Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
perfect

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVGXsV9y6D8

important

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

mishima is unworthy of The Hat

he and he alone should be denied it

tom bob-ombadil
Jan 1, 2012

SyntheticPolygon posted:

It is 100% canon that Joker is only going home to like finish school and then he's heading straight back to Tokyo to open Café Morgana with Haru as a sister café to Leblanc

She can call hers LeNoir!

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Harrow posted:

Still annoyed that Joker goes home instead of saying "gently caress you, I do what I want" and staying in Tokyo :colbert: Ending would've been way more rad if Joker went back in after sticking his head out the sunroof, jumped into the front seat, and made Makoto do a U-turn

joker is a good boy who is not a delinquent and goes back to live with his parents

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

MarquiseMindfang posted:

mishima is unworthy of The Hat

he and he alone should be denied it

i'm not putting the effort into making this from scratch so i edited existing not transparent things because people save without transparency in the year 2017 for some reason

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Finished this awesome game and I'll probably start up a new game plus relatively soon because I'm a degenerate and I want to complete the compendium and check out what I missed the first go around.

I guess one thing I can think of that I've come around on is that Akechi was well-done as a character. For one, his role as the traitor was great because it was used to disguise the real twist that the team knew he was the traitor. His death suited him since his whole gameplan was to gain recognition, but in the end he was effectively Stalin'd out of existence. Hell, even his body just plain doesn't exist. That's probably going into death of the author but it was just a thought I had when I was going around and seeing all the confidants for the last time.

Also summoning a skyscraper-sized mecha demon to shoot the evil god in the head to save Christmas was the best thing ever.

Northan
Nov 6, 2011

Spear Spear Spear Spear
Spear Spear Spear Spear
I too like how The Phantom Thieves saved christmas and made Santa Claus real to shoot a cup in the head or something.

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

They'll bend the knee or I'll destroy them

Harrow posted:

Alternative: Joker goes to law school with Makoto thanks to his Erudite knowledge and becomes a defense attorney like his new buddy Sae so that he can protect people from being falsely convicted like him

Morgana makes sure he gets enough sleep

Better Call Joker

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Brony Hunter posted:

Better Call Joker

10/10 would order a 13-episode first season

ROFL Octopus posted:

I guess one thing I can think of that I've come around on is that Akechi was well-done as a character. For one, his role as the traitor was great because it was used to disguise the real twist that the team knew he was the traitor. His death suited him since his whole gameplan was to gain recognition, but in the end he was effectively Stalin'd out of existence. Hell, even his body just plain doesn't exist. That's probably going into death of the author but it was just a thought I had when I was going around and seeing all the confidants for the last time.

I love that Akechi wasn't just "Adachi 2.0." Yeah, it's glaringly obvious he sold you out. It's so obvious that there's never a point at which you have to name him, specifically, as the traitor in a dialog option. But like you said, the real twist isn't that the Phantom Thieves were set up by Akechi--it's that the Phantom Thieves set up Akechi. It's such a wonderfully heist movie twist and I loved it.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
What does Sae's card do in NG plus?

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Harrow posted:

10/10 would order a 13-episode first season

I love that Akechi wasn't just "Adachi 2.0." Yeah, it's glaringly obvious he sold you out. It's so obvious that there's never a point at which you have to name him, specifically, as the traitor in a dialog option. But like you said, the real twist isn't that the Phantom Thieves were set up by Akechi--it's that the Phantom Thieves set up Akechi. It's such a wonderfully heist movie twist and I loved it.

I love how Yusuke regrets not being at the scene just because he wanted to see Joker's epic smile after conning basically the entire country.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Kurtofan posted:

What does Sae's card do in NG plus?

It lets you know that sometime between Valentine's Day and the day you leave Tokyo, she's switched careers and become a defense attorney.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Defense attorney would be kind of an appropriate career for Joker, now that I think about it. If he wants to keep fighting against an unjust system that screws over powerless people like him, working as a defense attorney is one way to try to do that. Atlus isn't likely to release any spin-offs where Joker would be old enough they'd have to make career path decisions for him, but if they ever did, I could see equal justification for "takes over Leblanc/opens his own cafe" or "studies law and tries to help reform the system."

Either way I want a Sae Niijima defense attorney spin-off that's literally just Ace Attorney but Sae has to help defend people who are being set up through supernatural means or something. She could get her own lawyer Persona but instead of fighting she uses it to sneak around the cognitive world and find whatever evidence she can to save her client.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Harrow posted:

Either way I want a Sae Niijima defense attorney spin-off that's literally just Ace Attorney but Sae has to help defend people who are being set up through supernatural means or something. She could get her own lawyer Persona but instead of fighting she uses it to sneak around the cognitive world and find whatever evidence she can to save her client.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

ChaosArgate posted:

It lets you know that sometime between Valentine's Day and the day you leave Tokyo, she's switched careers and become a defense attorney.

I'm not missing any memento items from the fool or justice arcana, am I?

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Kurtofan posted:

I'm not missing any memento items from the fool or justice arcana, am I?

