Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Psawhn
Jan 15, 2011
I would like to re-submit Operation Falafel Ranger for inclusion in plans going forward.

That S-300 isn't going to go down if we just toss a couple missiles their way. We need a dedicated strike package to overwhelm its defenses and destroy it.

Now to actually watch the mission to see what actually happened, heh. I'm curious to see what kind of a fix we got on that S-300.

Edit: I also want to say that it's pretty amusing seeing how much more money we're getting from performance bonuses than from ordinary mission payouts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

Next Mission will be to take out the SA-10 and Bulgarians. The penalty is we're doing it for nothing. Success is not having it in theater.

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

So, I've, like, designed a really sweet attack plan that I'm calling Attack Plan Ded Moroz, like "Deadmau5!"

WUB!
Time to throw our ground team at the problem. If that isn't an option, we need to put some actual effort into killing the SAM site rather than lobbing a pair of missiles at it and hoping for the best.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Yooper posted:

Next Mission will be to take out the SA-10 and Bulgarians. The penalty is we're doing it for nothing. Success is not having it in theater.

Honestly, with how much of a threat that thing is? This is worth more than money.

Dr. Snark
Oct 15, 2012

I'M SORRY, OK!? I admit I've made some mistakes, and Jones has clearly paid for them.
But ma'am! Jones' only crime was looking at the wrong files!
I beg of you, don't ship away Jones, he has a wife and kids!

-United Nations Intelligence Service

Yooper posted:

Ah, so that's how that's panning out. A pain, but not an unbearable one.

Given how many planes we shot down *again* during this mission and the fact that the Sultan's Fist has pulled out I doubt it'll be too bad though.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
SHOOT ME IN THE GODDAMNED FACE
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!

Dr. Snark posted:

Ah, so that's how that's panning out. A pain, but not an unbearable one.

Given how many planes we shot down *again* during this mission and the fact that the Sultan's Fist has pulled out I doubt it'll be too bad though.

As mentioned, a great many of our plans threw at least two full Gripen loads of SDBs at the drat thing. We just happened to vote for one that did not. If you're right and they've lost a lot of aircraft, including one full merc group pulling out, we should be able to spare them this time.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I just hope we got another air admiral thrown to the lions.

We need to do that as often as possible.

Bacarruda
Mar 30, 2011

Mutiny!?! More like "reinterpreted orders"

Psawhn posted:

I would like to re-submit Operation Falafel Ranger for inclusion in plans going forward.

That S-300 isn't going to go down if we just toss a couple missiles their way. We need a dedicated strike package to overwhelm its defenses and destroy it.

Agreed.

Black Diamond wasn't aggressive enough about dealing with the S-300 and that's on me. Endorsing your plan for the next go-around.

e: although I think we may want to task both the Tornadoes to the attack mission and maybe add a second pair of Gripens.

Davin Valkri posted:

As mentioned, a great many of our plans threw at least two full Gripen loads of SDBs at the drat thing. We just happened to vote for one that did not. If you're right and they've lost a lot of aircraft, including one full merc group pulling out, we should be able to spare them this time.

That is the benefit of having had all the Gripens on CAP. We had enough Meteors to deal with all their air threats before they could get a shot offf. Pulling off Gripens would have weakened our CAP and some leakers might have gotten through.

Bacarruda fucked around with this message at 07:44 on Apr 27, 2017

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

Night10194 posted:

I just hope we got another air admiral thrown to the lions.

We need to do that as often as possible.

How far does the Dictator have to go before he just puts the big cats in charge?

Dr. Snark
Oct 15, 2012

I'M SORRY, OK!? I admit I've made some mistakes, and Jones has clearly paid for them.
But ma'am! Jones' only crime was looking at the wrong files!
I beg of you, don't ship away Jones, he has a wife and kids!

-United Nations Intelligence Service

Bacarruda posted:

Agreed.

Black Diamond wasn't aggressive enough about dealing with the S-300 and that's on me. Endorsing your plan for the next go-around.

Honestly though I'm not sure we could have spared the Gripens without some serious problems. There were a lot of enemy planes in the air again and if we didn't have them firing Meteors at anything that was flying pretty much all the time things would have been much worse than getting one mine bombed.

