Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011
So, should I farm Sith Trooper or Sith Assassin next? Will R2 kill and scare off all the zMaul teams? If so, I assume Sith Trooper would be the better choice? I'm not sure which to farm first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

Dr. Venture posted:

So, should I farm Sith Trooper or Sith Assassin next? Will R2 kill and scare off all the zMaul teams? If so, I assume Sith Trooper would be the better choice? I'm not sure which to farm first.

R2 is gonna be able to be pretty fast with ~150 speed, but I still think zMauls will go first so you will be able to avoid burn most likely for up to 2 turns. So not sure if R2 is gonna kill the meta. Depends on what else changes and what Jedi Luke will bring...

R2 being a double zeta unique fuckhead means he is likely to be part of a GK+X all purpose team comp

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
If Yoda is Jedi, EP is Rebels, R2-D2 is Empire does it make sense that if they release Jedi Luke as an event like those three then the characters to have would be Sith?

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Space Crabs posted:

If Yoda is Jedi, EP is Rebels, R2-D2 is Empire does it make sense that if they release Jedi Luke as an event like those three then the characters to have would be Sith?

At this point I think it's almost certain that Luke will either be a raid reward or tied to whatever "new game mode" they were teasing a few weeks ago, and will probably be whale bait for a while.

Herux
Dec 1, 2013
So now I am just farming the hell outta hardmode baze+ nihilus! cantina is going to chirpa and then kylo. R2 is empire so i got that...and places of power needs sith (thanks maul!) Should be set for these events.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Herux posted:

So now I am just farming the hell outta hardmode baze+ nihilus! cantina is going to chirpa and then kylo. R2 is empire so i got that...and places of power needs sith (thanks maul!) Should be set for these events.

Hell, same.

Hoping my G8 Tarkin will be fine, since my empire team staple, 3* Shore, won't be usable for the R2 event.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Chilichimp posted:

Hell, same.

Hoping my G8 Tarkin will be fine, since my empire team staple, 3* Shore, won't be usable for the R2 event.

Yeah, basically in the same place. My Zader/Palp/TFP trio are absolutely beefy enough to probably trio it, since I figure the event can't be tuned for Level 85 arena modded, zeta'd gear 11 dudes, so my mediocre RG and Bad Ol' Tarkin get to come along for the ride.

I should probably Level his abilities past rank 3 though. He's got some pretty okay turn meter manipulation!

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE
I gotta switch gears on that too. I figure I can have Tarkin at 5* just before the event starts and RG as well if I get lucky with HM drops.

If I was loaded I'd just buy Saxon and the supertrooper lol

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Crumbletron posted:

I gotta switch gears on that too. I figure I can have Tarkin at 5* just before the event starts and RG as well if I get lucky with HM drops.

If I was loaded I'd just buy Saxon and the supertrooper lol

I really recommend snowtrooper for events like this. He feeds TM to EP and TFP, and it's pretty insane. Lots of free turns, and high TM at the end of each round. Plus, he's farmable from the guild shop, cantina, and a hard node or two.

e: Plus, while he starts doing a little bit more damage if you actually take the time to gear/level/mod him, you can also just take him to level 70, 7*, G7, and max his unique ability, and he'll do a lot of work.

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Apr 26, 2017

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

So would you recommend Snowtrooper over RG or Tarkin? RG is G7 for me already at least. My Snowtrooper is at 4* but needs 41 shards. He'd be competing with RG for energy.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Just do Tarkin and RG, honestly.

Snowtroopers usefulness is pretty limited right now. It might change with Veers, but Tarkin is easily farmed from Arena and RG is still pretty useful even if he isn't anywhere in the arena meta discussion anymore.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Crumbletron posted:

So would you recommend Snowtrooper over RG or Tarkin? RG is G7 for me already at least. My Snowtrooper is at 4* but needs 41 shards. He'd be competing with RG for energy.

Chilichimp posted:

Just do Tarkin and RG, honestly.

Snowtroopers usefulness is pretty limited right now. It might change with Veers, but Tarkin is easily farmed from Arena and RG is still pretty useful even if he isn't anywhere in the arena meta discussion anymore.

While Tarkin is an easier farm, he's fairly worthless right now. Maybe that'll change with the next patch, but they're focused on imperial troopers, so I expect we'll see improvements to Snowtrooper, Stormtrooper, and Magmatrooper. I'm guessing they will leave Tarkin as is, or give him a zeta that makes him marginally better. If they give us some more imperial ships with this patch, then maybe Tarkin will be worth it as FC.

I wouldn't farm Snowtrooper over RG though, RG is a boss.

