Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Uncle w Benefits posted:

The last of us made angry Joe cry

Hell, same. The fuckers put that thing out on Fathers day weekend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Macarius Wrench posted:

I disagree completely here simply because of how rare an occurence the whole scenario is, think about how small the percentage of players who will experience this naturally is. It's the sort of thing I read about in a magazine or some poo poo and went back and tried it myself just to see how it worked out, without outside information I never would have experienced that moment on its own.

I'll admit discovering it on your own would be hilarious but then you would be missing out one of the greatest boss fights in all videogames.

Even though you admit that it would be a great thing to discover, you think that everyone should be told about easter eggs because otherwise they would never encounter them? In a world where anyone who wants to look up that sort of thing easily can? You're equating your experience with reading about easter eggs in magazines so that you know they are there with the optimal experience, even though there are people who intentionally don't read those magazines.

The outside information that you feel that it's important to share is already literally everywhere, to the point where it's difficult to avoid. So why is it so important to you that people who have said they don't want to know, be told?

I'm not mad. I'm not flipping out. I'm just trying to wrap my head around the thought process of

:downs: I want to discover easter eggs on my own
:v: well I'll just tell you about this one, because statistically, you won't discover it
:downs: but that's specifically what I didn't want you to do...
:v: I didn't consider it a spoiler because I would have wanted to know about it...

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Maybe just let it go?

uncle w benefits
Nov 1, 2010

hi, it's me, your uncle

Fix posted:

Hell, same. The fuckers put that thing out on Fathers day weekend.

I suppose I'll pick it up if it's less than $60 now.

superh
Oct 10, 2007

Touching every treasure

haveblue posted:

I tried that Deathstate game that was given away last night, and it's neat. It's a sort of roguelike shooter- most of the time there's a huge horde of trash charging you, seeded with a few elite enemies that shoot patterns of bullets. You don't have control over aiming and firing- the character automatically shoots at the nearest enemy within range, so you're mostly positioning, dodging, and using spells/items; this makes me think this was originally designed as a phone game (not that there's anything wrong with that). The items and monsters all have fun little cosmic horror fluff descriptions and the stat upgrades are described as organs you ripped out of enemies and ate, so there's that.

The only real sore point so far is performance- it gets stuttery when there are too many bullet-shooting enemies nearby, which is unfortunate. I also wish there was a nav point or something to give you a hint as to where the exit is when time runs out and you have to rush back there, especially if you've already seen it and chose to keep exploring.

Props for the giant neon rotating skull on the splash screen, too.

Glad you're digging it!

We're in development on a patch right now that will try to address some of the performance problems, among other issues. Hopefully it'll be finished soon!

We're also working to nail down release outside of the US, including Canada. I'll follow up when we know more on that front.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

People are getting wound up about the minor game mechanic thing is one thing, but are we just gonna gloss over the fact that people are saying a pretty low-tier by SMT standards 'super' boss is now "virtually unkillable and exists to stop you from making progress" and the only way to deal with it is an exploit.

It's not like the game is siccing a roadblock Demi-Fiend on you, c'mon now.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Can someone spoilertag which boss they are talking about?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

the reaper that chases you if you sit still too long in mementos

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

It's not even a boss lol

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

The Reaper

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Jack-Off Lantern posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dy4HA3vUv2c

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

superh posted:

Glad you're digging it!

We're in development on a patch right now that will try to address some of the performance problems, among other issues. Hopefully it'll be finished soon!

We're also working to nail down release outside of the US, including Canada. I'll follow up when we know more on that front.

I'll probably end up buying your game because I'm a sucker for the genre and I'm not mad I wasn't checking the thread when you were giving away codes. If Flinkhook hadn't just come out I probably will have bought it already.

texting my ex
Nov 15, 2008

I am no one
I cannot squat
It's in my blood
So what games are gonna show me the sweetest graphx on my new PS4 pro and 4k TV? I already got Horizon Zero Dawn. I also think No Mans Sky is absolutely loving gorgeous (and it is an actual game now)

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

texting my ex posted:

So what games are gonna show me the sweetest graphx on my new PS4 pro and 4k TV? I already got Horizon Zero Dawn. I also think No Mans Sky is absolutely loving gorgeous (and it is an actual game now)

Uncharted 4

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

texting my ex posted:

Infamous Second Son/First Light and Watch Dogs 2 have Pro patches. There's a subsection of the PSN store dedicated to games with enhanced 4K capabilities.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

texting my ex posted:

Rise of the Tomb Raider.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

exquisite tea posted:

Rise of the Tomb Raider.
Yeah this pretty much made my eyes bleed. In a good way.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Prey Movement/Controls are less than ideal. :\

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Is Prey made by the same people who made Dishonored 2? The controls of that on PS4 are INSANELY bad.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Is Prey made by the same people who made Dishonored 2? The controls of that on PS4 are INSANELY bad.

yea it's by arkane (the people behind dishonored) but idk if it's the same team or not

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

People are getting wound up about the minor game mechanic thing is one thing, but are we just gonna gloss over the fact that people are saying a pretty low-tier by SMT standards 'super' boss is now "virtually unkillable and exists to stop you from making progress" and the only way to deal with it is an exploit.

