Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yug
Aug 6, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

RaySmuckles posted:

i guess i don't see what you're getting at yug.

spell it out for me.

Yug posted:

pretend fantasy raid that was fabricated to boosts obamas approval ratings before an election.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer

more details, please

like, where is osama now?

who contacted pakistan, what did they tell them, how did they sell them?

where are those weird new helicopter picks from?

just more details.

give me like 10 sentences at least on what you think this all is

Yug
Aug 6, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

RaySmuckles posted:

more details, please

like, where is osama now?

who contacted pakistan, what did they tell them, how did they sell them?

where are those weird new helicopter picks from?

just more details.

give me like 10 sentences at least on what you think this all is

Osama probably died of natural causes but I really have no idea.

The helicopter pics could be from anywhere, I really have no idea but there's no proof whatsoever they're from some super duper secret pakistani compound.

Again, I don't believe the story because zero evidence has been provided for it existing. That's literally all I'm saying. I don't believe things without evidence and so far the government has failed to provide any.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
The one place all the guys with the Trump avatars won't talk about Hillary Clinton is in the Hillary Clinton thread.

Yug
Aug 6, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Like I would think after the Iraq war and yellow cake uranium fiasco we would all try to be a little more suspicious about what the government tells us.

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Yug posted:

Osama probably died of natural causes but I really have no idea.

The helicopter pics could be from anywhere, I really have no idea but there's no proof whatsoever they're from some super duper secret pakistani compound.

Again, I don't believe the story because zero evidence has been provided for it existing. That's literally all I'm saying. I don't believe things without evidence and so far the government has failed to provide any.

so just to be clear, you have nothing to refute the official story other than "nah"

like two navy seals wrote books about the raid. did they collaborate despite hating each other, knowing that only one would be able to rake in profits from the action?

both book long stories are virtually identical, though do vary in some of the specifics of action inside the house, among other things, but no more than the way two eyewitness stories typically diverge

the intercept put out a long article recently about how our special forces are basically ruthless kill squads the go around committing atrocities including desecrating dead bodies (via "canoeing") and within that article it spends a lot of time talking about the raid. wouldn't the intercept, of all outlets, be the first to raise red flags if they noticed anything suspicious about the story?

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

new phone who dis posted:

The one place all the guys with the Trump avatars won't talk about Hillary Clinton is in the Hillary Clinton thread.

Yug
Aug 6, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

RaySmuckles posted:

so just to be clear, you have nothing to refute the official story other than "nah"

like two navy seals wrote books about the raid. did they collaborate despite hating each other, knowing that only one would be able to rake in profits from the action?

both book long stories are virtually identical, though do vary in some of the specifics of action inside the house, among other things, but no more than the way two eyewitness stories typically diverge

the intercept put out a long article recently about how our special forces are basically ruthless kill squads the go around committing atrocities including desecrating dead bodies (via "canoeing") and within that article it spends a lot of time talking about the raid. wouldn't the intercept, of all outlets, be the first to raise red flags if they noticed anything suspicious about the story?

There is no actual hard evidence for the raid ever having happened and until it is provided I will view it with a great deal of skepticism. Like how many times do you have to fall for this poo poo before you learn your lesson?

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

RaySmuckles posted:

Look, if some person or institution displays a pattern of telling lies, that means you can't trust anything they say and shouldn't respect a single one of their claims.

*votes for donald*

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

If she could've been as natural as in that painting, she might've had a chance.

Yug
Aug 6, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

skasion posted:

Look, if some person or institution displays a pattern of telling lies, that means you can't trust anything they say and shouldn't respect a single one of their claims.

*votes for donald*

I mean, yes. That's exactly right. I would believe it if there was literally any evidence of it existing but I don't see how anyone post Iraq war debacle can take anything the government says at face value anymore.

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Yug posted:

There is no actual hard evidence for the raid ever having happened and until it is provided I will view it with a great deal of skepticism. Like how many times do you have to fall for this poo poo before you learn your lesson?

i'm not falling for poo poo, i was just wondering if you had any evidence to disprove the narrative that numerous other skeptics with far more truth seeking resources seem to buy

i agree that there is an immense necessity to question government narratives on everything from the strategic, like iraq, to the operational, like pat tillman.

but the osama raid seems to be pretty well accepted by people who are better at figuring this stuff out than you or i. there have been interviews of people in the surrounding area who heard/witnessed the raid and who said they knew osama lived there, so that seems pretty concrete.

like, i'm with you that they government lies all the time, but i see their lies as being about things where the specificity is considerably less important. like, if you're going to claim you captured saddam or killed bin laden, you better be drat sure you did, even if you can't "prove it" because being caught on that lie would be like watergate levels of controversy.

getting caught on stuff that's less specific like "reasons to start a war" or "what actually happened to that random guy" seems orders of magnitude lower than "claiming to have killed the guy that did 9/11 and sent this country on a horrific spiral of violence and self destruction with no end in sight"

but hey, that's just me. i was just hoping to see what your alternative narrative or proof against it was, but you don't have anything other than "nah, the government lies"

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

yo my dude she's a reptilian

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

VikingSkull posted:

Yug
Aug 6, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

RaySmuckles posted:

i'm not falling for poo poo, i was just wondering if you had any evidence to disprove the narrative that numerous other skeptics with far more truth seeking resources seem to buy

i agree that there is an immense necessity to question government narratives on everything from the strategic, like iraq, to the operational, like pat tillman.

but the osama raid seems to be pretty well accepted by people who are better at figuring this stuff out than you or i. there have been interviews of people in the surrounding area who heard/witnessed the raid and who said they knew osama lived there, so that seems pretty concrete.

like, i'm with you that they government lies all the time, but i see their lies as being about things where the specificity is considerably less important. like, if you're going to claim you captured saddam or killed bin laden, you better be drat sure you did, even if you can't "prove it" because being caught on that lie would be like watergate levels of controversy.

getting caught on stuff that's less specific like "reasons to start a war" or "what actually happened to that random guy" seems orders of magnitude lower than "claiming to have killed the guy that did 9/11 and sent this country on a horrific spiral of violence and self destruction with no end in sight"

but hey, that's just me. i was just hoping to see what your alternative narrative or proof against it was, but you don't have anything other than "nah, the government lies"
Burden of proof is not on me to disprove the government's made up fantasy. Like I don't have any proof that the governments aren't holding aliens in area 51 either.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

VikingSkull posted:

Reptard.