If you think you'll be cutting it close, how hard would it be to get Magma to 5*? He sucks, but GW is an easy farm.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

Magma is unlocked but I didn't put any work into him. RG is less than 20 away from 5 so I'll just do him + Tarkin. I just hit 85 recently so I need him decent enough for zeta stuff soon anyway.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

I don't know if Snowtrooper was a gift in the early times or if I got lucky in bronziums, but from daily freebies he's almost to 5 naturally. I did take a long rear end break after TFA so...

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

In the Grim Darkness of the Future, there is only war.

...and delicious ice cream.
I need to get RG up too. What's the easiest way to farm him?

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

turn it up TURN ME ON posted:

I need to get RG up too. What's the easiest way to farm him?

not really easy to farm. he's in cantina node 7-c and 2 hard nodes]

Edit: here's a tool that'll help you predict how long it'll take to farm someone from the cantina: http://www.crouchingrancor.com/cantina-farming-planner-tool/

For example, if you had a 6* RG (0/100), it would take 30 days to farm with no refreshes and 12 with two, which would be at the edge of getting him in time for the event

Davethulhu fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Apr 26, 2017

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

In the Grim Darkness of the Future, there is only war.

...and delicious ice cream.

Davethulhu posted:

not really easy to farm. he's in cantina node 7-c and 2 hard nodes]

Edit: here's a tool that'll help you predict how long it'll take to farm someone from the cantina: http://www.crouchingrancor.com/cantina-farming-planner-tool/

For example, if you had a 6* RG (0/100), it would take 30 days to farm with no refreshes and 12 with two, which would be at the edge of getting him in time for the event

god no that just makes me sad.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

I have a 7 star RG because I wanted a good tank a while ago, so I'm good there. And a 6 star Vader. But after that I'm pretty weak on Empire. I have a 4 star Magma I'll probably try to get up to 5 star, and a level 63 GLVII TIE Fighter Pilot for his ship crew bonus, but he's only 3 stars so he's pretty worthless.

I probably won't make it far in this event.

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003
I hope a strong Vader and Emp can carry the event. I don't want to sink too many resources into this.

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
i decided to be bigoted against droids like I am against ewoks so this event is causing me no stress at all :smug:

...........................it isn't at all that I have no way to get empire people in time

Malkof
Oct 13, 2001

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.

Is there any room in QJG? If not can the overflow toss me and invite? 355-217-356

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
FYI, if you're consistently top 3 in arena, that's 25 Tarkin shards/ 2 days, which, with minimal fleet store buying, should get you just squeaking in with a 7* by events end even if you've totally neglected him.

Similarly, if you drop everything and start working on Magmatrooper now, he comes in at 15 shards/day, which puts him at 7* in 22 days; given that the event is going to last somewhere between 7 and 14 days long (my money is on ten) there's an outside chance you can get him where he needs to be in time.

There'll also probably be some sort of imperial trooper pack that might be able to cover the last mile if you can get close (I.e. Maybe the event only lasts 10 days and you can only get to 270/330 shards, some $$$ might be able to push you over he finish line. But that's speculative.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

thrawn527 posted:

I have a 7 star RG because I wanted a good tank a while ago, so I'm good there. And a 6 star Vader. But after that I'm pretty weak on Empire. I have a 4 star Magma I'll probably try to get up to 5 star, and a level 63 GLVII TIE Fighter Pilot for his ship crew bonus, but he's only 3 stars so he's pretty worthless.

I probably won't make it far in this event.

You can take Magma from 4 to 7 stars (assuming you're at 0/65) in ~17 days. TIE can go from 3->7 in basically the same timeframe if you do cantina refreshes. If you farm Tarkin hard, and if Vader is close, then you got this.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

CaptainPsyko posted:

FYI, if you're consistently top 3 in arena, that's 25 Tarkin shards/ 2 days, which, with minimal fleet store buying, should get you just squeaking in with a 7* by events end even if you've totally neglected him.

I'm top 3...00 :discourse:

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Crumbletron posted:

I'm top 3...00 :discourse:

Well top 200 is 10 Tarkin shards per day so still pretty close if you're aggressive with fleet shop buys!

Top 500 is 700 currency per day which is 35/4 days. So 70 shards by event start and probably ~160-180 by event end. That means you'd need him to pop in the fleet shop roughly 1-2 times per day. Which isn't unreasonable, though it's a bit of luck needed.

(And that's for 7*. If your goal is just 5* for the unlock, or even 6*, you should make it handily.)

Chevy Slyme fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Apr 26, 2017

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

CaptainPsyko posted:

You can take Magma from 4 to 7 stars (assuming you're at 0/65) in ~17 days. TIE can go from 3->7 in basically the same timeframe if you do cantina refreshes. If you farm Tarkin hard, and if Vader is close, then you got this.

