Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
El Patron
Jul 9, 2011

Philly Philly
Corey Davis please Eagles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Spoeank posted:

My dick is so hard for Myles Garrett at two

he's going three to the bears

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Hot takes:

If the Browns take Trubisky #1 overall then their analytics must have rated him as a better prospect than Wentz. They will be forever compared. I can't say whether he is or isn't since I'm just a guy on the internet who watches very little college FB.

That being said I think it's a smokescreen and they take Garrett or trade down from #1 with a big offer and then take Trubisky. I think they're going to stay put and take Garrett #1 and Watson #12 unless Trubisky is there.

Of course 5 minutes after I post this they will announce that they've signed Trubisky.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

My dad bought a Garrett A&M jersey, so it is a 100% lock they draft Trubisky.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

I'm in Philly for the next few days. What's the best way to get in on some of this draft action since official tickets are sold out?

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Unless the Browns are terrible at the draft (don't laugh) Trubisky is a smoke screen. They probably want one of the other guys later. They got Brock to get them through the season.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

I'm in Philly for the next few days. What's the best way to get in on some of this draft action since official tickets are sold out?

The theater part with seats is sold out* but everything else about Draft Town is open to the public. Go nuts in the sea of humanity

*There will be "second chance" tickets that will pop up over the three days.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

The theater part with seats is sold out* but everything else about Draft Town is open to the public. Go nuts in the sea of humanity

*There will be "second chance" tickets that will pop up over the three days.

Nice. I'm staying off the Regional so it should be alright to get in and out. The subways are going to be a mess with that and the Penn Relay though.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Things I will do if the Browns take Trubisky at 1:
  • hoot
  • holler

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Somewhere there is a bum wandering the streets of Cleveland this morning that holds the Browns future in his hands

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...

fsif posted:

Things I will do if the Browns take Trubisky at 1:
  • hoot
  • holler

I will
  • cry
  • cry more

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Somewhere there is a bum wandering the streets of Cleveland this morning that holds the Browns future in his hands

Bum: You gotta draft Johnny Football
Haslam: Make it happen Sashi
Front Office: :(

say no to bats
Aug 15, 2001
Rumblee tumblee, climin' a hunny tree
I'll honestly be shocked if any team besides the Browns take a QB in the top 5.

Which is why I am lending credence to the rumors the Browns are going to trade up with Tenn and use that pick to grab their next big bust at QB.

I know that in theory trading away a bunch of picks to move up 7 spots to draft one of the underwhelming QBs in this class goes against analytics, but the Browns FO/HC are all going to have to answer to the Hillbilly one way or another and the insider reports say he and some of the higher ups are really itching to say gently caress it and grab a QB at 1. If they actually make the right choice and grab what looks to be a franchise player on defense I'd bet money they do trade up to grab a QB.

If you believe the people plugged into the actual team with sources, they want to say its Garrett for sure but Haslam and his perpetual meddling, especially after 1-15 and somehow becoming an even bigger joke, is a wild card that can't be ignored.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Diva Cupcake posted:

The Jets roster is so barren they could take almost any position and be ok with it. If they take an interior defensive lineman like Jonathon Allen the booing from Philly will rival anything on JetsBlunders.flv.

I would like Jamal Adams though.

There is like no chance Adams is going to be there though.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

mcmagic posted:

There is like no chance Adams is going to be there though.
Hooker, Howard, trade-down, Fournette. It's going to be tough to screw this up.

Just keep me away from Lattimore and his hammys.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

Diva Cupcake posted:

Jets are taking Kizer.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

El Patron posted:

Corey Davis please Eagles.

LETS DO IT.

I'm thinking he has to make it past Baltimore and possibly Buffalo.

But, there is gonna be the QB market crash thatt Philly saw coming during the draft last year and like 4 QBs will be taken in the top 10 😎

#maybe

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Also, word is Jacksonville is gonna take Deshaun Watson #4. And Davis Webb is gonna be 1st round.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Diva Cupcake posted:

I don't want Fournette. I'm fine with Hooker or Howard or trade down. Just no QB's.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

D'awwww. My girlfriend signed us up for the outside events at the draft and she HATES football.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

89 posted:

LETS DO IT.

