Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Attestant posted:

Look at all of that stuff we'll never get.

BRA*BRA collabs in particular seem to be what screws us the most. Mog and Edward having to wait about 6 months for their MC1s, Eiko and Kefka desperately begging for Record Spheres (on top of bard motes and the related skills)... And now this.

Maybe it's a fact of life: Once a year, DeNA is going to royally gently caress over musicians in global.

KataraniSword fucked around with this message at 10:16 on Apr 26, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
We just need whatever BRA*BRA is (can't quite figure it out, since Google just gives me stuff about bras) to come to America. Then the collab events might happen in the first place instead of getting bits and pieces of the important stuff introduced half a year later, with other stuff appearing never.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

HPanda posted:

We just need whatever BRA*BRA is (can't quite figure it out, since Google just gives me stuff about bras) to come to America. Then the collab events might happen in the first place instead of getting bits and pieces of the important stuff introduced half a year later, with other stuff appearing never.

"Brass de Bravo". Both albums are available to buy on SE's North American website, albeit as imports. I expect the third one will have the same treatment.

There's absolutely no reason they couldn't have the collabs come out over here unless Square-Enix themselves is explicitly kiboshing it. So either DeNA is refusing to localize the content or SE isn't letting them; there's no two ways around it.

KataraniSword fucked around with this message at 11:36 on Apr 26, 2017

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
Ok, went pretty loving far in the 240 ultros mp dungeon. I had to switch out kain for tyro to have wall, but I don't think I'll do that again. I need to bring kain with his infinite thunder dive, or whatever group I get will never clear the dungeon. Other than that it would havr gone great, except a pubbie brought cloud with osb and an OK with loving renewing cure, really?

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

It's in the garbage. Where it belongs.

Sprite141 posted:

Ok, went pretty loving far in the 240 ultros mp dungeon. I had to switch out kain for tyro to have wall, but I don't think I'll do that again. I need to bring kain with his infinite thunder dive, or whatever group I get will never clear the dungeon. Other than that it would havr gone great, except a pubbie brought cloud with osb and an OK with loving renewing cure, really?

Probably was lacking OK motes to unlock five star skills.

Am I blind or are there no MC1, MC2 or MC3 available for the Emperor?

FruitPunchSamurai
Oct 20, 2010

When new characters come out, them and their MC's sometimes don't come out right away. If you missed them during the event, you're just going to have to wait for them to be released. I had a similar problem with Vayne when I egged him up to 50 in the last XII event and I couldn't get his MC until I beat the dungeon to unlock it.

Philouza
Jul 20, 2005
For 240 Ultros, are people finding OSBs or BSBs more valuable; I have Lightning's OSB, Kain's BSB and Shantotto's BSB. So far I've been running Lightning's OSB since if there was ever a time for the weird gimmick on the OSB, this is it. I could take Kain along too but I'm using Vanille since healing is good.

Bahumaut
Apr 6, 2009
I've found that BSBs are more useful for the Orthros fight. The fight is so long that you want to be able to do things for a long time. That being the case, you want to be able to knock him down quickly on his 5th life as all his attacks are AoE and can end a run very quickly. Was running Refia and someone put imperil on him and suddenly she was doing 8 hits over 9k. It was pretty amazing and I'd recommend that kind of fun to everyone.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
I brought celes for the counter eating/infinite fire twinstrike and a papalymo BSB for the damage dealing (and providing shellga/protectga because its almost guaranteed that one of the idiots in my raid with a healer bsb will bring ultra cure and curaja instead of the missing buff and never use the curaja)

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Philouza posted:

For 240 Ultros, are people finding OSBs or BSBs more valuable; I have Lightning's OSB, Kain's BSB and Shantotto's BSB. So far I've been running Lightning's OSB since if there was ever a time for the weird gimmick on the OSB, this is it. I could take Kain along too but I'm using Vanille since healing is good.

Terra OSB did work but that's a slightly special case of being a +fire weapon and wrath access. Kain and Shantotto BSB's will be better than lightning OSB tho. Especially Shantotto. She wrecks poo poo.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
You want both. BSBs to burn him down and OSBs to finish him off.

Philouza
Jul 20, 2005

CaptainPsyko posted:

Terra OSB did work but that's a slightly special case of being a +fire weapon and wrath access. Kain and Shantotto BSB's will be better than lightning OSB tho. Especially Shantotto. She wrecks poo poo.

