Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dylan McKay
Oct 20, 2011

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation. I refuse to see Black Panther because they didn't ask the Black Ranger to be in it.
It was terrible but was also in fact good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
Lmao. They celebrate their 100th episode with a borderline unlistenable experience instead of their most requested review.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Nicole Beyer and Jon Gabrus are the opposite of unlistenable.

Gabrus has done a couple live non-nugget power hours on his High and Mighty podcast and they're amazing train wrecks.

I just started the episode and I'm putting my prediction of Burger Boy nuggets at 25 before he gives up.

Tavarin
May 10, 2003

I am definitely a madman with a box
That was an amazing episode

SEX HAVER 40000
Aug 6, 2009

no doves fly here lol
This might be the most powerful podcasting experience in history

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Fantastic episode. Gabrus is a beast.

I am glad that the audio flub toward the end was a technical error and not a "We had to cut a big section because Gabrus got a little too real about Mitch being a 'big sad fat guy.'"

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

Guys... I gotta say... that one was an all-timer.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar
Mitch was ashamed of the fact he only ate 45 nuggets.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

n8r posted:

my heart broke for how legitimately disapointed in himself he was for this

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

n8r posted:

lol

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Tatumje posted:

Lmao. They celebrate their 100th episode with a borderline unlistenable experience instead of their most requested review.

i'm really upset as well for not getting an episode where they talk about how disgusting mcdonalds is, get derailed by star wars and/or mitch's self-esteem issues, then rate it 4.0 forks

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar
McDonald's will be platinum plate club.

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
If you ain't spending the dough for the patreon bonus episodes, you're missing out on Wiger singing a song about soda to the tune of Willy Wonka's "Pure Imagination."

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Tatumje posted:

If you ain't spending the dough for the patreon bonus episodes, you're missing out on Wiger singing a song about soda to the tune of Willy Wonka's "Pure Imagination."

It was both the best and worst thing I've ever heard.

Garth_Marenghi
Nov 7, 2011

Tatumje posted:

Just listed to the free double down. I'm not only not contributing to the Patreon but I think I'm unsubscribing from the podcast. Bye everybody, it's been.. it's been... It's... It's...It's been a trip.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
I genuinely got upset that her first argument for not liking Goodfellas was that Henry Hill didn't like food. I'm not even the biggest Scorsese guy but how.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
It was hard to get mad at because I had heard it all before on the first ep of her podcast. Saying that a movie with multiple career defining roles is miscast is also completely crazy.

Equally befuddling was Mitch's take on that sociopathic murderer character from The Wire.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

amy nicholson is a bad critic and why she continues to have upward career mobility baffles me

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

R. Guyovich posted:

amy nicholson is a bad critic and why she continues to have upward career mobility baffles me

I love Nick and Mitch and I know that most if not all of their guests are their personal friends but boy howdy do I feel this way about some of their guests, like, "why would anyone tolerate you in their life, much less pay you a Los Angeles living wage to be 'funny'"

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Pastry of the Year posted:

I love Nick and Mitch and I know that most if not all of their guests are their personal friends but boy howdy do I feel this way about some of their guests, like, "why would anyone tolerate you in their life, much less pay you a Los Angeles living wage to be 'funny'"

She's a film critic. Nobody pays her to be funny. Her Goodfellas opinion very bad still. The Canon was horrible and that was before we found out her cohost was a sexual assaulter.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
the only bad podcast guests were certain members of the spoonster six

Dylan McKay
Oct 20, 2011

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation. I refuse to see Black Panther because they didn't ask the Black Ranger to be in it.
The guest was very bad and not a good preview

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
Bug Mane Did Nothing Wrong.

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
Interesting strategy to release by far the worst bonus episode as a teaser

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

uber_stoat posted:

Bug Mane Did Nothing Wrong.

Bug Mane is not who I am talking about the mysteries of Bug Mane have added a lot the mythology of the show

cams
Mar 28, 2003

amy is cool you're all sexist hth

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Snooze Cruise posted:

the only bad podcast guests were certain members of the spoonster six
And that's Nick Wiger.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
When Nick Wiger was revealed as the final guest I gasped for real.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
a few seconds into the drop during the power hour episode, you can hear mike say "sorry" really softly to the guests

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Amy Nicholson was great and her take on Goodfellas, even though it's clearly been finely workshopped into an Interesting Opinion, was actually good because it made Mitch legitimately angry on the pod cast

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

cams posted:

amy is cool you're all sexist hth

yes that is the only possible reason to not like someone's work

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
For what its worth shes by far the best member of The Canon -- much better than her serial rapist friend

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
yea in a duo with a literal sex criminal she's a solid first place and hey that's worth something

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

I knew the premise of The Canon, and I knew Devin Faraci was one of the hosts, and I knew their first episode was about Goodfellas, and until I heard this Doughboys episode the whole time I assumed he was the one opposed to it doing some overcompensating hyperwoke thing about its masculinity. I couldn't imagine somebody's objection to it could possibly be that Henry doesn't like food enough.

I'm glad all the non-subscribers get to catch up with this episode cause this is exactly what I was talking about when I posted

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

This is the most wack opinion ever expressed on Doughboys.

KICK BAMA KICK fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Apr 27, 2017

Fiendly
May 27, 2010

That's not right!
No mention of the fact that she's such a contrarian as to claim to love the unpopped kernels in popcorn because they make your jaw strong? Amy Nicholson is a bad opinion machine, but it was still a pretty good episode. I mean, their analysis of *batteries not included was so disjointed that I now understand it less than I did before listening (and I've seen the movie), but it was funny enough hearing them be baffled by it for an hour.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

I do appreciate Amy Nicholson's appreciation for mid-'80s hard PG Sci-Fi movies, though. I bet she's a big fan of My Stepmother is an Alien.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Nothing ever said on Doughboys will be funnier to me than "Bug Mane lives at The Americana."

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
Was Bug Mane on the ground floor of Star Wars Prequel memes? I keep thinking about his dumb shirt/hoodie that he made that quotes the story about Darth Plagueis “The Wise”.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

I'm particularly fond of "My penis feels weird."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

I love Wiger's insistence on dropping the g every single time he says "dippin' sauce". It's so delightfully corny.

I've never been a big fan of Jon Daly (except as Bill Cosby Bukowski). He doesn't seem to get Doughboys.

FitFortDanga fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Apr 28, 2017