Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

A Pale Horse posted:

There's nothing more I'd love to see than for two gay Spartan teenagers to slaughter the Sparta loving MAGACHUDS for sport and then make out over their steaming entrails. Like do all these Sparta lovers know that it was a society built on gay soldiery and white slavery?

I think you'll find that it wasn't white slavery, it was (((white))) slavery

big big difference

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Cheggorsky
Aug 20, 2011

I like people who weren't stabbed

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

SpaceGoku posted:

I think you'll find that it wasn't white slavery, it was (((white))) slavery

big big difference

I wasn't aware of the ancestry of the (((Messenians))), lol.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Montasque posted:

This is now going viral on the right side.

Also going viral: Calling BAMN a cult lead by insane far-left cat ladies that recruits streets kids to commit violence.
I think the MAGA brigade / internet tribe needs this conflict with the anarchists (terrorism scum!!! argh!!! wipe them out!!!!!) to continue as a way of justifying their existence. A nationalist-militant tribe needs an enemy or it wouldn't be what it is.

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

I think the MAGA brigade / internet tribe needs this conflict with the anarchists (terrorism scum!!! argh!!! wipe them out!!!!!) to continue as a way of justifying their existence. A nationalist-militant tribe needs an enemy or it wouldn't be what it is.

are you suggesting the anarchist should stop punching the fash? consider how opposed the forum is to this belief!

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
organized pitched battles are ridiculous if they are bringing guns and stuff, Just catch them on a first date with a bunch of "did you know" facts for the prospective datee

oh wait. a date, riight nevermind bad plan

back to the drawing board

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
also open carry is illegal in california and concealed carry is pretty restrictive hence why there hasn't been any gunplay (yet) in berkeley.

Lindsey O. Graham posted:

are you suggesting the anarchist should stop punching the fash? consider how opposed the forum is to this belief!
i'm leaning toward this but in the absence of anarchists i think the MAGA-tribe will try its damnedest to provoke them

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

sneakyfrog posted:

organized pitched battles are ridiculous if they are bringing guns and stuff, Just catch them on a first date with a bunch of "did you know" facts for the prospective datee

oh wait. a date, riight nevermind bad plan

back to the drawing board

put up fliers around their hovels, let their neighbors and parents (who are undoubtedly the cause of all their weird racial angst in the first place) take care of the problem for you

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
/pol/ is now beefing with Tim Heidecker.

https://twitter.com/timheidecker/status/857525710193213440

I guess they blame him for MDE not getting renewed?

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Tim heidekker rules

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

sure thats fine they can organize around an enemy that the greater public cant be convinced to give a gently caress about except in a vaguely disapproving way while in the meantime the alt rights demonstrations are now known as conflict zones which turns off people with money and societal power and greater organizing potential than the incel college boys who currently make up the alt rights ranks

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Relevant Tangent posted:

put up fliers around their hovels, let their neighbors and parents (who are undoubtedly the cause of all their weird racial angst in the first place) take care of the problem for you
Rules for Radicals, which is the playbook the Pepe boys have flipped around.

One of the tricks was (if I remember right) that if you're trying to pressure a slumlord, writing letters to the slumlord or picketing his office isn't going to work, because he doesn't care. But picket his neighborhood and raise a fuss, and then suddenly the slumlord's neighbors care. So by going to Berkeley, ridiculing the anti-fascists, and having a good time doing it -- these are all components of a successful Alinsky-style strategy.

At least I think it is.

Also "the threat is usually more terrifying than the thing itself" i.e. Richard Spencer being allowed to speak at Auburn. On white supremacist forums, the general consensus is that it was a disaster and Spencer is a walking embarrassment, to the point that him being allowed to speak is actively *hurting* their cause.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

A Pale Horse posted:

There's nothing more I'd love to see than for two gay Spartan teenagers to slaughter the Sparta loving MAGACHUDS for sport and then make out over their steaming entrails. Like do all these Sparta lovers know that it was a society built on gay soldiery and white slavery?

