Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

Ubiquitus posted:

Well, I just got some orbs may as well pull. 1st pull, no reds backed out with a 4* camilla. Second pull:

:stare:
Easily my best pull ever, and I've been playing since day 1. But now What? I already have Lucina . . .

You poor soul, give me your Ikes and they shall burden you no more

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Yeah, Ike has a ridiculously nasty skillset, all he needs for a basically optimal build is Quick Riposte which we've been getting copies of for free. Plop him somewhere and watch him ruin anyone's day on the counterattack.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

If an unit doesn't have at least 35 speed it's not getting onto my team.

Dancers and brave weapon users get an exception

Andrast fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Apr 26, 2017

a computer ghost
May 30, 2011

an unhackable cat???
Why Quick Riposte over Vantage for Ike? Because it's a lot more accessible?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Adel posted:

Vantage is also fine

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Adel posted:

You can double stuff with quick riposte and heavy blade works really well with doubling.

Vantage is more accessible than Quick riposte anyway since QR3 isn't available at 4*

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Adel posted:

If he hits back twice with quick riposte, due to his A skill he might be able trigger Aether in one round. I'm planning on Heavy Blade/Quick Riposte 2 (not gonna 5 star a Subaki for QR3, but I want to)/Threaten Att 3 (to make sure Heavy Blade procs).

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Ahhhh I want Ike

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

Used 160 orbs and got a Mist, Sakura and finally a Kagero. gently caress, no Ike for me.

Oh and more Ninos than you can shake a stick at.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Sodium Chloride posted:

Used 160 orbs and got a Mist, Sakura and finally a Kagero. gently caress, no Ike for me.

Oh and more Ninos than you can shake a stick at.

Why are you opening colorless orbs if you want Ike?

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

I really wanted a Kagero.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Is the newbie guide in the OP still relevant ? I finally got a decent smartphone and now I can play this silly game.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013
His default swordbreaker is fine for being able to dunk on other swordlords, and if you would rather save SP for filling in his support slot and his C slot, you can stick with it.

Oh, and remind me, I hear that the update to merging and inheritance meant that not only does merging mean the recipient unit can learn any skills from the unit they were fed (that they didn't have by default due in inheritance) they straight up get all learned skills without having to spend SP on them, is that right? So, If I had an Ike learn all his normal skills, and fed them to another Ike, that Ike would then not need to spend SP to get his skills right?

Andrast posted:

If an unit doesn't have at least 35 speed it's not getting onto my team.

Dancers and brave weapon user get an exception

A +SPEED Ike gets 34 speed... Hmm... Aha! Give him the +1 speed seal and he can go on your team without losing Heavy Blade!

I can have moments of... eccentricity and sometimes be quite curious about things. Please forgive me if I do something foolish or rude.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Hammerstein posted:

Is the newbie guide in the OP still relevant ? I finally got a decent smartphone and now I can play this silly game.

For the most part, yeah. There's new features but aside from those it's all relevant.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

QR is good on Ike because it means a guaranteed proc of Luna or equivalent good 3 charge skill when countering from full health. In other words, this is what +Atk/-Res Ike with QR3 (QR2 works fine too!) and the HP seal looks like when getting attacked:

Philip Rivers fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Apr 26, 2017

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I don't think I've ever seen an arena team displaying nino that wasn't an unbeatable troll. I don't know why I don't just instantly surrender to them

Also, remove Draw Back from the game please

a computer ghost
May 30, 2011

an unhackable cat???
Thanks for the replies re: QR, I have a Lon'qu I was thinking of feeding to Ike but it looks like I'll be playing around with the damage calculator to see if a QR build might be better. I haven't been hoarding these feathers for nothing.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

cheetah7071 posted:

I don't think I've ever seen an arena team displaying nino that wasn't an unbeatable troll. I don't know why I don't just instantly surrender to them

I ran into one named loli abuser yesterday

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

Philip Rivers posted:

QR is good on Ike because it means a guaranteed proc of Luna or equivalent good 3 charge skill when countering from full health. In other words, this is what +Atk/-Res Ike with QR3 (QR2 works fine too!) and the HP seal looks like when getting attacked:

That's surprising, I expected that because how quick riposte works (if enemy can double you they get their second hit in before yours) there would be a lot more stuff that could kill him before Ike makes his second attack. (Incidentally, Since Luna is a 3 Charge skill when facing an enemy who doubles you, a counter with quick riposte would mean you get Luna on the second attack after you've been hit twice. This fact is useful if you want to make a gimmick build with someone slow) Though perhaps I'm overestimating the amount of things that have enough speed to double him in the first place...

I can have moments of... eccentricity and sometimes be quite curious about things. Please forgive me if I do something foolish or rude.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Stephen9001 posted:

Oh, and remind me, I hear that the update to merging and inheritance meant that not only does merging mean the recipient unit can learn any skills from the unit they were fed (that they didn't have by default due in inheritance) they straight up get all learned skills without having to spend SP on them, is that right? So, If I had an Ike learn all his normal skills, and fed them to another Ike, that Ike would then not need to spend SP to get his skills right?

Yes. There's now no point in not investing in bad IV units, as everything can be passed on to a theoretical good IV version in the future.

If you have two of a unit, train them both with different skillsets and merge at high level.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

cheetah7071 posted:

Train up a Felicia and laugh at every mage in the game.

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

So, what is the go-to skillset for Hector these days? Whenever I see him in arena, they tend to have Vantage/Renewal in the B slot. Sometimes they have Wings of Mercy instead, but I'm going to assume that is to get defense wins from people who forget to check skills. Mine is +HP/-RES. I'm considering Green Tomebreaker, but I'm also going to use Ike on the same team and I'm running some calculations, but it seems like a +SPD/-DEF Ike with QR2 can handle Julia and Nino, if she isn't competely buffed (which is easy to prevent since the AI is dumb), and has the +HP seal.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Stephen9001 posted:

That's surprising, I expected that because how quick riposte works (if enemy can double you they get their second hit in before yours) there would be a lot more stuff that could kill him before Ike makes his second attack. (Incidentally, Since Luna is a 3 Charge skill when facing an enemy who doubles you, a counter with quick riposte would mean you get Luna on the second attack after you've been hit twice. This fact is useful if you want to make a gimmick build with someone slow) Though perhaps I'm overestimating the amount of things that have enough speed to double him in the first place...
That's cause the all vs one simulator isn't going to factor in inheritance for the All side. Most people run death blow and stuff which will change the math.

It's still probably a good skill especially with heavy blade. Just depends what you want to kill on which team.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

sassassin posted:

Train up a Felicia and laugh at every mage in the game.

Well in theory super Tiki eats Nino for breakfast. The problem in this specific team was +3 Tharja and a +10 Quadsuna combined with Draw Back trolling.

My team has pretty much red mages specifically as a weakness though so I might look into shoring that up.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

sassassin posted:

Yes. There's now no point in not investing in bad IV units, as everything can be passed on to a theoretical good IV version in the future.

If you have two of a unit, train them both with different skillsets and merge at high level.

Alright, so with that in mind, what skills should I have my extra Ike learn (yes, I'm determined to make mega-Ike rather than pass on heavy blade to someone) to eventually be given to the other Ike? Judging from the current conversation, Quick Riposte is one, but what do you guys think I should put in the C slot and the support slot? Hone attack (or speed) and Pivot or Reposition perhaps?

Generic Octopus
Mar 27, 2010

Stephen9001 posted:

Alright, so with that in mind, what skills should I have my extra Ike learn (yes, I'm determined to make mega-Ike rather than pass on heavy blade to someone) to eventually be given to the other Ike? Judging from the current conversation, Quick Riposte is one, but what do you guys think I should put in the C slot and the support slot? Hone attack (or speed) and Pivot or Reposition perhaps?

