Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

RC Cola posted:

Blues and preds on soon. Btw have you seen Crosby? Here's 20 minutes of Crosby highlights
Also his rival Ovi(3 clips of checks)

NBC.txt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

RC Cola posted:

Blues and preds on soon. Btw have you seen Crosby? Here's 20 minutes of Crosby highlights
Also his rival Ovi(3 clips of checks)

Obviously, whenever Crosby isn't on screen

Captain Internet
Apr 20, 2005

:love: HOTLANTA :love:
IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS

Hey NBC executive; Tennessee and Missouri are playing against each other in a post season capacity on your sports network.

NBC: oh gently caress yes, is it college sports?

naw dog, it's hockey.

NBC: OH gently caress NO OUR RATINGS, PUT THE BLACKHAWKS CLEANING OUT THEIR LOCKERS ON! Put Crosby and Ovie graphics slowly rotating somewhere on the screen.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Captain Internet posted:

Hey NBC executive; Tennessee and Missouri are playing against each other in a post season capacity on your sports network.

naw dog, it's hockey.

NBC: OH gently caress NO OUR RATINGS, PUT THE BLACKHAWKS CLEANING OUT THEIR LOCKERS ON! Put Crosby and Ovie graphics slowly rotating somewhere on the screen.

I get to hear about Crosby when it's the Rangers too. Pierre got some Crosby talk in during Game 6 IIRC.

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

Pierre ruins games for me. I can't stand his voice, I don't care for his useless background knowledge gimmick, and I think his analysis is facile and often wrong. I'll have to turn on a radio broadcast and mute the TV for the rest of this year's Caps games.

Emerick is cool, though I'm noticing him flubbing names more often this year in the couple games of his I've caught.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

glynnenstein posted:

Emerick is cool, though I'm noticing him flubbing names more often this year in the couple games of his I've caught.

This is happening with Sam Rosen lately too and it makes me sad because he's the best. Although hopefully Kenny Alberts takes his place on MSG because he also owns.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
The reason I hate Crosby so much is that he's shoved down my throat every minute of every game all season and post season long. Crosby could get concussed game 1 and that's all they'd talk about all season.

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?

RC Cola posted:

The reason I hate Crosby so much is that he's shoved down my throat every minute of every game all season and post season long. Crosby could get concussed game 1 and that's all they'd talk about all season.

This. Plus he a straight chump busta

Captain Internet
Apr 20, 2005

:love: HOTLANTA :love:
IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS

RC Cola posted:

Well, how much do you like McDavid? Because oh boy.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

RC Cola posted:

Usually this is the case in the west with the blackhawks, except this time they didn't outscore the opposing goalie

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Captain Internet posted:

Well, how much do you like McDavid? Because oh boy.

He's still young and hasn't won't two cups. When he raises he's 5th cup in 2025 I'll probably dislike him

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

NHL Playoffs 2017: We now go to Pierre McGuire who's down on the ice with Sidney Crosby.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

Sharks Eat Bear posted:

also doc emrick is an awesome PBP guy

*rambling pontification and regurgitated apocrypha while things are actually happening in the ga* SCARRRRRRRRRRR

Overwined
Sep 22, 2008

Wine can of their wits the wise beguile,
Make the sage frolic, and the serious smile.

Chad Sexington posted:

Nobody waffleboards things like he does.

Let's be honest, it really looks like an ice cream sandwich. But Doc sells the waffle, dammit, and we should give him credit for it!

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Speaking of Pierre, I think he would be an alright GM? He does do his research and knows way too much about juniors prospects. Being a insufferable dickhead would be bad tho

Overwined
Sep 22, 2008

Wine can of their wits the wise beguile,
Make the sage frolic, and the serious smile.
Don't you think that would make him a better scouting director? I mean, GMs rarely get to give locker room interviews to virile young athletes.

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free
Denis Potvin should be calling all games. :crossarms:

GoonGPT
May 26, 2006

Posting for a better future, today!
Denis Potvin is a drunk idiot who cannot see the ice anymore.

Also, sucks.

Krime
Jul 30, 2003

Somebody has to do the scoring around here.

Captain Internet posted:

naw dog, it's hockey.

Only if their lockers are outdoors in a stadium.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer
Doc Emerick is great. And they had a short background documentary on him a year or so ago that was pretty good.

