Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
When's the Bushido Blade re-release??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/857338533299851269

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
I really enjoyed Mario Kart Wii's rainbow road, i wish they brought back all of them because jumping off 64's was pretty gnarly too

Deltron 3030
Jul 23, 2006

I submit that you took that baseball, stashed it in your unusually large vagina, and walked right on out of here!
I can't seem to Hard Drop in Puyo Puyo mode, but it works for Tetris blocks...?

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
Puyo doesn't have hard drop by default because mainline Puyo games don't have it (there's a longer :goonsay: version about why that is)

There's a setting to turn it on though, and it has hard drop in Fusion mode

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Jimmy Hats posted:

When's the Bushido Blade re-release??

On the PSN like 5 years ago

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

dragon enthusiast posted:

Puyo doesn't have hard drop by default because mainline Puyo games don't have it (there's a longer :goonsay: version about why that is)

There's a setting to turn it on though, and it has hard drop in Fusion mode
Where's the option to turn it on? I looked all around and never found it. I noticed hard drop during the mode where it's like 50x10 but just assumed that was the only way to have it.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

I don't get the dislike for ppt voice acting, they're clearly having lots of fun and it's definitely in a good campy humor zone. NUTRITION!

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
When are we getting more info on Xenoblade chronicles 2

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Man I'mnat that part in puzzle games where it gets too had for me to play. Hopeful practice in Endless/Marathon will fix that. Also gently caress Item battles, was barely able to beat Satan with Tee.

I wonder if Nintendo and Sega would ever be a Puyo Puyo x Puzzle League?

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Policenaut posted:

On the PSN like 5 years ago

Not the second one from the PS2. As somebody who's done aikido/kendo since I was a little kid, that sword fighting game was the best.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

LionArcher posted:

Not the second one from the PS2. As somebody who's done aikido/kendo since I was a little kid, that sword fighting game was the best.

Bb2 is a ps1 game that despite having more variety in characters, has less variety in weapons (much more important imo) and changes the controls to be fewer buttons for no reason to the detriment of the game. The original is just better.

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~

C-SPAN Caller posted:

I don't get the dislike for ppt voice acting, they're clearly having lots of fun and it's definitely in a good campy humor zone. NUTRITION!
Like the in game shouts are fine but the story mode cut scenes are interminable and all the characters sound the same I would not be surprised if there were less than three voice actors hired for this game. Also humour is subjective I guess because every scene I've bothered to watch has been terminally bland and unfunny to me. You can easily skip it tho so nbd.

TBH I'm not in love with the presentation (why are like 80% of the characters samey animes, gimme more crazy robots or whatever) but the game is good as gently caress regardless.

Fly with me
Aug 19, 2006

Single-handedly repopulating the Earth.

Walked into a Walmart for some groceries, and walked out with a Switch.
Forgot the groceries, though.
Still, at least now I don't have to camp out at Best Buy on Friday.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Fly with me posted:

Walked into a Walmart for some groceries, and walked out with a Switch.
Forgot the groceries, though.
Still, at least now I don't have to camp out at Best Buy on Friday.

You should probably eat.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Jarogue posted:

Man I'mnat that part in puzzle games where it gets too had for me to play. Hopeful practice in Endless/Marathon will fix that. Also gently caress Item battles, was barely able to beat Satan with Tee.

I wonder if Nintendo and Sega would ever be a Puyo Puyo x Puzzle League?

Satan's attacks in party mode all involve stealing points which make them a lot closer then you'd actually imagine. He's one of the tougher AI's along with Ecolo because of it so don't get too down.

Mr Phillby posted:

TBH I'm not in love with the presentation (why are like 80% of the characters samey animes, gimme more crazy robots or whatever) but the game is good as gently caress regardless.

A lot of the wackier character designs got culled so instead of pink dolphin/fish with slippers you get Tetris dudes.

ThisIsACoolGuy fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Apr 27, 2017

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Calaveron posted:

When are we getting more info on Xenoblade chronicles 2

E loving 3, baby!!!!!!!!

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Real hurthling! posted:

Bb2 is a ps1 game that despite having more variety in characters, has less variety in weapons (much more important imo) and changes the controls to be fewer buttons for no reason to the detriment of the game. The original is just better.

Edit. I'm a Moran. I meant Kengo, master of bushido. That game was PS2, and ruled. I would pay a lot to have it released on a switch, and or remastered. And or not turned into the terrible series it became on the xbox. Just like I want Jet force to be put on the switch, which I know won't happen. (I don't care that the controls suck and it hasn't aged well. IT was so good back in the day! Remaster it! Make a sequel. Do something!) And give us a refreshed remastered still the same gameplay version of GOLDENEYE.

Fly with me
Aug 19, 2006

Single-handedly repopulating the Earth.

Norns posted:

You should probably eat.

It wasn't a choice between food and the Switch, I just got so excited that I forgot to get the groceries.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
I would like to play Mario kart 8 deluxe on my Switch.

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

Bushido Blade 1 on the Switch would be awesome. Or just anywhere. Bushido Blade ruled.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

This Japanese game coming out for $5 tomorrow is supposed to be pretty good. Very short, but multiple characters, it's supposed to be like Hyper Light Zelda

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

antidote posted:

Bushido Blade 1 on the Switch would be awesome. Or just anywhere. Bushido Blade ruled.

Other sword games that would be cool to see on the Switch: Nidhogg, Samurai Shodown 2, a Soul Calibur collection or Soul Calibur 6, and Chivalry (or the deadliest Warrior expansion version)/Mirage: Arcane Warfare.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
I don't care if it's Sony or Nintendo, but someone needs to make Jet Moto 4.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

I need another big 3d game already since I want to pretend my switch is more than just an indie portable

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

C-SPAN Caller posted:

I need another big 3d game already since I want to pretend my switch is more than just an indie portable

Your in luck friend! Mario odyssey comes before the year is out!

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

I never played mk8 so that'll be cool

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

I would like to play Mario kart 8 deluxe on my Switch.

I'm taking the dock to work and playing Battle Mode with coworkers all drat day

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

C-SPAN Caller posted:

I never played mk8 so that'll be cool

You're in luck, because that comes out tomorrow.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

I'll be impressed if Nintendo delivers, but come on, we all know that shiznit is getting delayed into next year.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
I think I'm gonna buy Tetris by trading in xbone games. I've barely played it in like a year

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Consummate Professional posted:

I think I'm gonna buy Tetris by trading in xbone games. I've barely played it in like a year

Post this in the xbone thread and give us a trip report

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Cartoon Man posted:

I'll be impressed if Nintendo delivers, but come on, we all know that shiznit is getting delayed into next year.

All the hub bub is Mario Odyssey has already been essentially finished for a while and was their fallback plan in case they couldn't get Zelda done in time.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Sonic responded to Nintendo, who responded back.
https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/857369671447621632

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Yall better stop dissing my tetrimino waifus

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

Jimmy Hats posted:

Post this in the xbone thread and give us a trip report

Hard pass

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

parallelodad posted:

This Japanese game coming out for $5 tomorrow is supposed to be pretty good. Very short, but multiple characters, it's supposed to be like Hyper Light Zelda

Isn't Hyper Light Drifter already Hyper Light Zelda?

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

...sonic's drifting is better than post gc-mario karts smh nintendo

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Nintendoes what Segdon't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crafty