Have you considered fielding two Ikes instead of one +1 Ike?

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Generic Octopus posted:

Have you considered fielding two Ikes instead of one +1 Ike?

I regret not running two Ephraims

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Running a single +1 unit made my rank jump from over 10k to under 2k. +1s are good.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
For the PoR characters that have skills that modify super cooldowns, is the text description templated inconsistently with stuff like the killer weapons? Like Heavy Blade says "gain Special cooldown charge +1 per attack" which means your CD ticks down that number of turns, right?

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

cheetah7071 posted:

Running a single +1 unit made my rank jump from over 10k to under 2k. +1s are good.

Running a single +1 unit sent me into whale town and now I can't get a deathless run. My average advanced enemy team was 684-688 before and now it's 692-696. +1s are bad

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Centzon Totochtin posted:

Running a single +1 unit sent me into whale town and now I can't get a deathless run. My average advanced enemy team was 684-688 before and now it's 692-696. +1s are bad

That's not my experience at all. The +1 is what bumped me from 680 to 686 though so I guess if you're already in 686 don't run a +1.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Had 250 orbs due to not playing/pulling much since launch due to waiting for units like Ike. Got Ike in a dozen or so pulls by just chasing red orbs. :toot:

e: Looks like he has lower hp/str but higher res? 18/8/7/8/6 for states. :negative:

Why are Hana and Raigh so goddamn common too? They made up more than half of all my 3* red unit pulls.

Evil Fluffy fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Apr 26, 2017

GLAAD trash bags
Jan 4, 2015
What the hell man I'm running a Fury 3 unit and a +1 and I can't consistently get over 690 every advanced match. Basically I want these teams you're fighting cause a full deathless streak with +690 matches would get you in the top 1000 easy.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

GLAAD trash bags posted:

What the hell man I'm running a Fury 3 unit and a +1 and I can't consistently get over 690 every advanced match. Basically I want these teams you're fighting cause a full deathless streak with +690 matches would get you in the top 1000 easy.

I wouldn't mind them if they weren't full of triple vantage Hectors and 3 +4 units but my team isn't equipped to handle them and I have no other strong reds and I can't turn my Eirika back into a non +1 so I have to just have to deal with it.

Who the gently caress gets 5 Ninians anyway

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

I wouldn't mind them if they weren't full of triple vantage Hectors and 3 +4 units but my team isn't equipped to handle them and I have no other strong reds and I can't turn my Eirika back into a non +1 so I have to just have to deal with it.

Who the gently caress gets 5 Ninians anyway

Three hectors sounds like a free win though

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

cheetah7071 posted:

Doesn't sound like a free win to me, but it's close... as long as I can get someone to survive the first hit.

I love Desperation Linde.

(I'm so strapped for good red options. Give me your Ikes.)

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

cheetah7071 posted:

They have vantage so Nino can't one shot them and dies to the riposte, Sharena dies outright to them, and Kagero gets killed on the riposte. Eirika can handle ONE vantage hector but not three. What team are you running that can handle 3 vantage Hectors?

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

60 orbs, and the only 5* was a Leo.

Fine, I guess I'll go and finish up all of those Hard and Lunatic story maps.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

They have vantage so Nino can't one shot them and dies to the riposte, Sharena dies outright to them, and Kagero gets killed on the riposte. Eirika can handle ONE vantage hector but not three. What team are you running that can handle 3 vantage Hectors?

Tiki and Lucina, though either of them could handle triple Hector by themselves. I guess I didn't realize other swordlords didn't crush him as badly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

My -hp Nino with a hone def 2 on her and the +hp seal lets her barely live through one Hector counterattack, at which point Desperation is on and she can machinegun down the rest. If your Nino isn't -def or -hp you shouldn't even need the hone defense 2, just the seal.