I'm told you can't get an item for Fool and it'd be really hard to get a memento from Justice by that point. I think you can get one for Strength though. I missed that one my first run. :negative:

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
it should have been a pancake

and yeah i didnt miss the strenght memento, you have to talk to lavenza next to the vr door

funny how they foreshadow the holy grail stuff with that school question

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

ChaosArgate posted:

I'm told you can't get an item for Fool and it'd be really hard to get a memento from Justice by that point. I think you can get one for Strength though. I missed that one my first run. :negative:

You can get one for Strength, Lavenza shows up at the usual VR doors in town, but the game doesn't let you know that she wants to talk which is 100% why you missed her.

A Bug
Nov 26, 2008

MOM GET THE CAMERA!
:potg:

ChaosArgate posted:

You do get one for Strength. It's a cell key that unlocks all fusion options.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Yeah that's what I thought. I mean I had all of the Strength requests saved to the compendium, so it was just a financial gate to maxing Strength again, but it would've been nice to know.

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE
It's mechanically dumb that there's no Fool item, but seeing as you done shot your confidant through the brain with a Satan Gun, it's maybe understandable

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Instant Grat posted:

It's mechanically dumb that there's no Fool item, but seeing as you done shot your confidant through the brain with a Satan Gun, it's maybe understandable

The final Igor is referenced in the final rank though on the menu, so there's no real reason why he couldn't have passed something along to you via Lavenza.

Thinking about it, he gives you the key to your velvet room as a goodbye to him. There's no reason that can't function as the Fool inherit item.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Apr 26, 2017

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

I wish there were a Fool item that let you just have all 12 Persona slots from the word go on NG+.

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

ChaosArgate posted:

I wish there were a Fool item that let you just have all 12 Persona slots from the word go on NG+.

Also it'd be nice if Max Arcana Burst was available at any point other than the run-up to the very last boss

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Strega loving suck and are barely characters. I can't even remember all their names.

Late to this but their names are Chidori, Jin, and Revolver Jesus.

Raiad
Feb 1, 2005

Without the law, there wouldn't be lawyers.

Northan posted:

I too like how The Phantom Thieves saved christmas and made Santa Claus real to shoot a cup in the head or something.

And what happens then? Well in Tokyo they say that the Thieves' popularity grew three sizes that day

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Raiad posted:

And what happens then? Well in Tokyo they say that the Thieves' popularity grew three sizes that day

Actually it shrinked by 50% :(

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I'm on NG+ right now, and I'm wondering about something. Fake Igor/Yaldabaoth says confidants are supposed to be other people who have been "robbed of their place to belong", so how come you start a link with him? That doesn't even match up with what the links are like in the game, they all start from deals you strike with other people.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Pollyanna posted:

I'm on NG+ right now, and I'm wondering about something. Fake Igor/Yaldabaoth says confidants are supposed to be other people who have been "robbed of their place to belong", so how come you start a link with him? That doesn't even match up with what the links are like in the game, they all start from deals you strike with other people.

I thought he described your confidants as people who society misjudges--which matches him, since you judge him as Igor

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Hmmm. I guess that works.

Tricky Dick Nixon
Jul 26, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
To be fair "being robbed of your place to belong" describes (real) Igor exactly and would be pretty decent foreshadowing, and the Max Rank of the confidant describes the true Igor, not the false one.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

With regards to NG+, is there ever a reason not to immediately get the Palace out of the way on the first day that it's available? Is there any reason I would want to wait?

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

None that I can think of.

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE
Maybe you wanna see the little scenes you get when you run out the timer.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Kinda bummed me out that the only real capers the PTs did were on Kamoshida, Madarame, and the Goro grift. Was hoping for some more stylish action. Game was good, though. I will now get all of the trophies.

Bliss Authority
Jul 6, 2011

I'm not saying it was witches

but it was witches

Harrow posted:

Oh yeah, almost no major religion in the West actually includes that stuff in its canon. I don't know much about Judaism, to be fair, so maybe that differentiates between Lucifer and Satan. I think it's just easier to go "oh, that's some interesting mythology" if you aren't already super familiar with Western Christianity already.

Speaking as a Jew, Satan is the dude who comes and tests mortals to see if they'll uphold the Law and Lucifer is some human rear end in a top hat prince.

We don't have a Hell with a Lucifer in charge of it.

Sacrificial Toast
Nov 5, 2009

Fortune Rank 9:

Why have you helped me out so much?

- I like having my fortune told.
- I like you.
- I wanted my 100,000 yen back.

JOHNSON COCKSLAP
Apr 2, 2017

by Lowtax

Pollyanna posted:

With regards to NG+, is there ever a reason not to immediately get the Palace out of the way on the first day that it's available? Is there any reason I would want to wait?

sometimes the hangouts day of are pretty decent?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

JOHNSON COCKSLAP posted:

sometimes the hangouts day of are pretty decent?

Yeah, deffo take everyone to the movies when those come up.

• Locked thread