Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Macarius Wrench posted:

Yeah well its true, if it was the gaming masterpiece everyone keeps implying folk would be glued to their screens playing it rather than whining on a forum about spoilers.

Its why people who get triggered from spoilers annoy me so much. Go play the loving game if you are so invested!

You are acting like a loving twat about this, and you know it. Why are so many goons so terrible about posting poo poo untagged and then get so defensive when they do it? It doesn't matter why it affects someone else, just accept that it does and be considerate. It costs all of two seconds to put a spoiler tag on something.

@Snak they are right though that in this case it's just an optional and game mechanicsy thing that won't matter much. It sounds more important than it actually is, and didn't need a spoiler tag much. Although I get why it'd be annoying to read things like that randomly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It's pointless, the people who don't care about spoilers will literally never understand why people care and vice versa.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
yeah, I mean, it's fine. It's not a real spoiler.

I'm just tired of the elitist attitude that people have where the are like "it's not a real spoiler, because of x and y, and also if you care about poo poo being spoiled, you're a baby".

It's not like I'm even asking people to edit their posts. Just stop being dicks about it and take it to the Persona thread in the future. But that's too offensive of a suggestion and makes me a delicate snowflake.

Beaten while typing this by Sakurazuka and Digirat.

I'm just under a lot of stress right now, and I'm sorry for my tone being so confrontational all the time.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

With all due respect, a gaming discussion forum is not the place you want to go if you're stressed. In fact reading some goon's really stupid opinions about video games is often what gives me the burning intensity to go work out every morning.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

exquisite tea posted:

With all due respect, a gaming discussion forum is not the place you want to go if you're stressed. In fact reading some goon's really stupid opinions about video games is often what gives me the burning intensity to go work out every morning.

This is the whole internet really.

Possibly the world outside of my bed.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Snak posted:

The only thing I'm making a big deal about is that people insist on being dicks about it. Does finding out about the reaper mechanic ruin the game for me? No. But in response to it, i say "I would rather find out about those things on my own" to which someone responds with more information about it?

Like why do you always gotta be such edgelords in defining and quantifying why the stuff you're saying isn't technically any kind of spoilers, when several people, including me, have asked for that to be kept out of this thread? Oh, I get it, this is something awful, so if we can't handle being trolled, that's on us.

Whatever.

If you don't want to learn anything about games or any of the mechanics/events within them, you should probably stay off the internet. Or at least off the "GAMES" subforum.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Digirat posted:

You are acting like a loving twat about this, and you know it. Why are so many goons so terrible about posting poo poo untagged and then get so defensive when they do it? It doesn't matter why it affects someone else, just accept that it does and be considerate. It costs all of two seconds to put a spoiler tag on something.

@Snak they are right though that in this case it's just an optional and game mechanicsy thing that won't matter much. It sounds more important than it actually is, and didn't need a spoiler tag much. Although I get why it'd be annoying to read things like that randomly.

Macarius Wrench is just salty because they cant ever recommend someone a game, because if they make a post recommending it then it cant be a good game because if it was they would be too busy playing it to post on a forum. Because obviously if you enjoy a thing you have to be doing it 24/7, you cant just do it for a while then do something else for a bit and go back to it later. The fact ther are threads in a game forum where people discuss games they inexplicably claim to enjoy is forever a frustrating mystery to Macarius Wrench, and sadly one they may never solve.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Anyway, someone asked a day or so ago about driving games on the ps4. Did people come up with any that have splitscreen? I would really like a splitscreen racer to play with my bestie. On 360 we played a lot of NFS Most Wanted/Carbon, and Forza 3.

I'm aware of Trackmania Turbo, but that's really the only one. I found a few motorcycle racing games, but I think we're more interested in cars.

I played a much older Trachmania on pc a long time ago, and it didn't have collision between racers. Which has pros and cons. Is that still how it is in Turbo? We'll play pretty much any style between arcade and simulation.

