Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte
According to a Bluehole dev on both twitter and reddit, they are planning to release at minimum one new gun per month going forward, so hopefully we'll see less of everyone and their grandmother running around with an M16 over time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Raged posted:

Remember don't throw to cover you. Throw to where you think people are to block their view.

seriously, the level of being able to see out of a smoke compared to in is so extremely disparate in this game, it's a real shock seeing it compared to csgo

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I've really fucked it. Have I fucked it?
Remember that smoke is not rendered at longer ranges. There are videos out there with gross examples.

Futuresight
Oct 11, 2012

IT'S ALL TURNED TO SHIT!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7RYd7W5Ocg&t=61s

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

VulgarandStupid posted:

There's no lag or anything like that... what are you talking about?

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/138385798

to be honest, your crosshairs weren't actually on the guy in any of those shots you missed.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe
How large is the spread on shotguns with and without choke. I don't really depend on them outside of buildings unless I have to but it would be nice to pick off some guy running away from assault rifle fire once in a while.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Futaba Anzu posted:

to be honest, your crosshairs weren't actually on the guy in any of those shots you missed.

Yes, because of the incredibly erratic speeds the lag made him move at. He moved out of my cross hairs the first two times at speeds that he shouldn't be capable of, and then the next two I missed, I tried to compensate for it and anticipate where he would be, but it didn't go so well.

Intoluene posted:

How large is the spread on shotguns with and without choke. I don't really depend on them outside of buildings unless I have to but it would be nice to pick off some guy running away from assault rifle fire once in a while.

With a choke, it's pretty drat good. In fact, I use them when I move up on people in tree cover, because aiming down sight with a rifle would be a death sentence when you're in the open like that, but you can quickly shoulder and fire the shotgun and get a few hits. The only down side is, running with the shotgun is the slowest of all weapon types.

VulgarandStupid fucked around with this message at 08:29 on Apr 27, 2017

S w a y z e
Mar 19, 2007

f l a p

You can still kill people pretty consistently at, I'd say about 50m. A choke doubles to triples that. I've nailed people at mid/rifle range no problem with the choke.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

dylguy90 posted:

You can still kill people pretty consistently at, I'd say about 50m. A choke doubles to triples that. I've nailed people at mid/rifle range no problem with the choke.

I'm not 100% sure on this, but since rifles and other weapons don't have damage drop off over distance or velocity drop off either, I'm guessing shotgun pellets are subject to those same rules. Which means they are stronger in this game than just about any other.

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
As someone who has taken a shot of buckshot to the face from a ricochet irl, you could drop someone I am sure at 100m/300'.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

jonathan posted:

So the most enjoyable thing could be loving with players dug into houses. You either hear their footsteps or hear them running around looting a house. Start running around the house breaking random windows and opening and closing exterior doors. They always seem to hide upstairs waiting. It's even better if you can get in and lob a smoke grenade to the stop of the steps.

I usually get killed anyways cause I am bad at videogames but it's really enjoyable playing the shining with their mind until they kill me.

In squads I like to strike up a conversation with the defenders while my buddies sneak in the other side of the building and murder everyone.

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte

cock hero flux posted:

In squads I like to strike up a conversation withyell at the defenders while my buddies sneak in the other side of the building and murder everyone.

Same, but

Hra Mormo
Mar 6, 2008

The Internet Man
Shotguns in games having an effective range of about arm's length is my pet peeve. The only complaint I had about the 2016 Doom was the effective range of the shotguns.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Game is back up, but the NA leaderboard is broken

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte

Raged posted:

Game is back up, but the NA leaderboard is broken

honestly who cares about leaderboards in this

edit: oh I see, they don't work at all now. and all stats are gone

Paradigmata
Dec 23, 2015

Dissolved
Daily reminder to always have a shotgun in your secondary weapon slot.
https://streamable.com/q7tyt

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Would be nice if they could do something about teaming in solo. Just not fun with you cross a bridge and 4 people are there lined up waiting to gun down your car.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

i thought people were exaggerating when they said their hearts were pounding in the final 2. they are not.

daveline
Nov 22, 2007

is the patch out yet?

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

daveline posted:

is the patch out yet?

Yep.

