Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Generic Octopus
Mar 27, 2010

Edmond Dantes posted:

I got to 80 (ranger) and hopped into HoT for a bit to unlock masteries, but I feel like I'm a bit undergeared so I was thinking of going back to some of the lower level areas to get some materials and level up crafting, and holy poo poo the tier 3 stuff (cotton/coarse) is nowhere to be found. I'm checking 35-50 areas, been at it for two hours and got all of 3 pieces of cotton and 2 leather scraps.

Is crafting my best bet to gear up a bit, or should I be hitting my face against silverwastes/verdant and see if some better gear drops?

You should not be praying for gear drops; probably the easiest way for you to get a set of Exotic (orange, second best in game but only marginally worse than the best) is to do Dungeons for Dungeon Tokens (you can look at this gear at the vendor near the Fractal portal in Lion's Arch).

e: If you have lots of the Karma currency, then there are vendors in Orr you can buy Exotics from. Crafting is basically for Ascended/Legendary gear.

Generic Octopus fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Apr 26, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Anyone have gifs or video of the armor in motion? You guys are judging a movie based on its poster lol

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Is sPVP fun? I haven't played in a while but when I played sPVP back in the beta, it was really fun except necros were unkillable. What rewards does sPVP get? People say you get a bunch of tranny shards somehow?

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Since the patch patch it's actually hugely cheaper to buy the named exo set for the stats you want than it is to either craft or buy the craftable sets. Set the TP to search for armour with power, precision and ferocity and see the price difference for the level 80 exos.

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection
A couple nights with a ppt train for badges in wvw will get you fully exo'd as well. Saves a decent amount of gold.

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

AnacondaHL posted:

Anyone have gifs or video of the armor in motion? You guys are judging a movie based on its poster lol

shrach
Jan 10, 2004

daylight ssssaving time
Is there some Kotaki concept art that matches up with the armours?

Adhesive Gamin
Sep 29, 2010

Meatoberfest is in full swing.

shrach posted:

Is there some Kotaki concept art that matches up with the armours?

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
I checked the trading post, but poo poo's expensive and I haven't really made money, if that makes sense? I have 9 gold that I got from a fellow goon when I joined SFD, but other than that, I haven't seen it go up.

I'll try and do some dungeons and see how it goes, thanks.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

please do not doxx lonk in this thread, thank you very much

shrach
Jan 10, 2004

daylight ssssaving time

I like this one. Not sure about the heels though. Seems a bit impractical for a set of combat armour.

dad on the rag
Apr 25, 2010

Edmond Dantes posted:

I checked the trading post, but poo poo's expensive and I haven't really made money, if that makes sense? I have 9 gold that I got from a fellow goon when I joined SFD, but other than that, I haven't seen it go up.

Just buy rares and that should carry you through the story. If you just started HoT content try to join a map that is doing the metas which should take you to most locations of a map. Check gw2timer.com and join a map 15-10 minutes before the metas.

DISASTER DOVE
Dec 13, 2015

D̷O̶N̴'̴T̷ ̸T̷O̷U̵C̷H̶ ̶M̷E̸

AnacondaHL posted:

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Obviously fake since the light armor has pants.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

I could care less what it looks like, they actually found a way to solve the rune problem

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

Edmond Dantes posted:

Sell crafting materials. You also get gold for completing 3 dailies.

thanks alot assbag
Feb 18, 2005

BLUUUUHHHHHH

Kessel posted:

I could care less what it looks like, they actually found a way to solve the rune problem

Yeah I'd make them just for the fact that they're stat adjustable/re-runeable alone. They should also be transmuted for free.

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

jokes posted:

People say you get a bunch of tranny shards somehow?
Go away.

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Edmond Dantes posted:

What class, preferred weapons and stat set do you play? Also in-game name etc

Ebola Dog
Apr 3, 2011

Dinosaurs are directly related to turtles!

Edmond Dantes posted:

Are you doing the daily achievements? It's normally pretty quick to do them and you get 2 gold per day.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
I came across as super whiny in my previous posts, wasn't my intention; I was just floundering after hitting 80 and wasn't sure what my best course of action was. I was thinking about maybe trying a few other classes for a bit but I wanted to unlock at least gliding before I started fiddling with alts.

Ebola Dog posted:

Are you doing the daily achievements? It's normally pretty quick to do them and you get 2 gold per day.
I wasn't, actually. I didn't realise you got the gold for completing all and thought it was just stuff like the lumber chest or a bit of xp; I'll start doing them from now on, it's also a good excuse to explore parts of the map I haven't been to yet.

Illuyankas posted:

What class, preferred weapons and stat set do you play? Also in-game name etc
I'm playing a Ranger for now; not sure if I'll keep her or switch to something else. I'm using a longbow and usually a greatsword, but currently it's axe/horn since I haven't found a good greatsword for a while. I was angling to get druid up eventually.

I checked for exos in the trading post and my longbow is actually on par with what's there, so I just need to start getting some better armour pieces it seems.

Thanks for the tips guys.

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

I don't think you sound whiny, just confused. It sounds like you're thinking the game works something like Diablo where you're looking for nice drops and get gold from adventuring, when actually it's more about salvaging almost everything that drops and selling the mats for gold to buy the stuff you actually want.

