Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Coco Rodreguiz
Jan 12, 2007

Peckerhead isn't used enough as an insult if you ask me.
I wonder if Puerto Rico is happy or scared that Trump probably doesn't know it's part of the US.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Oh my god, this article has way too many lols for this early in the morning

quote:

So he took it upon himself to explain that his presidency was actually on track, inviting a pair of POLITICO reporters into the Oval Office for an impromptu meeting. He sat at the Resolute desk, with his daughter Ivanka across from him. One aide said the chat was off-the-record, but Trump insisted, over objections from nervous-looking staffers, that he be quoted.

quote:

Trump remains reliant as ever on his children and longtime friends for counsel. White House staff have learned to cater to the president’s image obsession by presenting decisions in terms of how they’ll play in the press. Among his first reads in the morning is still the New York Post. When Trump feels like playing golf, he does — at courses he owns. When Trump feels like eating out, he does — at hotels with his name on the outside.

quote:

“I kind of pooh-poohed the experience stuff when I first got here,” one White House official said of these early months. “But this poo poo is hard.”

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/04/27/the-education-of-donald-trump-237669

haljordan fucked around with this message at 13:44 on Apr 27, 2017

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

I could be a revolutionary
i love how running an entire country of hundreds of millions of people was the same as working in a call center to these guys: No Experience Required

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

Plavski posted:

i love how running an entire country of hundreds of millions of people was the same as working in a call center to these guys: No Experience Required

To that point, somebody in this thread yesterday said something about how funny it was that Easy D assumed that all of these problems were actually very simple and all he had to do was just waltz in and straight up ask for America's best interests

I agree, it is very funny. Extreemely lolworthy

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007

Plavski posted:

He's not a politician, that's what I like about him!!!

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

do u know jenny posted:

He's not a politician, that's what I like about him!!!

I always loved that logic because if you watch the guy for 30 goddamn seconds, you see him out-politicianing the politicians in every category except for Getting poo poo Done.

Lols lols everywhere and not a drop to ROFL.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

haljordan posted:

Oh my god, this article has way too many lols for this early in the morning

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/04/27/the-education-of-donald-trump-237669

lolllll

quote:

His sessions with Trump were described by people familiar with them as part pep talk and part talking-point seminar. In the early days, Trump criticized Spicer fiercely, prompting him to upgrade his delivery at the podium as well as his wardrobe of suits. Now, people close to the president say, Trump brags about Spicer’s ratings.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

The biggest lol is how staffers have to frame everything based on what the fuckin NY Post will write

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer

timp posted:

To that point, somebody in this thread yesterday said something about how funny it was that Easy D assumed that all of these problems were actually very simple and all he had to do was just waltz in and straight up ask for America's best interests

I agree, it is very funny. Extreemely lolworthy

Yeah, it breaks my brain trying to figure out what he thought was going to happen. Or what he thought had been happening until then. He and his followers had thought he, and he alone, could solve all of America's "problems" by just winning the election.

Now that I think about it, I think it is just that he thinks the whole world owes us and we have infinite leverage to demand whatever we want because we don't need anyone else, but they need us. Art of the Deal!

Cthulu Carl posted:

I always loved that logic because if you watch the guy for 30 goddamn seconds, you see him out-politicianing the politicians in every category except for Getting poo poo Done.

Lols lols everywhere and not a drop to ROFL.

This. 1000 times this.
I never understood it.
Trump is the most cartoonishly politician politician ever. Every single stereotype of a bad politician you see on TV, he does to its fullest extent.
And I love it! :lol:

Also, my favorite lol is that he spent so much time railing specifically against golfing and then spends 25%+ of his time doing exactly that within weeks of entering office. What did he think he would be doing for 8 years? (Lol, he definitely assumed it'd be 8) I just cannot understand the insanity that grasps him. But it's also the best thing ever.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich
It just occurred to me that for the first time in my life I can say with complete certainty that I'm smarter than the POTUS

that's a lol

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

The other good one is "He speaks his mind!" Mostly because that gives you locked to just unload the vilest insults you can on them and if they get hacked off (and they will), you can just be all "but I was only speaking my mind!"

Even better if they rant against safe spaces.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Good thing the White House wasn't involved in hiring Michael Flynn.

https://twitter.com/jimsciutto/status/857592014623342593

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/ChadKMills/status/854761470676041739

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CASLqRoB0Mw

quote:

South Carolina candidate for US Congress, who has been criticized for using the 2015 killings of nine black church members in a campaign advert, has said the removal of a Confederate monument in the state should be matched by the removal of a memorial to African American slaves.

Sheri Few, who is running for South Carolina’s fifth congressional district, was condemned by the pastor of the Emanuel AME church last week for a “completely distasteful” advert in which she criticized “weak politicians” for removing the Confederate flag from South Carolina’s statehouse in 2015, while wielding a semi-automatic rifle.

Few has made the flag’s removal, and the preservation of Confederate memorabilia, a central part of her campaign. On Monday she told the Guardian she stood by her controversial advert, and said if elected she would focus on “fighting the destruction of every bit of Confederate memorabilia in our country”.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

I remember my own personal outrage at the Sandy Hook flagging, where I finally saw the terrible power wrought from dyed pieces of cloth stitched together ...

