Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Do you like Alien 3 "Assembly Cut"?
Yes, Alien 3 "Assembly Cut" was tits.
No, Alien and Aliens are the only valid Alien films.
Nah gently caress you Alien 3 sucks in all its forms.
View Results

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003
And in Aliens when the Queen showed up and was an even bigger rear end in a top hat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

"Look on my works, ye mighty...and despair."

That clip holy poo poo you guys.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I was wondering who commissioned this.

http://imgur.com/R3GRTNT

If that's a quote from a Covenant clip that hasn't been released to the general public, please don't do that.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

ruddiger posted:

I was wondering who commissioned this.

http://imgur.com/R3GRTNT

If that's a quote from a Covenant clip that hasn't been released to the general public, please don't do that.

It was released to the general public.

IMB
Jan 8, 2005
How does an asshole like Bob get such a great kitchen?

CelticPredator posted:

"Look on my works, ye mighty...and despair."

That clip holy poo poo you guys.

where tho

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

https://youtu.be/0Xbyl6Djzfk?t=1h45m42s

Spoilers if you really don't want to know much about Covenant.

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS
That's so nice. haha, I love the title saying the mission was a disaster due to "a deadly pathogen", that's a great way to think of capitalists!

As much as I dig the Ozymandias, the best line is David's "I learned of their ways . ." perfect set-up for what follows. Which isn't a spoiler, I mean what did we think was gonna happen when they finally confronted elysium?

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
We gonna just start openly talking about the what happens in the movie now or? I just need to know whether I should completely check out of this thread for a few weeks.

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Here it is proper https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeMVrnYNwus&t=16s

At last, vengeance for Millburn and Fifield!

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Edit

Not the trump thread

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003

euphronius posted:

Edit

Not the trump thread

It's pretty similar really

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Basebf555 posted:

We gonna just start openly talking about the what happens in the movie now or? I just need to know whether I should completely check out of this thread for a few weeks.

There will be no survivors this time.

I'm only guessing based off of Ridley saying if we want monsters then we're gonna sure as hell gonna get em.

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

Black Bones posted:

Here it is proper https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeMVrnYNwus&t=16s

At last, vengeance for Millburn and Fifield!

I guess we just have to wait and see to find why David goes full genocide on the Engineers?

Also I could've sworn the leaked photos classified elysium as an Engineer outpost, but looks like it really is their homeworld. Wonder if David gets clever and starts recalling other ships to complete his clean sweep.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Working on staying away from all promotion material for Prometheus 2. I followed Prometheus 1 pretty hard and quite let down. I'm giving Ridley one more shot to totally rip off his movies to make a name for himself.

wuffles
Apr 10, 2004

I hope Scott gives us a good reason (not just that he's 'evil' or 'insane') for David's actions, particularly in regard to his inevitable treatment of Shaw. It was clear in Prometheus why he wanted to gently caress over Holloway and Weyland (did he ever do anything directly undermine Vickers...I want to say he did but I don't recall) and was pretty indifferent to the rest of the crew...but he seems to have a particular bond with Shaw, especially after she fixes him in that clip.

If I had to guess based on that clip and the other leaks, I'd say he learns something heinous about the engineers during the journey that causes him to treat them with enough contempt to drop black goo bombs all over them right away to "protect her/humanity". He wakes up Shaw afterward and is all "well we're here...hmmm for some reason they're all loving dead, I guess there are no answers for you after all." At some point she figures out what he did and tries to turn on him, he gets the better of her, and she becomes one of his experiments as well as shattering his last bit of faith in humanity. So when the Covenant shows up he has nothing but full on contempt for humans too.

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

My dudes, this prologue summarizes the events of Prometheus. Like, that movie is when David learns the ways of these "gods". I doubt that there will be anything new to discover about the Engineers, other than that they had a capital city or wore such and such style of cloak or w/e

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Black Bones posted:

My dudes, this prologue summarizes the events of Prometheus. Like, that movie is when David learns the ways of these "gods". I doubt that there will be anything new to discover about the Engineers, other than that they had a capital city or wore such and such style of cloak or w/e

I wanna know about the brooch.

wuffles
Apr 10, 2004

Black Bones posted:

I don't think there needs to be any detailed exposition as to why David decides to genocide them on sight for the engineers' sake, but I want to know more about David's motivations--he was the most interesting part of Prometheus and will probably be the same for Covenant.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

clip was good, fassbenders delivery is so clipped and great. honestly shaw reattaching his head continues the "dumbest decision possible" momentum from prometheus, i thought david had gone full on mad scientist already.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

also I love Alien so much. Today has been such a good day for me. Alien is love. Alien is life.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
Adam Savage on the Covenant set:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5gxApaRczQ

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E
Curious why all the engineers in hats decided to all gather in one open area to get peed on. Did david phone in first to let them know he was coming? I guess he does speak their language.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

Basebf555 posted:

Officially released promotional material is allowed to be talked about here without spoilers

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

wuffles posted:

I don't think there needs to be any detailed exposition as to why David decides to genocide them on sight for the engineers' sake, but I want to know more about David's motivations--he was the most interesting part of Prometheus and will probably be the same for Covenant.

Because he could.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 33 minutes!
Well Davids first meeting with an engineer didnt go very well

Also anyone wonder what Elizabeth is eating/drinking on the engineer ship?

Despera fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Apr 27, 2017

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Despera posted:

secret space god food

god drat though, this looks at least as visually arresting as prometheus. the body-horror monster hype is real

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

Despera posted:

Something made from eggs.

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

alf_pogs posted:

clip was good, fassbenders delivery is so clipped and great. honestly shaw reattaching his head continues the "dumbest decision possible" momentum from prometheus, i thought david had gone full on mad scientist already.

I don't think Shaw knows that David is directly responsible for the Prometheus hijinks, or even for the mutation & death of her boyfriend.

Edit:

Despera posted:

He tells her in the walk to the engineer that he did it

Welp, I guess it's been longer than I thought since my last viewing of Prometheus. But that does elevate her decision to amazingly dumb instead of just typical horror movie dumb.

Mat Cauthon fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Apr 27, 2017

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Probation
Does look like she found the space god "bulky robe" closet

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Probation

Rap Record Hoarder posted:

I don't think Shaw knows that David is directly responsible for the Prometheus hijinks, or even for the mutation & death of her boyfriend.

He tells her in the walk to the engineer that he did it

Was something like she asks "take off our helmets? wont we get contaminated like my bf?" David and Weyland were like "LOL"

And of course there was the "congrats on your baby squidbeast" line from David.

Maybe shouldnt have fixed him

Despera fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Apr 27, 2017

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice
I'm guessing that David declares is love to Shaw, is rejected, and turns her into some horrific experiment.

wuffles
Apr 10, 2004

wyoming posted:

Because he could.

That's a cute response, but that was Holloway's narrow minded opinion, not David's. In fact, what we're shown supports the idea that David has the clearest vision of the capital-T Truth, but chooses not to share his insight with the audience or the crew. He rejects Holloway's world view.

Despera posted:

Well Davids first meeting with an engineer didnt go very well

It actually turned out pretty well for him: Weyland died and by doing so gave him the agency and self determination he lacked.

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

By the end of the first film Shaw knows David is dangerous, but doesn't really hold it against him since she recognizes his slavery. She's not stupid, she's emphatic. Plus he is the only means for her to reach the gods and make them answer for what they've done.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Probation
Im guessing he never unsleeps her in a sort of reverse "Passengers".

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Despera posted:

Im guessing he never unsleeps her in a sort of reverse "Passengers".

There's basically no chance that she doesn't end up spawning a Xenomorph in some fashion. Like some sort of horrifying body-horror she-is-the-first-egg thing where he repaid her compassion by giving her the worst kind of immortality.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

she's shaw goin to regret puttin the head back on

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

alf_pogs posted:

she's shaw goin to regret puttin the head back on

It's irony again, just like Prometheus. Reattaching David's head leads to many people's heads being bitten off.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Holy poo poo you guys usually can't shut up about comics and here James Stokoe comes and drops one of the most beautifully drawn Alien comics out there and not a word or hint of warning from this thread? Crazy.

If you haven't heard of Stokoe go read Orc Stain and Godzilla: Half Century War.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I don't care!!!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

ruddiger posted:

Holy poo poo you guys usually can't shut up about comics and here James Stokoe comes and drops one of the most beautifully drawn Alien comics out there and not a word or hint of warning from this thread? Crazy.

If you haven't heard of Stokoe go read Orc Stain and Godzilla: Half Century War.

that is gorgeous, guess i've got some new routine reading lined up