Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

BrianWilly posted:

Canonically your character is dead :colbert:

and that's exactly what they deserve for making everyone get less cash

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?

Number Ten Cocks posted:

I think he was just restating the eternal truism that you scrubs need to git gud, not providing a warranty on that particular build concept.
I will be happy to git gud as soon as someone makes an XCOM clone set in ME universe.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Ephemeron posted:

I will be happy to git gud as soon as someone makes an XCOM clone set in ME universe.

I'm down with this. That would own

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Make it a prequel. Mass Effect: First Contact, The short-lived war been humans and the Turians after we first encountered them. Throw in the other council races as part of What If? scenarios.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Ephemeron posted:

New XCOM or old XCOM?

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I would also be happy with a mass effect clone set in the xcom universe

Not the bureau, that was mediocre

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Every game I join is basically Kett these days. I guess people really want their plate or whatever.

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~
Said the spider to the fly~

Ainsley McTree posted:

I would also be happy with a mass effect clone set in the xcom universe

Not the bureau, that was mediocre

Wasn't there like a fic about that somewhere or something?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Ephemeron posted:

Low level players have a 10% chance to lose control of their characters when they take damage.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

So is that engineering item worth even using, or just good for the collection on my wall?

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

+10% of nothing is still nothing.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

+15% of nothing, actually!

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
I have no idea what Bioware is thinking when pretty much every class has a tree that increases melee damage by 80 to 200% and then the Jug Shield is a further 75% on top of that AND you have +50% melee gun mods. And then the loving tech, guns, and biotic gear is 15% and their corresponding skill choices are smaller bonuses as well.

It also bugs me more than it should that bayonet gun mods still boost melee when there's no longer a loving rifle butt/pistol whip move, it's all omni-blades and what used to be specialized heavy melees.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Malachite_Dragon posted:

+10% of nothing is still nothing.

Counterpoint: they might accidentally make it useful in a later balance patch. Unless there's something else you're saving your apex app bux for, you might as well grab it now.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

how do you buy poo poo in this stupid apex app?

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Hexenritter posted:

haha you don't, you have to buy in game with the funds you earnt in the app

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

Hexenritter posted:

Go home and log into MEA. It's just there to mock you, I think.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

:psyduck:

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Yea you can buy stuff for your teams, not your characters.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Oh, but did you want to rename your characters in the game? gently caress you. Go do that in the app.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

:lol: what a shitshow

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
I've finished BotW and Horizon: ZD and they still haven't fixed the crashes in this game. I would get a refund if I could.

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005
Just fell off a corner of the map and it teleported me across to the other side of the level and an Ascendant was already casting his insta-kill bubble before I could move.

Thanks Obioware!

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/ehlien/status/857328664588845056

https://twitter.com/ehlien/status/857327144409628677

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Oh boy just what I wanted, being allowed the privilege to play on Firebase Paradox.
You spoil us bioware.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

It's weird that they designed their infrastructure to let them do that without a patch, but not balance weapons that way, even though they knew that was a successful thing from ME3.

I wonder what the playercount graph has been looking like since the first patch.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Digirat posted:

I wonder what the playercount graph has been looking like since the first patch.

Someone less :effort: than me can shop the Andromeda Initiative logo over it.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

My favorite part of the Apex app is how I can send out two strike teams before I have to restart it because of a memory leak.

Also wow the Halberd's a huge piece of poo poo that can't kill anything

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

RBA Starblade posted:

My favorite part of the Apex app is how I can send out two strike teams before I have to restart it because of a memory leak.

Oh so thats why it slows down to a crawl.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
Im about to spit some heresy here.
I think the Asari Duelist might be my new favorite vanguard over the krogan.

I have her at Rank I and shes devouring Gold like holy poo poo.

E: the fact shes fast and the biotic dodge teleports through walls is loving awesome for picking fights and then gtfo to regroup.