LoL at comparing the Confederate Flag to an African Slave memorial. that woman has a mono-lobe in her skull and it's turned to 'stupid AF'

LOL THREAD: can anyone from the South maybe flesh out how someone could feasibly claim to be proud of their Confederate heritage without being... like a huge loving racist? is there anything cool about Robert E. Lee or anyone that could potentially make for a role model, or are these people just on their face horrible idiots who long for a time when they could buy & sell brown people in between incest rapes? I really think it'll flesh out my lols on this story.

Bust Rodd fucked around with this message at 15:17 on Apr 27, 2017

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Also a big lol at Chaffetz claiming he's resigning all of a sudden due to "foot problems"

Constipated
Nov 25, 2009

Gotta make that money man its still the same now

Shadow0 posted:

Yeah, it breaks my brain trying to figure out what he thought was going to happen. Or what he thought had been happening until then. He and his followers had thought he, and he alone, could solve all of America's "problems" by just winning the election.

I love seeing my coworker's face (who voted for him) everyday whenever she reads the newspaper on break, and has to see all the articles talking about how insanely incompetent him and his administration is and how whatever he's trying to do will gently caress her over. She was so snarky and self righteous leading up to the election and ate up all the bullshit he spewed out. But at least the grim realization that he isn't going to be a good president is setting in, I can't believe there are so many people that are still on the Trump train.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Congress pulling for a Hail Mary

There is a greater than 60% chance that this is strategically so the Govenrment Shutdown DOES NOT occur on EZ-DZ's 100th Day in office (which he totally doesn't care about, but if he did he'd be winning)

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Bust Rodd posted:

LOL THREAD: can anyone from the South maybe flesh out how someone could feasibly claim to be proud of their Confederate heritage without being... like a huge loving racist? is there anything cool about Robert E. Lee or anyone that could potentially make for a role model, or are these people just on their face horrible idiots who long for a time when they could buy & sell brown people in between incest rapes? I really think it'll flesh out my lols on this story.

I'm not from the south, but some of my family fought for the CSA. Somehow, though, I've managed to make it through my entire life so far without even once purchasing a confederate battle flag vanity plate.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

lol at all of these but particularly this one
https://twitter.com/HeerJeet/status/857598257995710465

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Lol, of course she's pushing that useless $700 juicer on her Twitter. Of course.

Two dumb things together at last.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Raspberry Jam It In Me posted:

Lol, of course she's pushing that useless $700 juicer on her Twitter. Of course.

400 and it was a year ago

r->c->p

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Both Ivana and the juicer are also more functional with a vigorous grabbing.

my new dog
May 7, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Im only the presidents daughter and have an official title in the white house, sure ill peddle your juice squeezer

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

PK loving SUBBAN posted:

It just occurred to me that for the first time in my life I can say with complete certainty that I'm smarter than the POTUS

that's a lol
Were you not alive for GWB my dude

Scary!
Oct 22, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

my new dog posted:

Im only the presidents daughter and have an official title in the white house, sure ill peddle your juice squeezer

Isn't it just a device that squeezes plastic bags of juice? Lmao

Edit: like I had to look up why people thought it was so funny. "A device that squeezes fresh fruit? Why is that so weird other than the price?" The truth of ivanka selling a bag squeezer ended up being better than I thought

Scary! fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Apr 27, 2017

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

flashy_mcflash posted:

Were you not alive for GWB my dude

Ughhh this bursts my bubble in more than one way

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/857605104417026049

I have to lol at this, otherwise this brazen display of "literally the opposite of reality" would make me really angry

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/857604537003200512
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/857604623531749376
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/857604709829529601
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/857604808676708353
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/857605018266062848
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/857605104417026049

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Scary! posted:

Isn't it just a device that squeezes plastic bags of juice? Lmao

Yeah, it's kinda like a Capri Sun press.

It's being mocked by everyone and everything right now because it turns out that you can get exactly the same result by just squeezing the plastic bag with your hands​, instead of using that $700 machine. Also, the machine has juice pack DRM and wifi.

It's the perfect fit for the Trump family.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Nice meltdown

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
While I don't like how every trump tweet has the same idiot flooding the comment section with his 50 million own-post, but at least they sometimes provide lols

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
i pretty convinced now that he abuses some type of stimulant on a regular basis

lol

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Ill just take six shots and hope one hits

Scary!
Oct 22, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Yeah, it's kinda like a Capri Sun press.

It's being mocked by everyone and everything right now because it turns out that you can get exactly the same result by just squeezing the plastic bag with your hands​, instead of using that $700 machine. Also, the machine has juice pack DRM and wifi.

It's the perfect fit for the Trump family.

Lol pls you're killing me! ❤️

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

that's not how you use hootsuite easy d

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

six tweets within two minutes?? wh-what is this sorcery? :eyepop:

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Dizz posted:

While I don't like how every trump tweet has the same idiot flooding the comment section with his 50 million own-post, but at least they sometimes provide lols

I do like the lunatic who replies with all the Bible verses

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Efexeye posted:

that's not how you use hootsuite easy d

its weird doing so many at once on his account

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

These god damned Democrats wanting to fund health care instead of buying more missiles!! :bahgawd:

System Metternich posted:

six tweets within two minutes?? wh-what is this sorcery? :eyepop:

He's either got six phones or someone finally told him how to copy and paste.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

haljordan posted:

I do like the lunatic who replies with all the Bible verses

All I ever see is that aynrandpaul dude who just constantly goes on some self righteous rant on each trump tweet like he's channeling the literal spirit animal of uncle sam