Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Bates posted:

No I can't say I noticed any lingering shots.

By that I mean they didn't just flash a half-second of a wheelchair. But it was a shot of a wheelchair in close-up with nothing else in the frame, and then a ringing bell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

TBeats posted:

Did you notice that Chuck could go to the office when he was winning Mesa Verde back, beating Jimmy? And how he was relatively okay at the hearing until he realized he was losing Mesa Verde, also losing to Jimmy?

I did, but I don't recall any scene where he was perfectly OK when outside or around electronics, even when sticking it to Jimmy (could be misremembering). It does make sense that his mental illness is alleviated when he's on an anti-Jimmy power trip.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Is Chuck perhaps.... not actually allergic to electricity???

Nude
Nov 16, 2014

I have no idea what I'm doing.

Bigass Moth posted:

I did, but I don't recall any scene where he was perfectly OK when outside or around electronics, even when sticking it to Jimmy (could be misremembering). It does make sense that his mental illness is alleviated when he's on an anti-Jimmy power trip.

Well he did near the end of season 1 go out to Jimmy's car and open the trunk to bring in the papers for the Sandpiper Crossing case. It was shot more as a "Chuck forgets he has his illness because he is hyper focused on the case". I think the show is trying to show Chuck's slowly getting better at handling his illness.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

I hope the series ends with Cinnabon-Saul going to visit a catatonic Chuck who's surrounded by terrible, beeping machines.

Bates
Jun 15, 2006
I'm a little hazy on the timeline of Chuck's illness. Jimmy and Chuck lives in separate cities - Jimmy is a con artist and Chuck is a successful lawyer but then Jimmy gets in trouble so Chuck hauls him across the country and stuffs him in the mail-room. Is this when Chuck starts to get sick or did he have it before?

Jables88
Jul 26, 2010
Tortured By Flan

a new study bible! posted:

I hope the series ends with Cinnabon-Saul going to visit a catatonic Chuck who's surrounded by terrible, beeping machines.

"Still not going to look at me Chuck?"

Secret Agent X23
May 11, 2005

Dave, this conversation can serve no purpose anymore.

Herv posted:

Who besides me was relieved when Mike made the shoe toss on the 3rd try?

Didn't know if we were gonna be there for 10 mins admiring the lighting and cinematography.

I commented on that to my wife at the time. But I don't think there's any way to let him make it the first time. Then you have people at home sitting there rolling their eyes and thinking, "Oh, come on." To me, three tries seems about right to get the point across.

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

There was even a slight 'cut' between tries two and three, that leaves room to interpret there were even more than three tries, just showing the final successful one. For those who think three tries is too few - because after all, he had to get them on the wire AND centered over the lane. His first toss landed just about on the shoulder.

Junkyard Poodle
May 6, 2011

I hope jimmy bangs chucks ex wife while using a microwave, records it, and plays it in court as evidence.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Bates posted:

I'm a little hazy on the timeline of Chuck's illness. Jimmy and Chuck lives in separate cities - Jimmy is a con artist and Chuck is a successful lawyer but then Jimmy gets in trouble so Chuck hauls him across the country and stuffs him in the mail-room. Is this when Chuck starts to get sick or did he have it before?

I think it happens after Jimmy reveals he passed the bar.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

We're told its about 18 months sometime in season 1, I think.

Neon Noodle
Nov 11, 2016

there's nothing wrong here in montana

Secret Agent X23 posted:

I commented on that to my wife at the time. But I don't think there's any way to let him make it the first time. Then you have people at home sitting there rolling their eyes and thinking, "Oh, come on." To me, three tries seems about right to get the point across.
I mean, it's not nearly as easy as throwing a pizza onto a roof

Secret Agent X23
May 11, 2005

Dave, this conversation can serve no purpose anymore.

Neon Noodle posted:

I mean, it's not nearly as easy as throwing a pizza onto a roof

"How much do I owe you for the pizza, Dad?"
"Oh, don't worry about it. It's on the house."

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.

Nude posted:

Well he did near the end of season 1 go out to Jimmy's car and open the trunk to bring in the papers for the Sandpiper Crossing case. It was shot more as a "Chuck forgets he has his illness because he is hyper focused on the case". I think the show is trying to show Chuck's slowly getting better at handling his illness.

Not exactly, it's trying to show that his illness is directly related to his mental state, e.g. being super focused on something else as you mention in this post. He is still not in control of this illness at all as something could easily trigger it, which I'm sure Jimmy plans on doing in full view of a jury.

Colonel Whitey fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Apr 26, 2017

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Pocket Billiards posted:

The cocaine in the shoe setup was getting up there with Breaking Bad for suspension of disbelief. To me it's just a little too clever and outlandish.

I agree, but I take the show scenario this way: It could happen. It's unlikely, but it could happen. Maybe Mike tried 5 or 6 other strange methods to mess with Hector's trucks, and we are just seeing the one that actually worked and mattered.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I don't remember the distance of the shot. Was it 400 meters? Maybe 500?

That's not a very hard shot to make with an m40. Any longer though and it starts getting tricky.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

TBeats posted:

I don't remember the distance of the shot. Was it 400 meters? Maybe 500?

That's not a very hard shot to make with an m40. Any longer though and it starts getting tricky.

Mike is an expert marksman. Be it bullet, or balloons, his projectile WILL be on target.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
the ole' coke shoes on the telephone wire is a classic back in corrupt cop school

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
The last scene of this show will be Saul calling it a day after a hard day's work as a scummy lawyer, then changing into a Burger King uniform. "See you tomorrow, Saul" he'll say with a wink. Then he drives to Chuck's. "Man, Chuck, what a long day of flipping burgers it was for me, Jimmy McGill, who you got disbarred and can't practice law anymore. Hey I'm gonna go home to my wife, Kim. See you later!"