not gay, pederastic. it was a teenager (as in 12 or 13) and one or several older men who mentored the boy in war and politics, with the expectation of the minor sexually gratifying the elder(s). there was also an element of wifeswapping between the married adult men, and deliberate cuckoldry in the interest of breeding the best available female stock with the best male stock to create through eugenics the best possible next generation of spartiate, just as they'd deliberately breed meaner dogs or stronger oxen. they used the same controlled breeding theories as part of the justification for the krypteia, which among other things took the form of young Spartans sneaking into the outskirts of agricultural slave settlements and to murder the strongest and most prominent slaves, to take anyone from those communities who might pose a potential security risk, and keep them from producing more of the same in the slave population. only those who participated in that element of the krypteia as boys had any chance achieving high rank in spartan military society

don't conflate what the Spartans did with anything resembling modern social mores. and for god's sake don't lionize them as 'real badass gays' to juxtapose with the incel legions and MAGA chuds. they were human monsters, who ruled a regime of barely comprehensible cruelty and savagery.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

zeal posted:

not gay, pederastic. it was a teenager (as in 12 or 13) and one or several older men who mentored the boy in war and politics, with the expectation of the minor sexually gratifying the elder(s). there was also an element of wifeswapping between the married adult men, and deliberate cuckoldry in the interest of breeding the best available female stock with the best male stock to create through eugenics the best possible next generation of spartiate, just as they'd deliberately breed meaner dogs or stronger oxen. they used the same controlled breeding theories as part of the justification for the krypteia, which among other things took the form of young Spartans sneaking into the outskirts of agricultural slave settlements and to murder the strongest and most prominent slaves, to take anyone from those communities who might pose a potential security risk, and keep them from producing more of the same in the slave population. only those who participated in that element of the krypteia as boys had any chance achieving high rank in spartan military society

don't conflate what the Spartans did with anything resembling modern social mores. and for god's sake don't lionize them as 'real badass gays' to juxtapose with the incel legions and MAGA chuds. they were human monsters, who ruled a regime of barely comprehensible cruelty and savagery.

also the spartans were finally defeated by thebes gayest warriors

maybe antifa should start calling itself the sacred band

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Actually, since they're all perma-virgins who are espousing a warped form of family values, they should just embrace it and go with Vesta's virgins.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
i'll give the Sacred Band this, it was composed of 150 pairs of adult male lovers, who probably had a bit of an age difference but were not quite the pederastic apprenticeship thing the Spartans did as a matter of course. it wasn't really them who beat the spartans, though they were the elite corps in the Theban line at the battle of Leuctra. the Band was only ever 300 guys, in a formation of 6k+ hoplites that day. What really won itt for the Thebans was two things: the capacity of their commander and officers to formulate truly novel battle tactics. it's hard to explain without diagrams, this one's from wikipedia

the top picture is how hoplite warfare was always supposed to go, with the red blocks being the acknowledged best unit in the phalanx, the Spartiate elite or the Sacred Band. the two blocks, usually 4 or 8 men deep on either side at the start of the fight, stomp across an open field, clash together and shove at each other with shields/stab with spears till one side breaks. The point of putting the elite unit at one end of this line was to do the most possible to ensure at least one flank of the other side caved.

what the Thebans under Epaminondas did at Leuctra is what's pictured in the lower diagram. they arranged themselves in a staggered line separated by gaps in the formation, with a double-depth block supporting the elite unit to make double sure they would hold and overcome. The Spartans fought on land using a set of ingrained traditions with no room or even real concept of innovation. the solid block was what they'd always done. so they stomped over, met the staggered line, and their solid block stretched and distorted to come to grips with the Thebans. Epaminondas had lighter troops and cavalry ready to rush wherever those distortions critically weakened the Spartan line, wherever the overall density of their troops thinned to the point that only a couple guys stood in ranks, easily bowled over by charging horses and stabbed through the eyeholes of their fancy bronze helmets by dudes armed with javelins and knives

Then several years later the Sacred Band was slaughtered to the last man by a professionalized army from what amounted to Greece's West Virginia commanded by aggressively bisexual Philip II of Macedon, with his borderline asexual son Alexander heading the royal cavalry in his first field command, at the Battle of Chaeronea. the day was made either more bitter or more sweet, depending on your point of view, because Philip defeated the Thebans using Epaminondas's own tactics, learned when he was yielded by his father's weak, poor monarchy as a hostage of Thebes and kept in Epaminondas's own household. Alexander went on to use the same basic battleplan that beat the Spartans to win his third and final field battle against the armies of the Persian Empire under Darius III during the Mesopotamian phase of his eastern conquests, at the battle of Gaugamela, which you can go watch a representation of in Oliver Stone's Alexander on Netflix right now if you care to.

point being, in ancient Greek history, gays beat pederasts, bis beat gays, and volcels conquer the world

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Rules for Radicals, which is the playbook the Pepe boys have flipped around.

