Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Yeah apparently his family has big ins with the Israeli elite.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Archaic
Jul 6, 2003

Are you a consultant archaeologist in North America?

Unionize today!

PM me and ask me how your future can be history!
This whole thread has been one magic loving home run, especially this week.

Can someone change "HURRR" to "COKE"? :hurr: I think we'd have a new smilie in honour of this thread.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Jfc we got China and Russia and Israel. Blood diamonds are just a bonus lol

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

turn off the TV posted:

Yeah apparently his family has big ins with the Israeli elite.

Best Kushner lol:

quote:

At one point during the campaign, when Trump wanted to speak more substantively about China, he gave Kushner a summary of his views and then asked him to do some research. Kushner simply went on Amazon, where he was struck by the title of one book, Death by China, co-authored by Peter Navarro. He cold-called Navarro, a well-known trade-deficit hawk, who agreed to join the team as an economic adviser. (When he joined, Navarro was in fact the campaign’s only economic adviser.) Kushner operated in much the same way when it came to crafting Trump’s tax plan—calling up someone for help out of the blue. Given the initial absence of pros who could do the job properly, he also tried his hand at writing speeches. Responding to criticism from the boss (“Jared, this is terrible!”), Kushner said, according to a person familiar with the episode, “I’m not a loving speechwriter. I am a real-estate guy.”

Lucky Guy
Jan 24, 2013

TY for no bm

Burt Sexual posted:

Trump gives many chances for that, she notes, "from racism to xenophobia to domestic issues that plague us around education and incarceration."
"We can take advantage of the moment if we choose."

Seize the moment. I don't know Latin.

that's not what Trump prefers to seize

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
full disclosure, I didn't know the difference either, but holy crap he's right

the circuit courts only hear appeals of decisions from lower courts, meaning you literally can't "immediately run to the 9th circuit"

they're also called "circuit courts" because the presiding judges for every case are randomly selected from a pool in sets of three from a massive geographical area and have to "ride the circuit," meaning physically travel to whatever region in which the case is being examined

in the case of the 9th circuit, there are 29 judges, meaning, putting aside that the president is accusing two dozen US federal judges of holding a collective bias against his executive orders, the 9th circuit has had four vacant seats he could have filled with his own appointees this entire time. :psyduck:

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
I have worked at a high-volume airport since 2003. This is *not* was a water-cannon salute looks like.

Medals for every member of this Fire Department..

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Cubone posted:

full disclosure, I didn't know the difference either, but holy crap he's right

the circuit courts only hear appeals of decisions from lower courts, meaning you literally can't "immediately run to the 9th circuit"

they're also called "circuit courts" because the presiding judges for every case are randomly selected from a pool in sets of three from a massive geographical area and have to "ride the circuit," meaning physically travel to whatever region in which the case is being examined

in the case of the 9th circuit, there are 29 judges, meaning, putting aside that the president is accusing two dozen US federal judges of holding a collective bias against his executive orders, the 9th circuit has had four vacant seats he could have filled with his own appointees this entire time. :psyduck:

:smugdon:

e: He also said that the Supreme Court overturns 80% of 9th circuit rulings, but forgot to mention that only about 1% of 9th circuit rulings make it to the Supreme Court.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Dr. Faustus posted:

I have worked at a high-volume airport since 2003. This is *not* was a water-cannon salute looks like.

Medals for every member of this Fire Department..

P sure that's a shop.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

haljordan posted:

Best Kushner lol:

Jared Kushner is basically like when your girlfriend's dad wants you to help him use "the Google" to find new brake pads, except with running an entire country.

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007
Memba when Trump said of a convicted pedophile that "he's a good guy, a good friend, and he likes his women young"?

And then the guy who got the pedophile a slap on the wrist was personally hired by Trump in the white house?

Wait that's not an lol

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

do u know jenny posted:

Memba when Trump said of a convicted pedophile that "he's a good guy, a good friend, and he likes his women young"?