Again, hopefully we'll get a drat breather on that front thanks to the events of this mission and be able to focus on pounding that S-300 into oblivion. Maybe the second replacement air admiral will realize that flinging planes at our Meteor-equipped Gripens with AWACS support is a Bad Idea and lay off. They've taken obscene air casualties twice over now, so...

Dr. Snark fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Apr 27, 2017

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
SHOOT ME IN THE GODDAMNED FACE
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!
Incidentally, I can't help but notice that our planning has been operating on the assumption that we're facing an SA-20, and the spoilers have us facing down an SA-10. It just so happens that the Bulgarians have a perfect match to the SA-10...

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

If I pretend to be Cthulhu no one will know I'm a baseball robot.

Bacarruda posted:

Agreed.

That is the benefit of having had all the Gripens on CAP. We had enough Meteors to deal with all their air threats before they could get a shot offf. Pulling off Gripens would have weakened our CAP and some leakers might have gotten through.

I was specifically voting for your 'work around it' CONOPS because the plans to try and go hard on the S-300 were not viable given the other threats. I'd still advocate working around it, but if the dedicated mission is to go after it, then let's do that.

We need more SEAD and EWAR.

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013
A message from "Pilot" "Doctor" Spaceman.

Now, I may not "officially" be working for you right now, but I'd like to give a big congratulations to our brave pilots. After all, according to all known laws of aviation, there is no way a plane can fly. It's a mystery and one we'll never solve.

It can't have been easy out there, I know, Bulgarians are tenacious fighters when they're after what was theirs. Angola may just have been a vassal of the fourth Bulgarian empire, according to my studies, but they'll fight tooth and nail for it anyway.

So again, a big con-gra-du-lations to everyone! And if you ever need a prescription no-questions-asked, well, you know where to find me.

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

So, I've, like, designed a really sweet attack plan that I'm calling Attack Plan Ded Moroz, like "Deadmau5!"

WUB!
Unless Badger disagrees, our plane is now named either "Diamonds Aren't Forever" or "Diamond is Breakable".

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!

NewMars posted:

So again, a big con-gra-du-lations to everyone! And if you ever need a prescription no-questions-asked, well, you know where to find me.

Actually we have no idea where to find you, on account of the whole 'witness protection' thing.

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013

thatbastardken posted:

Actually we have no idea where to find you, on account of the whole 'witness protection' thing.

Well, don't tell nobody, but my office is in hanger two. (It's the one with namecapS on it.)

NewMars fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Apr 27, 2017

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Yooper posted:

Next Goal : Plan a way to kill that Grumble. Oh, and we might have a chance to procure some planes...

Is it still procurement if they're free?

power crystals
Jun 6, 2007

Who wants a belly rub??

Well I guess I'll just resubmit my plan mostly as is because I'm pretty sure it would have worked provided there wwren't so many fighters (which should the case now...). I think the opening cruise missile salvo would be pointless though since the S300 can't see them coming anyway, might as well replace those with HARMs. I'll repost it with that and whatever other changes I think of when it comes to proposal time.

Also holy poo poo that Gorgon Stare system was type classifying aircraft at 100nm that thing is insane.

And :rip: that one Sperwer that wasn't even cool enough to get a pilot assigned.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Wow.

The video cut out after the Taurus failure and then I look down and NAILS IS loving DEAD

THE ONLY ONE

GOD DAMNIT

Can I get his brother Hammer in the queue, also calling dibs on our first F-35?

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

So, uh, my apologies for my questionable missile shooting. I will get that drat SAM next time

After that horrific slaughter I guarantee another air marshal meets the lions.

Psawhn
Jan 15, 2011
Just to think, if Yooper was willing to dive into totally un-fun micromanagement, our Gripens would be pretty much invulnerable to anything not-stealth. Launch Meteors at max range, then turn 180 degrees and run away while letting the S 100B guide the missiles in. Even I'm not crazy enough to advocate doing that since it will suck the soul out of the LP.

Cimbri
Feb 6, 2015

The Sandman posted:

Unless Badger disagrees, our plane is now named either "Diamonds Aren't Forever" or "Diamond is Breakable".

Sure, why not.

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

Bacarruda posted:

Agreed.

