Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
Something else I wish I would have done starting out, when you turn level 10, go to Cyrodiil and do the short introduction quests to siege weapons and stuff. You'll unlock a skill called Rapid Maneuvers that makes traveling a lot less painful. No PVP required!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Carrier Pigeon
Aug 22, 2013

Those birds certainly know what they're doin'!

madstrike posted:

It's nice that i can use just one copy of the game to play on both servers. Unfortunately i get around 230ms on the US server which is a bit noticeable :(

FWIW I get 120-150 in Ohio so it's not like you're THAT much worse off playing with us on NA. Plus, we'll make you stuff and be on at weird hours if you wanna have breakfast and play ESO with late-nighters!

Edit:

Poetic Justice posted:

Something else I wish I would have done starting out, when you turn level 10, go to Cyrodiil and do the short introduction quests to siege weapons and stuff. You'll unlock a skill called Rapid Maneuvers that makes traveling a lot less painful. No PVP required!

Also yes, do this! You'll get a couple skill points, too!

madstrike
Jun 10, 2013

Funny you posted that cause i was coming here to post that yes, i had decided on rolling on NA. Read most of the thread at work and seems there's very few of us around EU :(

My account should be @sa_madstrike if there's space in the goon guild. I don't care for PVP at all but did roll with Ebonhearth cause i like the Nords & Drows. Reptiles are cool too, i guess.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

madstrike posted:

Funny you posted that cause i was coming here to post that yes, i had decided on rolling on NA. Read most of the thread at work and seems there's very few of us around EU :(

My account should be @sa_madstrike if there's space in the goon guild. I don't care for PVP at all but did roll with Ebonhearth cause i like the Nords & Drows. Reptiles are cool too, i guess.

You can also spend :10bux: and play any race on any alliance, which is good if you want to keep up with EP but min/max your character.

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003

MF_James posted:

You can also spend :10bux: and play any race on any alliance, which is good if you want to keep up with EP but min/max your character.

How do you do this?

Edit: Google showed me the way. Nevermind.

vandalism fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Apr 26, 2017

madstrike
Jun 10, 2013

Yeah, i had an "old" (?) explorer pack code that grants me that.

EDIT: also 500 crowns which i'm not really sure what to spend on. Ideas?

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

madstrike posted:

Yeah, i had an "old" (?) explorer pack code that grants me that.

EDIT: also 500 crowns which i'm not really sure what to spend on. Ideas?

imo save your crowns for the helpers or whatever they are called (mobile banker and mobile vendor, 5000 crowns each) or save for DLC you want if you don't have all the DLC

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

Or you could buy a dog.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
Do that IRL too.

Buy many dogs.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

servers are cross platform right

MF_James
May 8, 2008

baram. posted:

servers are cross platform right

No

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

that's not one tamriel at all :(

Ajax
Mar 16, 2004

Aunt Petunia's Girdle!
What's happening?
1 tamriel*

* - three tamriels

Mormon Star Wars
Aug 13, 2005
It's a minotaur race...

madstrike posted:

The NA guild is very active during EU hours at least.

Oriental Hugs
Jun 15, 2001

Nothin' about hugs, though
Can I get an invite to the guild? @hellsting

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
I've been having a very good time on the NA server as an EUian for a year and a half, doing everything except vet raids (I dont count pvp okay). Not that I've tried, but I suspect you'll have a hard time finding a progression group with EU friendly raid times. Been busy moving and vacationing lately, ready for some more eudungeoning soon.

Creed Reunion Tour
Jul 3, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Grimey Drawer

Shy posted:

If playing in Ebonheart Pact find all missing villagers, do not evacuate early

I think they've changed this. I leveled my character on Ebonheart Pact back in 2015 and missed one villager. I visited the place recently and discovered I could get the quest. It was the villager that you found by following a dog, so your mileage may vary.

Info for EU goons
We've got a small defunct-ish guild from back in the days on Ebonheart Pact; House Awful. We don't do any progression stuff or PVP, we don't have a guild trader, hell I don't think we've even got one of those fancy tabards, but if you want to chill we're the place for that. Also it would be nice to have more people around so we may be able to do any of the stuff we don't do.

