Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

fsif posted:

For every Aaron Rodgers there are 50 Ryan Mallettes

Still seems dumb to make an absolutist statement like that. Brady sat, Rodgers sat, Palmer sat, Romo sat, Eli sat, Rivers sat, Brees sat. Those are some pretty good quarterbacks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

today i found out that the vast majority of QBs suck compared to the elite of the elite and only a few of those can be 'fixed' by anything no matter what it is. If you think otherwise then you probably have a lot of skeletons in your drat closet. A "hell load".

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Grittybeard posted:

This is a good read, which you can choose to believe or not believe. As far as I remember it hasn't been discounted at least.

Hey thanks that was a good read.

I dunno how real it is. It sounded real. "Everyone does it" is the universal excuse for bad behavior, though, so maybe it's not quite as widespread as presented. Or maybe it is, I have no way to judge.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Is it possible for Dalvin Cook to fall to the second round? I feel like his draft stock has been rising a lot this week.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

RotoWorld posted:

ESPN’s Adam Schefter reported on SportsCenter Wednesday that his sources think the Browns will select UNC QB Mitchell Trubisky No. 1 overall instead of Texas A&M DE Garrett.

"I continue to hear that Mitchell Trubisky is square in consideration and may turn out to be the No. 1 pick," Schefter said. "Now I know everyone thinks Myles Garrett’s going to be the pick, and I will not be surprised if that’s the case ... But I have got very smart, very well-connected people telling me over the last 24 hours that they think Trubisky’s going to be the No. 1 pick." This would be a true stunner. With the assumption that Cleveland would take Garrett in mind, we didn't understood why Cleveland would let it leak that they were considering taking Trubisky No. 1 overall, since that news would only serve to steal leverage in trade talks if and when they attempted to move up from No. 12. Those reports would begin to make sense if Cleveland actually intended to take Trubisky. Thursday night is going to be a wild ride.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Cavauro posted:

today i found out that the vast majority of QBs suck compared to the elite of the elite and only a few of those can be 'fixed' by anything no matter what it is. If you think otherwise then you probably have a lot of skeletons in your drat closet. A "hell load".

I disagree

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

a neat cape posted:

Still seems dumb to make an absolutist statement like that. Brady sat, Rodgers sat, Palmer sat, Romo sat, Eli sat, Rivers sat, Brees sat. Those are some pretty good quarterbacks

has anyone since rodgers sat & then performed at a high level? there's got to be someone but I'm not thinking of anyone

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

mastershakeman posted:

has anyone since rodgers sat & then performed at a high level? there's got to be someone but I'm not thinking of anyone

I can't think of any, but I can't think of any first round QBs since Rodgers who've sat at all

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Well, the plan WAS to sit Bortles. But, Chad Henne self destructed in every way humanly possible.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Maybe, just maybe. A blanket rule for the hardest position in pro sports to develop, produce or predict is dumb.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

Logic: No team would let on that they value the QB as a #1 pick if they wanted to trade up for him from #12, or hoped that he dropped that far.

Counterpoint: Browns.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

mastershakeman posted:

Cutler didn't technically start until W12, which is longer than Eli or Goff sat. As far I can tell hes the last first rounder to sit and subsequently make a Pro Bowl. Paxton Lynch remains to be seen.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

The Browns are going to be really bad this year and will be in prime position to draft Sam Darnold, who is actually really good, unlike Mitch

How the gently caress is Mitch a #1 pick?

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Diva Cupcake posted:

Paxton Lynch remains to be seen.

I thought current plans were to sit Paxton Lynch until he retires at the end of his rookie deal.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

The Browns are going to be really bad this year and will be in prime position to draft Sam Darnold, who is actually really good, unlike Mitch
I just want to toss out that last year's super early mocks had DeShaun Watson #1 and Chad Kelly #2 overall. Kelly wont even get drafted.

No one has any idea what Darnold will be once he has a larger sample and if he actually is good, he might not even declare.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
It sure is CONVENIENT timing for the Conley rape allegations to pop up. Two days from the draft? Get the gently caress out of here.

Either the girl is crazy and is trying to cash in on ruining a guy's life that turned her down or whatever.

Or whoever drafts him in the next few days planted it and know his name will clear.

Or he raped her.

But this just smells an awful lot like bullshit.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

89 posted:

It sure is CONVENIENT timing for the Conley rape allegations to pop up. Two days from the draft? Get the gently caress out of here.

Either the girl is crazy and is trying to cash in on ruining a guy's life that turned her down or whatever.

Or whoever drafts him in the next few days planted it and know his name will clear.