I still think your plan was the best bet given the variety of threats present. We'll have a better fix on the s-300's location and fewer distractions next time! And with any luck with a second ewar plane or some more planes capable of using anti-radiation missiles

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Yooper posted:

Eh, the Lithium stipend will make up for it. Although it seems like we will need add 'protecting the mines' to our list of plates to juggle.

Do we have an ETA on the bombed mine & Menongue being restored to functionality? I mean, obviously we want to avoid splitting our forces too much (especially with the limited AAA coverage we'd have for both bases), but it'd be nice to have the option.

How badly was that airfield messed up? Did Rohan kill the runway or just smash up the planes? If it's the former, then that area will hopefully be safer from air attack. If it's the latter, fingers crossed it'll still be out of action for a while to come.

Since the feed cut out what exactly did the Free State go after in the end? Did they go ahead with bombing the palace?

I suspect that we may see another merc company brought in to replace the Sultan's Fist - the Dictator still has the money for it and he needs the numbers.

Wonder what the Count is spending his share on (other than aid, of course). I'd suggest he invest in his ground troops (or failing that, we do it on his behalf), because it's all well and good we shoot down the enemy's air force and blow up all his tanks, if the men on the ground can't capitalise on it, it's not going to mean much.

I'm beginning to wonder if we be more cautious about the free state - they're mostly just getting stronger while we're fighting in the south, even if they are a bunch of libertarians.

Bacarruda
Mar 30, 2011

UberJew posted:

I still think your plan was the best bet given the variety of threats present. We'll have a better fix on the s-300's location and fewer distractions next time! And with any luck with a second ewar plane or some more planes capable of using anti-radiation missiles

Looking back, we were in an either-or situation. We could kill the diamond convoy, but leave the S-300 be and miss out on the Bulgarians. We could ignore the diamonds and kill the Bulgarians. Or we could try to both and leave ourselves exposed to fighter attack.

Thankfully, the last threat is much reduced. We've taken every fighter that's faced us to the woodshed. I think we've gunned down like 20-30% of the Angolan Air Force at this point. We've blown up half of the Sultan's Fist. Not to mention all the Fishbeds and JF-17s we clobbered in Tibet.

Tythas
Oct 3, 2013

Never felt at home in reality
Always hiding behind avatars

I am pretty sure angolia should only have 3-6 Su-27's left (as of current date they have 13)

RA Rx
Mar 24, 2016

You know, with such a nice steady flow of red meat in the casualties section I'm actually surprisingly fine with beating the AI like a redheaded step child.

Looking forwards to my short and glorious career in the air!

---

On the​ flip side of the coin, I guess the game doesn't simulate pilots ejecting, but we could roll for recovery ourselves?

RA Rx fucked around with this message at 09:36 on Apr 27, 2017

Cimbri
Feb 6, 2015

RA Rx posted:

You know, with such a nice steady flow of red meat in the casualties section I'm actually surprisingly fine with beating the AI like a redheaded step child.

Looking forwards to my short and glorious career in the air!

---

On the​ flip side of the coin, I guess the game doesn't simulate pilots ejecting, but we could roll for recovery ourselves?

It's assumed you managed to survive unless you decide otherwise (aka, want a new call sign I guess), it's just that getting shot down means going to the end of the plane waiting line.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Cimbri posted:

It's assumed you managed to survive unless you decide otherwise (aka, want a new call sign I guess), it's just that getting shot down means going to the end of the plane waiting line.

Truly the worst possible fate.

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

Operation Black Diamond was a kind of success. On one hand our payments are back to full. On the downside the Bulgarian Armor is still moving up and the SA-10 is moving with them. (Don't forget the Tunguska!) Rohan also made an appearance once we cleared the skies and laid the icing on the giant turd cake and fed it to the Sultan's First. We've got footage of them packing up and leaving Cuito Airbase.

Of more interest is the drone strike. A wing of Israeli EWAR drones came in from the north while another wing came in with Spike missiles from the sea. It seemed the comms jamming and OECM capabilities blunted the effectiveness of the dictators older fighters. A feint was launched by Shinegesae-Mitsubishi at the same time. There wasn't a ton of damage from the strike, but it did detonate a pretty significant ammo bunker.

