Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Norns posted:

I take that back. I had some loving wicked Vindaloo in Birmingham. Everything else about that trip was poo poo.

That's English food. Indians would disown it faster than they would Narein Karthekeyian.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
To be fair we do drink (delicious) weeds here.

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

Theophany posted:

French food is garbage. I've never understood why people hold it in such high regard. Yeah, let's just eat the loving poo poo you find near your pond and pretend it's sophisticated.

Duck droppings are an acquired taste.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Theophany posted:

That's English food. Indians would disown it faster than they would Narein Karthekeyian.

Fully aware that English curry isn't the same. Just saying I did have at least ONE good plate.

wuffles
Apr 10, 2004

Norns posted:

You're drinking weeds

*mows lawn and tosses the clippings into a cup of hot water*

"Brilliant!"

- a British person

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

geonetix posted:

Duck droppings are an acquired taste.

I'll let somebody else acquire it.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

French food is delicious.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Norns posted:

Fully aware that English curry isn't the same. Just saying I did have at least ONE good plate.

Well you were in Brum, I'd be upset if you'd been in the crucible of curry and had a duffer!

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

That's fair. My personal favourite thing to dislike is the soup that's until this day still made with literal sea water. The french are odd.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

wicka posted:

French food is delicious.

Especially french fries, eh?

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

iospace posted:

Get a load of this guy!

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

The worst loving thing is that my house is pretty much equidistant from three amazing curry places and it makes it hard to choose which one to go for sometimes.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Now of only the british could build race cars as well as the germans* or italians :smug:

*I am well aware amg petronas is based in england, but they still count as german to me

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

NtotheTC posted:

The worst loving thing is that my house is pretty much equidistant from three amazing curry places and it makes it hard to choose which one to go for sometimes.

All of them?

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

iospace posted:

FREEDOM FRIES MOTHERFUCKER

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Powershift posted:

Now of only the british could build race cars as well as the germans* or italians :smug:

*I am well aware amg petronas is based in england, but they still count as german to me

Middle England is basically North Carolina.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Theophany posted:

Middle England is basically North Carolina.

Super racist with good BBQ?

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Norns posted:

Nah, BBQ is poo poo here. We must all bow to the US for that. You guys have created an art form.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Norns posted:

Nothing but lovely racecars and incest.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Having been to Nottingham, yes.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Powershift posted:

Nothing but lovely racecars and incest.

But enough about Alberta.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Tsaedje posted:

That's because Dandelion & Burdock is the king of drinks

This is the truth it really is the best.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
To any Brits in the area, I can't recommend enough doing a track day at Silverstone and stopping by the nearby team factories on your way home enough.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
On the subject of food I am a really good cook and grow all my own herbs as well as a few veggies. The winter failed to kill my parsley as it was really mild and the parsley has gone absolutely mental this spring with leaves as big as the palm of your hand, ive never seen the like.

My missus said to me once 'Why do you plant them in alphabetical order? I dont know how you find the time.'
I said its right there next to the sage.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Ban Tim Vine jokes ITT.

No wait I meant post more.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

Theophany posted:

To any Brits in the area, I can't recommend enough doing a track day at Silverstone and stopping by the nearby team factories on your way home enough.

Is the entire McLaren operation based out of Woking? I only visited the main part, but I don't think I saw a bit that could house their factory

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Bring back Tony Montana

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

He should be on shortly, if his past posting habits are to go by.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

He just getting coke lined out for the night?

Maybe snorting a ground up scorpion or something. I don't know what you loving Ausies do.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

Is the entire McLaren operation based out of Woking? I only visited the main part, but I don't think I saw a bit that could house their factory

The MTC is an underground Bond villain base, there's plenty of room for the factory, it's just not tidy enough for Ron to want it on view

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Norns posted:

You're drinking weeds

They are doing it wrong, stupid ferriners :350: :911:

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

iospace posted:

But enough about Alberta.

The racing scene isn't that bad if you exclude the time me and my navigator almost ending up in a scene from deliverance on a TSD rally

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Tsaedje posted:

The MTC is an underground Bond villain base, there's plenty of room for the factory, it's just not tidy enough for Ron to want it on view

the first time I went, I had the exact same thought. The second time I got lost trying to find the way out and ended up in a corridor chock full of official looking merchandise. The line-up of previous models of cars in the main reception is pretty drat cool

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Norns posted:

FREEDOM FRIES MOTHERFUCKER

This post is lacking explosions. :colbert:

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

the first time I went, I had the exact same thought. The second time I got lost trying to find the way out and ended up in a corridor chock full of official looking merchandise. The line-up of previous models of cars in the main reception is pretty drat cool

You can just...g...g..g..go there? :ohdear: that sounds amazing

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

On the subject of food I am a really good cook and grow all my own herbs as well as a few veggies. The winter failed to kill my parsley as it was really mild and the parsley has gone absolutely mental this spring with leaves as big as the palm of your hand, ive never seen the like.

My missus said to me once 'Why do you plant them in alphabetical order? I dont know how you find the time.'
I said its right there next to the sage.

For some reason this is the least surprising thing in the thread.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

GramCracker posted:

This post is lacking explosions. :colbert:

You can just...g...g..g..go there? :ohdear: that sounds amazing

Alas, I was working so sort of had to go there

McGuinty
Feb 11, 2008

Where's the nearest golf course? I have to shit.
This was last brought up a few pages back which reminded me to ask you lot: where does the Nelson Piquet, Dick Grabber thing come from? It seems to come up as a joke a lot and I seem to remember making the joke myself at least once (like the kid who repeats a dirty joke to look cool but has no idea what the punchline means). Is there some piece of video or anecdote by a fellow racer you can point me to? Not that I need proof, judging from what I've seen and heard of his personality over the years it's something I can totally believe he's done before.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
He grabs people's dicks.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Rosberg gently caress you to Senna at Europe 85 was awesome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

McGuinty posted:

This was last brought up a few pages back which reminded me to ask you lot: where does the Nelson Piquet, Dick Grabber thing come from? It seems to come up as a joke a lot and I seem to remember making the joke myself at least once (like the kid who repeats a dirty joke to look cool but has no idea what the punchline means). Is there some piece of video or anecdote by a fellow racer you can point me to? Not that I need proof, judging from what I've seen and heard of his personality over the years it's something I can totally believe he's done before.

Pk Jr kicked a guy in the balls after a Nascar race once. It runs in the family.

• Locked thread