Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phssthpok
Nov 7, 2004

fingers like strings of walnuts
If eating brains gives you humanity and memories, then couldn't Major beat amnesia by eating his own brain?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Phssthpok posted:

If eating brains gives you humanity and memories, then couldn't Major beat amnesia by eating his own brain?

Pretty sure he still needs them in his head...

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Wasn't that a scene in a Hannibal film?

durk onion
Oct 25, 2010
Man, this Ravi/Peyton/Blaine crap couldn't be any more cliche. Please stop.

I also really hope Blaine is faking the memory loss. If he is, you know how hard it is for him to not react to his father, and that's just how bad he wants to start over and be good.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

durk onion posted:

I wish someone could buy the CW and put out a full-time ban on melodrama because god.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
In a sense I'm glad I've seen all the CW DC shows because I think I've been inoculated to all other melodrama. The stuff that's been happening with that triangle is incredibly tame if you watched Arrow, Flash, or season 3 of Veronica Mars.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007
The love triangle is pretty cliche and terrible but it's hard not to side with Ravi though.

Blaine's not just a dick, he's killed kids along with a shitload of horrible things and the fact that Peyton and the others give him a pass just because he forget is pretty hard to accept. Killing and eating the brains of children is pretty irredeemable even for a CW character.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

Wow. Ravi had ALL of the moral highground until he did that scummy thing and kissed one girl while his other one snuck out the back. Still never going to be as bad as Blaine, but with all this poo poo, Peyton should just concentrate on herself.

Also, Liv didn't get ONE useful brain-flash this episode. They're really ix-naying the procedural part of the show to focus on the overarching story.

...but they also gave me more dancing Liv.

EDIT: Bonus Major dancing!

Pan Dulce fucked around with this message at 08:50 on Apr 19, 2017

prak
Jan 3, 2006

---------
Nap Ghost

Facebook Aunt posted:

I wonder why it even needs to be human brain? These are supposed to be science zombies not magic zombies. Are there any 'nutrients' in human brains that aren't also found in pig brains? The zombie rat seemed interested in eating Ravi, not just other rats.
If these are science zombies then Ravi is sitting on the greatest medical discovery since germ theory. Sure there are some minor memory side effects but working alone without money or equipment in only two years and he already might have that solved in rats? It is a cure for anything short of death.

Ravi is a monster and I'm waiting for Fillmore Graves to get into space exploration.

Also, back of the envelope, the King County area has a zombie carrying capacity of a little over 1000 so they are a relatively small company. (Assuming one brain per month per zombie and perfect brain harvesting. Organ donation for the entire United States would only support five.)

prak fucked around with this message at 09:56 on Apr 19, 2017

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Please, don't be my neighbor.
Have they ever established just how wide-spread the whole zombie thing is? Is Team Z going about their thing in Montana, too? Missouri? Maine? Morocco? Mongolia?

The Moon?

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Tumblr of scotch posted:

Have they ever established just how wide-spread the whole zombie thing is? Is Team Z going about their thing in Montana, too? Missouri? Maine? Morocco? Mongolia?

The Moon?

AFAIK, there are only two events that we know of that caused mass zombie spawning, and both were in Seattle: the boat party and the Fillmore-Graves holiday picnic.

Of course, there's nothing stopping zombies from those events from traveling elsewhere and possibly spreading Z-ness.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Pan Dulce posted:

...but they also gave me more dancing Liv.

I will never get tired of dancing Liv and her little socks dance when her boyfriend ate gay brains is possibly the cutest she's ever been in this show.

Also, did anyone notice McIver changed her stance and projection to reflect the yoga brain she had just eaten? It's a little thing, and I'm sure all actors do it, but she looked completely different just walking around and interacting with people without actually changing her appearance.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Tumblr of scotch posted:

The Moon?

we put zombies on the moon, not because it was easy, but because it was awesome

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

durk onion posted:

It is super terrible.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

It is super terrible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Ymc_5dake0&t=139s

This is where my head goes any time there is melodrama.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
Holy poo poo the 2nd episode . Major on teenage brain and Liv on Dad brain.

Lol Wally turning Clive on to watching Game of Thrones .

Hollismason fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Apr 20, 2017

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS

Pan Dulce posted:

Also, Liv didn't get ONE useful brain-flash this episode. They're really ix-naying the procedural part of the show to focus on the overarching story.

I'd say this episode actually put more focus on the procedural part than usual, since the crime was entirely solved by actual criminal investigation procedure this time rather than getting lucky breaks with a post-brain consumption flashback.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Slashrat posted:

I'd say this episode actually put more focus on the procedural part than usual, since the crime was entirely solved by actual criminal investigation procedure this time rather than getting lucky breaks with a post-brain consumption flashback.

Right, but the brain was almost unnecessary. The only insight Liv had about the case was that the guy had legit gone new agey, it wasn't an act or a scam. He was attacked from behind and had no idea a guy he hadn't seen in 5 years had killed him, so all the brain could reveal was that he had no current enemies or drama.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

durk onion posted:

It is paint-by-numbers CW Romance Plot #00001. Swap Ravi for Stefan, Peyton for Elena and Blaine for Damon and I wouldn't notice the difference

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Slashrat posted:

I am insanely proud of Clive for solving his first murder in 3 years without supernatural intervention

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

Even Rahul Kohli doesn't dig his character's actions.

https://twitter.com/RahulKohli13/status/855923855394787329

His twitter is chock-full of him replying pithily at his fans. It's great.