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe
Rocket League has splitscreen. You race to the ball at the kickoff and score gnarly goals. :getin:

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

trackmania's the only one I can think of. I don't think nfs even has split screen these days

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Manatee Cannon posted:

trackmania's the only one I can think of. I don't think nfs even has split screen these days

yeah, it's a real shame.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Anybody know anything about Prey yet? I'm going to gamefly it with no expectations unless there's real bad news.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Bombadilillo posted:

Anybody know anything about Prey yet? I'm going to gamefly it with no expectations unless there's real bad news.

It's bioshock in space.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Closer to Deus Ex in space going by the demo

Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

If any of you bastards spoil Knack 2 for me there is going to be hell to pay.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Soft Shell Crab posted:

If any of you bastards spoil Knack 2 for me there is going to be hell to pay.

a monster comes and kills you if you wait too long in one place for knack 2 to be released

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Sakurazuka posted:

Closer to Deus Ex in space going by the demo

Oh theres a demo? Did not know. Ill judge for myself then!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Snak posted:

It's bioshock in space.

So... system shock

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Snak posted:

Anyway, someone asked a day or so ago about driving games on the ps4. Did people come up with any that have splitscreen? I would really like a splitscreen racer to play with my bestie. On 360 we played a lot of NFS Most Wanted/Carbon, and Forza 3.

I'm aware of Trackmania Turbo, but that's really the only one. I found a few motorcycle racing games, but I think we're more interested in cars.

I played a much older Trachmania on pc a long time ago, and it didn't have collision between racers. Which has pros and cons. Is that still how it is in Turbo? We'll play pretty much any style between arcade and simulation.

Trackmania Turbo has cheat codes that enable collisions as well as a load of game modes including Not Mario Kart. One has both of you driving the same car, averaging what you're doing, and having that be the action. It's pretty fun!

e: I think TT is the only game in recent history to have cheats

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Quantum of Phallus posted:

So... system shock

I am referencing this:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Snak posted:

I am referencing this:

Hahahahaha

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Gonna rent Prey at red box and gonna beat it over the weekend since it's a friday release

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I said this recently but I'm genuinely sick of games where you wander around and only interact with NPCs behind sealed doors / windows. These people then die horribly. I guarantee you that's gonna be 90% of the NPC interactions in PREY

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

BF4 premium edition is on sale for 12.99€ and I played close to a thousand hours on PC, a few hundred on Xbox360 and why am I even considering getting it on PS4 when TF2 is so good?

I mean, I already have long games to beat like Yakuza 0, TW3 or Dragon Age Inquisition and only two MP games like TF2 and Destiny. Being a Steamaholic is a hell of an addiction if you get good deals on PSN too.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

RBA Starblade posted:

Trackmania Turbo has cheat codes that enable collisions as well as a load of game modes including Not Mario Kart. One has both of you driving the same car, averaging what you're doing, and having that be the action. It's pretty fun!

e: I think TT is the only game in recent history to have cheats

It has these cheats on ps4?

That's really tempting. Does it have semi-regular courses, or are they all crazy loops and poo poo? There's nothing totally wrong with crazy loops and poo poo, but that's what Trackmania's known for, so I am not sure if there is much "normal" racing in it...

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Snak posted:

It has these cheats on ps4?

That's really tempting. Does it have semi-regular courses, or are they all crazy loops and poo poo? There's nothing totally wrong with crazy loops and poo poo, but that's what Trackmania's known for, so I am not sure if there is much "normal" racing in it...