Then that's what I'll try. Thanks!

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

thrawn527 posted:

Then that's what I'll try. Thanks!

Note that that's still only 4/5 that you'll need. If you don't have EP unlocked, the next easiest farm is probably going to be either stormtrooper (Cantina currency + some hard nodes) or Snowtrooper (guild currency), but either way, at that point you're getting into the imperial weeds and it'll be real tough to be ready in time.

Chevy Slyme fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Apr 27, 2017

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

CaptainPsyko posted:

Note that that's still only 4/5 that you'll need. If you don't have EP unlocked, the next easiest farm is probably going to be either stormtrooper (Cantina + some hard nodes) or Snowtrooper (guild currency), but either way, at that point you're getting into the imperial weeds and it'll be real tough to be ready in time.

I have a 4 star Snowtrooper, so I'll see if I can get him up to good enough that he's at least not a drain on the team. Though he needs cantina energy too, so that's probably. It realistic.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

thrawn527 posted:

I have a 4 star Snowtrooper, so I'll see if I can get him up to good enough that he's at least not a drain on the team. Though he needs cantina energy too, so that's probably. It realistic.

Snowtrooper can be farmed with guild currency. Income for that isn't as easy to calculate, plus his appearance in that shop isn't perfectly reliable, but at a minimum, I don't see why you can't get him to 5*'s and at least get the unlock.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

CaptainPsyko posted:

Snowtrooper can be farmed with guild currency. Income for that isn't as easy to calculate, plus his appearance in that shop isn't perfectly reliable, but at a minimum, I don't see why you can't get him to 5*'s and at least get the unlock.

He's also got a cantina and a hard node.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Malgrin posted:

He's also got a cantina and a hard node.

Yup, but TFP is a better use of the former.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

CaptainPsyko posted:

Yup, but TFP is a better use of the former.

Oh yeah, I just kind of assume everyone has TFP by now.

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

CaptainPsyko posted:

Is there some way to get Vader shards besides ship store and share store? Or cheevos? I have him at 6* with about 40 shards.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Zachack posted:

Is there some way to get Vader shards besides ship store and share store? Or cheevos? I have him at 6* with about 40 shards.

Ship store, shard shop, and cheevo's are basically it.

When I was getting close I started digging through the achievement list to figure out which ones I could hurry along. I recall being close to an "Arena Wins" tier and deliberately sandbagging my arena rank a bit by only fighting guaranteed wins and doing ten fights a day for the 50 crystals to get my last few shards.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Vader shows up in Fleet Store, so refresh with crystals until your 1200 daily fleet points are all Vader!*

*Do not. Do that.

IRSmurf
Mar 27, 2010

Can I get an invite for Qui GoonJinn (or any guild)? Any Ally invites would be nice, too. Just added myself to the spreadsheet, Ally: 647-836-917

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy

Malkof posted:

Is there any room in QJG? If not can the overflow toss me and invite? 355-217-356

IRSmurf posted:

Can I get an invite for Qui GoonJinn (or any guild)? Any Ally invites would be nice, too. Just added myself to the spreadsheet, Ally: 647-836-917

You guys both got invites

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!

Cactus posted:

Were you the Mol Eliza that was in my guild The Rocinante until very recently? If so we always how come that guy never spoke.

If that Mol Eliza was constantly at the bottom of the raid payouts with his flimsy Jawa team and sporadic with the guild exchange, then yeah. That was probably me. I still need to format the tablet and do that one weird trick Apple hates so I can get around the hidden chat lock for minors thingy SWGOH has.

Fake edit: I wish there was an 8x speed. Even 4x is feeling slow, but that may be hitting the hardware limits of my phone/tablet.

Inimicul fucked around with this message at 13:59 on Apr 27, 2017

Cadiem
Oct 9, 2007
Any guilds have room? I added myself to that spreadsheet, and my code is 537-332-131.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Malgrin posted:

While Tarkin is an easier farm, he's fairly worthless right now. Maybe that'll change with the next patch, but they're focused on imperial troopers, so I expect we'll see improvements to Snowtrooper, Stormtrooper, and Magmatrooper. I'm guessing they will leave Tarkin as is, or give him a zeta that makes him marginally better. If they give us some more imperial ships with this patch, then maybe Tarkin will be worth it as FC.

I wouldn't farm Snowtrooper over RG though, RG is a boss.

If you think you'll be cutting it close, how hard would it be to get Magma to 5*? He sucks, but GW is an easy farm.

Are they going to fix the Snowtrooper's AI so he's not an idiot on Auto Battle, though? It's been that way since the game launched.

tadashi fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Apr 28, 2017