It's not like the game is siccing a roadblock Demi-Fiend on you, c'mon now.

I said it exists to compel you to keep progressing, though it's pretty irrelevant.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Yeah its bad. The acceleration curve is all off. Its slow slow slow 90s pc spinnnnnnn.

In fact it feels like a game on pc that supports a controller, but wasnt designed for it.

The people. Sure look like the dishonored team

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Yeah Prey's movement has this "Acceleration" to it that makes it hard to do things like stop moving your view over the small thing you need to press or pick up. Tiny stick movements slide you too far. This also means combat and shooting are blowful.

First hour is also mad boring. Demo basically cemented me renting this... one day, who knows when...

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Yeah. This might have to wait for a Witcher 3 alternative fixed controls patch. I'm not playing the whole game with this bullshit.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Motto posted:

I said it exists to compel you to keep progressing, though it's pretty irrelevant.

I actually looked back to make sure before I posted that, and you did say keep you from progressing.

But you edited it out so no proving it now I guess.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

That's not what I meant to say, so sorry about this whole episode.

Scorps
Feb 24, 2008

Oh, lighten up Mr. Dooms-and-Gloom, "embezzle" is metal.
The only spoilers I like are the kind that go on my race car in the remake of GT3 that I demand be made still.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
Ugghhhhhhh how come sony is so poo poo at USB device management? I've spent the past like 4 hours trying to back up my ps4 so i can replace the hdd, but ive run into nothing but errors. First, even though it could detect it (in devices, for instance), my ps4 said there wasn't a drive connected or something like that when i tried to back up to an external drive. After I then set it up for external storage to verify it worked that way, I tried it again after re-formatting and it went through everything up to the restart where it then immediately threw a 'cannot access the thing' error. I then tried a different drive, which got through ~60-70% of the data until it subsequently threw yet another error saying that it 'cannot back up'. Jesus loving christ is this annoying. Am I missing some black magic ritual that I must perform? Do I need to salughter a goat? Burn sage at the ps4's vents?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
"Might as well have put a big loving spoiler on the drat thing"

-Vanquish guy, Vanquish, 2010

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

Ugghhhhhhh how come sony is so poo poo at USB device management? I've spent the past like 4 hours trying to back up my ps4 so i can replace the hdd, but ive run into nothing but errors. First, even though it could detect it (in devices, for instance), my ps4 said there wasn't a drive connected or something like that when i tried to back up to an external drive. After I then set it up for external storage to verify it worked that way, I tried it again after re-formatting and it went through everything up to the restart where it then immediately threw a 'cannot access the thing' error. I then tried a different drive, which got through ~60-70% of the data until it subsequently threw yet another error saying that it 'cannot back up'. Jesus loving christ is this annoying. Am I missing some black magic ritual that I must perform? Do I need to salughter a goat? Burn sage at the ps4's vents?

The backup failing after it's most of the way through sounds like a faulty drive. Maybe try a new one. I've done backup + restore a bunch and had fine luck. Just need exFAT and plenty of space.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
Yeah. The first drive was almost brand new (~4 weeks of light use sitting on my desk), and the second (that seemed to work) I've had for about 2 years now (this one I've carried around a bunch and dropped and stuff lol). I rebuilt the registry/file system/db and deleted some more games I haven't played in a year or more, so hopefully itll work now. I can just re-download everything especially as I have gigabit internet, but I'd rather not wait since i never get my bandwidth maxed anyways. Though, now that I rhink about it, downloading is still faster than this backup/restore... Oh well, it's in the middle of it, i might as well finish.

Nichol
May 18, 2004

Sly Dog

RBA Starblade posted:

Trackmania Turbo has cheat codes that enable collisions as well as a load of game modes including Not Mario Kart. One has both of you driving the same car, averaging what you're doing, and having that be the action. It's pretty fun!

e: I think TT is the only game in recent history to have cheats

Trackmania is the absolute best. I have not tried nor heard of these mysterious cheats! Oh boy, I played a ton of it while I was babysitting my friend's PS4, and am like #19 in all of British Columbia (no doxx), or something.

There's no way to get that save file to my ps4 account at all, is there? :(

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
:wom:

Somebody fucked around with this message at 09:09 on Apr 28, 2017

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

Does he stand still in the subway for too long?

Somebody fucked around with this message at 09:08 on Apr 28, 2017

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
:wom:

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

Ok, thanks for the heads up.

(wtf?)

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Prey controlers are bad. Like real bad.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
ugggghhhh im still not getting things to backup right. This is getting frustrating >:[

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Telltale is really stretching themselves I see

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Telltale is really stretching themselves I see

lol