Bleh Maestro
Aug 30, 2003

King Vidiot posted:

Split the coke into two baggies, and put each into each shoe. But we don't see him do that, so alternately just be a really good shot and hit center mass through both sneakers.

Yeah, the stops signs are in Spanish. I guess a bigger question is how did Mike get a hunting rifle and cocaine into Mexico, both of which were just sitting there in an otherwise empty suitcase?

Did no one else notice the doctor was the same one that saved Gus's life after he poisoned himself / the cartel with the tequila? IN Mexico

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Secret Agent X23 posted:

"How much do I owe you for the pizza, Dad?"
"Oh, don't worry about it. It's on the house."

:lol:

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Venuz Patrol posted:

the ole' coke shoes on the telephone wire is a classic back in corrupt cop school

It's an old PI trick.

Siamang
Nov 15, 2003

King Vidiot posted:

Split the coke into two baggies, and put each into each shoe. But we don't see him do that, so alternately just be a really good shot and hit center mass through both sneakers.

I don't know why I'm compelled to actually answer the 'which sneaker?' thing , but they make a point of showing that the shoe with the drugs stuffed inside points downward when he picks up the pair, because it's got extra weight in the toe. It's easy to pick out the right one from a distance.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Bobby Digital posted:

I think it happens after Jimmy reveals he passed the bar.

So basically chuck is allergic to jimmy working hard and applying himself? Interesting...

Personally I'll bet Chuck's illness interferes with his testimony. It'd be gold if Jimmy say, inists Chuck listen to the tape and verify it's the recording in question that sparked the incident, and he flips out and passes out.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
This topic is now about ways Jimmy will gently caress with Chuck in court. Post your fan theories below!

lifts cats over head
Jan 17, 2003

Antagonist: A bad man who drops things from the windows.
Even though they aren't valid and probably aren't actually used in real court cases I'd love to see Jimmy demand Chuck take a lie detector test.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Bleh Maestro posted:

Did no one else notice the doctor was the same one that saved Gus's life after he poisoned himself / the cartel with the tequila? IN Mexico

I didn't, knew the guy looked familiar though. Good catch!

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Jimmy locks an electric dog bark collar on Chuck so he can't speak to testify without getting zapped

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Jimmy switches the regular pen for a prank one that shocks you when you click it when Chuck is signing his tesimony, Chuck dies.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I fully expect the court room to be ridden of any electronic devices to cater to Chuck's illness. Then when Chuck is on the stand and Jimmy is questioning him, and asks him if he feels well since all the electronics were removed. Chuck will say that he is fine. Then Jimmy will reveal that there is a radio, a watch, and a cell phone sitting under Chuck's chair, so how could he possibly feel fine?

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Cojawfee posted:

I fully expect the court room to be ridden of any electronic devices to cater to Chuck's illness. Then when Chuck is on the stand and Jimmy is questioning him, and asks him if he feels well since all the electronics were removed. Chuck will say that he is fine. Then Jimmy will reveal that there is a radio, a watch, and a cell phone sitting under Chuck's chair, so how could he possibly feel fine?

I don't see why a judge would allow this. And a decent attorney could use this to call his testimony into question. The hired PI could be seen as biased, though Hamlin was there too...

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

I think the process of going through the courthouse metal detector to face the Chimpanzee with a Machine Gun, James McGill, Esq., in his full glory as the opposing counsel would be enough to cause Chuck to stroke out on the spot.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Cojawfee posted:

i initially thought that chuck's mental wellness would be the pivotal topic of the case, but that's changed now that there's assault charges on the line. there just isn't anyway for him to use chuck's illness to justify his own actions. i think jimmy's defense is going to be a lot weirder than that

maybe he'll take a leaf out of sandpiper's book and start out by trying to bury the trial in paperwork

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
Podcast is up!

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Golli posted:

I think the process of going through the courthouse metal detector to face the Chimpanzee with a Machine Gun, James McGill, Esq., in his full glory as the opposing counsel would be enough to cause Chuck to stroke out on the spot.

ohhhh yeah I forgot about the metal detector. There's no way he's getting out of that.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.

lifts cats over head posted:

Even though they aren't valid and probably aren't actually used in real court cases I'd love to see Jimmy demand Chuck take a lie detector test.
You don't need to lie-detector test Chuck, he wouldn't debase the law by doing anything so vulgar as lie under oath.

Jimmy is going to win with good charm and making Chuck confirm he's a back stabber. Chuck will have a massive attack on hearing the verdict, then as Jimmy foretold, will die alone in the hospital.

Pablo Bluth fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Apr 26, 2017

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.
By any chance are this season's podcasts any more succinct? What I'm asking is if they still do a 5-minute preamble on how great/talented/gracious/sweet each writer/director/grip is before finally talking about the scene.

ricro
Dec 22, 2008

Cromulent posted:

By any chance are this season's podcasts any more succinct? What I'm asking is if they still do a 5-minute preamble on how great/talented/gracious/sweet each writer/director/grip is before finally talking about the scene.

Look deep in your heart and you will know the answer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

maskenfreiheit posted:

This topic is now about ways Jimmy will gently caress with Chuck in court. Post your fan theories below!

Jimmy calls Raiden, God of Lighting, to the stand as an expert.

• Locked thread