Error 404 fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Apr 27, 2017

Rocketpriest
Nov 28, 2006
Alias: Non-Demoninational Minister Capable of Sub-Atmospheric Flight

RBA Starblade posted:

As a straight upgrade to the Mattock it gets better at what the Mattock already excels at: being loving terrible

Seriously, my Mattock hit rank X today, so I figured I'd finally take it out and see what nine ranks and a buff did for it since I first pulled it: 6 shots to take down an observer shield on bronze. Yup, Mattock still bad.

I'm beginning to get a little demoralized with my inability to pull a vanquisher out of expert packs too - I DID get two ranks of the Venom, another rank of Angora Insurgent, and Asari Huntress V though! So... yay?

Whatever, still not bored of being the Best at Biotics with the Asari Adept yet, and I've got Asari Duelist to level now too, so at least I'm not poo poo out of luck when it comes to killing poo poo in a timely manner until my vanquisher luck changes (or I get a Black Widow, the sniper rifle I really want).

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Error 404 posted:

Im about to spit some heresy here.
I think the Asari Duelist might be my new favorite vanguard over the krogan.

I have her at Rank I and shes devouring Gold like holy poo poo.

E: the fact shes fast and the biotic dodge teleports through walls is loving awesome for picking fights and then gtfo to regroup.

I got first place on silver with the krogladiator at level 1. It's super hard to kill!

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

RBA Starblade posted:

I got first place on silver with the krogladiator at level 1. It's super hard to kill!

I love krogan but gently caress they are slow and it sucks getting killed all the time because I can't run away.

Asari Duelist: I must kill fast, and bullets too slow!

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013
Just got myself a Vanquisher, had gotten a Black Widow in the box before so in not sure I'll be using it much. Took me a while to get those, almost Apex 5000.

Thr vanquisher is no joke it make quick work of those annoying berserker.

The frustrating thing with the Black Widow is that when you head shot gold Raiders with it (human infiltrator) they are left with something like 1hp. I hope we get the sniper rifle damage mod this week.

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

I don't think there's a sniper rifle damage buff armor. The last one looks like shotgun/pistol. You're left with farming the barrels. I think they're Rare.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Hey guys, I'm playing with my friend on PS4. PSN name is cam4v. We're only early yet - I'm playing a Lv5 Krogan Engineer and he has a Lv4 Human Soldier (he doesn't play Mass Effect in general, I introduced him to the MP as Destiny/Gears of More, and he absolutely loves it so far).

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

Krogort posted:

Just got myself a Vanquisher, had gotten a Black Widow in the box before so in not sure I'll be using it much. Took me a while to get those, almost Apex 5000.

Thr vanquisher is no joke it make quick work of those annoying berserker.

The frustrating thing with the Black Widow is that when you head shot gold Raiders with it (human infiltrator) they are left with something like 1hp. I hope we get the sniper rifle damage mod this week.

What's the base damage of your bw? 1100? Munitions 3 or 4b should push it over that breakpoint. Or a barrel 1.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

lemonadesweetheart posted:

I don't think there's a sniper rifle damage buff armor. The last one looks like shotgun/pistol. You're left with farming the barrels. I think they're Rare.

According to someone in discord (relentless I think) that's just a mistake in the graphic. You should be able to buff any weapon type with gear. Either way we'll find out today since the last one should be cycling in now.

10% sniper damage should actually be pretty good since it's really common to barely not hit a breakpoint to kill with some sniper or other. All the other ones are forgettable since you're not saving poo poo like the "totally gold viable" venom and zalkin with 10% more damage.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Guerrilla upgrade is in the store now. It gives 10% to sniper rifle and pistol damage.

There's also been hints that you get 2 seconds of bonus damage with tactical cloak without taking the 6b evo.

I'm trying it out now. The bonus damage definitely lasts for more than a single shot without 6b, I can't tell if taking 6b gives you more time with the damage bonus though. If it doesn't then all 6b is doing is increasing your cloak's recharge time for almost no reason (being invisible while firing does have some utility, it's probably not worth the trade off though).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

Nice. Do they have a balance patch scheduled for this any time soon?

• Locked thread