And then the guy who got the pedophile a slap on the wrist was personally hired by Trump in the white house?

Wait that's not an lol

Please don't spread these baseless conspiracy theories when there are real and very serious child abuse cases like Hillary Clinton running a satanic child prostitution and ritual sacrifice ring out of the nonexistent basement of a pizzaria.

-the admins of the conspiracy subreddit

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Tumble posted:

remember when he was supposed to be The negotiator? All he's done is negotiate against himself (it's basically THE rule in sales and business that you let the other side make the next offer after you present the first one) or straight up bluff and then call his own bluffs immediately afterwards. "I'm thinking about letting the whole government shut down if they don't fund my wall/repeal Obamacare" and then the next minute "I've decided not to do that."

I've literally trained 20 year old's to be better salesmen than Trump is in 6 weeks. And not in some crash course thing either, just by showing them the ropes.

zit-faced kids are better salesmen and negotiators than President Trump

Ask for the sale.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/RealMuckmaker/status/857444387634196480

foot problem LOL

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
shooting yourself in the foot usually results in foot problems

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
That'll cover him for 3-4 weeks, but what about after that?

"I'd love to continue serving my constituents but, oh, my foot."
"I'm sorry, I can't hear your questions over all these foot problems."

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008

Knight posted:

That'll cover him for 3-4 weeks, but what about after that?

"I'd love to continue serving my constituents but, oh, my foot."
"I'm sorry, I can't hear your questions over all these foot problems."

"I have this note from my doctor and it says I can't legislate sooooooo......."

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Burt Sexual posted:

P sure that's a shop.
Yeah. you're right, now that I've looked at the clear water on the ramp. I am so stupid about video editing I have no idea how you'd color the water that way. But knowing the kinds of union folks who work at and around airports, they get up to all kinds of funny stuff. EPA regs on storm-drain runoff would be enough to stop any fooling around with tanker-truck water. We have to be crazy careful about oil or jet-a or any other spills getting near a drain (until the EPA is dissolved.)
I stand corrected and that gif is hilarious.

By way of apology, here's a picture from this last March (it's just a cell-phone pic, so nothing great) of a water-cannon salute that I happened to catch on my way across the field to my work area. An Airbus 330 was pulling into the AOA and since the captain was retiring and this was his final flight, he was honored with the salute by the city on behalf of the airline. As you can tell by the spray, it was pretty windy.

Is it too late to say, "Hey, Burt Sexual?"

Dr. Faustus fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Apr 27, 2017

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

Chaffetz shits self in dr's office, whooooops can't serve welp cya

my new dog
May 7, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

Ye milk these years for all the dollars they can give u, yes please!

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy/status/857029846949662720

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
hafhaha i just lolled because i remember the dude with his own monopoly game is president

then i remember that bunch of internet liberals thought he would put all homosexuals and trans people into fema camps

hahahahaaha

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
It is a daily thing now, the flip flops?

Donald Trump to sign executive order withdrawing US from Nafta

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/donald-trump-nafta-executive-order-trade-deal-us-america-leave-latest-a7703926.html

5 hours later,

Trump agrees 'not to terminate NAFTA at this time'

http://www.cnn.com/2017/04/26/politics/trump-nafta/

lol

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

I seriously thought the peak lol had been reached around 2 weeks ago or so. Oh how wrong I was, and I thank the gods for it daily.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
All Chaffetz had to do was come up with a reason for his departure that sounded more plausible than "about to be arrested because he was compromised by Russian spys" and he chose foot surgery.

KrolleBolle
Oct 26, 2005

Hello, Is this dog?
Holy poo poo, just caught up with the thread and I had to take several lol breaks during the last ten pages.

This is the best place on the internet, it really is.

KrolleBolle
Oct 26, 2005

Hello, Is this dog?

The Archaic posted:

This whole thread has been one magic loving home run, especially this week.

