Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Great BBC show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grHbdi86R94

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angryboot
Oct 23, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Bleh, term of service bullshit. Video's gone now.

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

Angryboot posted:

Doesn't look like ACH to me (I've been running around on it all week during my lunch break). More like Little Tujunga or Angeles Forest near the 14.

You're probably right, I'm just used to seeing Newcomb's Ranch post things on Instagram that involve Leno and the roads being blocked off, so I assumed the 2. Looking at it closer, it's probably what you said.

A MIRACLE posted:

What part are you talking about?

I was talking about 11:44 and 11:59, I guess it's not as bad I thought watching it the first time, but he's hitting the yellow line for the lane. I've seen too many trucks / cars / whatever come down Angeles Crest and related roads way out of their lane on blind corners to consider being near the yellow line appropriate. Years ago I had to wait for 3 different (bad) bike crashes to clear up to make it from La Canada to Wrightwood up the 2, so you won't see me making full use of the lane on that road.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
Apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

nsaP posted:

Apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

Slide Hammer
May 15, 2009

Oop, no trees there. Saying revoked.

BitcoinRockefeller
May 11, 2003

God gave me my money.

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/MotoGP/status/856089091837837312

ArcticZombie
Sep 15, 2010
What happened there? Lost the front, the bike rotated sideways slightly and when it found grip the mini-highside popped it back upright?

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Marky Mark did a similar save a year or so ago but absurdly no one caught it on video. I'm not sure if this one was better than that or not.

BitcoinRockefeller
May 11, 2003

God gave me my money.

Hair Elf

ArcticZombie posted:

What happened there? Lost the front, the bike rotated sideways slightly and when it found grip the mini-highside popped it back upright?

MotoGP's largest son Baz bullied a bike that was well and truly lowsided back up with his big legs and some some torque on the bars on his Q1 fast lap.

https://twitter.com/MotoGP/status/855866264048214016

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

Slide Hammer posted:

Oop, no trees there. Saying revoked.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/EkU6C0ql.jpg[[/img]

figurative tree in close proximity

Mike the TV
Jan 14, 2008

Ninety-nine ninety-nine ninety-nine

Pillbug
The Black Dog

https://www.facebook.com/cross.training.enduro.skills/videos/1857022751213638/

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

Just had to unfollow some poo poo on Facebook because they promoted Yammienoobs GoFundMe. Of course he has a GoFundMe now

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002
Last time he crashed he said he wouldn't make a GoFundMe to cover his costs. Guess that was while he was still employed and not trying to live off of YouTube revenue. What happened this time, he didn't pay into his COBRA or buy another insurance plan, ACA or otherwise? Or is he just getting the everloving poo poo sued out of him and hoping his fans will foot the bill?

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

I know you guys don't like gear, but I'm dying to know where to get these gloves:

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
:vince:

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Dang that's savage.

So has he posted a defense anywhere yet?

NeuralSpark
Apr 16, 2004

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

So has he dictated a defense to post anywhere yet?

Fixed.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

Dang that's savage.

So has he posted a defense anywhere yet?

Its funny when you try to look for videos about the recent crash and all you get is his videos from his last crash and their doesnt seem to be much difference.

i.e. Im not gonna ride on the street anymore, I set up a gofund me to help with bills etc...

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

It must be a bitch getting around in a wheelchair with hands that don't work.

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib
Yammie has trouble with any two wheeled vehicle.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Coydog posted:

Yammie has trouble with any two wheeled vehicle.

Wheelchairs, I think, have 4 wheels

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

Angryboot posted:

Doesn't look like ACH to me (I've been running around on it all week during my lunch break). More like Little Tujunga or Angeles Forest near the 14.

That's almost certainly Little Tujunga. Which, incidentally is a pretty well-kept secret and has nothing nearly like the amount of squids ACH has. It's pretty gnarly though: a lot of nasty corners, minimal guard rails, poor asphalt and runoff sand/rocks in the road.

:getin:

Best rider I ever saw schooled the poo poo out of me up there on a Kawi Concourse when I tried to keep up on my old 690.

Angryboot
Oct 23, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Angeles is bumpy as gently caress now days going downhill from Redbox to the 210. It was bad last year when they repaved it, now it's worse. On my 690, not too big a deal. Gets annoying on my zx6 or the rsv4 though.