E: Just played my first game post-patch and the lag was intense. :(

Bardeh fucked around with this message at 12:57 on Apr 27, 2017

daveline
Nov 22, 2007

how's the loot now? I haven't really had many issues in the past week tbh apart from scopes

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

Paradigmata posted:

Daily reminder to always have a shotgun in your secondary weapon slot.
https://streamable.com/q7tyt

are you soloing in duo/squad?

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

daveline posted:

how's the loot now? I haven't really had many issues in the past week tbh apart from scopes

I've only had the chance to play one game and the lag was so bad I didn't last long. I found an 8x right off the bat in some random little garage next to the ruins though, and there seemed to be more ammo with the weapons.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe
One thing I've noticed is that the distance meter for the safe and closing zone doesn't seem to work anymore. Also, I've had to chase that damned circle every goddamned game. Except the one where I landed at the school. That was a mistake.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost
They broke the leaderboards again as well.

Phrosphor
Feb 25, 2007

Urbanisation

Was anything important changed in the 1.3Gb patch I just downloaded? I don't see any patch notes anywhere.

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte

daveline posted:

I dropped into Pochinki and pretty quickly found an AKM and a 416, then got shot in the face by a Saiga. Take from that what you will

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Phrosphor posted:

Was anything important changed in the 1.3Gb patch I just downloaded? I don't see any patch notes anywhere.

i think they added weather effects? at least this was the first time i've seen rain.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

Phrosphor posted:

Some minor bugfixes, and the loot spawning system was changed back to how it used to be (so stuff should be more plentiful now).

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot

Roobanguy posted:

i think they added weather effects? at least this was the first time i've seen rain.

Nah, that was already in.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Phrosphor posted:

quote:

Early Access - Week 5 - Patch Notes

Client Performance Improvement
Improved the drop in FPS when firing a gun or driving a vehicle
Gameplay
Rolled back the item spawn balance
Reduced the amount of health lost when a character is ejected from a flipping motorbike

Bug fixes
Fixed a bug that caused the door to open towards the player
Fixed a bug causing incorrect lighting on the 2x scope
Fixed a bug that caused loot to be not shown in the inventory when a character first obtained it
Fixed a bug that caused crossbow attachments not to show up in the vicinity pane
Fixed a bug that caused the sound to stutter

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
Oh poo poo I didn't see that they fixed the sound crackling bug. Thank gently caress for that, it was horrible.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Bardeh posted:

Oh poo poo I didn't see that they fixed the sound crackling bug. Thank gently caress for that, it was horrible.

Lol, it's not fixed. It's still lovely as gently caress in the pre-game lobby (matchmaking island).

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
Another 450 meg patch is now downloading. Lots of people on the subreddit were reporting crashes, so it's probably to fix that.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
Maybe emergency crash fix? I know I've had a CTD with an actual error box pop up and one of my friends has too.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
Something else I just saw too. Apparently Battlegrounds uses some models from this dude's UE4 Weapons Pack:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwmBam_JHzU

It might offer up some clues as to the upcoming weapons they're planning on releasing. If they're planning on releasing one a month I assume they'll just be using these existing models that they already have.

E: Oh hey, here's a list of weapons included in the pack that aren't in game yet:

Sako 85
Ruger MK3
Stealth Hunter
PX4
Sig Sauer P250
P90
MP5
M1014
Flaregun
Fabarm Martial
Glock 22
DT11
CX4 Storm
MK18
CZ75 SP01
Mossberg 590A1

Bardeh fucked around with this message at 14:01 on Apr 27, 2017

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer
Just played around. Loot is good again. Pump shotguns with chokes remain the best.

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

I wish I had shadowplay running. I'm decked out with great gear, about 20 people left and I'm on a bike escaping the blue zone. A dacia comes out of nowhere and starts chasing me. I hit a pebble and my bike flips and tosses me off. The dacia driver is coming at me full speed and he switches to the passenger seat. The dacia DRIFTS on its side and he two shots me with the s686 before I can even react.

I wasn't even mad.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
drat memory crashes and CTDs out the rear end now. You can tell its coming because the ambient wind/rain audio cuts out then you crash about 10 seconds later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

i really really want a kill cam

• Locked thread