But while the drones were heading in a strike wing of the Dictators planes hit the supply pier that the Free State was using while a massed infantry operation pushed in and seized it. So for the moment the Free State is working off of a floating dock and smuggled supplies across the Congo border.

Monongue Airport and the Lithium Mine that took a hit are both to be operational in one week. The airport is pretty hosed up, but the mine isn't too bad. They didn't hit the tunnel entrance so it's all repairable.

The New Air Marshall was delimbed by the Dictators gorillas.

While we've swatted down a bunch of birds make no mistake, the Dictator has very deep pockets. We can expect to see either more mercenaries or an export fighter of some sort.

The SA-10 is still active and the Bulgarians need to be stopped. The only thing keeping them from breaking through is a stiff defense by our infantry but they can't last much longer. If we don't knock out those armored units the line will collapse and we'll likely lose the east half of the country.

Do we bring one of the previous proposals into action or create a new one? Bacarruda, the planner of Black Diamond, endorsed Operation Falafel Ranger as a secondary op. But I'll leave it up to you guys.

OOC Chat

The mission ran very well even if the objectives weren't all completed. I thought that felt like a good mix of choices, trade offs, and commitment without weighing everything down. My stream kind of sucked, but a few of you pointed out my issue so hopefully next time it'll go smoother. Speaking of smooth the updated, full, version of the video is being uploaded right now.

The NoFly zones were a fucker. Air units won't fire into them but you can manually fire into them. So I had to do a lot of screwing around to keep a flight of F-16's from crossing the line and then it's "suddenly" missiles. We'll continue to use them, and the devs know about the issue, so hopefully we'll be all good in the future.

The SA-10 was damned tough. In most of my tests at least one Taurus got through. But oh well, that's what makes this exciting for us!

As usual, if you have any thoughts or issues please let me know. I think everythings running pretty well.

Bacarruda
Mar 30, 2011

Yooper posted:

Do we bring one of the previous proposals into action or create a new one? Bacarruda, the planner of Black Diamond, endorsed Operation Falafel Ranger as a secondary op. But I'll leave it up to you guys.

Psawhn posted:

Psawhn would you be open to modifying the Black Diamond CAS, CAP, and tanker plan and combining it with a beefed-up Falafel Ranger?

Something like this:

Falafel Delivery SEAD Package
2x Tornadoes with HARMs
2x Gripens with SDBs
1x Prowler with HARMs

Recon
1x Sperwer
1x Reaper with Gorgon Eye

WEST CAP
4x Gripens with max Meteors
1x KC-135

East CAP
2x Gripen with light Meteors
2x Phantoms with AMRAAMs
1x VC 10

CAS Package + Argus
Same as Black Diamond (minus lost/retasked aircraft)

Bacarruda fucked around with this message at 13:29 on Apr 27, 2017

power crystals
Jun 6, 2007

Who wants a belly rub??

Double The Numbers.

General Orders: Flights may proceed across the border to engage if doing so is required to enter weapons range and you are not more than once again your weapons range out of range of that target, but must remain on the Count's side when searching for targets. If more Hinds show up, prefer engaging them with IRIS or other IR missiles over Meteors and AMRAAMs if doing so does not place your aircraft at additional risk, and definitely don't cross the border to fire an IRIS. Try to avoid refueling early.

Flight 1 - Stalker
Composition/Loadouts
4x Gripen (4x Meteor, 2x IRIS)
EMCON: Silent unless required for a firing solution or spiked.
WRA: One Meteor per target.
Orders: Patrol the border from Lubango to the west edge of the front ("ST") for hostile air targets. Engage as spotted.

Flight 2 - Shepherd
Composition/Loadouts
2x Gripen (4x Meteor, 2x IRIS)
1x Phantom (4x AMRAAM, 4x Sidewinder)
WRA: One missile per target.
Orders: Launch immediately after Pridebreaker. Patrol the border along the front line ("SH") for hostile air targets to protect Angel. Engage as spotted.