Betty
Apr 14, 2008

The Bananana posted:

Wheelchairs, I think, have 4 wheels

I just giggled at the mental image I have of a wheelchair with just two big wheels and how hard it would be to control.

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

The Royal Nonesuch posted:

That's almost certainly Little Tujunga. Which, incidentally is a pretty well-kept secret and has nothing nearly like the amount of squids ACH has. It's pretty gnarly though: a lot of nasty corners, minimal guard rails, poor asphalt and runoff sand/rocks in the road.

:getin:

Best rider I ever saw schooled the poo poo out of me up there on a Kawi Concourse when I tried to keep up on my old 690.

Is that open right now? I was there a month ago for the shooting range, but there was a sign saying the road was closed at the Wildlife Waystation (didn't verify that it was closed). I like Big Tujunga Canyon, but the road has some lovely parts, sand / rockslides, and it's not that long a trip unless you make a loop by connecting to the Angeles Forest Highway / Angeles Crest. It's also a pain to get to because you have to go through a residential area with a million stop signs.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Betty posted:

I just giggled at the mental image I have of a wheelchair with just two big wheels and how hard it would be to control.
Technically most wheelchairs have two wheels and two casters. :eng101:

Maybe he needs casters on his bike too. :v:

Dog Case
Oct 7, 2003

Heeelp meee... prevent wildfires
The other day I accidentally discovered these weird Chinese bikes that look like huge cruisers but have 125cc engines and have names like Texan and Arizona:

Also I really like this man riding a small version of a large bike through a miniature city block:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cucp52KEqOM

mentalcontempt
Sep 4, 2002

Rode to Yosemite on Sunday.

tjones
May 13, 2005
loving awesome. Post more if you have any more cool pictures.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

Dog Case posted:

The other day I accidentally discovered these weird Chinese bikes that look like huge cruisers but have 125cc engines and have names like Texan and Arizona:

Also I really like this man riding a small version of a large bike through a miniature city block:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cucp52KEqOM

In Taiwan, Kymco used to make the Zing 125, and Venox 250, though I'm not sure if they still build either. Hartford (another Taiwanese manufacturer) does currently build a 320cc cruiser. I knew an expat who had a Zing that he did a light chop to make it look like Fonda's bike in Easy Rider. Otherwise, most custom chop builds in Taiwan tend to use a Yamaha SR150 as the base/starting point.

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

MomJeans420 posted:

Is that open right now? I was there a month ago for the shooting range, but there was a sign saying the road was closed at the Wildlife Waystation (didn't verify that it was closed). I like Big Tujunga Canyon, but the road has some lovely parts, sand / rockslides, and it's not that long a trip unless you make a loop by connecting to the Angeles Forest Highway / Angeles Crest. It's also a pain to get to because you have to go through a residential area with a million stop signs.

I rode Little T about a month before the Sand Fire (poo poo, that was July 2016.... time flies) and I haven't been since. It was closed for quite awhile afterwards (part of the reason I haven't been) so that's probably what you ran into. I thought it would be open by now, but if it was closed a month ago...

I've done Big T a couple of times since then (I also always do it as a loop via ACH-Upper Big T or vice versa) though and a lot of it is freshly paved and/or much better condition than I've ever seen Little T. That poo poo is sandy as gently caress.

tjones
May 13, 2005
The TT kicks off in a month. Here's an old Joey Dunlop documentary if you like TT related things:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixO7k2Foa-0

Pinny
Sep 8, 2006
I only have 1 day off for TT this year

it better not loving rain!

Fanelien
Nov 23, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tW7QsonSouk

Well, he sorta of explained it.

Keket
Apr 18, 2009

Mhmm
Holy poo poo I've never wanted to reach through a computer and slap someone this hard before.

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib
drat you Fanelien, if that's what I think it was I was avoiding posting it because the twit doesn't need any more views.

.... what was his grand excuse?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Keket posted:

Holy poo poo I've never wanted to reach through a computer and slap someone this hard before.

I hope he dies soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Well there we go, MotoGP racers crash so it's ok to play chicken with Porches, sounds legit.