I'm thinking he has to make it past Baltimore and possibly Buffalo.

But, there is gonna be the QB market crash thatt Philly saw coming during the draft last year and like 4 QBs will be taken in the top 10 😎

#maybe

The Eagles pick before Baltimore. They also already have Jordan Matthews who is pretty much the B version of Davis. Drops and all.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

The Puppy Bowl posted:

They also already have Jordan Matthews who is pretty much the B version of Davis. Drops and all.

You take that back. I bet if Corey Davis is taken, Jordan Matthews gets traded during the draft. Which normally I wouldn't be cool with, but I'd be aight with it. Maybe package him with our 3rd or 2nd rounder to move up.

Can we somehow end up with Corey Davis and Dalvin Cook/Joe Mixon. We can get corners later.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

mcmagic posted:

I don't want Fournette. I'm fine with Hooker or Howard or trade down. Just no QB's.
How are you feeling about McCaffrey, iin the event of a trade down?

David Shaw puts the Jets as one of the ideal fits for him. I guess he coached with John Morton when he was with Oakland.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000802663/article/shaw-sees-jets-among-fits-for-rb-christian-mccaffrey

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Diva Cupcake posted:

How are you feeling about McCaffrey, iin the event of a trade down?

David Shaw puts the Jets as one of the ideal fits for him. I guess he coached with John Morton when he was with Oakland.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000802663/article/shaw-sees-jets-among-fits-for-rb-christian-mccaffrey

I don't trust them to use him right and I can't see taking a better Danny Woodhead in the 1st round when the Jets have so many holes.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

I'd pretty much only be angry if Philly took Lattimore. I'm nervous about Gareon, too.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

What is the expected offer for Tennessee to swap firsts with Cleveland?

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Also, lol if the Jags take Watson 4 overall.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

a new study bible! posted:

What is the expected offer for Tennessee to swap firsts with Cleveland?
I would assume #12 and their lower 2nd rounder, #52. The Titans and Jets both willing to trade down so the lowest bidder probably wins. I dont see Cleveland giving up #33.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
^^^ should be saying they are going to take Mitch if they were smart so the Browns would be fleeced by them, not the Titans.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Since no one asked, my preferences for the Bills:

Probably Won't Fall to Them
1. Malik Hooker, 2. Jamal Adams, 3. Marshon Lattimore

I'll Be Happy
4. Mike Williams, 5. Corey Davis

Acceptable, I Guess
6. Haason Reddick, 7. Reuben Foster

Ehhh
8. OJ Howard, 9. Marlon Humphrey, 10. Taco Charlton, 11. Derek Barnett

And the unacceptable tier is any of the quarterbacks, a running back, John Ross, or one of the offensive linemen.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

How great would it be if Cleveland sparked a qb run by taking Tub number 1? I want to see some GMs panic.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

It would be better if the Browns don't, the announcers scream about it for the next hour as nobody trades up for him, and he's there at 12, and then the Browns don't take him there either.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

a new study bible! posted:

How great would it be if Cleveland sparked a qb run by taking Tub number 1? I want to see some GMs panic.

And after a volley of trades and Chad Kelly going #11 the Browns get Garret at 12. 56th degree chess by Sashi going on here.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...

Kalli posted:

It would be better if the Browns don't, the announcers scream about it for the next hour as nobody trades up for him, and he's there at 12, and then the Browns don't take him there either.

It would be fate if he fell to #22 and they traded back up to get him. Browns tradition is drafting bust QBs at #22 (and whenever else they pick, but #22 has happened 3 times in the last 10 years!)

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/flamp76/status/857611570528100352

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
I'm horney for 8pm ET

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Welp, dude just skyrocketed up my draftboard.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

mastershakeman posted:

he's going three to the bears

If Garrett gets to 3, it's a good case to reduce the league to 30 teams

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Jake Butt signed an endorsement deal with Charmin.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Just want to say how much I despise the 3 day Draft format.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

swickles posted:

Jake Butt signed an endorsement deal with Charmin.

Come on Malik Hooker....

• Locked thread