Flight 3 - Pridebreaker
Composition
1x Prowler (1x HARM, 4x Jammer)
2x Tornado (2x HARM)
2x Gripen (8x SDB, 2x IRIS)
EMCON: Everything on. The entire point is to attract that S300's attention, so let's make some noise.
WRA: See below for when to launch; when conditions are met, launch everything and bail.
Orders: Launch once Stalker reaches the border. Head towards the west edge of the front and then adjust course to last known location of the S300 (the "X" though I'm kinda guessing here) and adjust to head directly for it as soon as spotted. I expect it'll get spotted before reaching the waypoint. Remain within the Prowler's jamming cover at all times; hold everybody back (refuel if necessary) if Stalker or Shepherd needs to clear the skies. Once in SDB range, fire SDBs at the S300 and one Tornado's HARMs at it. If the S300 somehow survives this, fire the rest of the HARMs at it. If not, fire the HARMs at the Tunguska. Do not fall below 30,000 feet while over hostile territory. If this flight manages to rearm before the mission ends, fly along the border and engage targets of opportunity but do not cross as stated above and retreat immediately if hostile fighters are spotted during this phase.

Flight 4 - Angel
Composition
6x Phantom (2x GBU-24, 2x AMRAAM)
2x Frogfoot (8x FAB500, 2x R60)
1x Hawk (2x Maverick, 2x Sidewinder)
6x SK60 (Rockets)
1x MQ-9 (Gorgon Stare)
WRA: One bomb/missile per target, except the Frogfoots should be set to 2 bombs per.
Orders: Launch the MQ-9 earlier in the day but keep it behind our lines ("M") until the S300 is suppressed and Shepherd/Overseer report no immediately threatening air contacts. If hostile air contacts start approaching have the MQ-9 head for the deck until Shepherd flight arrives. Launch the rest of Angel about 150nm behind Pridebreaker. Proceed to the front and engage targets of opportunity once the S300 is destroyed. Longest-ranged weapons go in first and prioritize AA threats, if any remain. If time permits, RTB for quick-turnaround rearm and do it again.

Flight 5 - Triumph
Composition
1x Phantom (2x GBU-24, 2x AMRAAM)
WRA: Fire both bombs/missiles simultaneously.
Orders: If Pridebreaker is unable to destroy the Tunguska, drop both GBU-24s on the it once Pridebreaker Winchesters and ideally moon it in the process. If time permits, quick-turnaround rearm and join Angel. If Pridebreaker destroys the Tunguska, proceed directly to Angel (mooning ground forces instead is at your discretion).

Flight 6 - Overseer
Composition
1x S100B (N/A)
1x KC-135 (N/A)
1x VC10 (N/A)
EMCON: All on.
WRA: N/A
Orders: You guys know the drill by now as far as "lazily fly in circles for a few hours" goes. KV-135 orbits below the front ("BP"); VC-10 just below Lubango ("LP"); S100B roughly in the middle ("AEW").

power crystals fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Apr 28, 2017

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Hey, where'd our ground forces go?

http://i.imgur.com/xm8GgpZ.mp4

*shakes fist in anger*

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

Cthulhu Dreams posted:

I was specifically voting for your 'work around it' CONOPS because the plans to try and go hard on the S-300 were not viable given the other threats. I'd still advocate working around it, but if the dedicated mission is to go after it, then let's do that.

We need more SEAD and EWAR.

This was my thinking as well. I specifically liked that we set aside the SAM matter to deal with our direct mission objectives. Now with some money and a purchase opportunity we can address the issue with a directed, focused attack.

Speaking of purchase opportunity (and setting aside our fantasy list of cool poo poo), imo our immediate operational needs gaps are:
1a) SEAD ships
1b) Additional Prowler/jammer(s)
3) More airframes covering existing capabilities

After all that it would be rad to have an ELINT aircraft for passive surveillance, additional/better SAMs for our current and future airbases, and maybe a larger bomber or a boat to significantly expand our capability. Probably want ASuW/ASW assets before the boat, though.

The Sandman posted:

If it were me, I'd go "Diamond Dog" and paint the plane like Bowie. Possibly like those Polish Migs with his actual face on the tail instead of just a face-paint graphic.