Can someone change "HURRR" to "COKE"? :hurr: I think we'd have a new smilie in honour of this thread.

lol

KrolleBolle fucked around with this message at 11:47 on Apr 27, 2017

The Archaic
Jul 6, 2003

Are you a consultant archaeologist in North America?

Unionize today!

PM me and ask me how your future can be history!

:vince:

Alternatively replace the face with :smugdon: and it'd be golden.

hseroK divaD
Jun 3, 2011

Creepy Richard will keep leering at you NON-STOP!
Today, our retarded president is meeting your retarded president.

Get ready for some argie lols or 'jajs'

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

turn off the TV posted:

Trump owns because he went into the WH thinking that everyone there before him were complete idiots willfully ignoring incredibly easy solutions to all of the world's problems.

Like I alluded to earlier, Trump is the kind of guy who clicks on those 'One Weird Trick!' spam ads and believes in them wholeheartedly.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

Like I alluded to earlier, Trump is the kind of guy who clicks on those 'One Weird Trick!' spam ads and believes in them wholeheartedly.

idk my dick is 6 inches thicker since clicking that one weird trick that trump doesn't want you to know about

Malinois
Jun 13, 2003

That reads like a repeating third grader wrote it.

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

My boy easy d is tweeting up a storm again

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/857552956836786177

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/857555256003227648

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/857557522584088576

did something happen with puerto rico or why does he keep mentioning it?

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
idk it seems like D Dog is doing some good work.

NAFTA does need renegotiating so good for him? know making a few phone calls and scheduling it out is the preferred method but this is a man who likes steaks cooked extremely well done.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

System Metternich posted:

He's probably watching WWE and is mad because there's a lovely tag team whose whole gimmick consists of inviting people to Puerto Rico.

KrolleBolle
Oct 26, 2005

Hello, Is this dog?

The Archaic posted:

:vince:

Alternatively replace the face with :smugdon: and it'd be golden.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Dr. Faustus posted:

Is it too late to say, "Hey, Burt Sexual?"

Never. Hey, Doc.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Lime Tonics posted:

It is a daily thing now, the flip flops?

Donald Trump to sign executive order withdrawing US from Nafta

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/donald-trump-nafta-executive-order-trade-deal-us-america-leave-latest-a7703926.html

5 hours later,

Trump agrees 'not to terminate NAFTA at this time'

http://www.cnn.com/2017/04/26/politics/trump-nafta/

lol

Art of the deal, right there.

What happens is Trump sees something on some right wing media by some nut who spouts nonsense about things they have no clue about. Trump repeats that: "We'll pull out of NAFTA!" "I'll dissolve the 9th Circuit!" It takes a few hours for someone who actually understands things to put together a children's picture book style power point presentation where they explain in small words why this is a stupid thing. Then Trump either doubles down until the legal system slaps him out of it or he backs off.

System Metternich posted:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/857557522584088576

Because there's brown people there and the people who voted for him don't realize it's part of the US.

But for the reason why Puerto Rico is in financial trouble, decades of government mismanagement came to a crash a year or two ago and now the government there is bankrupt.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Random Stranger posted:

Art of the deal, right there.

What happens is Trump sees something on some right wing media by some nut who spouts nonsense about things they have no clue about. Trump repeats that: "We'll pull out of NAFTA!" "I'll dissolve the 9th Circuit!" It takes a few hours for someone who actually understands things to put together a children's picture book style power point presentation where they explain in small words why this is a stupid thing. Then Trump either doubles down until the legal system slaps him out of it or he backs off.

Because there's brown people there and the people who voted for him don't realize it's part of the US.

But for the reason why Puerto Rico is in financial trouble, decades of government mismanagement came to a crash a year or two ago and now the government there is bankrupt.

sounds a lot like flint

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/380327176676990977

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/381043541092204544

There really is a hypocritical or completely contradictory tweet for literally every tweet he has made since becoming president! lol