If you want in, remember to specify in your post that you're on the EU server.

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

if smug was a motorcycle, it just jumped over a fucking canyon
Nap Ghost
i s l a n d t i m e

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Ixjuvin posted:

i s l a n d t i m e

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOfwjKveqUI

:dance:

Grimes
Nov 12, 2005

For those who missed the Steam sale of ESO, the Humble Bundle Store has a sale on, now.

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/promo/elder-scrolls-online-weekend/

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Ixjuvin posted:

i s l a n d t i m e

19K Crowns. loving :lol:

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

if smug was a motorcycle, it just jumped over a fucking canyon
Nap Ghost

Scyantific posted:

19K Crowns. loving :lol:

:dollars-flying-away emoji:

:getin:

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Wow, I would have assumed it 15K like all the other big ones.

DoriDori240
Aug 1, 2003

Needs more Anna Ohura
Its a $150 dollar beach house in an elder scrolls game.

Try to let that all soak in.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

I would go for it if they removed the furnishing limit on it or at least upped the capacity of players, but loving lol 150 bucks for the same poo poo as that's available ingame.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
I would go for it if it also got me all of the other games on steam.

Mr. Carrier Pigeon
Aug 22, 2013

Those birds certainly know what they're doin'!
19k crowns. There's no combo of LOL's or emotes that can even begin to describe what's happening to me IRL at reading that.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Looks really nice but lol at that price tag.

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Grimes posted:

For those who missed the Steam sale of ESO, the Humble Bundle Store has a sale on, now.

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/promo/elder-scrolls-online-weekend/

Nice it even has 10% off the morrwind upgrade

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!
Can i apply that humble bundle gold to the Steam version of the game? I've never done something like that before and I know Steam can be weird about that.

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Giga Gaia posted:

Can i apply that humble bundle gold to the Steam version of the game? I've never done something like that before and I know Steam can be weird about that.

I think you can apply the code to your account through the ESO website. But I have not done something like that so I can not be certain it works for the steam version.

suparoboto
Jul 25, 2004
Would appreciate a guild invite. @suparoboto

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Ok, I'm wondering if this happened to anyone else.

I pre-ordered ESO and was in the beta and everything. Upon release it was hot garbage so I requested a refund and was granted one. Here we are today where I purchased the Tamriel Unlimited via Humble Store and then went to activate the key.... and voila my god drat original account is still active and I was apparently upgraded to Tamriel Unlimited and my account status is 'ACTIVE'. I mean, hell, my billing history is an odd one...

So this whole time I had a free copy probably cause of some stupid glitch when they siwtched to Tamriel Unlimited and I had no clue. I requested a refund from the Humble Store but, hell, lol Todd Howard (just cause).

e: Holy poo poo, humble bundle is fantastic. Literally within 5 minutes of sending in my refund request I had it granted. Whoop.

Wirth1000 fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Apr 28, 2017

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

#vmp #opsec #kolmiloikka #happoo

Creed Reunion Tour posted:

Info for EU goons
We've got a small defunct-ish guild from back in the days on Ebonheart Pact; House Awful. We don't do any progression stuff or PVP, we don't have a guild trader, hell I don't think we've even got one of those fancy tabards, but if you want to chill we're the place for that. Also it would be nice to have more people around so we may be able to do any of the stuff we don't do.

If you want in, remember to specify in your post that you're on the EU server.

I'm playing this a month or maybe two at least, what do you need to invite me to your dead gay guild? Account name is @fewd

GLfortex
Apr 20, 2002
I'm too terrible to go on without help. Can I get an invite for PC? @glfortex

Katatonik
Apr 29, 2017
Please invite me for PC @katatonik68
Tia

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
Euro xboz one player needs invite Gamertag unfeteredone

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

Can I also get an invite on PC NA server?

@DiscoInfiva

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

Euro xboz one player needs invite Gamertag unfeteredone

Xbox and PS4 can't play with PC (or each other)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
drat shame, i honestly thought it was cross platform in that case man, people sure can type fast on an xbox