Cool, thanks. Running BSBs are a lot more fun at least. I guess I need to figure out if the math makes sense to equip Kain with synergy (ATK ~600) or +lightning; Kain lance and Agrias shield would bring ATK to ~400 and hurt in the DEF/RES, but both boost lightning. All the commands are only 2-4 hits so I'd think I'd be fairly easy to cap out at 9999 with a boost but at 240 difficulty, who the heck knows.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
I ran osb orlandeau and bsb kain, and I was the primary dps for both 240 ultros clears I did. My Orlandeau slowed the gently caress down towards the end, but kain went strong all the way through. Make sure to bring one loving fire move so you don't fail to get mastery the first time around.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Sprite141 posted:

I ran osb orlandeau and bsb kain, and I was the primary dps for both 240 ultros clears I did. My Orlandeau slowed the gently caress down towards the end, but kain went strong all the way through. Make sure to bring one loving fire move so you don't fail to get mastery the first time around.

This. I had a wasted Mandragoras run at 160 (precious stamina...) because no one brought a fire skill. So I ran it one more time with Ifrit on my Tyro (had to drop wrath) to hit for a pitiful 2k hp. Luckily my A+(+) runs had much more mindful people.

Is there a "medal condition" stamp? Because there really should be one.

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I still haven't managed to get 240 Orthos to work for me, but at least I've cleared the Mandragora fights. One of the most baffling things I've seen is a group where the description was I WILL KICK YOU IF YOU BRING FIRE, when he had a Celes, and no fire skills of his own.

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008

Cinnamon Bear posted:

I still haven't managed to get 240 Orthos to work for me, but at least I've cleared the Mandragora fights. One of the most baffling things I've seen is a group where the description was I WILL KICK YOU IF YOU BRING FIRE, when he had a Celes, and no fire skills of his own.

Weird, but might've been attempting to farm greens. I've seen a few group leaders like that, focusing just on completing fights but not caring for mastery. They usually note that on the description, but could have been limited space.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

iamsosmrt posted:

This. I had a wasted Mandragoras run at 160 (precious stamina...) because no one brought a fire skill. So I ran it one more time with Ifrit on my Tyro (had to drop wrath) to hit for a pitiful 2k hp. Luckily my A+(+) runs had much more mindful people.

That's another reason I advised AoE on the Mandragoras; the team I ran with had Vivi BSB and Raines BSB so nobody had to worry about mastery requirements in the slightest.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

iamsosmrt posted:

There is:

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Cinnamon Bear posted:

I still haven't managed to get 240 Orthos to work for me

same. i've now had 4 sure wins crash in phase 5.

am i really gonna have to install a loving emulator to play your phone game, dena?

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Prav posted:

same. i've now had 4 sure wins crash in phase 5.

am i really gonna have to install a loving emulator to play your phone game, dena?

Wouldn't help unless you're the source of the crashing. If you're playing with pubbies I'd give that maybe a 25% likelihood.

If you've got data to spare I note FFRK multiplayer runs a lot better on 4G than wifi.

OneTwentySix
Nov 5, 2007

fun
FUN
FUN

Anybody really like being the support role in raids? I got sick of dying to idiots not bringing wall or screwing up on healing, so I just bring my Tyro with full break and either life siphon or banishing strike and Vanille with Ultra Cure and Protectga/Shellga/Slowga and I'm constantly saving my teams' asses. Dropping Transcendent Dream at a rough patch, and then immediately dropping it again a turn later and saving everyone feels amazing, as well as her USB for status blink, proshellga, and 2000 HP at the beginning/if needed is great. Then I can wall or do Tyro's proshellga as needed and make sure that my team can actually meet the medal conditions for most fights. The 200 Ultros fight was 6 DPS and me as the only support/healer, and I was thinking there was no way one healer could keep up, and then we did it with no deaths - it was close as hell so many times, but it worked out. It's just an absolute blast.

That said, what the hell is the deal with triggering a heavy counter-attack on turn one, before damage mitigation is up? The 200 and 240 Ultros battles both opened up with 5,000HP counter attacks that almost ended us before they started. And it would be really nice if pubbies could wait to do their OSBs after shout and fullbreak have gone off, when applicable (not these two fights, but happens all the loving time!) instead of launching them immediately.

