Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

Ehat is rlm? Red lives matter?

Red Letter Media, it's a youtube show

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
I prefer red lives matter

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

bonerjam posted:

she was softballed into the abortive nbc newsmagazine rock center iirc, anchored by now-disgraced television personality brian williams

Chelsea got paid around 600k a year despite having almost zero air time for her consultant job.

Amarcarts
Feb 21, 2007

This looks a lot like suffering.
got some chelsea hayterzzzz in this thread.

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQ4PYVATBac

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqYJRc0TJkQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26-VzfBZg1w

spacetoaster posted:

TBH this was written back when democrats were screeching about roving gay death squads.
Yesterday?

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

killed by a Jewish guy

it even has his name in parentheses, what a loving anti-semite

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
single parenthesis means "I don't hate jews, hell I love Woody Allen", double parenthesis means "I don't hate jews, but you gotta admit Hamas makes a lot of sense", triple parenthesis is plain antisemetic.

Personally I'm trying to reach four parenthesis by channeling the ghosts of Hitler and David Duke but for now I only managed to formulate "the holocaust didn't happen and is a jewish lie, but I wish it did happen, and next time it happens we will do it right, but it will also be a jewish lie" and let's be honest it still needs some work.

edit : parentheses? poo poo if know lmao

theperminator
Sep 16, 2009

by Smythe
Fun Shoe

It's funny because Jesus and Hillary are both fake people

berth ell pup
Mar 20, 2017

I am a business magnet.

Creamed Cormp posted:

single parenthesis means "I don't hate jews, hell I love Woody Allen", double parenthesis means "I don't hate jews, but you gotta admit Hamas makes a lot of sense", triple parenthesis is plain antisemetic.

Personally I'm trying to reach four parenthesis by channeling the ghosts of Hitler and David Duke but for now I only managed to formulate "the holocaust didn't happen and is a jewish lie, but I wish it did happen, and next time it happens we will do it right, but it will also be a jewish lie" and let's be honest it still needs some work.

edit : parentheses? poo poo if know lmao

wait isn't that a real thing? i seem to recall being that an actual thing like putting (bernie sanders) in parentheses is supposed to mean something antisemitic. idfk i don't understand why antisemitism is a thing in the first place.

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

bonerjam posted:

wait isn't that a real thing? i seem to recall being that an actual thing like putting (bernie sanders) in parentheses is supposed to mean something antisemitic. idfk i don't understand why antisemitism is a thing in the first place.

just in case you're not joking, some far-right podcast has an echo special effect every time a jewish sounding name, and its fans represent that by putting jewish sounding names in parenthesis, like that : (((Schlomo Creamed Cormp))).

and antisemitism is a thing because they killed jesus and control the world in the shadows.

berth ell pup
Mar 20, 2017

I am a business magnet.

Creamed Cormp posted:

just in case you're not joking, some far-right podcast has an echo special effect every time a jewish sounding name, and its fans represent that by putting jewish sounding names in parenthesis, like that : (((Schlomo Creamed Cormp))).

and antisemitism is a thing because they killed jesus and control the world in the shadows.

i wasnt joking because i dont really keep up to date on the latest trends in antisemitism so I thank you.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

nigga crab pollock posted:

it was entirely people who wanted a female president. there was literally no other angle provided by the campaign or really covered in any publicity or advertising. plus people really susceptible to mass media propaganda just lapped up the pro hillary angle without even really thinking about it and you can tell by catching a lot of nonsensical rhetoric from them or assertions that things are entirely separate from how they are in reality

its hard to wrap your mind around being a total loving tool but like that's like 80% of the population. there are people that think trevor noah is funny and that the daily show is news.

i refuse to believe anyone thinks trevor noah is funny

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Rutibex posted:

i refuse to believe anyone thinks trevor noah is funny

youre right noahbody does. see, trevor noah would never come up with a joke that funny

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Chomp8645 posted:

I just read a book about the Emperor Augustus (of Rome, obv). He did the same poo poo, he ruthlessly promoted his own chosen heirs while quashing the careers of individuals who were promising for the state, but not of the chosen clan.

Except Augusts was a talented and inspiring leader who launched a new era of prosperity and stability for the Roman Empire, whereas for Hillary the best case would be that she manages our decline such that we collapse slowly.

rome had just gone though about 100 years of cival wars. massive slave rebellions, political tomfollery, a social war with Italian allies, Sulla, and finally the civil wars between Caesar/Pompii/Antony/Crassus. the people were really loving sick of ambitious romans screwing with their entire civilization for personal gain. Augustus was very wise to value loyalty over ambition after what he went though

skasion posted:

As long as we're making ridiculous comparisons to Rome, Trump is clearly Pompey.

we are not that far along, Trump is Tiberius Gracchus

Rutibex fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Apr 27, 2017

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

Rutibex posted:

we are not that far along, Trump is Tiberius Gracchus

This is probably still too generous to Trump

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games

theperminator posted:

It's funny because Jesus and Hillary are both fake people

Jesus is reasonably well attested to for a wandering prophet no one would have cared about 2000 years ago. If you mean disingenuous, I don't see how you can possibly conclude one way or the other.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

skasion posted:

This is probably still too generous to Trump

we will see when Trump is beaten to death by an angry mob of senators, his body thrown into the Potomac so his followers will have nowhere to greave

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

porfiria posted:

Jesus is reasonably well attested to for a wandering prophet no one would have cared about 2000 years ago.

They cared enough to kill him for opening his mouth.

But if by "well attested" you mean he deffo existed I expect you consider Josephus a good source, because there weren't many others.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

phasmid posted:

They cared enough to kill him for opening his mouth.