Pierre is awful, but so easy to make fun of. Bobby Ryan asking him "where am I from....cherry hill New Jersey" is easily going to be the best part of this years playoffs.

Most of the others blow. Gary Thorne never bothered me.

Edit: on a random note: the retail store I used to work at had John LeClair visit again today (he buys all his phones there). I was sad today I switched stores. I did sell his wife her last phone, so that is my closest hockey contact (I was to much of a pussy to bring up hockey).

Duckman2008 fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Apr 27, 2017

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

Matt Zerella posted:

I get to hear about Crosby when it's the Rangers too. Pierre got some Crosby talk in during Game 6 IIRC.

You should have been in Canada last season. "MCJESUS WILL SAVE US!!MCJESUS!!!". They were really cranking it up and then he got injured, which luckily put a little bit of a damper on it. This year was then somewhat offset by the Leafs not being useless, so they could return to the usual Toronto-uber-alles strategy, with the occasional McJesus distraction. They're still completely and utterly ignoring that the Senators are in the playoffs and the CBC clearly wanted the Rangers to beat the Habs.

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

Pierre McGuire's biggest problem last time he was working for a hockey team was that nobody took him seriously and respected him.

I don't think he's got that solved yet.

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

RC Cola posted:

well that's dumb. guys like crosby and mcdavid don't come along very often. just let yourself witness greatness without crying about the marketing. i mean think of how much you would have hated, like, gretzky or orr

i'm not saying the league does a good job of marketing crosby, btw

Wonderllama posted:

Plus he a straight chump busta

see, this i understand

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

JohnnyCanuck posted:

HE SUCKS

Sorry, its pavlovian at this point.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

JohnnyCanuck posted:

That's funny whatever name it was you just said sounds nothing like Dave Strader

Thufir
May 19, 2004

"The fucking Mayans were right."
Kevin Fiala died for our sins

GoonGPT
May 26, 2006

Posting for a better future, today!
The Blues scored as many goals in one game as the Hawks did in round 1.

Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

Chief of J.U.N.K.E.R. H.Q.
Hey Nashville, want to trade Subban for Letang? We'll uh.... throw in Fleury?

Dude is so drat good.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

nature6pk posted:

The Blues scored as many goals in one game as the Hawks did in round 1.

And lost

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

A man's man, wears a lot of denim, tells long stories and has oatmeal saved from this morning.

Benson Cunningham posted:

Hey Nashville, want to trade Subban for Letang? We'll uh.... throw in Fleury?

Dude is so drat good.

Nobody trades players like that, man.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Anyone keep track of how many times they mentioned Nashville sweeping Chicago? Because goddamn I think Kenny Albert slipped that in every thirty seconds.

The Wild? Mentioned like once, in the pre-game show.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

xzzy posted:

Anyone keep track of how many times they mentioned Nashville sweeping Chicago? Because goddamn I think Kenny Albert slipped that in every thirty seconds.

The Wild weren't the number one tem swept. Also it's the Crosby syndrome. Mention the big market team constantly

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

fancy stats posted:

https://twitter.com/MarcPDumont/status/857429775333380096

This guy lacks the will to win

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

xzzy posted:

wild didn't get swept as a 1 seed

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

How does he not have a letter yet?

Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

Chief of J.U.N.K.E.R. H.Q.

fancy stats posted:

You mean healthy, top tier defensemen for concussed, broken necked defensemen who average like 40 games a season?

How dare they not fulfill my yahoo fantasy trade suggestion. Or are we just making fun of Montreal? It's not clear what's happening here.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Benson Cunningham posted:

You mean healthy, top tier defensemen for concussed, broken necked defensemen who average like 40 games a season?

How dare they not fulfill my yahoo fantasy trade suggestion. Or are we just making fun of Montreal? It's not clear what's happening here.

The latter

Siroc
Oct 10, 2004

Ray, when someone asks you if you're a god, you say "YES"!
https://twitter.com/AndrewBerkshire/status/857430847414206464

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

iospace posted:

How does he not have a letter yet?

I think he wears the A on home ice.

xzzy posted:

Anyone keep track of how many times they mentioned Nashville sweeping Chicago?

Not enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

:holymoley:

• Locked thread