OneTwentySix fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Apr 27, 2017

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i've got a tg cid and a cid raines kitted out to the nines but just like you 85% of my multiplayer excursions are me taking tyro with breaks and sentinel's grimoire and vanille's burst soul break because nobody gives a poo poo

OneTwentySix
Nov 5, 2007

fun
FUN
FUN

Ouch, that's gotta be painful.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

it's not so bad since obviously i'm drowning in meta crushing equipment so no big deal, but really the most aggravating part is on the off chance someone is doubling up on what i'm bringing to the table how frustrating it is to swap in someone else instead. i've started kitting out 3 or 4 people on the setup screen and praying to god i can swap in the right record materias just so i don't have to juggle equipment/abilities/soul breaks in the lobby

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!
Japan is getting a free 30-pull.

Yes.

You pull, and you get 30 relics.

Yes.

It's free.

It comes with a guaranteed OSB.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/67u1pn/jp_free_30pull_gacha_for_golden_week/

Edit:
And initial reports seem to indicate that the banners will each have 4 6* relics, and TEN BSBs. And that's it. No SSBs or LMRs.
https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/67u6ot/jp_preliminary_ff30th_fest_banner_data/

Schwartzcough fucked around with this message at 08:46 on Apr 27, 2017

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

OneTwentySix posted:

That said, what the hell is the deal with triggering a heavy counter-attack on turn one, before damage mitigation is up? The 200 and 240 Ultros battles both opened up with 5,000HP counter attacks that almost ended us before they started. And it would be really nice if pubbies could wait to do their OSBs after shout and fullbreak have gone off, when applicable (not these two fights, but happens all the loving time!) instead of launching them immediately.

A lot of that is just lag. I've had times where I queued up an SB and sat there on a fully red bar for like 15 seconds - sometimes another party member will get into a full two actions between my ability supposedly being ready to fire and actually going off. It's super annoying and I'm pretty sure it happens to lots of people who aren't the host, so coordinating on that level probably requires really good connections for everyone involved. Random pubbies could very well be actually timing things properly just to have lag throw everything off, though of course it's probably more likely that they are just flailing around most of the time.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

Schwartzcough posted:

Japan is getting a free 30-pull.

Yes.

You pull, and you get 30 relics.

Yes.

It's free.

It comes with a guaranteed OSB.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/67u1pn/jp_free_30pull_gacha_for_golden_week/

Edit:
And initial reports seem to indicate that the banners will each have 4 6* relics, and TEN BSBs. And that's it. No SSBs or LMRs.
https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/67u6ot/jp_preliminary_ff30th_fest_banner_data/

This all sound amazing.

Taking a peek at the banners, I like the theming (FF1-3, 4-6, 7-9, 10-12, 13-15). No luck for a bonus Core, Tactics, Type-0 and Beyond, I guess.

Hard to judge without knowing what the new USBs do, but some of the banners already sound pretty great.

pichupal fucked around with this message at 09:17 on Apr 27, 2017

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Numbers on the Bard abilities: both stack by +10% per cast until they reach +50%. The abilities start at 2 uses, so either ethers or R3 are necessary to reach +50%, but again, they do stack with all other buffs, and this is the first +50% MAG ability beyond Black Mage's self-buff SB, I think?

pichupal posted:

Hard to judge without knowing what the new USBs do
Warrior of Light's Braveheart EX [USSB, +10 ATK] - 10 single-target Holy/NE physical attacks, En-Holy & EX "Light Bless" to user
EX "Light Bless": DEF +100%, Knight Damage +?% with each Knight ability used, up to ?%
- Counter starts from the start of battle
- Miss/Null/Dualcast/Mimicked attacks will also be counted

Firion's Lightbringer [USSB, +10 ATK] - 10 single-target Holy/NE physical attacks, En-Holy & EX "Loyal Retainer" to user
EX "Loyal Retainer": ATK +30%, -?s casting time per action (maximum 10 reductions)
- Activating the EX Mode will give you 1 reduction
- Only damaging actions can reduce CT
- CT will be reduced even if the attack misses/nulled
- Dualcasted attacks are not counted
- Counter resets when EX Mode ends, refreshing it will not reset

Luneth's Kiku-ichimonji [USSB, +10 ATK] - 10 single-target Wind/NE physical attacks, High Quick Cast 1, En-Wind & EX "Gale" to user
EX "Gale": High Quick Cast 1 to user when using Wind attacks

