Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
It's a fizzy drink made out of

&

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
It's actually really good

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

You're drinking weeds

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Started watching the first episode of The Grand Tour and I'm realizing I absolutely hate all of the audience based in-studio segments.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Better than corn syrup and corn syrup and corn syrup

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Wirth1000 posted:

Started watching the first episode of The Grand Tour and I'm realizing I absolutely hate all of the audience based in-studio segments.

"Here's our guest, and they've died" is potentially funny the first time you see it, and because they had a different audience each time who'd never seen it before, they got the false impression that it was really funny and not tedious. Repeat for every tepid running gag

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

wicka posted:

It's England so it's probably something oppressively average.

It's fricking great, but then again I like sarsaparilla

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

The one thing I'll say is that it's practically a war crime what passes for a bratwurst in America.

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.
I've just been asked to make a comic page about Camille Jenatzy for a local festival here in Brussels.

This engineer/entrepreneur/fils à papa/lunatic broke the 100 k speed record for the first time in his electric "la jamais contente".

Anyway, I thought an image of a massive electric suppository on wheels was fitting for this thread:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

1500quidporsche posted:

The one thing I'll say is that it's practically a war crime what passes for a bratwurst in America.

Clearly you haven't been to Milwaukee.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

1500quidporsche posted:

Get a load of this horseshit;

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wienerschnitzel

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

The fact that this is allowed to exist actually really loving pisses me off.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
North America is kinda bad at sausages and savoury pies. I tried to make a toad in the hole in Canada, but the sausages were awful and ruined the whole thing

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Sorry for your broken tastebuds if you don't like dandelion and burdock.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Get a load of the English getting all high and mighty about food.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Mike Skinner? This is the guy they dug up in the States to be their new Stig? Really? He's older and fatter than Clarkson.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
It's not hard to get good food, I just don't get that "well gently caress it, it cost a dollar" mentality. Like you don't have to eat lovely deep fried garbage in the States any more than you have to eat bland, textureless poo poo in England. It's a conscious decision to do either. :shrug:

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Wasn't lovely deep fried garbage food an imported idea from the British isles?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Human Grand Prix posted:

Wasn't lovely deep fried garbage food an imported idea from the British isles?

England only takes credit for scotland's successes, not their failures.

scotch egg? pip pip cheerio
deep fried mars bar? bollocks

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Probably.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
British food being exceptionally bad is a bizarre American stereotype like the stupid teeth thing. Even the French will accept that we make good home cooking and deserts

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Theophany posted:

It's not hard to get good food, I just don't get that "well gently caress it, it cost a dollar" mentality. Like you don't have to eat lovely deep fried garbage in the States any more than you have to eat bland, textureless poo poo in England. It's a conscious decision to do either. :shrug:

I get what you're saying but on the other hand I literally don't get a hard on over constantly eating good food and just eat cheap as gently caress. I usually try to eat a few good meals every week but my lunch most days usually is whatever bread I can find cheapest and deli meat that is on sale that week.

I get what you're saying though, I know some people who will be getting fast food almost every day of the week and I really don't understand that.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Tsaedje posted:

British food being exceptionally bad is a bizarre American stereotype like the stupid teeth thing. Even the French will accept that we make good home cooking and deserts

The pub I go to has a proper Toad in d' Hole 'n' Bangers'n'Mash straight from the Essex it is!

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Basticle posted:

Get a load of the English getting all high and mighty about food.

We'll defend the few edible things we've created or do well to the bitter end.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

The Brits have worked really loving hard to perfect the Sunday roast and as a consequence every other meal they have has suffered.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

learnincurve posted:

You may be on to something as this is certainly true in our house, we have some form of roasted animal at least 3 times a week because that's the only thing I know how to cook really well.

E: try pork fillet Theophany, it's coming back in vogue so easy to find, dirt cheap, and delicious.

I will, I've been going through pork chops like mad recently - quick sear and 90 mins in the oven at like 100 degrees and they're tender as you like. My local butcher is selling tenderloins at something like £10 a kilo so very reasonable too!

Theophany fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Apr 27, 2017

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
You may be on to something as this is certainly true in our house, we have some form of roasted animal at least 3 times a week because that's the only thing I know how to cook really well.

E: try pork fillet Theophany, it's coming back in vogue so easy to find, dirt cheap, and delicious.

learnincurve fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Apr 27, 2017

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

The UK also has curry and kebabs on every corner, so if you're drunk and hungry you're not suck with mcdonalds.

And if there's one thing brits know how to do, it's being drunk and hungry.

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

With this magnificent aircraft,
and my magnificent facial hair,
the British Empire will never fall!

Description and visual presentation of British food always makes it sound completely loving disgusting but it is in fact really good.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Naw EU food is proper poo poo compared to the rest of the world.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Powershift posted:

The UK also has curry and kebabs on every corner, so if you're drunk and hungry you're not suck with mcdonalds.

And if there's one thing brits know how to do, it's being drunk and hungry.

My girlfriend is Iranian, so when I come home I get the familiar Italian poo poo of an angry girl yelling at me unintelligibly for being drunk and hungry but the added benefit of a kebab too.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Norns posted:

Naw EU food is proper poo poo compared to the rest of the world.

You clearly don't know about a little country called Austria.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

1500quidporsche posted:

You clearly don't know about a little country called Austria.

I've only been to Austria long enough to eat a plate of Gröstl. I remember it being alright.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Euro food history bit

British food has always had very little distance to travel between farm and plate, so it stands up on its own without the need for sauces or being covered in herbs. France has always had a problem with so much if it's farmland, especially the champagne region near Paris, being used for grapes. This meant that in the olden days, when food had to be transported long distances by cart it was well past its prime, and in the summer often rotten by the time it reached Paris. (This was a contributing factor to the revolution). They invented things like sauces and roux to cover up the bad. Britain didn't need to do that.

In modern times processed food tastes exactly the same everywhere, the only real difference is how fresh it is.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Nice excuse for everything tasting bland and the same

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Curry is India's gift to the food world, directly from the gods.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

I take that back. I had some loving wicked Vindaloo in Birmingham. Everything else about that trip was poo poo.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

learnincurve posted:

Euro food history bit

British food has always had very little distance to travel between farm and plate, so it stands up on its own without the need for sauces or being covered in herbs. France has always had a problem with so much if it's farmland, especially the champagne region near Paris, being used for grapes. This meant that in the olden days, when food had to be transported long distances by cart it was well past its prime, and in the summer often rotten by the time it reached Paris. (This was a contributing factor to the revolution). They invented things like sauces and roux to cover up the bad. Britain didn't need to do that.

In modern times processed food tastes exactly the same everywhere, the only real difference is how fresh it is.

French food is garbage. I've never understood why people hold it in such high regard. Yeah, let's just eat the loving poo poo you find near your pond and pretend it's sophisticated.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
I guess they do pressers in a rotation basis or that Kimi one was from a different day?

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/russian-gp-thursday-s-press-conference-898780/

Kvyat front and centre in this one next to yet another Finn and and a Swisser

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I have the good fortune of living like two blocks from one of the few good curry places in the city and I don't use it nearly as much as I should.

Theophany posted:

French food is garbage. I've never understood why people hold it in such high regard. Yeah, let's just eat the loving poo poo you find near your pond and pretend it's sophisticated.

This. It's substandard crap held up as this overly pretentious poo poo.

• Locked thread