Something else that will probably give you a big boost if you haven't done it already is getting a matching set of superior runes into your armour. It doesn't have to be expensive, just find something cheap that does +power or something. Also look at ways of getting ascended amulets, rings and accessories since that's easier than other ascended gear.

Nektu
Jul 4, 2007

FUKKEN FUUUUUUCK
Cybernetic Crumb

Edmond Dantes posted:

I came across as super whiny in my previous posts, wasn't my intention; I was just floundering after hitting 80 and wasn't sure what my best course of action was. I was thinking about maybe trying a few other classes for a bit but I wanted to unlock at least gliding before I started fiddling with alts.
Start collecting ascended rings/amulets/accessories. You mostly dont pay for them in gold but with laurels or the wvw/fractal currencies (always take the big laurel check as login reward each 30 days).

You can also get them by completing certain achievements.

dad on the rag
Apr 25, 2010

Edmond Dantes posted:

I came across as super whiny in my previous posts, wasn't my intention; I was just floundering after hitting 80 and wasn't sure what my best course of action was.

I don't remember if they locked the new living world s3 maps behind having completed HoT story but they are a really good place to pick up ascended accessories​, rings, a amulet, and back.

BTW if you write a extended erp story involving Lonk, Dreggon, and Arus I'll buy you a exotic berserker armor set. It must involve stacks of butter and dual wielding shields.

dad on the rag fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Apr 27, 2017

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

Lonk idly ran his fingers along the shimmering outline of Arus's Aegis and whispered in his ear, "You know, all my Virtues are off of cooldown."

For a moment, the only sound that could be heard was oleaginous drip of melted butter.

"Do all your slots have spirit weapons in them?"

Hello Sailor fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Apr 27, 2017

Geekslinger
Jan 30, 2005

Expansion leaks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVDyZE7HPcM

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Hello Sailor posted:

Lonk idly ran his fingers along the shimmering outline of Arus's Aegis and whispered in his ear, "You know, all my Virtues are off of cooldown."

For a moment, the only sound that could be heard was oleaginous drip of melted butter.

"Do all your slots have spirit weapons in them?"

....go on....*slowly removes pantaloons*

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Organza Quiz posted:

It sounds like you're thinking the game works something like Diablo where you're looking for nice drops and get gold from adventuring, when actually it's more about salvaging almost everything that drops and selling the mats for gold to buy the stuff you actually want.
Got it in one. I haven't been selling mats yet because I wanted to get crafting up, but it's gotten to the point where my leathersmith is at ~200 and I just can't get to tier 4 because I can't find cotton. :argh:

dad on the rag posted:

I don't remember if they locked the new living world s3 maps behind having completed HoT story but they are a really good place to pick up ascended accessories​, rings, a amulet, and back.

BTW if you write a extended erp story involving Lonk, Dreggon, and Arus I'll buy you a exotic berserker armor set. It must involve stacks of butter and dual wielding shields.
I'll take a look, thanks. I have to pass on the fanfic though, my writing skills are sub-par at best and even worse in English :v:.

Thanks all for chiming in!

Jinh
Sep 12, 2008

Fun Shoe

It makes me wish I was around during the Star Trek Online phase when I read the YouTube comments on that video

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

Edmond Dantes posted:

Got it in one. I haven't been selling mats yet because I wanted to get crafting up, but it's gotten to the point where my leathersmith is at ~200 and I just can't get to tier 4 because I can't find cotton. :argh:
Don't even bother with crafting until you want to make ascended weapons/armor, and when you do you can use something like http://gw2crafts.net to powerlevel it.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

this is, all at once, the best, stupidest, and funniest thing

Jinh
Sep 12, 2008

Fun Shoe
I can't imagine collecting all my own crafting stuff. A day or 2 of t1 fractals should get you all the cotton you'd want worth of gold.

Do people usually hold onto crafting mats or sell them? I have ~600g of crafting stuff in my bank according to one of those websites that you put an API key into.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Still makes me cry after all these years.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I do, but I also tend to horde everything when playing rpgs. I do have a ridiculous amount of t5 materials since I salvage everything and generally only play my warrior. I'll probably dump a ton tonight since I have a full material bank expanded to 500 and 4-5 full stacks of each in my inventory.

When I used the guide Arus linked me to a page or two ago I was surprised to see the inscriptions selling for less than the component trophies.

Ebola Dog
Apr 3, 2011

Dinosaurs are directly related to turtles!

Edmond Dantes posted:

I wasn't, actually. I didn't realise you got the gold for completing all and thought it was just stuff like the lumber chest or a bit of xp; I'll start doing them from now on, it's also a good excuse to explore parts of the map I haven't been to yet.

You don't even have to do all of them, you only need to complete three to get the 2g.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

TIVAC

zokie
Feb 13, 2006

Out of many, Sweden
Lmao, light legendary armor is just human t3 light armor with crystals added. Panties amd a skirt with big holes in it!

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!

zokie posted:

Lmao, light legendary armor is just human t3 light armor with crystals added. Panties amd a skirt with big holes in it!

Thats huge, now everyone can wear human t3. Expect more norn light armor classes bc bigger boobz

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

zokie posted:

It's the best armor tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

*wears skirt and underboob armour*
*is a white human female*
*sits in DR 1% area all day while watching anime*

e: sorry nilgoow didn't mean to doxx u

• Locked thread