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

Full video is uploaded.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xpn0nIJGmoc

Quinntan
Sep 11, 2013
Operation Emerald

Objectives
1) Destroy Bulgarian SA-10 battery
2) Protect SEAD element from hostile fighters

ROE and Flight Restrictions
SEAD element aircraft are not to go below 30,000 FT
All aircraft are to not go 50nm above the front line
Until the Flap Lid radar has been destroyed, no aircraft are to go within 50nm of the target
Fire if fired upon
Fire upon anything engaging friendlies

EMCON
1) The Erieye is to use its radar at all times
2) Fighters are to remain radar off until targets have been ID'd as hostile by the Erieye
3) Jammers on SEAD element are to be activated 75nm from the target battery

General Timeline of Operations

1) Erieye takes off and prepositions itself 50nm south of the front line, running a race track pattern.
2) Tanker aircraft are to take off and preposition themselves 40nm south of the front line, running race track patterns. KC-135 to the east, VC-10 to the west
3) CAP flights take off and position themselves 20nm south of the front line, running race track patterns. 40nm between each flight. CAP 1 to the east, CAP 2 to the west, CAP 3 in the centre
4) SEAD flights take off and form on a rally point, then fly together to the target
5) SEAD flights 1 and 2 attack radar emitters, priority in this order: 5N63 FLAP LID A, 5N66 CLAM SHELL. SEAD flight is not to engage the Tunguskas
6) SEAD flights 3 and 4 attack individual SA-10 TELs and reload vehicles
7) CAP aircraft maintain air superiority until the SA-10 battery is destroyed.
8) CAS flights take off and make their way to the remnant Bulgarian force
9) CAS flights engage targets, prioritising the Tunguska and then remaining forces.

SEAD 1
1x Prowler with
1x AGM-88 HARM, 4 jammers

SEAD 2
2x Tornado IDS with
2x AGM-88 HARM

SEAD 3
2x Gripen with
8x SDB
2x Meteor
2x IRIS-T
1x drop tank

SEAD 4
2x Gripen with
8x SDB
2x Meteor
2x IRIS-T
1x drop tank

CAP 1
2x Gripen with
4x Meteor
2x IRIS-T

CAP 2
2x Gripen with
4x Meteor
2x IRIS-T

CAP 3
2x Phantom with
4x AMRAAM
4x Sidewinder

CAS 1
2x Frogfoot with
16x Vikhr

CAS 2
2x Phantom with
2x GBU-24
2x AMRAAM

CAS 3
2x Phantom with
2x GBU-24
2x AMRAAM

CAS 4
2x Phantom with
2x GBU-24
2x AMRAAM

Tanker 1
1x VC-10 K.4

Tanker 2
1x KC-135R

AEW&C
1x Saab Erieye

Yooper, please set all aircraft to refuel at 40% fuel

Quinntan fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Apr 27, 2017

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

WUB!
I'd want to send four Gripens loaded with SDBs on the DEAD strike, personally; that should ensure enough ordnance gets through to splatter the S-300 and the Tunguskas.

Might also be a good idea to have the Gripens ingress at minimum altitude and pop up to launch their bombs.

And to have the Tornados launch their HARMs at an angle to each other so that the enemy needs to shift bearing to fire on them. The Prowler's HARM should come in just a bit ahead of the Gripens to try and force the enemy to shut off their radar during the period where they could hit the Gripens before weapon release.

Edit: Yeah, something like the post above this one.

Edit2: We should name whatever plan wins "Operation Bulgaroktonos".

The Sandman fucked around with this message at 14:49 on Apr 27, 2017

Quinntan
Sep 11, 2013
Some followups on Black Diamond

1) We now know what sort of F-16s the Dictator has purchased. F-16As are decent enough strike aircraft, but they really lack for long range weaponry.

2) Our real profit, after we figure in the lost aircraft, is $83,460,000

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

Plan Baccaruda

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

The Sandman posted:

I'd want to send four Gripens loaded with SDBs on the DEAD strike, personally; that should ensure enough ordnance gets through to splatter the S-300 and the Tunguskas.

Might also be a good idea to have the Gripens ingress at minimum altitude and pop up to launch their bombs.

And to have the Tornados launch their HARMs at an angle to each other so that the enemy needs to shift bearing to fire on them. The Prowler's HARM should come in just a bit ahead of the Gripens to try and force the enemy to shut off their radar during the period where they could hit the Gripens before weapon release.

Edit: Yeah, something like the post above this one.

I'm pretty sure that SDBs get their energy by being released high and fast.