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Yug posted:

Burden of proof is not on me to disprove the government's made up fantasy.

I don't think it works like that

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

Yug posted:

Burden of proof is not on me to disprove the government's made up fantasy. Like I don't have any proof that the governments aren't holding aliens in area 51 either.

I don't have any proof you don't lick windows please convince me otherwise

Yug
Aug 6, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Space Camp fuckup posted:

I don't think it works like that

I think that's exactly how it works. Like all I'm asking for is proof that this thing ever happened the way the government said and so far no one has been able to do it. The best they can do is ask ME to provide proof that it didn't happen. That's ridiculous.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

this is like performance art right?

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
The idea that the Bin Laden raid was somehow faked is stupid as gently caress. Like, profoundly stupid even for a subforum that is specifically known for stupidity. Do you know how many right-wing jingoistic assholes who are in the military that would love to blow the lid off that poo poo? When you delve into conspiracy theories the first question you should ask yourself is how many people would know about it and how many would have to say nothing and go along with it against their own interests.

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

I mean there's been a fair amount of proof presented that you hand wave away as government lies. I don't even necessarily disagree with you but don't act like you've got the epistemological upper hand.

Yug
Aug 6, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
So far there's as much evidence for the government raiding an alien compound on mars as there is the bin laden raid.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
i'm with Yug on this one. Osama was dead before 9/11 even happened. all we ever saw was recordings of him taped prior to his death

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Look, we all know that you're just going to move the goalposts anyway. Why even go through the song and dance?

Yug
Aug 6, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

The idea that the Bin Laden raid was somehow faked is stupid as gently caress. Like, profoundly stupid even for a subforum that is specifically known for stupidity. Do you know how many right-wing jingoistic assholes who are in the military that would love to blow the lid off that poo poo? When you delve into conspiracy theories the first question you should ask yourself is how many people would know about it and how many would have to say nothing and go along with it against their own interests.
How convenient then that most of those seals involved in the raid were reported as dead shortly after. Really gets that noggin thumpin.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
Even the dudes who were on the raid were fighting over who actually plugged him so they could market it in stupid books. Do those people strike you as the type to willingly go along with hilariously bad lies created by a government their politics probably don't align with? How could you not have had this thought in your mental calculus?

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Yug posted:

I think that's exactly how it works. Like all I'm asking for is proof that this thing ever happened the way the government said and so far no one has been able to do it. The best they can do is ask ME to provide proof that it didn't happen. That's ridiculous.

i think everyone agrees if its ONLY the government that's saying a thing

but third parties have investigated it too and there have been no major challenges to the narrative from them, despite in being in their interest to disprove it

like, with the iraq war, only the government had details on informant and satellite images so they couldn't be questioned. but with pat tillman it was specifically because the incident was so accessible to investigation that it blew the government's cover up.

with the bin laden raid they've gone and interviewed people who live in the area who confirmed that there was definitely a raid and, i'm less sure about this, that it was widely believed that osama lived there (maybe that was from ISI leaks or sources or something, its been a long time since i looked into it).

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
If osama wasn't dead wouldn't several explicitly anti-western terrorist groups given a "nuh-uh" statement by now? Unless they never existed in the first place and isis is a branch of cia?! Lol

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
I'm with Yug

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
that raid was to capture the hiding saddam hussein. it was his body double that was executed in iraq

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

VikingSkull posted:

I don't have any proof you don't lick windows please convince me otherwise

JB50 fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Apr 27, 2017

Yug
Aug 6, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Colonel Cancer posted:

If osama wasn't dead wouldn't several explicitly anti-western terrorist groups given a "nuh-uh" statement by now? Unless they never existed in the first place and isis is a branch of cia?! Lol

He probably died a long time ago and they're alright playing along and pretending their leader died a martyr instead of from rear end cancer.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Yug posted:

How convenient then that most of those seals involved in the raid were reported as dead shortly after. Really gets that noggin thumpin.

Careful. You blow that whistle too loud they might come after you next.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
I think Osama died earlier than we've been lead to believe

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Yug posted:

He probably died a long time ago and they're alright playing along and pretending their leader died a martyr instead of from rear end cancer.

yes, the increasingly unpopular bush and (at the time) wavering republican party definitely didn't want to score any political points over the death of osama bin laden, the man who defined Bush's presidency.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
"he was dead before 9/11"

*ignores videos released that mention contemporary events after 9/11*

"IT WAS A CGI BIN LADEN"

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

Grimey Drawer

VikingSkull posted:

"IT WAS A CGI BIN LADEN"

i think the "before 9/11" one was a joke

but plenty of people believe he's been dead for a while, despite not holding themselves the same standards of evidence as they hold the government

Yug
Aug 6, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

VikingSkull posted:

"IT WAS A CGI BIN LADEN"

I didn't say before 9/11, it was probably late 2000's when he died. Too late to make a difference for bush or republicans in any case.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

Yug posted:

I didn't say before 9/11, it was probably late 2000's when he died. Too late to make a difference for bush or republicans in any case.

lol you believe the official government line that he's dead

he's not dead, prove he is you can't

• Locked thread