying to get my way and make other people pay for it has always worked, from the day I was born, all the way through grad school! How come it isn't working now?!?!?!?!"

yeah great buddy but this is the thread where we laugh at Trump, not at people who take the bumbling boob seriously

People scared of trump aren't paying enough attention to what he's not accomplishing, which is loving everything. He's successfully accomplishing nothing and will continue to do that for the next four years or less

I Was The Fury
Oct 19, 2012

bollig posted:

I loving hate our president so much

I love him, he really represents what people think of our dead gay country.

Also because I haven't laughed at or cared this much about politics ever.

my new dog
May 7, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

Burt Sexual posted:

I had to read this like 3 times:

“People don't go around asking about Nato if I'm building a building in Manhattan, right? So they asked me, Wolf ... asked me about Nato, and I said two things. Nato's obsolete — not knowing much about Nato, now I know a lot about Nato — Nato is obsolete, and I said, ‘And the reason it's obsolete is because of the fact they don't focus on terrorism.’ You know, back when they did Nato there was no such thing as terrorism.”

Mr Trump appeared to change tack during a press conference with Jens Stoltenberg, Nato’s Secretary-General, earlier in April.

The Republican told reporters the organisation “is no longer obsolete”, adding: “I complained about that a long time ago, and they made a change and now they do fight terrorism”.

wtf

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

If I were president I'd have an entire butler app on my phone so i could get that coke in between spicy tweets.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

I Was The Fury posted:

I love him, he really represents what people think of our dead gay country.

Also because I haven't laughed at or cared this much about politics ever.

im in it for the lols since most politics actually doesnt matter at all, like most things (all things)

death is certain lol

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
LOLS piled high

Dickbutt Ouroboros
Nov 13, 2002

handbandit?
Son of a bitch!

akma posted:

More like the realization that her holy zeal and indignant rage were suddenly rendered impotent. "But screaming and crying to get my way and make other people pay for it has always worked, from the day I was born, all the way through grad school! How come it isn't working now?!?!?!?!"

Thought you were talking about Trump himself until you mentioned grad school. LOL

I Was The Fury
Oct 19, 2012

Oh man, trump is to politicians what doobie is to businessmen

Also if you rearrange the letters in "wall" you get "vent hood"

Makes u thnik

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

I'm starting to think Trump doesn't understand how to pass legislation

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

https://twitter.com/BresPolitico/status/857302929698639874

No wall, no ACA cuts.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost

ElGroucho posted:

I'm starting to think Trump doesn't understand how to pass legislation

I'm starting to think that Trump doesn't understand that it's up to Congress to pass [unintelligible].

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
Why the gently caress is "protect the home ownership and charitable gift tax deductions" even on that page?

That's literally claiming to keep the status quo, doing nothing at all - and wanting cheers & recognition for it. LMAO Trump is a stupid man and he is a disgusting man. But he is also a lazy man who'll take any accolades he can, especially without any work at all.