Yep! There are some more down to earth tracks but its mostly loops and stuff. Though there's a track editor so it can be whatever you want.

e: To clarify the collision enabled thing is a particular game mode the cheat unlocks

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Apr 27, 2017

MPLS to NOLA
Aug 14, 2010

i gotta little trigger
twitchin in my brain
and when that doesn't start
there's murder in my heart

Pablo Gigante posted:

Uh it's just cool to talk about games and how they work

Ya definitely but outright saying how to cheese a superboss/solve a puzzle boss is lame, especially in this case where it seems like something that would happen naturally. I was prob. going to give that fight a shot this weekend and that's exactly where I'm at in the game.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I tried that Deathstate game that was given away last night, and it's neat. It's a sort of roguelike shooter- most of the time there's a huge horde of trash charging you, seeded with a few elite enemies that shoot patterns of bullets. You don't have control over aiming and firing- the character automatically shoots at the nearest enemy within range, so you're mostly positioning, dodging, and using spells/items; this makes me think this was originally designed as a phone game (not that there's anything wrong with that). The items and monsters all have fun little cosmic horror fluff descriptions and the stat upgrades are described as organs you ripped out of enemies and ate, so there's that.

The only real sore point so far is performance- it gets stuttery when there are too many bullet-shooting enemies nearby, which is unfortunate. I also wish there was a nav point or something to give you a hint as to where the exit is when time runs out and you have to rush back there, especially if you've already seen it and chose to keep exploring.

Props for the giant neon rotating skull on the splash screen, too.

haveblue fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Apr 27, 2017

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Looks like the new Gundam Vs is getting a western release.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fr-W5LDUg18

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

Fix posted:

Looks like the new Gundam Vs is getting a western release.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fr-W5LDUg18

THIS BONER OF MINE IS BURNING RED

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I thought the reaction to the P5 thing wasn't so much that it revealed that there was a reaper enemy in the game (which seems to be how most people are taking it) but more that the post seemed to casually reveal a hidden way of beating it, which does seem like a spoiler. I don't know because I haven't gotten to that point but that's how I took it.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Is it a spoiler for someone to say "you can kill the super bosses in FFX with Yojimbos zamato attack"? Because that doesn't feel spoilerish to me.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Has anyone tried that "FPS Dominator" thing that you hookup to a standard controller to add paddles?

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Mordiceius posted:

Is it a spoiler for someone to say "you can kill the super bosses in FFX with Yojimbos zamato attack"? Because that doesn't feel spoilerish to me.

It felt more akin to saying "you can beat The End by setting your system clock forward a week" the month MGS3 came out which I feel would be a spoiler.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

glam rock hamhock posted:

It felt more akin to saying "you can beat The End by setting your system clock forward a week" the month MGS3 came out which I feel would be a spoiler.

I guess it just comes down to gameplay spoilers vs story spoilers. For jRPGs, I don't give a care about gameplay spoilers but am serious about story spoilers.

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax

glam rock hamhock posted:

I disagree completely here simply because of how rare an occurence the whole scenario is, think about how small the percentage of players who will experience this naturally is. It's the sort of thing I read about in a magazine or some poo poo and went back and tried it myself just to see how it worked out, without outside information I never would have experienced that moment on its own.

I'll admit discovering it on your own would be hilarious but then you would be missing out one of the greatest boss fights in all videogames.

uncle w benefits
Nov 1, 2010

hi, it's me, your uncle
The last of us made angry Joe cry

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Macarius Wrench posted:

I disagree completely here simply because of how rare an occurence the whole scenario is, think about how small the percentage of players who will experience this naturally is. It's the sort of thing I read about in a magazine or some poo poo and went back and tried it myself just to see how it worked out, without outside information I never would have experienced that moment on its own.

I'll admit discovering it on your own would be hilarious but then you would be missing out one of the greatest boss fights in all videogames.

I shot his 02 tank (I think that's what you shoot) the first time I saw him.

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax
The first time at the pier when he's sleeping just before you see that electric dude for the first time?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Macarius Wrench posted:

The first time at the pier when he's sleeping just before you see that electric dude for the first time?

Yeah I think that's it. It's the one where you instantly kill him but a wheel flies off from the explosion and smacks you in the head.