Pan Dulce fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Apr 24, 2017

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Ravi got infected by nanobots and turned evil over on Supergirl. I don't like the latest CW crossover. :(

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

"Human rights are for humans." Seems legit crazy gunshop owner.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
I gotta say hearing Ravi call Major "Don Quixote" and then playing Man Of La Mancha during his big hero moment is the exact kind of silliness I expect from this show :allears:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Okay so.

Has anyone given thought to the fact that known sociopath and manipulative liar Blaine DeBeers is the one being asked if his old memories of being a sociopath and manipulative liar have come back yet?

Anyone?

No?

Okay then, carry on

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Chokes McGee posted:

Okay so.

Has anyone given thought to the fact that known sociopath and manipulative liar Blaine DeBeers is the one being asked if his old memories of being a sociopath and manipulative liar have come back yet?

Anyone?

No?

Okay then, carry on

Look Peyton has a huge lady boner for Blaine and she is going to bone him no matter what.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

A definite person of interest, but not any crazier than the talk show host we met earlier. I wouldn't be surprised if everybody we'll end up meeting is in on this business in one way or another like how the office plot of today's victim worked out. Left field option is maybe Ravi's boss or someone we just haven't ended up meeting yet who isn't actually one of the zombie-racists but is intent on sweeping things under the rug/eliminating a potential epidemic before it gets out of control/etc and caught a break on their goals with the happenstance exposure on the message board instead of someone who actually considers themselves a regular user.

I've convinced myself Blaine is faking the memory loss, Major giving up his personal vaccine is too ripe for drama for that not to be how this goes down. What's-her-face gets cured, realizes she didn't forget Major and tries to find him after escaping captivity, bumps into Olivia, and Olivia has to somehow get to Major before he dies... and of course even if Major survives Blaine goes right back to being a major villain again, let alone if something else goes wrong.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Look Peyton has a huge lady boner for Blaine and she is going to bone him no matter what.

I did like that Liv at least called her out with the whole "You know if Blaine stays like he is it means that Major dies and I'm a zombie forever, right?" thing. Kind of wish she had pushed it a little harder, and Peyton kind of brushed it off in the name of boning, but still nice to see someone push back.

try the new taco place
Jan 4, 2004

hey mister... can u play drums while I sing and play plastic guitar???
Today, in 2017, there has still never been an amnesia plot line that wasn't worthless dog poo poo that brought down the rest of the show.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
Holy poo poo , next week's preview.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

try the new taco place posted:

Today, in 2017, there has still never been an amnesia plot line that wasn't worthless dog poo poo that brought down the rest of the show.

Piping hot takes, served fresh from the tviv kitchen!

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Hollismason posted:

Holy poo poo , next week's preview.

I'd let Liv dominate me.

try the new taco place
Jan 4, 2004

hey mister... can u play drums while I sing and play plastic guitar???

Chokes McGee posted:

Piping hot takes, served fresh from the tviv kitchen!

I'm 100% sure I posted this about the first season of 24, too

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I really love how Major and Ravi play games but it's just a thing and they don't make a big deal about it. Also somehow unlike every other show ever they use actual games. Like Halo 5, Shadow of Mordor and last week Dying Light.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

TMMadman posted:

I'd let Liv dominate me.

Liv is pretty dead, we try not to sexualize her.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

jscolon2.0 posted:

Liv is pretty dead, we try not to sexualize her.

cold girl, warm night, &c.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Man, actually showing up and trying to shut down that radio show was a bad move. Just let it be inane bullshit conspiracy theories, showing up and trying to prevent that kinda nonsense just gives it legitimacy.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Pavi and/or Reyton is killing my enjoyment of the show, but Man of La Mancha playing as Major rolled up was so good

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
Forgive me, but Season 2 was getting complicated toward the end, and it has been a long time since I watched it. Why is Major coughing and dying? I might be getting this way wrong, but wasn't he made into a zombie at the end of Season 1 to save his life after the Meat Cute shoot-out? What happened to him after that to make his zombie situation so unique?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

Forgive me, but Season 2 was getting complicated toward the end, and it has been a long time since I watched it. Why is Major coughing and dying? I might be getting this way wrong, but wasn't he made into a zombie at the end of Season 1 to save his life after the Meat Cute shoot-out? What happened to him after that to make his zombie situation so unique?

Major was turned into a Zombie. Then Ravi developed a cure that both Blaine and Major took (Blaine first). It was discovered that the cure was temporary, and also would eventually kill those that took it (shown by the lab rat Ravi was testing dying). Blaine took cure 2.0 which apparently had the side effect of amnesia (or Blaine is faking the entire amnesia thing). Ravi MAY have developed a cure to the memory loss, but it seems that it didn't work (unless Blaine is a big fake phony, which is possible).

• Locked thread