Or he raped her.

why wouldn't you cash in after he got drafted instead of before he makes any money

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

89 posted:

Or he raped her.

Stop posting for a bit.
You're wandering down a path.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I'm just hyped for the draft, y'all :dance:

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

That's an odd way to express hype.

I've moved on and now want Kizer over Mahomes for no real reason. If we do draft him though I'm buying a Prussian war helm.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Diva Cupcake posted:

"I continue to hear that Mitchell Trubisky is square in consideration and may turn out to be the No. 1 pick," Schefter said. "Now I know everyone thinks Myles Garrett’s going to be the pick, and I will not be surprised if that’s the case ... But I have got very smart, very well-connected people telling me over the last 24 hours that they think Trubisky’s going to be the No. 1 pick."

People will laugh but I think this is the right move. If you like Trubisky enough to trade up from 12 then just take him first and save draft picks to fill out your terrible roster.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

How the gently caress is Mitch a #1 pick?

Jimmy Haslam and analytics. I hope he dies soon and the wife sells the team already.

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004
So I'm only going to add that she was forthcoming to authorities immediately, and had a rape kit done, which, while not a fool proof testament to her veracity, at least offer the veneer of credibility, IMO.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

aBagorn posted:

So I'm only going to add that she was forthcoming to authorities immediately, and had a rape kit done, which, while not a fool proof testament to her veracity, at least offer the veneer of credibility, IMO.

Also what was she wearing.

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

I dunno if they're worth it, but please, teams take as many quarterbacks as possible in the top 5.

whatever keeps carolina from taking McCaffrey 8th

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I mean who wouldn't sleep with him right

We can't even get the expert opinion. He's probated!

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

aBagorn posted:

Also I heard she tried really hard to keep her knees closed during it.

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004
So I'm saying that she's probably telling the truth and he's probably a scumbag. I'm not sure if that came through with my last post because I suck at words.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Diva Cupcake posted:

RotoWorld posted:
ESPN’s Adam Schefter reported on SportsCenter Wednesday that his sources think the Browns will select UNC QB Mitchell Trubisky No. 1 overall instead of Texas A&M DE Garrett.

"I continue to hear that Mitchell Trubisky is square in consideration and may turn out to be the No. 1 pick," Schefter said. "Now I know everyone thinks Myles Garrett’s going to be the pick, and I will not be surprised if that’s the case ... But I have got very smart, very well-connected people telling me over the last 24 hours that they think Trubisky’s going to be the No. 1 pick." This would be a true stunner. With the assumption that Cleveland would take Garrett in mind, we didn't understood why Cleveland would let it leak that they were considering taking Trubisky No. 1 overall, since that news would only serve to steal leverage in trade talks if and when they attempted to move up from No. 12. Those reports would begin to make sense if Cleveland actually intended to take Trubisky. Thursday night is going to be a wild ride.

When the hell did Mitch Trubisky become a legitimate or even possible candidate to be the number one draft pick? What the hell Browns?

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Silly Burrito posted:

When the hell did Mitch Trubisky become a legitimate or even possible candidate to be the number one draft pick? What the hell Browns?

Always assume the Browns-est scenario possible. Manziel flames out. Trade away from Wentz who looks like a hit. Draft Trubisky despite dozens of red flags surrounding him while Garrett becomes the next JJ.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
So there gonna be a good chat room or what?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

89 posted:

So there gonna be a good chat room or what?

discord, plus a thread where everyone will make fun of me when the panthers take the white runningback.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

a neat cape posted:

None of those players were drafted within the last decade.

Tyrod is probably one of the better more recent examples, but he was drafted in the sixth and the Ravens STILL got no real value from him.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
I hope the Bucs don't draft someone I'll have to try to defend for a change. That never works out for me.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
I hope KC drafts Mahomes, Jarrad Davis, or McCaffrey, or Cook

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Diva Cupcake posted:

I just want to toss out that last year's super early mocks had DeShaun Watson #1 and Chad Kelly #2 overall. Kelly wont even get drafted.

I still think someone will take Kelly before the draft is over, but it took quite a bit to get to the point where Kelly might not get drafted. A bunch of it his fault, some of it bad luck.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I just want TJ Watt on the Packers, I don't care if he ends up closer to AJ Hawk than Clay Matthews

I'm really tired of Ted trying to draft defensive linemen

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

fsif posted:

None of those players were drafted within the last decade.

Tyrod is probably one of the better more recent examples, but he was drafted in the sixth and the Ravens STILL got no real value from him.

The majority guys coming out today are less pro ready.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

McGinn's final mock which is usually amongst the most accurate. Trubs #1.

https://twitter.com/JoshNorris/status/857429880316801025

• Locked thread