One of the tricks was (if I remember right) that if you're trying to pressure a slumlord, writing letters to the slumlord or picketing his office isn't going to work, because he doesn't care. But picket his neighborhood and raise a fuss, and then suddenly the slumlord's neighbors care. So by going to Berkeley, ridiculing the anti-fascists, and having a good time doing it -- these are all components of a successful Alinsky-style strategy.

At least I think it is.

Also "the threat is usually more terrifying than the thing itself" i.e. Richard Spencer being allowed to speak at Auburn. On white supremacist forums, the general consensus is that it was a disaster and Spencer is a walking embarrassment, to the point that him being allowed to speak is actively *hurting* their cause.

a successful alinsky strategy to do what

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

Badger of Basra posted:

Give liberals something to go high about

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Badger of Basra posted:

I haven't figured that out yet.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Bring about a white nationalist utopia built on the bones of everyone who thought that they were white.

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

zeal posted:

I thought the Spartans practiced the bonded battle pairs as well, my mistake.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

A Pale Horse posted:

I thought the Spartans practiced the bonded battle pairs as well, my mistake.

Individual Spartan couples did at times, but it wasn't as institutionalized as the Thebans did with the Sacred Band.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Badger of Basra posted:

Get cops to beat up college kids

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
https://twitter.com/shane_bauer/status/857659459040010242

Not a good look... :ohdear:

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
this is the best case scenario. just let the pepes look like idiots.

Darkman Fanpage has issued a correction as of 19:23 on Apr 27, 2017

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
It's actually very good. While punching Richard Spencer and Nazis, in general, is good, watching the MAGA Chuds try and drum all of this up into some big fight over FREE SPEECH only to have the opposition shrug it off as stupid, pathetic and not a threat makes them look like the hopeless nerds that they are.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
these little lonely rallies should be the only time they feel safe. they should fear shadowy sucker punches everywhere else.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

lol that their weekday rally couldnt turn anyone out

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

although if they could have turned out a lot of trumpstaffel on a weekday with no notice that would have been pretty scary

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

resar posted:

chans in general hate reddit with a passion for some reason

reddit's thread structure makes the site a popularity contest, chans are full of ppl who've spent their lives losing popularity contests

Shear Modulus posted:

lol that their weekday rally couldnt turn anyone out

I mean if anybody's free for a weekday rally it's neets and white college students

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

jfc projection every time

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Darkman Fanpage posted:

this is the best case scenario. just let the pepes look like idiots.
yes

have high school kids make fun of them. it's infuriating and there's nothing you can do. as a 30+ year old male i know.

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug

Montasque posted:

/pol/ is now beefing with Tim Heidecker.

https://twitter.com/timheidecker/status/857525710193213440

I guess they blame him for MDE not getting renewed?

Sam Hyde begging Tim to get his show uncanceled is still one of the funniest moments of this year

In retrospect, MDE's rise and sudden fall feels like a precursor to everything that's happening now

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.
Tim also said he was going to use whatever influence he has in Hollywood to block Cernovich from further success. He really doesn't like the alt-right and is pretty upfront about using his professional sway to gently caress with them.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

He should just let Cernovich go as far as he can. gently caress Hollywood.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
https://twitter.com/V_of_Europe/status/857011994754523137

https://twitter.com/vdare/status/857444747132239872

https://twitter.com/sbpdl/status/857470614650720256

EDIT: oh gently caress they know about it :stare:
https://twitter.com/TheeCurrentYear/status/857442105853173760

https://twitter.com/sbpdl/status/857443028029644800

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

What's wrong with this? Respecting others, and their beliefs, is the foundation of Western civilization.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

He should just let Cernovich go as far as he can. gently caress Hollywood.

Heidecker is a self avowed liberal in Hollywood. Forethought isn't maybe that strong with him.

I'm just saying there's a good reason why \pol would have a hate boner for him. He's not only seen as a out of touch sellout, because I guess they thought he was on their side, but he's also pretty vocal about targeting alt-right people that drift into his radar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
https://twitter.com/DefendEvropa/status/856803621941497857

https://twitter.com/ramzpaul/status/857271730691244040