But if by "well attested" you mean he deffo existed I expect you consider Josephus a good source, because there weren't many others.

Josephus was writing a century later, he just heard the story from a christian

Mr-Spain
Aug 27, 2003

Bullshit... you can be mine.

Rutibex posted:

we will see when Trump is beaten to death by an angry mob of senators, his body thrown into the Potomac so his followers will have nowhere to greave

Oh like that poo poo we did to Bin Laden

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

e. Dumb derail.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Rutibex posted:

Why not just get an innertube?

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Mr-Spain posted:

im pretty sure they completely fabricated that entire story because they hosed up and crashed their top secret skunkworks stealth blackhawk that technically doesn't exist

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

im pretty sure they completely fabricated that entire story because they hosed up and crashed their top secret skunkworks stealth blackhawk that technically doesn't exist

No poo poo. When the news broke, the official story changed like 4 times in 24 hours. Like, holy poo poo, you guys launched an illegal sneak attack FOR PUBLICITY and you didn't have your story ready? What good is having a whole bunch of news orgs eating from your hand if you're going to gently caress up your own story?

"And now, in accordance with his religious beliefs, we will jettison him into the Indian ocean to be eaten by salt-water crocodiles, which he loved. No cameras."

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
so the president ordered a secret raid on the compound of quite possibly the most wanted man in the entire world and the elite crack team of navy seals flying an experimental prototype crash lands in the desert within earshot of the fortified complex that may or may not even contain the guy, and a dozen navy seals despite crashing a helicopter still managed to raid the compound, find the guy, and kill him before he escaped.

theres more believable poo poo in Call Of Duty

our boy obama just needed something tangible to say he accomplished during his presidency lmao. bin laden probably died months or years before that

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

Nah it's all above board just don't ask for evidence supporting our account of what happened.

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

phasmid posted:

No poo poo. When the news broke, the official story changed like 4 times in 24 hours. Like, holy poo poo, you guys launched an illegal sneak attack FOR PUBLICITY and you didn't have your story ready? What good is having a whole bunch of news orgs eating from your hand if you're going to gently caress up your own story?

"And now, in accordance with his religious beliefs, we will jettison him into the Indian ocean to be eaten by salt-water crocodiles, which he loved. No cameras."

its because we hosed up and crashed a top secret military prototype and pakistan gave it to china and told us to gently caress off. they had to obfuscate that with something people would care about, such as america murdering terrorist #1

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Mr-Spain posted:

Yeah.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jr9Kaa1sycs

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

its because we hosed up and crashed a top secret military prototype and pakistan gave it to china and told us to gently caress off. they had to obfuscate that with something people would care about, such as america murdering terrorist #1

I didn't dig very far when the news came. I thought it was a Chinook or something that crashed and lost several men and I remember thinking "yeah, that sounds like something we might do after a lengthy and expensive set of sims and dry runs". Zero dark thirty my rear end.

So is the prevailing notion that bin Laden is dead? Killed by people near him or maybe a lucky shot from our missiles? I heard several people say he was dead starting in the mid 2000s, including Benazir Bhutto. But then al-Zawahiri called on jihadists to take revenge on 9/11 (which syncs up w/Benghazi, I believe).

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
im not gonna pretend i know why they did the raid but i find it hard to believe that bin laden was a strategically important target and anything more than publicity. there was probably another reason why they were raiding that compound.

but the official release by the US just screams damage control. yeah they were really sloppy and changed the story but they pretty much had to break the story immediately because if they didn't do it first and establish an official story then it was going to come out sooner or later that some other government has the wreckage of a top secret aircraft recovered from a failed raid on a terrorist compound and nobody is going to believe the official US line if china or pakistan broke that story first

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?
Bin Laden is obviously dead and the White House knew he was dead at the time Obama announced his death. The whole point of the announcement was to give Obama a political boost, is anyone really stupid enough to think they would run the risk of claiming he was dead if there was the slightest chance he could turn up alive?

Hersh's book is interesting in that it pokes a couple holes in the propagandized official story (the thesis is basically that the Pakistani govt had had Bin Laden on lockdown for years and a former Pakistani intelligence officer essentially sold him out to the US over the govt's head to claim the reward) but doesn't convince me in the slightest that American troops didn't verifiably kill Bin Laden around the time and place they said they did.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I remember when the story first came out the troops had shot Bin Laden who was using one of his wives as a human shield and firing back with an AK-47. Over the span of like, 12 hours, he wasn't firing at them, but he had a gun, well, he was going for a gun, well, he was going for a nightstand that had a gun in it, until finally it was just his wife was in the room and a gun was later found in the room.

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations
What is it with underachieving men and conspiracy theories

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

whoflungpoop posted:

I'll be the judge of my achievements, tyvm.

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
more conspiracy theories are true than theories that are untrue. not counting the stuff like the moon landing or JFK or anything that was a CIA psyop to try and discredit government skepticism of course

gumdrops
Sep 12, 2016

whoflungpoop posted:

What is it with underachieving men and [every single activity starting with the word "Internet" or "political"]

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

more conspiracy theories are true than theories that are untrue. not counting the stuff like the moon landing or JFK or anything that was a CIA psyop to try and discredit government skepticism of course

More theories are true than untrue if you exclude untrue theories

That's true.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
Conspiracy theories and their popularity are a good indicator of how much people trust what they are being told.

I'll take a stab in the dark before I trust pretty much anything the CIA says.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe
the government's default setting is "lie rear end off" which has been proven over and over to the point that you should question literally everything they say even if it's just the capitol cafeterias lunch menu

• Locked thread