Zidane's Masamune [USSB, +10 ATK] - 10 random Wind/NE physical attacks, Imperil Wind, EX "Master Thief" to user
EX "Master Thief": When using Thief abilities, chase with a single-target Wind/NE physical attack, ?% chance to also chase with Storm Steal
Storm Steal: Single-target Wind/NE physical attack, minor Imperil Wind
- Storm Steal will activate only when the Thief attack connects
- Storm Steal will only activate once even if the Thief attack is dualcasted

Tidus's Ace Blitz [USSB, +10 ATK] - 10 Water/NE ranged physical attacks, Instant Cast 1, En-Water & EX "Ace" to user
EX "Ace": ATK +30%, chases with "Shoot & Run" when using Water abiltiies
Shoot & Run: 6 single-target Water/NE ranged physical attacks
- Chase will only activate if the Water attack connects
- Chase will only activate once even if the Water attack is dualcasted

Shantotto's Federation Signet Staff [USSB, +10 MAG] - 10 random Lightning/Ice/Fire magic attacks, En-Lightning & EX "Dualcast Magic" to user
EX "Dualcast Magic": MAG +30%, Dualcast Witch abilties
- Consumes 2 ability uses to enable the Dualcast
- Dualcasted action will not earn SB points
- Dualcast will not happen if there is only 1 ability use left
- Not applicable to Burst abilities
- If EX Mode expires during casting, Dualcast will not take effect

Alphinaud's Apocalypse Zeta [USSB, +10 MAG] - 7 AOE Wind/Dark summon magic attacks, En-Wind & EX "Trance Bahamut" to user
EX "Trance Bahamut: Damage +5/10/15/20/30%, depending on the user's summon ability hones. At the end of EX Mode, Deathflare will be activated
- Burst abilties count as 1 hone
Deathflare: 5 AOE summon magic damage & restores 2 uses to ability with lower usage count
- Deathflare's damage is fixed. Damage is equals to the total number of summon damage dealt during EX Mode
- Deathflare has no element
- Deathflare's damage can be boosted by RM/LM, but it cannot be dualcasted

Noctis's Sword of the Wise [USSB, +10 ATK] - 10 single-target physical attacks, 100% Stoneskin & EX "Power of the Royal Family" to user
EX "Power of Royal Family": Under Stoneskin, ATK +30% & NE Damage +10%
- EX Mode has no duration, it disappears with Stoneskin
- Elemental Stoneskin does not apply

Hogama fucked around with this message at 10:12 on Apr 27, 2017

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Ladies, hide your footwear!
Nap Ghost
Dreadwyrm Trance for Alphinaud. Not bad. Not bad at all.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Cowcaster posted:

i've got a tg cid and a cid raines kitted out to the nines but just like you 85% of my multiplayer excursions are me taking tyro with breaks and sentinel's grimoire and vanille's burst soul break because nobody gives a poo poo

I feel this :smith:

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

Hah Alphinaud's USB looks nuts.

Kinda want Tidus' too, just so Sapphire Shot can be even better.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Stellar naming convention there.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Surely there must be some better model to follow.

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
Rinoa's Robe
Paine's 'Penders
Jecht's Jorts

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

lol now I'm going to be really bummed every time I see those and remember that they aren't actually called Jecht's Jorts.

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

I have good news, and I have bad news.
Which do you want to hear first...?

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

lol now I'm going to be really bummed every time I see those and remember that they aren't actually called Jecht's Jorts.

:same:

Philouza
Jul 20, 2005

Philouza posted:

Circling back on this for anyone else struggling. In the end, the biggest reason why Shantotto's BSB was best was the drat counter Protects that get cast. Even if you've got someone running with Dispel or Banishing Strike, I had a few OSBs queued up that hit Protect counters, which sucks. I ended up winning with Papa with Ley Lines/BSB and Shantotto. There's no reason we should have won; there were 3 people running fire only with no Celes so we were getting fire-countered to hell, only Full Break, healing was Miracle Veil and Relm BSB, but it was a mage team and we pulled it out in the end.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Would be really great if the app would launch. Maintenance is over right?

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

It's in the garbage. Where it belongs.
It is done yeah, a few hours ago or so. Works on iPhone at least

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

The new Attack Soft Cap is about 800 right?

Nihilarian fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Apr 27, 2017

• Locked thread